Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks like the Starwars hairdo. haha but I have to hand to the queen and the interesting hairstyles she uses with her tiaras.

cool gallery!Queen's loike Sofia, Elizabeth or Beatrix have very iconic hairstyles that are never changing. :D

Isn't picture 33 (Camilla) and 81 and 84 of Mette Marit a photoshop? :eek: And also 86 and 87 of Märtha and 96 of Mary. :eek::D:D:D

Yes, those photos really look like they had a little of photoshop work :D

I think Queen Beatrix's hair is really the best example of an unchanging hairdo :D

Well, they are difinitely photoshops.

I know it, because they were made by me (posted in the photoshop thread; exept the Camilla one) :eek::lol::D:ROFLMAO:!!!!
These guys stole my work. :whistling:;):D

:lol: At least the portuguese press visits TRF :lol:

But they should know what they use in a photo gallery :whistling:

hahaha, very funny, unproffesional, but very funny. though all the other pics are great, nice little collection!

How odd to have photoshopped pictures in a magazine gallery.
I suppose lucky Her_Majesty. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I know it, because they were made by me (posted in the photoshop thread; exept the Camilla one) :eek::lol::D:ROFLMAO:!!!!
I noticed that, especially when I saw the Camilla ones. I've never seen her in the Hanoverian fringe tiara. And Camilla wearing the Cambridge lover's knot tiara probably gave Diana fans a heart attack.

Photo 88 is labeled "Masako" even though the woman is clearly Princess Kiko of Japan.

Big, Big faux pas!!!! :eek: Shame on the magazine and it's editors. You should sue!:bang:

Mary looked stunning both days.
Marie hairdo outshone her dress both times to be honest.
Margrethe looks her usual regal self.
Victoria's hair is very modern. :)

Princess Mary always has it togther I love both hair and tiarras marie I like her hair down when she was wearing white

Mette-Marit's hair was the most beautiful one, IMO. This is not the first time her hair is great! Her hair always looks great in galas.:flowers:

I love MM´s hairstyle and how she used the diamond tiara yesterday.

I agree - I was astonished to see her with this hairdo but it really looked fresh and soft. I also liked the daisy tiara with it - it fits the softer appearance.

Princess Marie's hairstyles over the past few days look amazing on her. Her, as well as Crown Princess Mary's, hair type are very similar to mine, and they are helping me in deciding the hairstyle I need for my upcoming wedding. My tiara is my current profile pic, and I am researching their current hairstyles with their tiaras.

Does anyone know of any European princesses who have/had a similar tiara with medium to long hair?

I loved MM's hairstyle on the third night with the daisy tiara. Reminded me of Grace Kelly and showed off MMs gorgeous face!

Maxima's hair looks interesting.

lovely phtos, thank you so much!!!!

Are there any examples of European princesses having their hair with a half-updo and tiara? I've seen a few of late on Crown Princess Mary, Princess Marie and Crown Princess MM, but they mostly have then in a full updo.

For me, when CPss Mary wears her wedding tiara (which I personally love), I much prefer her hair to be lower than the top of the tiara, so it sticks out more. For example, this picture of her at the 1st of the gala functions for Queen Margrethe's birthday shows how I think the tiara should look when she wears it:

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/1706/marys20fire20looks201.jpg

In the following picture, the tiara gets lost in her hair and doesn't really shine as much.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/09X0613cCI2Nn/610x.jpg

thank you for the photos lovely, i notice the sashes are diferents anyone knows what it is the difference, hups , may be this is not the right forum to ask, but i saw the photos and i wonder.......

thank you for the photos lovely, i notice the sashes are diferents anyone knows what it is the difference, hups , may be this is not the right forum to ask, but i saw the photos and i wonder.......

In the first picture, Mary is wearing the Order of the Elephant, which is of course the highest Danish order. In the second photo, she's wearing the Order of Beneficence, which is a Greek order, and it's only for women; hence why only Mary is wearing it.

You can read more about it here --> Order of Beneficence (Greece) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Having looked carefully at both photos the only real difference I can see is that Mary's hair colour is darker in the second photo and thus highlights the tiara moreso than the other.

I also think that the dramatic red of her dress highlights the jewels whereas the severe hairstye with the pale blue feminine softness of the dress seemed to have somehow subdued both her necklace and tiara. Perhaps the difference really lies in the hairstlye, elegant in dramatic red but a softer style in blue would have complimented her jewelry.

Back
Top Bottom