The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2005, 03:50 AM
Gentry

A further take on the topic of tiaras and hair

-Tiaras should be set in the middle of the head and should be slanted at a fourty-five degree angle (little specific here hey?)

-Tiaras should be backed by an updo so the hair acts as a backdrop to the tiara and allows the headpiece to become part of the hairstyle rather than a seperate piece

Courtesy of
http://www.halfpricetiaras.com/dosanddonts.html

As a side note if anybody knows how to make the links look neat rather than showing the whole URL feel free to clue me in :)

Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Majesty

mary had a very oldfashined hairdo with her tiara this sunday i have read that some people think it was to much and to high and to much extentions

Old 01-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Majesty

www.jp.dk

here is alexandra with african inspired braids
Old 01-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think if your going to wear your hair down tiaras look best at the back of the head on an angle. I love that style. The way Rania wears it sometimes and the way Camilla wore it at the diplomatic dinner.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Courtier

personally....i love the way Princess Alexandra of Denmark, CP Letizia, CP Mathilde, CP Mette-Marit, and Diana, the Princess of Wales wear a tiara....

abt the tiara Mary wore earlier at the new year's reception....i think that it's the color of her dress that doesn't match the color of her tiara.....her dress is tooo dark...her tiara didn't STAND OUT as much......i dun like Mary wearing that ruby tiara (seems to be tooo big for her head or sth), but i like the one she wore at her wedding!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:44 AM
Serene Highness

Empress Farah Pahlavi, 1962
http://www.fotobank.com/photo/imagee...l?id=P002-8692
Empress Farah Pahlavi, 1970
http://www.fotobank.com/photo/imagee...l?id=P002-8694
Old 01-18-2006, 06:41 PM
Aristocracy

she is so elegant. i think that is what a royal should look like. she defines royal in those pictures. thank you for sharing them
Old 01-18-2006, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Cristina's tiaras through the years:

Sources: 1. Hola; 2. Seeger-Press; 3. Corbis

I think her style has improved a lot through the years, but I still would like to see her wearing a different tiara than the floral one which is obviously her favourite since her wedding day; I think that she wears tiaras nicely because she has long beautiful hair and she knows how to style it to get great results with that
Old 01-18-2006, 09:59 PM
Courtier

Princess Victoria
goff inf
Old 01-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Heir Apparent

well, Victoria looks very nice, but I believe that tiara would look much better in an older woman; she's too young to wear something that big (unless she became Queen, then the tiara would be ok) but it's cool anyway
Old 01-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
well, Victoria looks very nice, but I believe that tiara would look much better in an older woman; she's too young to wear something that big (unless she became Queen, then the tiara would be ok) but it's cool anyway
Personally I dont like that tiara..she has others more beautiful, but you are right, its cool :o
Old 01-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adry
Personally I dont like that tiara..she has others more beautiful, but you are right, its cool :o
yeah, it's one of those tiaras you picture in Lilian's head and not in Victoria
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Polfoto
Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Courtier

UK PRESS
Old 01-24-2006, 02:56 AM
Royal Highness

I think Madeleine still has a shot with the Six Button Tiara. She's only worn it twice (with the base showing too much) and she might experiment with different hairstyles that might make the tiara flattering. IMO, Victoria has exhausted her use of the Four Button Tiara for awhile and shouldn't be allowed to wear it for six months. Also, the Four Button Tiara doesn't really match Victoria's head shape and the Amethyst Tiara doesn't also. I think the Button Tiaras are beautiful, so much history behind them...but the Swedish ladies (esp. Victoria) need to know when to stop wearing them/learn how to wear them (pick the right hairstyle and dress) and start picking up the beautiful ones (like the Baden Fringe Tiara - I think Victoria looks absolutely beautiful in this one).
Old 01-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Serene Highness

do they have a maid do their hair styles or do they have an inhouse hairdresser?
Old 01-25-2006, 12:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
do they have a maid do their hair styles or do they have an inhouse hairdresser?
I've always wondered - when we see pictures of royal gala events - do the royal women travel with their hairdresser, esp when they visit another country for a gala event, eg, the wedding of Fred and Mary?
Old 01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I believe that the Swedish Royal Ladies certainly travel with their hairdresser on important visits. Their distinct style & elaborate hairdos when wearing tiaras are very much present on visits abroad. They couldn't possibly do it themselves, and to find a 'local' hairdresser would really be more trouble, I figure. Usually, a hairdresser wouldn't be too familiar with placing a tiara right anyway!
I should think that the same goes for other female Royals. I have a hard time imagining that anyone could do Queen Bea's much-criticized 'helmet hairdo' the way her personal stylist does, whoever he or she might be.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
I believe that the Swedish Royal Ladies certainly travel with their hairdresser on important visits. Their distinct style & elaborate hairdos when wearing tiaras are very much present on visits abroad. They couldn't possibly do it themselves, and to find a 'local' hairdresser would really be more trouble, I figure. Usually, a hairdresser wouldn't be too familiar with placing a tiara right anyway!
Indeed they do. The two main Court hairdressers (a honorary title they get for the work they do for the royal ladies), who are both professional hair stylists, plan and do the big hairdoes for all of the big events. In an article I read once, they said that it can take weeks or months to plan a special hairdo for an important event like Nobel, were the hairdo has to match the jewellry, dress style, dress colour etc etc. And then doing the actual hair takes hours as well. Imagine all that, plus the time the royal ladies have to spend on getting their make up done etc. It certainly takes good patience!
Old 01-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Gentry

Source:Gettyimages.
Princess Victoria.

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras