The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Camilla was very impressive in the Delhi Durbar tiara. Don't like the Boucheron tiara on her so much.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do like the Delhi Durbar quite a bit, but I need to see Camilla wearing it again to decide if I like it on her. I think the Honeycomb is more becoming.

I can't wait to see the Duchess in the Vladimir tiara with emerald drops, and the Godman necklace and emerald earrings. I think that would look divine. HM wore that combo once during her reign I think. I will try to find a picture of it. Its a big too grand for HM's taste but it would work for Camilla. I cant really imagine the Kokoshnik or the Girls of Great Britian working on Camilla's hair. I think the Oriental circlet would work too. Besides those, I really hope she reworks the Burmese, Sapphire, and Aquamarine tiaras into something a bit more elegant.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Camilla was very impressive in the Delhi Durbar tiara. Don't like the Boucheron tiara on her so much.
I love the Boucheron, but would like to see the Delhi Durbar with all the original stones Bring on the big ones....

Maybe for the coranatiom??
Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

The Boucheron: http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/royaldinnerDM_468x429.jpg

The Delhi Durbar:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40948000/jpg/_40948392_gallery_camilla.jpg

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Administrator

An interruption to the current discussion I know, but for the record the "Camilla will/won't be Queen" posts have been removed.
Reason? This is a JEWELS thread, not a boring rehash of arguments transferred over from the British Forums.

thanks.
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator
Old 12-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think DoC would look excellent in a fringe tiara, would love to see her in it/one. Only time will tell....
Old 12-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Royal Highness

The Delhi Durbar and the Boucheron are beautiful and
Duchess wears them beautifully. Are they heavy tiaras?
To me they look heavy. Do you think they bother her
when she wears them?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

They do both appear to be reasonably "heavy" tiaras. Different people react to the weight issue differently. Weight was clearly not an issue for Queen Mary. On the other hand, HM in rumoured to favour the Girls of GB because it is relatively light. Similarly, Diana was rumoured to favour the Spencer tiara over the Lovers Knot because of the weight, ignoring any other message the choice of tiara might be sending out.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Royal Highness

I seem to recall reading that the Boucheron is actually set in platinum, so that would make it more lightweight--

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 12-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I think Camilla wouild look lovely in the Godman necklace and the Grand Duchess with the emeralds.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think Camilla wouild look lovely in the Godman necklace and the Grand Duchess with the emeralds.
My dream!!!!! I've said it many times--she would look wonderful with those cabochon emeralds in diamond circles placed upon her head, with those wonderful cabochon emerald drop earrings, the Delhi Durbar brooch, and Godman necklace. SIGH. Now, that would be wonderful.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
My dream!!!!! I've said it many times--she would look wonderful with those cabochon emeralds in diamond circles placed upon her head, with those wonderful cabochon emerald drop earrings, the Delhi Durbar brooch, and Godman necklace. SIGH. Now, that would be wonderful.
I would sell my mother and my grandmother to see that!(true statment)
Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Come time for the Coronation I would love to see Camilla in the fully restored Delhi Durbar and Cambridge parure. All of it! A La Queen Mary. Now that is certainly a crown and has never been worn as such in Britain.
http://www.internetstones.com/cambri...-necklace.html
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by noldorlord View Post
I would sell my mother and my grandmother to see that!(true statment)
I doubt that the Queen would accept that business proposal But it must be a truely stunning sight!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

A fully restored Delhi Durbar tiara would indeed be a wonderful sight to behold! But, I really do think we are going to see either QEQM's crown or the State Diadem. Either is perfectly fine with me.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Commoner

Lets say Camilla does get crowned as Queen Consort, what jewels do you think she would wear for her coronation?

Personally I think she would use QEQM Crown rather than Queen Marys, simply because its platinum and is lighter in weight.

Judging by past choices, I wouldnt be surprised if she pulled off a Queen Mary and wore row upon row of diamond collets from a choker all the way down to Queen Victorias collet necklace with the timur diamond pendant at the end. Marching that she could wear the collet earrings.

I would love if she decided to wear one of the stomachers aswell. Would be truly amazing, and of course have her ermine robes held in place by two of Queen Marys diamond bows.

Now that would look amazing!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would think Camilla will wear The Queen Mother's crown when the time comes. It was hardly worn by the late Queen Elizabeth and was designed to match the Imperial State Crown, so it seems an ideal choice.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
I would think Camilla will wear The Queen Mother's crown when the time comes. It was hardly worn by the late Queen Elizabeth and was designed to match the Imperial State Crown, so it seems an ideal choice.
I agree, the Queen Mother's crown is certainly a posssibility.

My main concern is that the crown contains the Kohinoor diamond, which the Indian people believe was taken from the court of Maharaja Ranjit Singh against his will by the East India Company. There is a real possibility the Indian Indian government may petition to have it returned. Given the large population of South Asian extraction in the UK, this is something that BP will need to be careful about.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:11 AM
Commoner

They could always remove the kohinoor from the front maltese cross and replace it withe Cullinan III, one of Grannys Chips, from the Cullinan Brooch.
HM has only worn it about five times apparently. Two of the most magnificent diamonds in the world just sitting on display in the queens gallery gathering dust when they could be used in so many pieces of jewellry!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorius View Post
They could always remove the kohinoor from the front maltese cross and replace it withe Cullinan III, one of Grannys Chips, from the Cullinan Brooch.
HM has only worn it about five times apparently. Two of the most magnificent diamonds in the world just sitting on display in the queens gallery gathering dust when they could be used in so many pieces of jewellry!
I do hope that should Camilla choose to use QEQMs crown, they do replace the Kohinoor.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, jewellery, tiaras