The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-20-2017, 09:07 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
There also is the distinct possibility that Harry's bride may opt out for no tiara at all and go with flowers or jeweled hairpins. The sad thing is that as we move further and further into the 21st century, the occasions that call for wearing tiaras are getting scarcer.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, that would be a lovely choice. Alternatively, Charles could acquire a new tiara for her.
I would assume that QE would as well, assuming H married during her lifetime.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There also is the distinct possibility that Harry's bride may opt out for no tiara at all and go with flowers or jeweled hairpins. The sad thing is that as we move further and further into the 21st century, the occasions that call for wearing tiaras are getting scarcer.
I doubt Harry's bride will opt for no tiara at her wedding as that would be a major departure from recent BRF tradition . Besides, with a slimmed-down monarchy under Charles, it is very likely that Harry and his wife will attend most official tiara events (normally two per year at least). Harry's wife will need a working tiara then and the easiest way to do it without having to share historic items from the monarch's personal collection is to buy her a new one for her wedding and make it her working tiara thereafter.

I may be wrong, but I don't see Harry's wife wearing more than one tiara on a regular basis.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't see Harry's wife wearing more than one tiara on a regular basis.
I think you're probably right with this statement. Harry's wife will always be in the position that she is the day that she marries unless something dire happens. We're most likely to see the different tiaras on the Princess of Wales (should William be created Prince of Wales) and then as Queen Consort.

There really won't be a great need for Harry's wife to have more than one tiara.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

There are several tiaras in the collection that we haven't seen in years. Although it's been cited that Camilla have the Teck Cresent Tiara, she and nobody else has worn it in decades. There's also Queen Mary's bandeau that Princess Margaret used to wear. Not counting Diana's jewel collection.

There's plenty of jewels for Harry's wife to explore.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2017, 09:05 PM
Courtier

I don't know if there's plenty of jewels for her to explore. Its not like they have a free reign to choose what they want from the vault.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't see Camilla clutching the Teck Crescent tiara to her bosom and saying 'No!' if Harry's wife wanted to borrow it, as she herself has never worn it. We don't know where the bandeau is either. It may be with Camilla. Of course Camilla has many private jewels too. She could leave a few to Harry's wife as well as her own daughter when she passes, jewellery which could be converted.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:28 AM
Nobility

My observation is that no royal woman other than the Queen wears different tiaras from the royal collection. A royal woman may switch tiaras but once that switch happens she wears that tiara until the next switch. For example, Catherine wore the Halo Scroll on her wedding day, then she switched to the Lotus tiara and now she wears the Lover's Knot Tiara. I don't think that we will be seeing her in the Halo Scroll or Lotus tiaras again, and if she debuts another royal collection tiara, which I doubt, then we will not see her in the Lover's Knot tiara, at least not during Queen Elizabeth's reign.

Same thing with Camilla, she only wore the Delhi Durbar tiara once and then she started wearing the Greville tiara, there may have been another tiara in between that but there are no photos of her in that tiara, but she has not been seen in the Delhi Durbar after she started wearing the Greville.

With Sophie, I am pretty sure that she has not been spotted in her wedding tiara after she debuted the aquamarine tiara in 2012.

Camilla and Sophie wear other tiaras like Sophie's other aquamarine tiara, the one that doubles as a necklace, but those seem to be private acquisitions or family tiaras. The more I think about it I suspect that Sophie's aquamarine tiara / necklace combo was probably gifted/funded by the Queen and will be the Wessex family tiara.

What that means for Harry's future wife is that, if he gets married during his grandmother's reign, his wife will be given access to one tiara from the royal collection, but switching will be allowed, and she will also be gifted a tiara. Now all of this can get turned on its head when Charles becomes King.
Old 01-23-2017, 11:17 PM
Majesty

Would love if she wore any of Diana's sapphires

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: A Few of Diana's Sapphires
Old 01-24-2017, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent

If they do start her out with a new one, I hope they buy it and not cobble it together. There are such beautiful ones that come up for auction. Even better if they can get their hands on with some known providence.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If they do start her out with a new one, I hope they buy it and not cobble it together. There are such beautiful ones that come up for auction. Even better if they can get their hands on with some known providence.
I doubt they would buy a tiara with a known provenance, a Wales bride wearing the tiara will create a provenance anew. Plenty of old tiaras cone up for sale, just walk along Burlington Arcade to see a selection.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry plans to ‘turn Diana’s tiara into engagement ring’ | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

If there's any truth to this, it would ruin any surprise impact from Harry to Meghan. I hope it's false. Besides, he needs to meet with her parents first. When or if I read that Harry is headed to Mexico, then we know why.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Prince Harry plans to ‘turn Dianaâ€s tiara into engagement ring†| Royal | News | Express.co.uk

If there's any truth to this, it would ruin any surprise impact from Harry to Meghan. I hope it's false. Besides, he needs to meet with her parents first. When or if I read that Harry is headed to Mexico, then we know why.

No he doesn't. It's far more common, now that people are marrying later in life when they have established lives separate from their parents for the couple to decide together and tell the parents together.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

While asking a parents permission is rare now a days, especially in older couples, it is still pretty uncommon to propose when you haven't even met the family. I a, not saying Harry will ask her dad for her hand, but not even to meet hurt parents, even for dinner, is unlikely.

I highly doubt it would be in Mexico. It's not like her dad never leaves. They wouldn't want to broadcast. I am sure dad could come visit.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:27 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a slow news week/month for them. Very unlikely there's any truth to that.

LaRae
Old 03-12-2017, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's a slow news week/month for them. Very unlikely there's any truth to that.

LaRae
Agreed. Harry wouldn't reveal he was talking rings yet. Or want what stone public.

Nor would any jeweller leak the information. Best way to lose a customer. And they aren't about to throw away a royal patron.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...

LaRae
Old 03-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Not to mention...not likely he's gonna give his fiancee a blue stone and put her in the position of having that whole circus go on. Oh look Kate's sapphire is bigger than Meghans blah blah ...

LaRae
It's green. The headband in question is her emerald one.
https://www.atlantadiamond.com/2773/...hokerheadband/
Old 03-12-2017, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

I suppose they assume that any engagement ring Harry gives to a future wife would come from jewels belonging to Diana, considering her actual engagement was re-used. The idea makes sense, but whether that is actually what would happen is another matter.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I suppose they assume that any engagement ring Harry gives to a future wife would come from jewels belonging to Diana, considering her actual engagement was re-used. The idea makes sense, but whether that is actually what would happen is another matter.

Agreed, makes sense. Likely hoping make a lucky guess.

Emerald is likely a good guess. It's not likely she would get a sapphire like Kate. I can see the paper claiming if Meg abd Harry do get engaged, and it's a diamond and not emerald, the stones come from the choker. They won't admit to being wrong.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry