Tiaras and Jewels at Crown Princess Victoria's Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok - here is my vote:

The bride: I was never in favour of the Cameo tiara - but she managed to look absolutely stunning - the dress, the veil and the tiara were perfect.

HM Queen Silvia - yes, the Braganza and pinkt topas parure - great choice we hoped for. Together with the pink dress - she was every inch the glowing mother of the bride. :)

Princess Madeleine - although I hoped to see the Connaught originally on Victoria, I have to confess that Madeleine looked picture perfect. The Connaught is definitely a tiara for her. Together with the collier (don't know the name) and the blue dress - perfect combination.

Crownprincesses:
Mette-Marit: recently she has managed amazing outfits - the light blue dress with the pearl tiara (I understand it is a version of the Queen Maud tiara) togher with the corsage brooch - Wow.

Mary: I have to confess I was disappointed when I saw her. The ruby parure is a difficult one in my eyes but she managed to wear it perfectly in the past - the colour of her dress however this time did not match the parure - and left her somehow pale ...
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Mathilde: her one and only wedding tiara - but I liked the dress and the whole outfit. Decent but stylish.

Maxima: I did not like her dress - neither the colour nor the cut - but the tiara is a real important piece. Personally i think the peacock would have made a more beautiful appearance - together with a different dress colour.

Letizia: I am sorry but I did not like her outfit. Recently she looks frail again. The hair style and flower tiara looked to big for her - the colour of her dress nearly made her invisible.

Infanta Christina of Spain: I was more than astonished to see her wearing the great Cartier pearl diademe of Queen Enia whereas her mother, Queen Sofia was only wearing the Shell tiara.
But this tiara is really a beautiful one.

Infanta Elena : her Ex-husbands family tiara? Could someone maybe explain if this is a family heirloom or maybe some gift to the bride from the Marichalar family.....Interesting dress. Very spanish.

More to come soon.:whistling:

Infanta Elena : her Ex-husbands family tiara? Could someone maybe explain if this is a family heirloom or maybe some gift to the bride from the Marichalar family.....Interesting dress. Very spanish.
I read somewhere in her jewel thread that it was made for her, for the wedding not a family heirloom, but it's not official no one really knows the truth but her I guess lol.

MT de Luxembourg's tiara looked like a bit of a joke. I've always thought it was too big for her, and this hairstyle made it look more outrageous than ever. She has lovely hair, and I still think that the right coiffeur might help carry off that giant tiara. As is, she looked like the tiara was crushing her.

I can't find (or maybe just can't identify) many of the more minor royals and aristocrats mentioned in some of the previous posts. Can anyone post links to the pictures of the specific individuals/tiaras being mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Rania's tiara shouldn't even be considered a tiara. What a pointless piece of jewellery. Break it up and make a bracelet!

It is a bracelet, by Boucheron. I was puzzled too why she didn't wear one of her substantial tiaras but I guess she wasn't going for the bejeweled look at the wedding. You can find more info. in her jewellery thread.

MT de Luxembourg's tiara looked like a bit of a joke. I've always thought it was too big for her, and this hairstyle made it look more outrageous than ever. She has lovely hair, and I still think that the right coiffeur might help carry off that giant tiara. As is, she looked like the tiara was crushing her.

It's really quite an impressive piece, but I agree that it can look odd on her because she is not very tall. But, with the right hairstyle she has pulled if off before. That pony tail at Victoria's wedding was just awful and did not do the tiara any justice.

Here she is wearing it with a much better hairstyle. Unfortunately, I 'm not certain of the event.
http://i48.tinypic.com/358q7wm.jpg

The piece is very grand because it's Romanov. It was brought by Grand Duchess Elizabeth Mikhailovna (a granddaughter of Paul I) when she married Adolphe, Duke of Nassau and future Grand Duke of Luxembourg. Sadly, she died in childbirth shortly after the marriage, but tiara remained in the family. Her cousin, Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaevna shared a similar fate. Alexandra was given diamond sheaves of wheat upon her marriage into the House of Hesse-Kassel. Before she even made the journey to Hesse, she died in childbirth, but the diamond sheaves did and remained with the House of Hesse.

I know I'm a minority here, but I happened to like Queen Rania's tiara and jewels. Tasteful, low key and elegant. Jordan is a poor country, let's remember that. :kiss:

I know I'm a minority here, but I happened to like Queen Rania's tiara and jewels. Tasteful, low key and elegant. Jordan is a poor country, let's remember that. :kiss:

I liked it as well. A lot of people went on and on about how tiny and unimpressive it was, but I really don't think that there was anything wrong with it. My only complaint was that Queen Rania's hair didn't do her tiara any justice.

When you wear a smaller tiara, your hair should be impeccable. The hanging locks of hair made her hairstyle look messy and the tiara unimpressive. Had she not let those locks fall and simply put everything up it would have made a huge difference. The rest of her hair was very nice and it would have shown the tiara off much better if all of hair were pulled up.

I thought that the tiara was different and that it was pretty. I guess that we are in the minority together.

I also wish Sophie had wore her Aquamarine tiara. I actually don't mind her Wedding Tiara, but the Aquamarine one suits her and also frames her face better.

Clicking on one of the links on the first page brought up this classic boo boo over at Getty Images when it comes to captions...

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN - JUNE 19: Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium and Crown Princess Letizia of Spain appear on the Lejonbacken Terrace after their wedding ceremony on June 19, 2010 in Stockholm, Sweden. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Really!?! I guess it far more of a historic Wedding than any of us ever knew...ROTFLOL!!! ;o) :eek:D

I liked it as well...
Actually y'all have a third member of the club. Because Rania is so thin with such angular features, I didn't find the tiara to be a problem. I rather agree with you that the hairstyle, while "fashion-forward", wasn't appropriate for wearing a tiara of any size (see the early days of Princess Gloria of Thurn und Taxis).

In addition, the entire effect of Queen Rania's presentation would have been more appreciated and less criticized IMHO if she had demonstrated any sort of enthusiasm/sincerity in her demeanor. Most of the time she appeared with more of a smirk/half-smile on her face (listen up, Letizia!) and in the official group shot she is actually smiling a broad, normal (albeit posed) smile. All of the plastic surgery Rania's has had obviously hasn't prevented her from smiling, that is what made her so disappointing.

She is a beautiful woman, but if she continues with the surgeries, she is approaching the Marina Doria, Camilla Crociani, Begum Inaara zone and will look freakish.

Oh I agree..A very minimalistic tiara but those diamonds on her head and around her neck could pay off the deficit of a mid size country...

Fair point!

I love the tiara's that,Silvia,Madeline and Mary wore.

I thought Mette Marit's tiara was very boring.

My favorites are the tiaras that Victoria, Madeleine, Sonja, Mary and Silvia wore. Silvia's tiara was amazing!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom