Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love everything about Victoria's hair except that braid below the tiara. I'm sure it's there to affix the tiara to, but it just seems a little... I don't know but I don't like it. From the back though- wow!

And Madeleine's hair makes the Amethyst tiara not look too large and round for her head (compared to pictures of Victoria wearing it with slicked-back hair)

Victoria braid loks to artificial1 i don't like it1 the rest of the ladies, beautiful!

Victoria's hair was ok, imo, but not perfect. The middle parting with the flat hair looks very severe and rigid, while the back looked overly complicated with too many braids. I think that the braid around the tiara base was good, because it covered the ungainly base. And that lovely emerald brooch in her bum made me drool! Please, Victoria, repeat that emerald look!!!

Madeleine's hair was just flattering and gorgeous with the normally too wide amethyst tiara. I hate it when this too wide circle looks like being popped on top. Usually I dislike open tiara-hair, but the way her hair flowed throught the amethyst circlet really appealed to me.

About the King's dinner: Victoria's middle parting worked much better with the small cut steel tiara and the half-updo. She looked fresh and vivid, while Maddeleine looked matronly, as if she were suddenly 10 years older than Victoria.

Thank you for posting them!
wow, how heavy are this hear up do's and i gues a lot of fake hair too! too much some of them, with pearls and flowers, too much........

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting them!
wow, how heavy are this hear up do's and i gues a lot of fake hair too! too much some of them, with pearls and flowers, too much........

Well, a lot of them are from the 1980s and 1990s, which were known for big hair.

I just love when Silvia coils strands of jewels in her hair and utilizes brooches as hair ornaments; it makes the back as interesting as the front. Her hair is sculptured so beautifully; the royal hairdressers are certainly masters of their art. I adore the excess of jewels used to complement such beautiful tiara hair.

Last edited:
Beautiful styles, but I love her hair in picture 5 with her hair in a side-sweep updo wearing what looks to be the Modern Fringe tiara.

Last edited:
Queen Penelope said:
Totally agree, she's lovely...so jealous of her beautiful hair!!! (and the tiaras are not half bad either!!) LOL

I'm so glad she's gone back to a more natural color. I think when her hair is too blonde it does not flatter her complexion. She looks lovely to me with darker hair.

I'm so glad she's gone back to a more natural color. I think when her hair is too blonde it does not flatter her complexion. She looks lovely to me with darker hair.

Agree, the darker hair suits her so much more!

Last edited:
The picture of Mette-Marit is awful. She is much prettier and has developed an elegant style.

Here is Queen Silvia's hairstyle at the 2001 Nobels. Very beautiful! Also, I know it was the 80's but her hair at the 1986 Nobels was awful!

1 2

Here is Queen Silvia's hairstyle at the 2001 Nobels. Very beautiful! Also, I know it was the 80's but her hair at the 1986 Nobels was awful!

1 2
The back view of the 1986 Nobel hairdo of Queen Silvia is fantastic, IMO - the amethyst parure has rarely been worn to such great effect, and adding the smaller of the two brooches in the back even allowed her to wear the complete set (btw. for the only time at the Nobel Prize so far).
Certainly a very elaborate hairstyle, but if a Queen can't wear this, who can?
Pic:
http://s7.postimage.org/sfcyjouej/Screenshot_3.jpg

The rear view is just as magnificent as the front view. Silivia uses her jewels in such innovative ways.

Here are the tiaras and hairstyles at the wedding of Frederik and Mary. I got these photos from the Order of Splendor blog.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

My favorite here is Mette-Marit's hairstyle, it's one of my favorites from her. Here is another shot.

Other favorites of mine are, Maxima, Madeleine, Victoria, Silvia, Cristina, Claire, Caroline, Margrethe and Mathilde. My worst are, Laurentien, Martha-Louise, the Duchess of Castro, Maria Teresa, Archduchess Francesca, and the Princess of Naples.

Last edited:
I love M-M's style! It went so well with her dress to create a retro look.

I actually don't like any of these, if I was forced to choose one it would be Victoria.
Speaking of too blonde hair, is Mette Marit's hair natural? It doesn't appear to flatter her complexion.

Last edited:
How are Tiaras Worn?

I tried to find a thread that would assist me with this, and I have a hard time finding things on the Internet.

Someone must know or have picture examples of ways that these women hold these magnificent jewels in their hair and on their heads! Simply placing it on your head and going about your business doesn't convince me.

Pins? Bands? Glue?

I have been trying to ask this for awhile and am prepared for the laughs if they come -but surely someone can fill me in here!

From what I understand, the hair is sectioned off into a small portion and then braided across the head and the tiaras are then literally sewn to the braid. Removal of tiaras must be an absolute dream. ;) lol!

I remember wondering the same thing around the time of Will & Kate's wedding, and then reading an article about it not long after. Seems lots of people had the same question! :)

EDIT: this blog post explains tiara attachment impeccably!
http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/2011/10/royal-splendor-101-tiaras-and-hair.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom