The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 03-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Jackonsville, United States
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I suppose they assume that any engagement ring Harry gives to a future wife would come from jewels belonging to Diana, considering her actual engagement was re-used. The idea makes sense, but whether that is actually what would happen is another matter.
Well, they claimed to have spoken to the jeweler making the ring from the tiara. It almost seems plausible, but I don't think it's entirely true.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 03-12-2017, 04:22 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's green. The headband in question is her emerald one.
https://www.atlantadiamond.com/2773/...hokerheadband/


That choker was also not personally owned by Diana, but is part of the Queen's collection and was on loan. I have a hard time believing they'd break up a piece of historic jewelry like that when there's no need to.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 03-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,047
There is no direct quote from the jeweler. The identity of the crown jeweler is a known thing. The article claims that Harry has asked Charles for permission to use the jewels, but the jewels are the Queen's. Harry is also not a penniless former Prince of Greece and Denmark who used diamonds from his mother's tiara for an engagement ring.
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 03-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,224
I'm trying hard to figure out just what article of jewelry Diana actually owned that could possibly be broken up to provide a stone for Harry. I don't follow jewelry all that much so its perplexing to me.

I do seriously doubt that anyone that would have been trusted to take on a project such as making a ring for Harry would definitely not talk to anyone about it or even hint that this is in the works. My take on it is that now that Harry's been out in public (at a wedding no less) with Meghan, tabloids are jumping the gun thinking Harry caught wedding fever and that an engagement is imminent. The only thing they have really to go by is that William proposed with Diana's engagement ring and Harry would do no less.

I'm not holding my breath on any of these "supposed" rumors until its actually made fact by credible sources.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 03-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,247
The choker was said to be gifted to Diana by the queen. So the ownership is questionable. Certainly wouldn't be the first time a new piece was made from old. The choker itself was made by jewels from another set.

If he wants a piece with history there are likely other rings in the vaults his grandmother may allow him to use. But besides Kate and Camilla, new rings are more common.

I have little doubt Harry's wife will wear some of Diana's jewels but stands to be seen if her engagement ring is.
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,047
The choker was a loaner from the Queen. It was returned to the Queen after Diana's death. It's even been on display at BP afterwards.

http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.com...hoker.html?m=1
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's green. The headband in question is her emerald one.
https://www.atlantadiamond.com/2773/...hokerheadband/

Ah my bad! Thought it was blue!


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:12 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The choker was a loaner from the Queen. It was returned to the Queen after Diana's death. It's even been on display at BP afterwards.

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: The Art Deco Emerald Choker

Okay well that story can be put to bed then...not likely they are gonna do anything to this.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
There is no direct quote from the jeweler. The identity of the crown jeweler is a known thing. The article claims that Harry has asked Charles for permission to use the jewels, but the jewels are the Queen's. Harry is also not a penniless former Prince of Greece and Denmark who used diamonds from his mother's tiara for an engagement ring.

Prince Phillip aside, I think it's quite romantic and charming when men use family pieces for their fiancee's and/or new wives.

I think it would be neat if Harry does use a family piece (from whomever in the family doesn't have to be his mother's) for his future wife.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 03-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,202
No, the choker wasn't Diana's. It was on loan to her from Her Majesty. The article was pretty much made up.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 03-12-2017, 06:06 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...


LaRae
Unfortunately regardless of when Harry gets engage and to whom, comparasions will be made between the two ladies engagement rings.
When Charles and Andrew became engaged clusters rings were all the rage and 'blah blah' was the name of the game.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eM2xA7gx0v...400/_Diana.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNq4FIFOBo...400/_Sarah.jpg
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 03-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 808
I'm no jewelry expert - but the emeralds in the choker appear to be cabochons and most engagement rings feature faceted stones. Emeralds would be lovely, though I doubt any official Royal stones would be used as they will pass out of the core family and down Harry's line & ultimately might end up sold as has happened w/ some of the ancillary branches of the family.
Charles enjoys gifting jewelry, so it's possible Diana had some pieces he gave her that now belong to William and/or Harry.
To summarize QEII male sons/grandsons engagement ring choices:
Diana's sapphire ring was a new purchase.
Catherine's engagement ring was Diana's sapphire ring.
Sarah's ruby ring was a new purchase. (Margaret's ring was a ruby too.)
Sophie's diamond ring was a new purchase.
Autumns diamond ring was a new purchase.
Charles gifted Camilla w/ one of the Queen Mum's diamond rings.
All that said, it's a bit early to be speculating about which stone a future ring might contain - but I can't wait to start wedding tiara speculation when the time comes for Harry's future bride & his cousins the York's.
Guess I'll see myself out & head over to the Royal jewelry threads to get my fix
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Unfortunately regardless of when Harry gets engage and to whom, comparasions will be made between the two ladies engagement rings.
When Charles and Andrew became engaged clusters rings were all the rage and 'blah blah' was the name of the game.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eM2xA7gx0v...400/_Diana.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNq4FIFOBo...400/_Sarah.jpg
Oh too right...people are so annoying.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I'm no jewelry expert - but the emeralds in the choker appear to be cabochons and most engagement rings feature faceted stones. Emeralds would be lovely, though I doubt any official Royal stones would be used as they will pass out of the core family and down Harry's line & ultimately might end up sold as has happened w/ some of the ancillary branches of the family.
Charles enjoys gifting jewelry, so it's possible Diana had some pieces he gave her that now belong to William and/or Harry.
To summarize QEII male sons/grandsons engagement ring choices:
Diana's sapphire ring was a new purchase.
Catherine's engagement ring was Diana's sapphire ring.
Sarah's ruby ring was a new purchase. (Margaret's ring was a ruby too.)
Sophie's diamond ring was a new purchase.
Autumns diamond ring was a new purchase.
Charles gifted Camilla w/ one of the Queen Mum's diamond rings.
All that said, it's a bit early to be speculating about which stone a future ring might contain - but I can't wait to start wedding tiara speculation when the time comes for Harry's future bride & his cousins the York's.
Guess I'll see myself out & head over to the Royal jewelry threads to get my fix

Love Camilla's ring...I'd take that kind of 'hand me down' ring any day!

I am glad Diana's ring was used. It's quite pretty and the sentimental value for her boys must be high...can't imagine one of them not using it.

I can only imagine the rings in the royal vaults that haven't seen the light of day in years....would be neat to see one of those used.

I love going over to the jewelry threads...tons of pretty things to look at!


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:31 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 3,103
I will patiently wait for an announcement. But I do wish them both the best whether they marry each other or not.
__________________
Absence is, in my opinion, important to find out whether something in your life is meaningful and important! It may be difficult to endure, but the end result is always revealing.
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...


LaRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Unfortunately regardless of when Harry gets engage and to whom, comparasions will be made between the two ladies engagement rings.
When Charles and Andrew became engaged clusters rings were all the rage and 'blah blah' was the name of the game.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eM2xA7gx0v...400/_Diana.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cNq4FIFOBo...400/_Sarah.jpg
Mark gave Anne an engagement ring with a Sapphire center stone, and that didn't stop Charles and Diana from 'copying' by picking a sapphire ring. Did the media harp on that in 1981, like the fuss they made over Andrew choosing a cluster?
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
Totally different atmosphere today than 1981. Everything is very different. The media has much more info nowdays and of course they are really good and making things up.


LaRae
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 03-12-2017, 08:34 PM
LauraS3514's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA, United States
Posts: 414
Diana also owned a beautiful large aquamarine ring and an emerald and diamond ring that she occasionally wore instead of her engagement ring both before and after her divorce. Diana's Rings The aquamarine ring is stunning, if a big large for everyday wear.
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 03-12-2017, 08:38 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraS3514 View Post
Diana also owned a beautiful large aquamarine ring and an emerald and diamond ring that she occasionally wore instead of her engagement ring both before and after her divorce. Diana's Rings The aquamarine ring is stunning, if a big large for everyday wear.


I was looking at those earlier today. I'm sure there are a ton of rings in the Royal collection we don't know about too, if Harry wants to go the heirloom route.

My feeling is he will probably have something new created but we'll see
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 03-12-2017, 09:00 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,362
That aquamarine ring is stunning. The boys got all her personal jewelry (wonder who has the eternity band) so it would be possible to see Harry use the aquamarine ring...can't imagine a girl not liking that!


LaRae
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Titles and Styles of Harry, his Future Wife and Children Aussie Princess Prince Harry and Prince William 1860 Yesterday 04:13 AM
Prince Ali bin Nayef, Princess Wejdan (ex-wife), Princess Reema (2nd wife) & Family Reina Royal House of Jordan 97 03-05-2017 04:30 PM
Convertible Tiaras/Necklaces and Versatile Tiaras Josefine Royal Jewels General Discussion 51 03-28-2016 12:59 PM




Popular Tags
best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cornwall fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen anne-marie queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margerthe queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania in new zealand queen silvia spanish royal family events state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge hats vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises