Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HRH Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom of Pahang, Malaysia

attachment.php

-this photo is taken from Humera - thank you

Overall, I think no one can beat Queen Slivia when it comes to wearing a tiara...she does it flawless and in the most stunning way.

She's able to look regal and beautiful and at the same time, allow the tiara to stand out / she's able to bring out the beauty of the tiara..

Avalon said:
I must admit I do really like the way the Duchess of Cornwall wore both the Delhi Durbar and the The Boucheron Diamond Honeycomb Tiara. Imo, her hair suited perfectly with them. Only Queen Mary could have worn them better, imo.
I also love Queen Silvia and Queen Sofia wearing tiaras. They look very regal.

First of all, I would like to point out that I agree that Camilla looks good in the Delhi Durbar tiara. But I have a question about why. Do you think it is because the largeness of the tiara? I think it is possible that the tiara would not look right on someone with a smaller head. Camilla's 'head type' and her hair are perfectly suited for it. She probably wouldn't look quite right wearing a very tiny tiara like the one Queen Beatrix always wears, I don't know the name of it. Camilla needs something a bit more commanding, I guess!

See I disagree about camilla and the Dehli Durbar. It certainly is a lovely tiara, but with camilla's huge hair there is just too much going on up top if you ask me.

I think if Camilla wears a tiara with the hairstyle she had at her daughters wedding then that would look lovely.

galuhcandrakirana said:
I don't like the way Victoria wears this tiara "http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?image=victoria1lj.jpg" (posted by Denissm http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f12/caption-9143-13.html) all the base of the tiara is very visible.

The amethyst tiara doesn't look the best on Victoria. IMO it makes her face look very round when it's really not. Her worst tiara has to be her 18th birthday tiara. It's so small with the jewels barely visible and the base is kind of bigger than the actual tiara, that no matter what beautiful hairstyle she has, it will always look bad.

I thought Madeleine's hair at her father's birthday gala was pretty. The loose tendrils around her face made it a very soft look. Plus, the fringe tiara is always gorgeous.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241593&d=1146473777
(source: P.P.E., originally posted by Maxie)

Last edited:
soCal girl said:
Her worst tiara has to be her 18th birthday tiara. It's so small with the jewels barely visible and the base is kind of bigger than the actual tiara, that no matter what beautiful hairstyle she has, it will always look bad.
Yes this tiara has ruined her pretty face and and her hairdo http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86214&d=1107001060 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94077&d=1108464781 I like her hairdos. For amethis tiara, she should try some different style of hairdo to help the tiara shape fit with her face shape.

soCal girl said:
The amethyst tiara doesn't look the best on Victoria. IMO it makes her face look very round when it's really not. Her worst tiara has to be her 18th birthday tiara. It's so small with the jewels barely visible and the base is kind of bigger than the actual tiara, that no matter what beautiful hairstyle she has, it will always look bad.
On this photo this tiara - that how Victoria had wore it wasn't a good choice. It really look strange. I must say that I like this tiara - the way of how it was wore on MarthaLouisa's wedding with this great dress.
I really hate her first tiara. Looks strange. I agree, that maybe if the jewels would be bigger or the base smaller it would looks much better...

It looked like line of silver with big brown base. Vicotria looked great, but not with this tiara. God! Its tiara for small girl on children party ! :D

pauli_170291 said:
and at last...jaja...i hope you like them...kisses ;)
I love the one Letitizia is wearing- the art deco style of it is perfect with her style and it really seems to try and soften her a little bit, her face is so harsh, especcially since she is so thin. I really like Mary's ruby flowers tiara, it works with her coloring and her lovely face. And Camilla's tiara fits her face beautifully and she seems to sparkle in all of the pictures.

I agree. She looks just great here. Isn't it her favourite tiara?

qui mal y pense said:
I don't believe that pic is real! it looks like someone had fun in photoshop.

Unfortunatly that pic is real... They didn´t place the necklace on a good base (in my opinion) when they turned it into a tiara. I think that the jewels comes to far up and to far from the head, it only work if you have a flyffy hairdo or if you place it a bit tilted (like Victoria had on Märtha-Louises wedding). It´s a shame beacuse i really like the looks otherwise but it ruines the whole impression of the tiara and it just looks like something isn´t quite right.

The tiara in the last picture looks very much like the one belonging to Sarah, Duchess of York.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Queen Noor's official portraits.
She seems to prefer variations of a simple up-do.

Beautiful and magnificent. I reacon that most of the royal ladies look nice in their own tiaras but as Alexandria was saying some royals just dont fit

M.O

Well in my opinion, the only lady who gets it right always is the Swedish Queen. Her hair is perfectly "dressed" every time. You rarely see the base of the tiara. Her hair supports the tiara. Every detail is seen to. I like the fact that she sometimes dresses the back part of her hair with pearls or some other jewel, which only inhances the style as well as the tiara.
All the other ladies look very lovely. But the tiara more often then not, looks like it was plopped on their head "after" their hair was styled.
The ladies with fine hair, need to add hair pieces. The ladies with thicker hair, need to avoid additional hair pieces. And they all need to know the difference between "styling" the hair as opposed to "dressing" the hair.

I will agree with everyone who says that Queen Silvia looks the best in her tiaras--with one exception. The way she is careful to balance large and elaborate tiaras with voluminous coiffures is perfect, especially when diamond and pearl strands are woven into the locks. She looks like some graceful lady of the mid 19th century (a period of most flattering hairstyles). However, sometimes this goes a bit overboard. Especially many years ago, she attempted to balance large, heavy, wide tiaras (like the braganza tiara) with equally large, wide hair. It looked rather as though she had a cardboard frame hidden in there (and I wouldn't be surprised if she did). It was terrible.

monaco70s said:
Actually the last one was a necklace turned into a tiara, just shows us how creative Grace was :D

The other Royals have pieces that are tiara cum necklaces.
Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara I was surprised to learn could be broken up and worn as a necklace, the Duchess of Gloucester has a diamond tiara bandeau/necklace, Queen Silvia of Sweden's fringe tiara and other examples.

I do so love to see CP Victoria in all her finery. She looks gorgeous with her hair up topped with a tiara.:)

Indeed, I like the way that Queen Silvia and her daughters CP Victoria and Princess Madelaine have worn their tiaras. They have come up with a variety of beautiful hairstyles and added adornments that have complemented the regal look.

LOSSEAN said:
Indeed, I like the way that Queen Silvia and her daughters CP Victoria and Princess Madelaine have worn their tiaras. They have come up with a variety of beautiful hairstyles and added adornments that have complemented the regal look.

I agree. The Queen is always on top of the game but I love how different the princesses are in their beauty. They both exude style and each knows what works for them individually.

I think that tiaras look nice with up-do's or loose hair. It just depends on what type of tiara it is, what dress is going to be worn with it and what hairstyle has been choosen. I also agree that specific tiaras need a specific head/face shape so that it does not look strange. Most of the time these royal ladies chose well, but then there are days when you can't help but say "What where they thinking?":confused: ...sadly, we all have days like that once in a while...:D

Thanks to all of you that have posted pictures! Great job guys! Have really enjoyed reading your comments and viewing your pictures.:)

when was the last time beatrix or sopia did wear their hair up something like silvia does

It depends on the tiara, really. When CP Mary wears the Ruby Parure, I actually prefer her wearing her hair down with it, like she did at the concert before her wedding to CP Frederik. I like the way it looked on her head with her hair flowing on her shoulders.

If she wears her wedding tiara, I prefer her hair up. It's simple and you want to draw attention to it, so wearing it with your hair in a beautiful up-do would do that.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden always wears her tiaras in interesting ways; she wears her hair down with them a lot. It works for her.

i agree HRHAmy this is a beautifull tiara and she wear it very modern and also good looking !

Josefine said:
when was the last time beatrix or sopia did wear their hair up something like silvia does
I don't think Queen Beatrix has worn her hair up a lot, maybe when she was still fairly young. As we all know, she has had this hairdo for ages! :flowers:

LOSSEAN said:
monaco70s said:
Actually the last one was a necklace turned into a tiara, just shows us how creative Grace was :D

The other Royals have pieces that are tiara cum necklaces.
Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara I was surprised to learn could be broken up and worn as a necklace, the Duchess of Gloucester has a diamond tiara bandeau/necklace, Queen Silvia of Sweden's fringe tiara and other examples.

The Poltimore Tiara (formerly owned by Prss Margaret) is one of the most versatile tiaras I know of. The festoon pieces could come off and be worn as brooches (at least three), and the tiara could also be worn as two different forms of necklaces. One of these was only the flower drop pieces (creating a fringe effect), and the other included several of the festoon pieces between the vertical flowers (creating an exuberant floral necklace). It was such a lovely piece that I am quite sad it will no longer be seen in the United Kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom