Tiaras and Jewels Camilla might use as Queen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Besides the Crown inheritence (reserved for the King's spouse), there are not set rules as to which jewellery should be worn by any prospective Princess of Wales.

Camilla may very well wish to contue wearing the said tiara's well after Charles suceeds his mother. There is an ample of amount of gem's in the vault to befit Catherine as wife of the heir apparent should she a) be offered and b) wish too wear them.

It has also long been said that Charles has, on occasion, inlfuenced his wife as to what jewellery she should wear for white tie events. That I would not be surprised at given his apparent interest in personal presentation and image.

Last edited:
I think she'll wear QEQM's coronation crown, when she is crowned with Charles. Public opinion has changed so much over the last several years in regards to her and Charles. I just don't think it will be that big of a deal. IMO

Unless those tiaras, as the wife of the heir, are worn by Catherine who will move up to being the wife of the heir when Camilla becomes the Queen Consort.
Those two tiaras were in the gift of the Queen to Camilla for her life use. The Delhi Durbar is unique and as we have only seen it once, may very well be that it was intended for her to wear at a specific occasion as an equally specific message. I don't expect to see Catherine wear it before her husband becomes heir to the throne and probably not any time soon after.

The Bucheron was left to the QM who, in turn, left it to her daughter. She, in turn, has gifted it to Camilla for her life use. It was a favourite of the QM because, like the Queen's 'Girls of Great Britain and Ireland', it is light and easy to wear. I am sure that HM was mindful of this and appreciated that Camilla, not having had her adult life to work her way up to the "serious" stuff, gifted her something both fabulous and easy to wear.

I think it rather unfortunate that Camilla does not choose to wear the Cubitt tiara. She's only worn it once in public since her marriage to Charles. It's such a lovely, 'Duchess' like tiara.

Delicate, yet regal. I hope she wears it from time to time after Charles succeeds his mother. It would make for a nice change to the usual statement pieces she seems to favour which I think have a tendancy to engulf her.

Last edited:
This would be great, please do something with the Queens Sapphier tiara- But I dought that this will happen (not for the corination at least).

I would add the Aquamarine and Burmese Ruby to that list:whistling:

I think it rather unfortunate that Camilla does not choose to wear the Cubitt tiara. She's only worn it once in public since her marriage to Charles. It's such a lovely, 'Duchess' like tiara I find.

Delicate, yet regal. I hope she wears it from time to time after Charles succeeds his mother. It would make for a nice change to the usual statement pieces she seems to favour.
Also strange that she has never worn the Teck tiara which is loanded to her. As for the Delhi durbar tiara i think this should be for the use of the Queen and to use it for special occasions like for example Queen Silvia does it with the Braganca tiara.

Also strange that she has never worn the Teck tiara which is loanded to her. As for the Delhi durbar tiara i think this should be for the use of the Queen and to use it for special occasions like for example Queen Silvia does it with the Braganca tiara.

The history of the Delhi Durbar is suh that I wold be surprised if you saw it used much in a hurry. Would be nice to see Camilla in the Teck tiara though.

Camilla also has the bust to pull off the stomachers. You may see those again. I know they wore corsets then, Queen Mary had a huge bust.

Queen Mary had bearing and could wear every piece of jewelry and look proper, even too much. Camilla, slouching, can never pull this off.

I agree, but the whale bones helped QM. She could not bend.

Camilla also has the bust to pull off the stomachers. You may see those again. I know they wore corsets then, Queen Mary had a huge bust.

I agree with you, methinks you will see the re-emergence of some of the stomachers once Camilla is Queen. We may get to see them on the coronation, and then again on some state occassions.

Tiaras and Jewels Camilla might use as Queen / Princess Consort

I think Camilla will continue to wear the jewels from QEQM that she is already wearing and adding some of the larger brooches that QEII are currently wearing.
I think she will continue to wear the Boucheron Tiara to most occassions, alternate it sometimes with the Oriental Circlet Tiara and maybe using the Dehli Durbar Tiara to very Grand occassions like state visits to and from other monarchies. George IV State Diadem for official portraits and for the state opening of the parliament. I want to see the whole Kent Amethyst Demi Parure being used regularly.
And how lovely it would be if Princess Margaret's Persian Turqoise Parure have made it back to the main line ;) Camilla would look fantastic in it.

Last edited:
One thing about Charles, he likes seeing the royal ladies properly rocking some jewels. I think Camilla and Catherine will use the heirlooms whenever they can.

I think Camilla will continue to wear the jewels from QEQM that she is already wearing and adding some of the larger brooches that QEII are currently wearing.
I think she will continue to wear the Boucheron Tiara to most occassions, alternate it sometimes with the Oriental Circlet Tiara and maybe using the Dehli Durbar Tiara to very Grand occassions like state visits to and from other monarchies. George IV State Diadem for official portraits and for the state opening of the parliament. I want to see the whole Kent Amethyst Demi Parure being used regularly.
And how lovely it would be if Princess Margaret's Persian Turqoise Parure have made it back to the main line ;) Camilla would look fantastic in it.
The Boucheron really seems to be a firm favourite and I also believe that Camilla will continue to wear it. But I think she'll add some others to the rotation, especially the Vladimir and the kokoshnik. Both are big enough to look good on her. I do hope that she'll prefer the Oriental circlet over the Burmese ruby tiara.

Standing in line at the grocery and reading the tabs yet again proclaiming that Camilla is killing the Queen and hates Kate, who is slowly poisoning Charles and... Well you get the idea. Standing there, looking at the rags, I have thought how the perfect tabloid fodder will be when QEII dies and Camilla becomes whatever we call her then and the lady of the vaults.

Every time Camilla wears any of the family jewelry she has not worn previously, there will be an article about how Kate, Sophie, Anne, Zara, Bea, Eugenie, etc. hate her for not sharing! "Bea trips Camilla down stairs because granny promised the Jardine Star to her!" (and yes that bad grammar was intentional on my part - it's how the Enquirer would write it).

"Sophie out for blood as Camilla scoops up another handful of sparklers." "Lady Loise cries heself to sleep after being told she will be loaned a tiara only over Cam's cold, dead body." "Zara fumes that the Jack Russels are fitted out in diamonds, while Mia goes without."

This stuff will practically write itself. :lol::lol::lol:

I bet when Camilla is Queen she wears the Oriental circlet, as it's associated closely with the Queen Mother and the Queen has only worn it once.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Almost every tiara and Royal jewelry has been worn by previous royals. Queen Mary's jewels have been worn by others. Same QEQM and it will be the same with QEII and even Diana. The Cambridge Lovers Knots Tiara was Queen Mary's , inherited by QEII, loaned to Diana. It will be worn again in time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Well, there are six tiaras that the Queen has worn frequently* during her reign: the Girls of GB and Ireland tiara, Q Alexandra's kokoshnik, the Vadimir, the Burmese rubies, sapphire tiara and Brazilian aquamarines. Half of them, rubies, aqua and sapphires, were made/mounted for QEII and haven't been worn by previous family members.

It remains to be seen which of these tiaras are to Camilla's taste. But she will have access to all of them. Personally I think that the kokoshnik and the Vladimir would look smashing on her. The girls might look a bit too deinty and delicated for her sull head of hair. And the last three are simply not much to my taste, so if Camilla goes for colour, I'd hope for the Oriental circlet.

* The fringe was rarely worn, Oriental circlet only once, and some others only while she still was a Princess or in the early years of her reign.

I was having a think of which "serious" emerald demi-parure might Camilla use once Charles is King. I guess the choice would be between:

> the Delhi Durbar emerald necklace (currently used by QE2, accompanying choker was used by Diana, but not HM);
> the Greville (used occasionally by QEQM); and
> the Godman bequest.

My guess is that the choice will end up being between the Greville and the Godman. Whilst the Greville has the better and bigger emeralds, it may loose out as the key design elements are very similar (large fantastic stones set in a cluster with some daimonds) to the Crown Rubies and the George VI sapphire set, where the stones are much smaller.

Thoughts welcome.

Last edited:
I was having a think of which "serious" emerald demi-parure might Camilla use once Charles is King. I guess the choice would be between:

> the Delhi Durbar emerald necklace (currently used by QE2, accompanying choker was used by Diana, but not HM);
> the Greville (used occasionally by QEQM); and
> the Godman bequest.

My guess is that the choice will end up being between the Greville and the Godman, Whilst the Greville has the better and bigger emeralds, it may loose out as the key design elements are very similar (large fantastic stones set in a cluster with some daimonds) to the Crown Rubies and the George VI sapphire set, where the stones are much smaller.

Thoughts welcome.

It is a pity that there is not other emerald tiara in the main line except the Valdmir tiara when worn with emeralds.

It is a pity that there is not other emerald tiara in the main line except the Valdmir tiara when worn with emeralds.

I agree..... unless, unlikely as it may be, she decided to swap the rubies from the Oriental Circlet with emeralds.

I think Camilla will wear the Cambridge Emerald parure, the Oriental Circlet, the Kokoshnik ,the Dehli Durbar and [for State occasions] the Geo iv Circlet.

Certainly the Kent Amethysts will [FINALLY] get a decent airing, and [who knows] other things which may be more to her taste than they are to the present Queens ?

HURRAH !!!

Not wanting to jump the gun, but I thought it would be useful to hear everybody's thoughts on the tiaras and jewels Camilla would most likely use at Queen / Princess Consort. Clearly there would be quite a lot of thought to not use items that should be put aside for William's wife to use in time as queen, and all the other considerations. Here is my initial list of jewels that I would most like to see being used by Camilla:

1) Boucheron honeycomb tiara would continue to be used
2) Grand Duchess Vladimir - especially with with the Cambridge emeralds! (do we know of any other substantial tiaras lurking around with emeralds?)
3) Oriental Circlet ruby tiara if she is known as Queen. Else, perhaps a slightly reworked version of the Queen's burmese ruby tiara.
4) Sapphire tiara - I suspect the sapphire tiara currently used by the Queen might be reworked
5) Sapphire necklace used by the Queen (with the big sapphires, and the large diamond loops, recently used in a portrait for Canada) of middle eastern provenance
6) Perhaps the Aquamarine parure might be reworked
7) Queen Mary's stomacher
8) A few of the collet necklaces!

I wanted to revisit my post from 2008 to see what tiaras Camilla, as consort to the King, might wear. Some thoughts:

2) Oriental Circlet ruby tiara
3) Greville Emerald and diamond tiara, used by Eugenie at her wedding
4) Possibly, the Turquoise and diamond tiara used by Margaret, if it has found its way back to the main line
5) A somewhat reworked sapphire and diamond tiara

This list avoids any of the tiaras closely associated with QE2.

As always, your thoughts would be welcome.

I wanted to revisit my post from 2008 to see what tiaras Camilla, as consort to the King, might wear. Some thoughts:

4) Possibly, the Turquoise and diamond tiara used by Margaret, if it has found its way back to the main line

The King George IV State Diadem is a secure bet also.

Oh I love this thread! I agree on these:

I think she'll start sensibly with the ones you list above, as seeing her in those isn't going to rattle anyone. Gradually, as people become more familiar with her as Queen, she could start adding some of the others.

I don't think she'll wear the Greville emerald that Eugenie wore. I think when she starts wearing the emerald necklaces, she'll pair them with the Boucheron or Delhi Durbar tiaras first & then when she's been queen for a while, she'll start wearing the Vladimir, adding the emerald drops.

I could see her wearing the Brazilian Aquamarine & Burmese Ruby quite early on (if she likes the ruby tiara - I don't) and then after a few years, when people have become accustomed to her role, she might add Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik.

The two tiaras I think she'll avoid are Queen Mary's Fringe & the Girls, which I hope she never wears as it's so associated with the present Queen & I'd prefer it to skip a generation & be kept for Catherine as Queen.

Oh I love this thread! I agree on these:

I think she'll start sensibly with the ones you list above, as seeing her in those isn't going to rattle anyone. Gradually, as people become more familiar with her as Queen, she could start adding some of the others.

I don't think she'll wear the Greville emerald that Eugenie wore. I think when she starts wearing the emerald necklaces, she'll pair them with the Boucheron or Delhi Durbar tiaras first & then when she's been queen for a while, she'll start wearing the Vladimir, adding the emerald drops.

I could see her wearing the Brazilian Aquamarine & Burmese Ruby quite early on (if she likes the ruby tiara - I don't) and then after a few years, when people have become accustomed to her role, she might add Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik.

The two tiaras I think she'll avoid are Queen Mary's Fringe & the Girls, which I hope she never wears as it's so associated with the present Queen & I'd prefer it to skip a generation & be kept for Catherine as Queen.

I agree with all of this, although, sadly, I suspect that the lovely turquoise parure is gone. I would be thrilled if I were wrong, and if it were the tiara that Camilla chose to pull out of the vaults and make her own.

I also agree that she will never wear the Girls, and if she wanted to do a service to tiara-hood, she could have the modern sapphire tiara re-worked into a more graceful design and get some use out of that.

Back
Top Bottom