The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
If you start giving back gems or other values because of things in the past which were "murky", you cant stop it. .... If you start, there's no end to it. so its better to accept that history has its own laws and that sometimes you need to look to the future because the past has no beginning and never ends as yesterday was once the day after tomorrow...

Exactly! Next thing you know, Greece will be demanding the return of the Elgin Marbles!

And the UK will want Winnie the Pooh and friends back from the New York Public Library!

Oh wait....

Old 07-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Nobility

Daisies and Renata:

I understand your feelings, but most of us on the forums (and I have been here less than a year) have talked this issue to death, and there seems to be a growing sense that continuing to dissect this issue is "beating a dead horse." It is what it is -- and they are our future King and Queen (even though I live in the US, I am British). There was plenty of guilt to go around amongst the "famous threesome," and it is now time to focus on the positive. Camilla makes the POW happy, has settled him down -- and her step sons clearly adore her, so that should put a point to it.

Old 07-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Camilla has been photographed in the "Loversknot" tiara, which was given to the late Princess Diana as a wedding present by the Queen
Rubbish at its highest level. I'm diying to see this photo too
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm just glad that Daisies and Renata have never done anything at all questionable in their own lives because that's the only way that they would be in any position to cast judgements on the actions of others.

Ever heard the saying 'judge not lest ye be judged'? I assume not.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Serene Highness

I would like to see that pic of Camilla wearing the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara. Some where out there some one may have photo shopped it, but she has never worn this tiara in public.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Aristocracy

Hi,

If "she's been photographed wearing the Loversknot Tiara" then there should be a picture of it.
Produce it. Let's see it.

I too don't much care for Camilla, but I dare say, she has enough sense NOT to wear any 'Diana jewels' ever...

Larry
Old 07-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

Look what i've found :

"Since Diana’s death in 1997 the tiara has also been worn by Prince Charles second wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall"

Replica of Princess Diana

Amazing to see such disinformation and amazing to see that, apparently, some people believe in these obviously (badly) doctored photos...
Old 07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
Nobility

*rofl* quite a bad photoshop ... I could do a better one
Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I'm just glad that Daisies and Renata have never done anything at all questionable in their own lives because that's the only way that they would be in any position to cast judgements on the actions of others.

Ever heard the saying 'judge not lest ye be judged'? I assume not.
Uhhh, I do believe that Renata was making a "tongue-in-cheek" post.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

That is one of the worst photoshoped pics I have ever seen. Who ever did that poor job is trying to stir the pot.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

If I may add:

1) In the original picture taken to mark her 60th birthday at Highgrove, Camilla is pictured in the creme coloured dress and was not wearing a tiara at all; and

2) The blue dress was was worn in Uganda in November 2007 at the Commomwealth Heads of Government meeting. On that occassion, Camilla wore the Boucheron tiara

There are enough pictures of both these events available on TRF and online to back this up.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Royal Highness

I am not aware that Camilla has been photographed wearing the "Loversknot"tiara- where have you come across this?

As the wife of the heir to the throne, regardless of any opinions you may have of her, surely she has a "right" to wear significant pieces of jewellery? I would imagine that if the QM had had an issue about who should /should not wear her jewels, Camilla would not be wearing them now.
IMO I would rather these wonderful jewels be worn than stored away in a vault or displayed in a museum.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I fully agree with you. Not that Camilla has ever been seen wearing the Lovers Knot tiara, the "historic" jewels belong to HM, and it is for her to choose who wears them. And in these matters, it is clear whose judgment I might defer to:

- that of HM, who is c60 years in public life has never put a foot wrong; or
- some fans of the former wife of the PoW?
Old 07-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately, some people have a tendency to see any jewels that Diana wore as 'Diana's jewels' when in reality she was just one of a long line of Royal women to wear them. Obviously, Diana was photographed more than most in wearing them because of the increased pervasiveness of the press over the last 30 years. But ultimately Camilla has every right to wear all the jewels that are available to her as she is the future Queen.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

It seems according to some on this board, Camilla just should never wear any royal jewels.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Unfortunately, some people have a tendency to see any jewels that Diana wore as 'Diana's jewels' when in reality she was just one of a long line of Royal women to wear them. Obviously, Diana was photographed more than most in wearing them because of the increased pervasiveness of the press over the last 30 years. But ultimately Camilla has every right to wear all the jewels that are available to her as she is the future Queen.
Could not have said it better. Although I do think that Camilla will shy away from many of the jewels that Diana wore on a regular basis.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Look what i've found :

"Since Diana’s death in 1997 the tiara has also been worn by Prince Charles second wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall"

Replica of Princess Diana

Amazing to see such disinformation and amazing to see that, apparently, some people believe in these obviously (badly) doctored photos...
Wow! That has got to be one of the sickest fan pages I have ever encountered. I really didn't believe there were Camilla haters that sick out there!

As to the photoshop job? Well I am one of the most hamfisted of all time and even I could have done a better job.

Note to author: It is always a good idea to pick occasions when there are not a million photo's of Camilla wearing either nothing or one of her own signature jewels!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
That is one of the worst photoshoped pics I have ever seen. Who ever did that poor job is trying to stir the pot.
I didn't realise that Camilla was a dwarf compared to the Queen and Queen Mary... Or why else does the tiara look so enormous on her?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:34 AM
Courtier

If someone is deliberately starting to photoshop tiaras onto Camilla, then a firm fan obviously feels that she should recognised and STAND OUT more and more as grand royalty, even to the detriment of HM. Problem is that Camilla is starting to look totally ridiculous... big hair, big tiaras, big necklaces...
Old 07-19-2011, 07:00 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
she should recognised and STAND OUT more and more as grand royalty
The fact is she's already a "grand royal" as the second royal lady in the land. IMO she's not ridiculous at all, but quite grand and regal, but it's a matter of taste and personnal appreciation isn't it ?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery, tiaras