The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2017, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

There are several tiaras in the Royal vaults that haven't seen the light of day for years, including the Strathmore and the beautiful Oriental Circlet.

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

As well, Camilla has a Kings ransom in jewellery including tiaras. I don't think that Harry will need to go cap in hand to the Kent offspring for a tiara if his bride needs one.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There are several tiaras in the Royal vaults that haven't seen the light of day for years, including the Strathmore and the beautiful Oriental Circlet.

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

As well, Camilla has a Kings ransom in jewellery including tiaras. I don't think that Harry will need to go cap in hand to the Kent offspring for a tiara if his bride needs one.
There is longstanding rumors that the Strathmore is in too fragile of condition to be worn again. As for the Oriental Circlet, it is only worn by Queens per Victoria's request.

There are plenty of tiaras in the vault for HM, Camilla , and Catherine. But these tiaras are mostly tiaras of provenance that wouldn't be worn by the wife of a younger son.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Sophie's wedding tiara was supposedly composed of sections of jewellery worn by Queen Victoria, so that hardly backs up that argument.

Some of Camilla's jewellery, reputedly given to Charles, came from Mrs Ronnie Greville, so these don't have Royal provenance. Nobody knows what condition the Strathmore is in as nothing has been said about it publicly.

You seem to think that Harry is of so little importance that any old thing will do for a possible bridal tiara for his wife. Charles is extremely fond of Harry and if he wants his future daughter in law, (who will rank as a senior Royal above Sophie in his reign) then I believe she will receive one, and one with some history behind it as well.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Courtier

She didn't say jewelry worn by Queen Victoria couldn't be worn by others just the Oriental Circlet is suppose to be worn by Queen only. So really you didn't disprove her argument.

To Miss Whirley point, only Queens have been photograph with it. The Queen Mother and Queen Elizabeth.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Sophie's wedding tiara was supposedly composed of sections of jewellery worn by Queen Victoria, so that hardly backs up that argument.

Some of Camilla's jewellery, reputedly given to Charles, came from Mrs Ronnie Greville, so these don't have Royal provenance. Nobody knows what condition the Strathmore is in as nothing has been said about it publicly.

You seem to think that Harry is of so little importance that any old thing will do for a possible bridal tiara for his wife. Charles is extremely fond of Charles and if he wants his future daughter in law, (who will rank as a senior Royal above Sophie in his reign) then I believe she will receive one, and one with some history behind it as well.
Well, I would hope Charles likes himself. But I assume you meant Harry. Do you really believe that Charles loves Harry more than HM loves Andrew or Edward. Their wives weren't given the 'major' tiaras and Harry's won't either. Princess Henry not getting the same treatment as HM, Camilla and Catherine isn't a snub to her. She just isn't a future Queen. It's that simple.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla has the Teck moon tiara, once owned by the Duchess of Teck. That would be perfect. A lovely tiara.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to a tiara or jewels or whatever happens should Harry get engaged and his bride becomes part of the Windsor family, a lot of the decisions will be more on a personal basis than the weight, value, size, history or whatever of the jewelry in question. Each royal lady that wears a piece of jewelry is adding to the history of that piece. There are extensive reports of pieces and who wore them and where they wore them and who wore it first. They have a life of their own when you think about it.

Its never about who is more important than the next guy. Like Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring, it was handed down and Kate is now adding her own history to the ring itself. It may someday be passed onto George or George's son if and when he gets engaged and it'll be more Queen Catherine's engagement ring that was King Charles' first wife, Diana's.

This is part and parcel of how the history of the British royal family goes and whatever happens with Harry's bride, what she wears will be added into history.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Do you really believe that Charles loves Harry more than HM loves Andrew or Edward. Their wives weren't given the 'major' tiaras and Harry's won't either. Princess Henry not getting the same treatment as HM, Camilla and Catherine isn't a snub to her. She just isn't a future Queen. It's that simple.

I don't see any difficulty. If Meghan weds Harry, a tiara will most likely be purchased for her if there's nothing suitable in the vault.

Tiaras do get auctioned frequently, and Charles often has a rep at the auction houses. I'm sure Meghan won't have to do without.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent

There will almost certainly be tiaras in the vault like the Strathmore, the Teck Circle tiara or the Teck Moon tiara available, which Camilla has but has never worn. We don't know what other tiaras she has either.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't see any difficulty. If Meghan weds Harry, a tiara will most likely be purchased for her if there's nothing suitable in the vault.

Tiaras do get auctioned frequently, and Charles often has a rep at the auction houses. I'm sure Meghan won't have to do without.
I agree. Which is a pretty good deal for her, if you ask me. Sarah's tiara was bought and it's beautiful. Princess Margaret's wedding tiara was bought and it's usually people's favorite tiara out of all the one's she worn.

