The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 01:18 AM
Majesty

Well said Rob.....Nimue I think Catherine's ring was altered a little to add more prongs etc....but sorry can't imagine turning down a ring from Diana's collection if I was marrying into the family....couldn't imagine turning down a family ring from my fiance...just seems a bit rude to me.

LaRae

Old 06-02-2015, 01:34 AM
Courtier

I love when people use heirloom rings, I think it's really lovely. When people are getting married, I think it's nice if they want to use a ring that perhaps has meaning to them, rather than just wanting new bling (not that I'm against that!). When I first heard that William had given Kate Diana's engagement ring, I sort of felt hesitant at first, but when he explained his reasoning, I saw it as a beautiful, loving gesture. For a lot of people, such rings are more than just old "hand-me-downs."

Old 06-02-2015, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Well said Rob.....Nimue I think Catherine's ring was altered a little to add more prongs etc....but sorry can't imagine turning down a ring from Diana's collection if I was marrying into the family....couldn't imagine turning down a family ring from my fiance...just seems a bit rude to me. LaRae
Then I've been rude. It's really about what I, as the woman (the beloved), wants imo. I'm the one who is going to wear the jewelry, after all. I would only want to be with a man who was considerate in that way. If a man's family's jewels are more important than me, well....red flag.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Then I've been rude. It's really about what I, as the woman (the beloved), wants imo. I'm the one who is going to wear the jewelry, after all. I would only want to be with a man who was considerate in that way. If a man's family's jewels are more important than me, well....red flag.

And if you only wanted new "bling" and didn't see the love behind the ring well maybe red flag for him

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And if you only wanted new "bling" and didn't see the love behind the ring well maybe red flag for him.
You're incorrigible, royal rob. You will have it your way, but really think about it. Putting someone in a 'prison' because of a 'thing'? Requiring them to wear something because.....hmmm. Nope. Too kinky for me. Wild thought.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
You're incorrigible, royal rob. You will have it your way, but really think about it. Putting someone in a 'prison' because of a 'thing'? Requiring them to wear something because.....hmmm. Nope. Too kinky for me. Wild thought.

Maybe you aren't meant for him then ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 08-17-2016, 02:07 PM
Majesty

Hidden British Royal Tiaras | The Court Jeweller

Would be wonderful if his wife will wear any of these.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:21 AM
Nobility

The Tiara of a Royal Wife?

Is each one especially designed for a soon to be royal wife prior to the wedding? I was just wondering about Meghan's tiara should she and Harry marry, what it will look like etc.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Is each one especially designed for a soon to be royal wife prior to the wedding? I was just wondering about Meghan's tiara should she and Harry marry, what it will look like etc.
One would probably be bought for her like Sarah, Duchess of York. I'm not sure there's that many ones left for a lower-rank wife, if Sophie had to settle for that cobbled-together tiara. The wife of the 5th in-line isn't likely to get the heavy-hitter tiaras in the vault. Charles might try to acquire for her a historic piece that had previously been sold out of the family. Hard to say, I'd like to think that Harry's wife would have some input.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry will be a King's son and his wife will hardly be ranked lower than Sophie. Harry's still a senior Royal, hardly a nobody!
Old 01-17-2017, 07:52 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think that bridge will be crossed if and when the time comes. Meghan may decide not to wear a tiara. The Queen may give her a loan of a tiara and maybe even the same tiara that Kate wore or one may be found and bought for her.

What matters is that once she walks with Harry out of the ceremony, she will be a princess of the UK. (The if Charles is king) Princess Henry (of Wales if the Queen is still alive), The Duchess of XXX assuming that the Queen (or Charles) will make Harry a duke upon his marriage.

Actually, in my book, the tiara is part of the window dressing that comes with the wedding and doesn't really signify rank or file or status.

I remember us all guessing and waiting to see just which tiara, if any, Kate would wear. It gives us something to look forward to when the day comes (if it comes).
Old 01-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry will be a King's son and his wife will hardly be ranked lower than Sophie. Harry's still a senior Royal, hardly a nobody!
Andrew is the son of a Monarch and so is Edward. Harry will be equally placed to them, as the younger son of a Monarch. So I'm not sure why you think Harry's future wife will get so much better treatment than Sarah and Sophie.

Sarah and Sophie weren't given or loaned any substantial tiaras, so again I'm not sure why you think Harry's wife will. She will never be given the same vault access as Camilla and Catherine.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:07 AM
Majesty

If there is to be a comparison made, when Charles becomes king, Andrew and Edward and Anne will become comparable to the relationship of Princess Margaret to the throne. Siblings of the monarch.

Harry as the second son of the monarch would rank higher in the order of precedence than the siblings of the monarch if I have my protocol right. With this in mind, therefore Meghan, as the wife of the second son of the monarch, would be higher in precedence than the siblings after William and Kate.

If we're talking about the Queen's reign, the precedence is still that the sons and wives of The Prince of Wales would be higher than Andrew and family and Edward and family and Anne and Tim.

When it comes to the vault and the tiaras and the jewels, that I believe, is at the monarch's discretion. Some of the Crown Jewels have a specific ordinance to be worn only by the Queen (Consort). We've seen the Queen make unusual loans with her private collection and we've seen the Queen buy tiaras for royal brides. We may see Harry's bride wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara even or see his bride with a brand sparkling new tiara of her own. That will be worked out between Harry, his bride and the monarch. There are no set rules for this.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Unless Catherine stop wearing the Lover's Knot Tiara, Meghan or whoever Harry marries will not be wearing it. The BRF doesn't share tiaras. It why we never see Sophie and Camilla wearing each other tiaras. And why we didn't see Sarah, Diana do the same.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Unless Catherine stop wearing the Lover's Knot Tiara, Meghan or whoever Harry marries will not be wearing it. The BRF doesn't share tiaras. It why we never see Sophie and Camilla wearing each other tiaras. And why we didn't see Sarah, Diana do the same.
This is true. The loans of these tiaras tend to stick to one person. Its possible though that Harry's bride could have a choice of a multitude of tiaras that are in the royal vault that haven't seen the light of day for eons. One contender for Kate's wedding was the Strathmore Rose tiara. A good place to find out and learn about the various tiaras and who owns what and who wears what and the provenance of these tiaras is in the jewelry threads themselves. Interesting stuffs.

We won't know a danged thing though until the day of any wedding happening. Its not something that is announced. Neither will we know if Harry is created a royal duke until that time comes. Its all stuff to look forward to and I can guarantee right now that between the announcement of Harry's engagement and the actual wedding date, there will be some very active threads around here.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If there is to be a comparison made, when Charles becomes king, Andrew and Edward and Anne will become comparable to the relationship of Princess Margaret to the throne. Siblings of the monarch.

Harry as the second son of the monarch would rank higher in the order of precedence than the siblings of the monarch if I have my protocol right. With this in mind, therefore Meghan, as the wife of the second son of the monarch, would be higher in precedence than the siblings after William and Kate.

If we're talking about the Queen's reign, the precedence is still that the sons and wives of The Prince of Wales would be higher than Andrew and family and Edward and family and Anne and Tim.

When it comes to the vault and the tiaras and the jewels, that I believe, is at the monarch's discretion. Some of the Crown Jewels have a specific ordinance to be worn only by the Queen (Consort). We've seen the Queen make unusual loans with her private collection and we've seen the Queen buy tiaras for royal brides. We may see Harry's bride wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara even or see his bride with a brand sparkling new tiara of her own. That will be worked out between Harry, his bride and the monarch. There are no set rules for this.
No. You are confusing line of succession with precedence. Precedence is about your relation to the monarch. Sons take precedence over grandsons. Charles, Andrew and Edward all take precedence over William and Harry.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
No. You are confusing line of succession with precedence. Precedence is about your relation to the monarch. Sons take precedence over grandsons. Charles, Andrew and Edward all take precedence over William and Harry.
Can I get a bit of rye toast here to go with the egg on my face?

You're absolutely correct and I have mixed up the order of succession with the order of precedence. One way to really sink a lesson home sometimes is to make a mistake and have those that know what they're talking about correct you.

(checks off her learn something new everyday box as she heads on a quest for rye toast)
Old 01-17-2017, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Let's get back on topic please - there are other threads to discuss orders of succession and precedence and how royals communicate with one another.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Even if Catherine stopped wearing it, we probably wouldn't see it on Princess Henry. It has only been worn by Queens and wives of future Kings. That what I was talking about earlier when I said there doesn't seem to be a lot of 'minor' tiaras left in the vault. Pss Henry would likely either need a new tiara bought for her, or if The Duke and Duchess of Kent pass away, the BRF could buy one (or more) of the Kent tiaras that their children will likely sell to pay off taxes.

Or maybe the Persian Turquoise tiara if it was returned to the vault. Though that one might be saved for Princess Charlotte.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are plenty of tiara's in the vaults. There stuff we still haven't seen in years.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
jewellery, kate middleton, prince harry, prince william, tiaras, wife, william and harry