Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I always like it when an additional brooch is thrown in. That looked very good on Victoria.

Since the Queens hair has become shorter over the years, I think that she won't wear that many additional brooches and hair pins any more. But her tiara hair is still good. Their hairdresser could give seminars on how to place tiaras best.

Victoria's hairdo was fabulous on the Nobel ceremony, and the brooch was placed very well in it. Victoria's hairdos with the tiara are always very good. Queen Silvia has always known how to wear a tiara, as she has got older, her hair is now shorter and the hairdos more simple.

I think Victoria's hair at the Nobel Day was better then at the day after Dinner. Sometimes her hair is pulled back so sever and i think it fits her better when it is a bit softer. But all the Royal ladies had great tiara hair on both days.

The Swedish hairdresser should give a master class in styling for tiara hair. This person is the unsung hero behind the phenomenal look and success of the royal ladies' hairdos. Some of the creations are just works of arts, and also utilizing jewels in such novel ways.

The Swedish hairdresser should give a master class in styling for tiara hair. This person is the unsung hero behind the phenomenal look and success of the royal ladies' hairdos. Some of the creations are just works of arts, and also utilizing jewels in such novel ways.
I agree 100% and I think he uses a lot of hair pieces too , but they are done so perfect we can not see it! how long to do a up do like this? the royal ladies have a lot of patience!

I assume it takes a few hours especially when you're incorporating hair pieces and doing makeup as well. I suppose the royal ladies have to dress in their comfy clothes like this:

Heavy Is The Crown

Last edited:
The Swedes sure know how to do tiara hair right..wish other royals would take note..

Last edited:
Queen Silvia's tiara hair at the 1988 Nobel Prizes was horrendous in my opinion:

Pic

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:previous: It was the 80's! Everything was big, big hair, big shoulder pads, big jewellery. Just BIG. :D I should know, I'm a survivor . . . ;)

Queen Silvia's hair at the 2005 Nobel Prizes was exquisite!

1 2 3 4

The Swedish Royals know how to do big tiara hair:D. Some of the hairstyles are very beautiful, but some are a bit too much imo. But that might also be a question of fashion. In the 80s and 90s one would get away with much bigger hairstyles than today.

Madeleine's hair at her brothers wedding was so beautiful:

1 2 3

Madeleine's hair at her brothers wedding was so beautiful:

1 2 3
She's one of the few that can pull off having her hair out with a tiara. But as her hairstylist said, she knows how to move and not move so the hair doesn't move around :)

I am one of those who think that loose hair suits Madeleine better than upodos. Just and example: I didn't like the sleak back hair at her wedding! I know she really hadn't much options but to me loose hair lights her up!

Oh, her wedding hair probably was my all-time favourite tiara hair of hers. And I don't think that it was so very sleek, there was some volume in it. Victoria's was much sleeker and rather severe, imo.

Princess Victoria's hair at her brother's wedding was awful! It was too tight and sleek for that type of tiara. I found it very disappointing.

:previous: I loathed the tiara and wished she had worn the Baden Fringe.

Somehow the Connaught just doesn't to it for Victoria. It's a little too fussy.

:previous: I agree . Beautiful tiara but no for Victoria.

Imo there are very few tiaras that look really good with Victioria's pulled back hair. Mainly the Baden fringe and the large cut steel tiaras, because they don't have a visible base.

I especially liked it from the front. The way the hair softly falls to the side has nothing severe and stiff in it (in contrast to Victoria's hair). Yet the the hair is nicely and elegantly gathered. It is a very flattering hairdo that suits her immensely, imo.

(pictures cropped to less than 20%)

Look at the size of each of these diamonds on those "strings" in the collier and the diadem. Beyond belief. Each one of them is a big diamond engagement ring... Imagine to see this picture with the Queen on real 100% scale, awesome.

Queen Máxima was one of the best bejewelled in the carat power department, overseeing the whole set. Even the diamonds around the rubies (the floral motifs) are real separate stones and not those lilliput zirconia-like set en pavé to fill a monture.

Last edited:
I especially liked it from the front. The way the hair softly falls to the side has nothing severe and stiff in it (in contrast to Victoria's hair). Yet the the hair is nicely and elegantly gathered. It is a very flattering hairdo that suits her immensely, imo.

(pictures cropped to less than 20%)

That is a really great hairstyle with that fringe to the side. As for Victoria i wish she would sometimes also make softer updoos when wearing tiaras and not pull back her hai always so sever.

Yes, yes, yes... softer updoes for Victoria, that is exactly what I would like to see. :clap:

Back
Top Bottom