Tiaras and Jewels at Crown Princess Victoria's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
We do not know how the wedding will be planned
in sweden there usally are no gala at the wedding, but you never know
i do think there will be at least one gala
pre wedding gala or afternoon wedding and then is usally gala at the wedding.

There will be a lot of royalty precent and many from the swedish side
what jewllery do you think we will se beside victorias

to make it a bit easier lets say its 1 gala at the crown princess wedding

female royals that may take part of the wedding

Queen Silvia - tricky one
Princess Madeleine - The Fringe Silvia tiara
Princess Lilian (i do hope so) - the leaf tiara
Princess Birgitta - six botton tiara
Princess Desiée - her own tiara
Princess Margaretha - Amelyst tiara
Princess Christina - princess christinas spike tiara

is there any of the Haga princesses doughters that has worn tiaras beside at their weddning?

Denmark
Queen Margaretha -
Princess mary - ruby tiara, becouse its has belonged to the swedish royal family once
Princess marie - if she goes her wedding tiara (Joachim has stayad home before beouse one has to be in Denmark)
Countess Alexndra - tricky non if she goes (i do not know how close she has been to Victoria)
Princess Bendikte -
Princess Alexnadra -
Princess Nathalie -

Norway
Queen Sonja
Crown Princess Mette-marit
Princess Märtha Louise
Princess Astrid
Princess ranghild

Spain
Queen Sofia
Crown princess Letiza
Princess Christina
Princess Elena

Netherlands
Queen Beatrix
Crown Princess Maxima
Princess Lourentin
Princess Mabel - maybe

Belgium
Queen Paola
Crown Princess Mathilde
Princess Astrid
Princess Mavle - maybe

Luxembourg
Grand duchess Maria Theresa

UK
Queen Elisabeth - i do not think so but hey victoria is the only woman that will be regent later on. It would be grand to see all the regent Queen at her wedding and maybe a group photo ......... what a picture.
Duchess Camilla

Jordan
Queen Rania
Princess Ali - her husband is a godd friend of Victoria

Monaco
Princess Carlone

Greece
Queen Anna Maria
Princess Pavlos
Princess Alexia
Princess Theadora

Germen Nobiilty
there a re a few germn nobels that are close to the family help me out on some of the females members that can show up.

I noticed that crown princesses often wear their own wedding tiara when attending other weddings.
But Mary wore the ruby tiara on the wedding of Joachim and Marie, so she might wear it at Victoria's wedding as well.
Let's hope that the dress code will include gala dresses. It wasn't in Spain when Felipe and Letizia married.

My guesses (for an afternoon wedding with gala dresscode)

Denmark:
Queen Margrethe: Floral Aigrette http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drws/05090731.jpg
Princess Mary: her Wedding Tiara http://i2-images.tv2.dk/s/43/2276843-4cf8f1e7b51eaf586bb7302ac37545f2.jpeg
Princess marie - "her" Floral Tiara http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/NY/09/Marietiaraearrings.jpg
Countess Alexndra - tricky non if she goes (i do not know how close she has been to Victoria) - I think she won't be invited
Princess Benedikte: the SWB-fringe http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/zweedsejuweeltjes/tiara-deenseprbenedicte.jpg
Princess Alexandra: the pearl-star tiara of her mother http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/WKirkwood/Sayn-Wittgenstein-BerleburgStarTiar.jpg
Princess Nathalie: I think she won't attend
Carina Axelson: not sure if she could attend a high-profile-crownprincley wedding, but if she would wear no tiara

Norway
Queen Sonja: the emeralds, as always http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/images/stiara2h.jpg
Crown Princess Mette-marit: her small diamond daisy tiiara http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/images/mmtiara10j.jpg
Princess Märtha Louise: King Olafs gift tiara http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/images/mtiara8jj.jpg
Princess Astrid: won't attend
Princess Ranghild: won't attend

Spain
Queen Sofia: One of her big Pearl Tiaras http://daserste.ndr.de/royalty/spanien/sofia116_v-dasErstegross.jpg
Crownprincess Letiza: Prussian Diamond Tiara http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/troonopvolgers/images/2009/02/10/letiziaaa.gif
Princess Christina: the small floral tiara http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z156/luciaqui/?action=view&current=cristina.jpg
Princess Elena: I think she won't attend

The Netherlands
Queen Beatrix: Antique Pearl Tiara http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/Beatrix%20Diamant%20&%20Parel%20Tiara%2025.jpg
Crown Princess Maxima: the Pearl Button tiara in the setting with the stars as worn for her own wedding
Princess Laurentin: the Laurel Wreath Tiara http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/Laurentien Laurierkrans Tiara 03.jpg
Princess Mabel - she won't attend

Belgium
Queen Paola http://www.monarchie.be/images/members/paola_high.jpg
Crown Princess Mathilde http://maximamathilde.web-log.nl/maxima_mathilde/images/mathilde1uh7cb9_1.jpg
Princess Astrid
Princess Claire: not sure if she and Laurent will attend

Luxembourg
Grand duchess Maria Theresa

UK
Queen Elisabeth - i do not think so but hey victoria is the only woman that will be regent later on. It would be grand to see all the regent Queen at her wedding and maybe a group photo ......... what a picture. I think no Queen Elizabeth
Duchess Camilla: a "new" small tiara, maybe with Saphires
Countess Sophie: her aquamarine tiara
Princess Royal: the Meander Tiara

Jordan
Queen Rania
Princess Ali - her husband is a godd friend of Victoria

Monaco
Princess Carlone

Greece
Queen Anna Maria: Emerald Tiara http://thumb2.webshots.net/t/64/464/3/71/76/2663371760031751182ZdrEtI_th.jpg
Princess Pavlos: her Fringe Tiara
Princess Alexia: Diamond tiara http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v398/gigi_ho/drwblog/mjwed7.jpg
Princess Theadora: the small tiara Anne-Marie got for her 18th birthday http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/PPE08052409.jpg

I noticed that crown princesses often wear their own wedding tiara when attending other weddings.
But Mary wore the ruby tiara on the wedding of Joachim and Marie, so she might wear it at Victoria's wedding as well.

So far CP Mary only wore the Ruby Tiara in Denmark. ;)
She never wore it outside of Denmark before.
For galas abroad she always wears her wedding tiara.

Well, I hope it will be a Tiara wedding like the other Scandinavian Heirs' weddings were. Carl Gustav's and Silvia's wedding was a hat-wedding ;)

i wonder why is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Princesses Mary and Marie wearing the tiaras you mentioned and Pr.Letizia with the Prussian Diamond tiara.About the Greek ladies:does anyone know in which thread I could find those tiaras you mentioned?Because I have never seen them before.Thanks in advance!

Hi, Josefine. Just to clarify...the ruby parure now used by CP Mary did not come from Sweden. It belonged to Queen Alexandrine of Denmark and was given to her daughter-in-law, Princess Ingrid of Sweden. That is the Swedish connection. It was Ingrid who later added elements to convert the tiara from a bandeau-style to its present, full arrangement.​

BTW, many of the jewels in former houses came from the Swedish collection of jewels, as indicated below (my comments in blue):​

Denmark
Queen Margaretha - The pearl tiara (just the tiara, I think the rest of the parure already belonged to Denmark) came to Denmark with Princess Lovisa of Sweden, later Queen Lovisa of Denmark.
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg - has in the past worn the diamond star and pearl upright tiara of her mother. It originally belonged to Queen Sophie of Sweden.

Norway
Queen Sonja - the emerald parure of Norway originally belonged to Queen Sophie of Sweden, and came to Norway with Crown Princess Martha. And the elaborate diamond tiara may have belonged to Queen Desideria, has definitely been worn by Queen Josefina, and also came to Norway with Crown Princess Martha. It is only an assumption on my part, but the twin brooch of the Braganca diamond brooch of Sweden is used in Norway by Queen Sonja, and I think must have come to Norway with Martha as well.
Princess Astrid - sometimes uses the Vasa tiara which belonged to Princess Martha of Sweden, wife of King Olav.
Princess Ragnhild - sometimes uses the looping, interlocked diamond circles tiara with pearl centers that originally belonged to Princess Ingeborg of Sweden.

Greece
Queen Anna Maria - the Khedive of Egypt tiara now used for weddings of all female descendants of Queen Ingrid of Denmark actually first belonged to her mother Margaret of Connaught, Crown Princess of Sweden.

In addition, I doubt we would see it, but the Belgians have the pearl bandeau tiara given to Princess Astrid of Sweden for her wedding to the later King Leopold III (unless it has been sold or broken up)

Also, the odds are VERY unlikely, but the aquamarine tiara of the King's mother may not have been sold and could reappear, maybe on the head of his sister, Margaretha, or his niece, Sibylla, OR in a beautifully wrapped case as a gift to Victoria. I always thought this tiara would look great on her. Wishful thinking, though.

To be honest, I'm with the odds makers on the Cameo tiara. And I think if it is done correctly, could look quite nice on Victoria for the wedding. The jury seems split on her mother's wedding day. I am part of the group that considers the Dior gown, veil, and tiara a complete failure. I like the tiara but hate the veil. I get that it was the 1970s, but if a designer is hired to create a gown for the wedding of the Queen of Sweden (which Silvia became that day), then I expect it to actually have a design! Simplicity is one thing...boring is another. Besides, I think the occassion, notoriety of the wearer - Victoria, and the likely use of the Cameo tiara, would be better served with - nothing elaborate - but something more along the lines of a toned-down version of Princess Grace of Monaco's wedding dress updated for 2010. Both Princess Birgitta and Princess Desiree used the tiara to great effect with their wedding gowns from the early 1960s. They were similar in silhouette to Grace but simpler in fabric. I think that is where Victoria (and her designer) should look for inspiration. Just my two...er, twenty-five cents worth. :)

Rascal

Hi, Josefine. Just to clarify...the ruby parure now used by CP Mary did not come from Sweden. It belonged to Queen Alexandrine of Denmark and was given to her daughter-in-law, Princess Ingrid of Sweden. That is the Swedish connection. It was Ingrid who later added elements to convert the tiara from a bandeau-style to its present, full arrangement.​

BTW, many of the jewels in former houses came from the Swedish collection of jewels, as indicated below (my comments in blue):

But orignally it was made for Désirée Clary the wife of the first BErnadotte King Carl XIV. Johan. She left it to her daughter-in-law Queen Josefina who gave it to her granddaughter Lovisa as a Wedding gift when she married the Crown Prince of Denmark in 1869.

Stefan is correct: The ruby parure was first owned by Désirée Bernadotte (born Clary) before she became Queen of Sweden; it was left to Queen Josefina (born de Beauharnais - Leuchtenberg), who gave it as a wedding gift to her granddaughter, and that's when it first came to the Danish royal family.

My bad! Thanks Stefan and Boris for the correction, and I hope you forgive me for taking so long to respond. On this issue, I was never clear on the ruby piece belonging to Desiree Bernadotte. Could you please provide a link or referral to the source so that I can research this further? I don't know how I missed this as the Swedes are my favorite royal family.

When you consider that the most prominent pieces of the Scandinavian royals originated with the Swedes, it is really amazing. I know that the British collection will forever be larger than the others, but if all of these pieces had remained in Sweden, their vault would need to be much larger!

Rascal

do you think princess birgittas dougther will wear a tiara at the wedding?

do you think princess birgittas dougther will wear a tiara at the wedding?
If it's an afternoon Wedding i think she might wear the diamond and pearl tiara of her mother which seems to be in her posession now as she wore it for the 60th birthday pf King Carl XVI. Gustaf and also to another Event not to long ago.

Tiaras and jewels at Crown Princess Victoria's wedding

what did you think of the choice of tiaras at the swedish royal wedding by the royal guests?

I liked that Princess Martha Louise wore the amethyst parure. It looks better on her than on the Crown Princess, imo.

Was nice to see the Crown Princess of Norway wear a tiara that isn't her wedding tiara. She looked lovely in pearls.

The Queen of Sweden looks brilliant in the Braganza tiara. Great choice, but was expected.

It was no surprise that the Crown Princess of Denmark wore the ruby parure tiara. I didn't parituclarly like the champagne coloured pearls on the earrings though. Not at all.

At first I thought the Connaught tiara looked nice on Princess Madeleine, but I have since changed my mind. perhaps the brown coloured velvet on the base didn't help.

The Duchess of Brabant wore the only tiara she ever wears so nothing much to say about that.

Princess Birgitta looked absolutely horrible. She did no justice to the Nine Prong Diamond tiara.

Queen Rania's tiara shouldn't even be considered a tiara. What a pointless piece of jewellery. Break it up and make a bracelet!

The Princess of Asturias looked lovely in the floral tiara.

Princess Maxima has some magnificant rocks to choose from and I think she chose well.

I'm just glad that the Queen of Denmark didn't wear the Baden Palmette!

Hereditary Princess Sophie of Leichtenstein was by far, the most impressive with that wonderful fringe tiara.

Nice to have seen Queen Anna Maria wear her rubies again.

I loathe the tiara of Princess Alexia. It's incredibly boring and I don't like it's design.

Yes, seeing the Liechtenstein tiara again was such a great surprise, the tiara is stunning!
The most impressive one however is probably the one worn by GD Maria Teresa. It's impressive but still beautiful, I don't think it's too much.
Almost as impressive is the Braganca tiara worn by queen Silvia! It was the good occasion to wear it.
I think that for the occasion Maxima could have worn something more, but I'm also impressed by how big those diamonds are!
The jewels of the queen of Greece are so wonderful!
Finally all the belgians had a tiara, would like to know more about those.. I think Astrid is wearing the only tiara she wear, the one who belongs to her mother in law.

I also liked most of the tiaras chosen and also that many of the royal Ladies wore different tiaras then they usual do. I only think Infanta Cristina should not have worn a bigger tiara then her mother.

I think the same about infanta Cristina.

I also think the same, but then I suppose that the queen thought it was appropiate.

I loved the tiara the Sophie of Liechenstein wore, she looked beautiful. I also like the tiara of Maria Teresa but it's too big for her.

For those of us with truely awful memories could someone get a picture and number off the ladies and the jewels so we can put the both together and either a. Drool, or b. Shudder! :whistling:

It's so much easier than trying to discuss . . . you know, the one in the cream/beige/champagne gown sitting in the second row with that thingie tiara? :lol:

Last edited:
Princess Claire had a tiara I had never seen before. Does anyone know that tiara?

Ye
I think that for the occasion Maxima could have worn something more, but I'm also impressed by how big those diamonds are!

This tiara probably is more valuable than most of the other tiaras since the diamonds are humongous.

This tiara probably is more valuable than most of the other tiaras since the diamonds are humongous.

Oh I agree..A very minimalistic tiara but those diamonds on her head and around her neck could pay off the deficit of a mid size country...

Here are my impressions:

Sweden:
Vic-I knew and always said Vic could pull off the cameo tiara beautifully and she did not disappoint. Very regal, beautiful, and totally herself.
Silvia-Other ladies (Maria Teresa) need to look to this woman on how to wear substantial pieces. This is the one tiara that I believe one day Vic will have a hard time pulling off, but her mother wears it beautifully.
Madde-nice change from her mother's fringe. It looks nice on her but I hope this tiara stays in the Bernadotte foundation and is not a gift to her. I do hope, however, that we continue to see her in it and other occasionally.
Margaretha-unfortunately not aging well, but nice surpise for the aquamarine kokoshnik to appear. It would have been better if Margaretha colored her hair (even going all-white would be better than her hair now...which looks like powder on top of dishwater).
Birgitta-crypt keeper...nuff said
Desiree-2nd or 3rd time in the amethysts but I think the Leuchtenberg sapphires would have looked better with the dress.
Christina-the more I see her in the 6-button, the more I think she pulls it off in her own way as well as Lilian did in hers. Beautiful, vibrant smile.
Desiree von Hohenzollern-in the pearl tiara that previously belonged to her mother, this is the best she has looked in it (including her own wedding).
Marianne Bernadotte-in her pearl tiara. Really aged a lot in the last few months and in the pink gown/cape just looks washed out.
Gunilla-in her usual tiara. Always looks nice and appropriate, but really exceptional here with the blue coat over the gown. Perfect.
Bettina Bernadotte-another surprise, wearing the tiara previously worn by her older half-sister Cecilia in a picture from the 1960s. Tiara is better executed than the "cuff-link" tiara worn by the Mainau ladies.
Sandra-It appears she wore the small bracelet-tiara worn at her wedding reception. With Bettina in the new-old tiara, I wonder why she chose not to wear the cufflink piece.
Madeleine Kogevinas-looked like the royals of the late 1950s-early1960s. Nice hair and tiara, although I can't really see if it is the same one worn to Martha-Louise's wedding.
Jill Bernadotte-her usual tiara. She may have recycled her gown from CG's 60th bday as well. Overall nice presentation...flirty little walk LOL.

Most of the other ladies I posted in individual threads pertaining to their style or jewelry. A few that I also wanted to touch on here:

Norway:
Mette-Marit-Although it blended into her hair color and style a little too much, it was nice to see MM in the smaller version of Queen Maud's pearl tiara. She wore it well and it was a nice surprise.
Martha-Louise-WOW! I never would have thought the amethyst necklace-tiara would look good on her...but she looked great. Also nice to see her something other than her 18th bday tiara.

Great Britain:
Sophie-I actually don't think the tiara is awful, just not as good as her aquamarine one and certainly not as elegant as some of the others seen at the wedding. Today, however, I think the tiara is almost secondary. This is the best hairstyle I have seen on her, youthful, flattering, appropriate and her overall presentation was very impressive. May not be in my top five...but close.

Germany-Bavaria:
Anna-is she wearing the tiara of her mother-in-law Ursula? At one point in the cake-cutting portion of the broadcast she was close enough to the camera and turned and the upper portion looks like the sunburst portion of Ursula's tiara.

Victoria's friends:
Andrea Brodin Engsall-only one of the friends I saw wearing a tiara. She was shown quite often on camera. Any info on it?

Oh, I didn't see Desiree Hohenzollern, where can I see her?

Hi, amedea. If you go to the IBL site and type in "Victoria-Daniel wedding" and click on the "Redacktionella arkivet" button, lots of pictures will come up from the wedding and other events. There are pictures of Desiree, her brothers, the Magnuson cousins and some of the Mainau relatives.

IBL Bildbyrå

Sophie, Countess of Wessex looked lovely, but I was disappointed with the tiara, I know she wore it for her own wedding, it looks like its made of bits and pieces stuck together, she deserves something much nicer

Sophie, Countess of Wessex looked lovely, but I was disappointed with the tiara, I know she wore it for her own wedding, it looks like its made of bits and pieces stuck together, she deserves something much nicer

She's the wife of the youngest son of the monarch. That's as nice as she's getting.

Actually, ada, this tiara IS made of extra pieces that were originally additional accessories for one of monarch's crowns made for Queen Victoria of Great Britain. While I agree that the execution is a bit lacking in design, this is actually one of the most significant tiaras as far as history is concerned....she still should have worn the aquamarine one, though...LOL

My favourites were the tiaras of GD Maria Teresa and Queen Silvia!

They both looked so impressiv and majestic!

Back
Top Bottom