This way the wife gets to choose something to her style, that flatters her face, and unlike historic pieces which have to be returned to the vault, the bought tiaras can be passed down to Harry's children and grandchildren.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, but associated with 'lower rank wife', 'cobbled together', 'not a heavy hitter', when you suggested a purchased tiara before, as per remarks in your previous posts. Of course Harry's wife couldn't possibly have anything from the vaults as absolutely everything in there is reserved isn't it, for future consorts.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:42 AM
Courtier

We are getting ahead of ourselves here, but tiara wise, totally up to Meghan of course.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh, but associated with 'lower rank wife', 'cobbled together', 'not a heavy hitter', when you suggested a purchased tiara before, as per remarks in your previous posts. Of course Harry's wife couldn't possibly have anything from the vaults as everything is reserved isn't it, for future consorts.
1. Um, wives of younger sons are of lower rank than future Queens. That's calling a spade a spade.

2. Sophie's tiara is cobbled together. Did I lie? If she had one bought for her, it would have been much more attractive than the one she got stuck with. So what's your point?

3. A heavy-hitter tiara, is a tiara that is worn by Queens and future Queens. And yes, I believe that Princess Henry won't wear a tiara that has previously only been worn by Queens.

I don't know why you are do adamant that Harry's wife must get the same Queen treatment as HM, Camilla, and Catherine. It not the way the BRF works.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When it comes to a tiara or jewels or whatever happens should Harry get engaged and his bride becomes part of the Windsor family, a lot of the decisions will be more on a personal basis than the weight, value, size, history or whatever of the jewelry in question. Each royal lady that wears a piece of jewelry is adding to the history of that piece. There are extensive reports of pieces and who wore them and where they wore them and who wore it first. They have a life of their own when you think about it.

Its never about who is more important than the next guy. Like Kate wearing Diana's engagement ring, it was handed down and Kate is now adding her own history to the ring itself. It may someday be passed onto George or George's son if and when he gets engaged and it'll be more Queen Catherine's engagement ring that was King Charles' first wife, Diana's.

This is part and parcel of how the history of the British royal family goes and whatever happens with Harry's bride, what she wears will be added into history.
And you never know...Charlotte could end up with the ring too if George isn't too keen on it. Afterall...if Harry had gotten engaged first his wife would have it according to the agreement made by the boys years ago.

LaRae
Old 01-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
And you never know...Charlotte could end up with the ring too if George isn't too keen on it. Afterall...if Harry had gotten engaged first his wife would have it according to the agreement made by the boys years ago.

LaRae
That was tabloid myth. Diana's will that got released a few years ago said William inherited the ring and Harry inherited his mother's wedding dress.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

re: the tiaras for brides of royals in Harry's situation

While it's unlikely that Harry's eventual bride would be given use of one of the big family tiaras, that's no insult to him or her. Remember that, if Harry is made a Duke and later has a son, his household will be the start of a new titled family that will need its own tiara to hand down, use at weddings, etc. Some royal families have seen their store of heavy-hitting jewels dwindle because they were given to lower-ranking Princes or Princesses and thus became part of the family jewels for a line of Dukes or another nation's royals. The BRF's policies allow them to both preserve their collection and set up future generations of their extended family to be able to keep the tradition of tiara-wearing even as they grow more distant from the throne.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Majesty

There is no saying a future bride won't be loaned one if the family tiaras. The queen doesn't have to gift them. There are several like the lotus which could easily be worn by her. Or one that hasn't been seen in some time.

It's also possible they could pull a Sophie. Yes, like Sarah her wedding tiara was new. But sophie has three tiaras, her wedding and two aquamarine tiaras. The better known, her five aquamarine, is not new, the queen wore it.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Five Aquamarine Tiara

Possible a new tiara, one that could be passed down, will be bought from auction. And down the line, like Sophie, she will be given a smaller family piece either on loan (understanding it will remain in the family) or to keep.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There is no saying a future bride won't be loaned one if the family tiaras. The queen doesn't have to gift them. There are several like the lotus which could easily be worn by her. Or one that hasn't been seen in some time.

It's also possible they could pull a Sophie. Yes, like Sarah her wedding tiara was new. But sophie has three tiaras, her wedding and two aquamarine tiaras. The better known, her five aquamarine, is not new, the queen wore it.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Five Aquamarine Tiara

Possible a new tiara, one that could be passed down, will be bought from auction. And down the line, like Sophie, she will be given a smaller family piece either on loan (understanding it will remain in the family) or to keep.
I think this is a reasonable conclusion. Her first tiara will likely be bought, then 6 or 7 years into their marriage, if the marriage is still going strong, she will likely be loaned a second tiara, a smaller family piece.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Aristocracy

I would love to see the Strathmore Rose tiara repaired for her use.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenerys Targaryen View Post
I would love to see the Strathmore Rose tiara repaired for her use.
I agree, that would be a lovely choice. Alternatively, Charles could acquire a new tiara for her.

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry