Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• Prss%20Mary.JPG
    Prss%20Mary.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 937
Last edited by a moderator:
I think Mary looks overwhelmed wearing Queen Ingrid's ruby tiara and that bulky matching necklace. I know it's a sentimental favorite but she just doesn't look good in it.

iowabelle said:
I think Mary looks overwhelmed wearing Queen Ingrid's ruby tiara and that bulky matching necklace. I know it's a sentimental favorite but she just doesn't look good in it.

I agree with you and the hairpieces are also too big.:eek:

ditto,she looks like she is top heavy. it would have been nicer for her to either wear the tiara & earrings or necklace & earrings, imo

Whilst I really admire Queen Sylvia as a Queen, I think her Tiaras (more like crowns, I think) are just too big for her, I knowq they are historic, but she puffs up her hair and has huge tiaras it's a bit too much for me...

I think Princess Mathilde, Princess Maxima and Princess Letizia are always wearing their tiara's and hair on the right way. These are my favourites

Queen Silvia is my personal favourite in the way she has her hair when she wears a tiara. I really admire how much time and work she and her staff spends on planning and accomplishing this. The hair creations she wear for Nobel are always high class things that takes her hairdressers hours to accomplish, and the result is always so stylish and beautiful. Truly in a class of her own.

Crown Princess Mary always looks elegant, but there's one thing that bugs me about how she wears the wonderful Ruby Parure Tiara - and that's how she doesn't have the steel frames of it hidden under hair.

so then all royal families have their own hair dressers? are they servants with special training or do they hire people for their special events? and is "big hair" a bad thing or a good thing when wearing a tiara?
during the 17th century in france a lot of the powder wigs ladies would wear would be so large when riding in a carriage, they would have to sit on the floor of the carriage inorder to fit in the carriage. so who takes the prize for "biggest hair"?

iowabelle said:
I have to agree, this is a massive tiara. I don't know if fixing her hair another way would have made a difference. We'll have to see how she wears it next time.

princess gertrude said:
I don't know if fixing her hair another way would have made a difference. We'll have to see how she wears it next time.
I think she should have her hairdressers do more advanced coiffures, not like she has until now when she wears her hair fairly naturally and let the steel frame of this tiara show. If she has a little loose hair arranged in her coiffure, it would look so much better.

Personally, I think the bigger the tiara is, the better it looks with "big" hair. To me it just looks weird when a lady has a severely slicked-back hairstyle and this huge tiara sticking out of her head. Likewise, it looks strange to me when somebody has a big bouffant hairdo and this tiny little tiara that looks like it might get lost in there.

First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy with Empress Farah of Iran.

Attachments

• U1326496-2.jpg
    U1326496-2.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 377
  • U1326681.jpg
    U1326681.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 462
  • U1326714.jpg
    U1326714.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 669
  • U1326714-7.jpg
    U1326714-7.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 673
I agree with you Josefine: Queen Beatrix has been stuck in the 50s and 60s hairstyle for too long. She would benefit to update. I like the Queen Elizabeth moved on with her hair style.

I think I do not like when Mary wears the big tiara because time-wise her hair is so not actual.

I agree about Queen Beatrix being stuck in a time warp re fashion and her appearance. I wish I could throw out her silvery blue eye shadow!

July 15, 2005 - Princess Basma of Jordan at the Sultan of Brunei's birthday banquet
This is only the second or third time I've seen P. Basma wear a tiara so I was kind of disappointed that it got lost in her hair.

Actually, alot of the Jordan Royals' heads appear big for their bodies. But I thought that it looked rather nice on her.

from Fotomarktplatz

this is one time madeleines hair and tiara do not go well togather

here is victoria wearing the baden tiara with a little knot i would love to see her earing it larger more volym

Pictures from Lars Lindqvist

Attachments

• showLayoutImage1.jpg
    showLayoutImage1.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 5_00000015116.jpg
    5_00000015116.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
princess madeleine is very pretty and the simple tiara fits as well as the large one. she seems to have a face that would fit any tiara,imo

Mette-Marit of Norway in the Danish wedding last year: (Gettyimages)

Attachments

• 50837256.jpg
    50837256.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 742
LaMinka said:
Mette-Marit of Norway in the Danish wedding last year: (Gettyimages)
I love that picture of Mette-Marit's hairdo! Her hair looked fabulous at the wedding!

Maxima at danish royal wedding
maxima_wedding_frederik_mary04.jpg
attachment.php

The picture is not good to start with. You are looking at an old picture. SInce the Danish wedding Maxima had time to have a baby and yes to change her hairstyle a bit. But wearing a tiara is better with the hair up.

This is probably not the forum for it but I thought I'd ask since I've seen it a lot here. Please excuse my ignorance but is there a significance to the "face paint" that the Moroccan ladies apply on their faces on their wedding days? I've noticed that all royal Moroccan women have them. Is it just royalty or non-royal women as well that do this on their wedding day. Can someone shed some light on this please? Thanks in advance for the information :)

posted by Larzen in the thread state visit from norway in the swedish forum

Attachments

• Norway_in_Sweden_29-UKP.jpg
    Norway_in_Sweden_29-UKP.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Norway_in_Sweden_30-UKP.jpg
    Norway_in_Sweden_30-UKP.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 694
Princess BellyFlop said:
I agree with you Josefine: Queen Beatrix has been stuck in the 50s and 60s hairstyle for too long. She would benefit to update.
I know we all complain about Beatrix's hairdo, but I can't imagine her with another style. It's one of her trademarks (even though it IS fairly awful:p ).

here is madeleine once again
more often with her hair up

Attachments

• a4.jpg
    a4.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 899
Alexandria said:
I don't know if it's her choice of tiaras or her bouffant-style hairdo, but unfortunately, I'm not crazy about how well Queen Beatrix wears tiaras.

It's the hairdo. She's had the same hairdo since the 50's, I think she needs a makeover :) And IMHO, tiara's always look better or are presented better if you have your hair up. It somehow needs something to bring it out and having the hair prop it up does it justice.

Last edited:
I looked all the pages and in my opinion Silvia has the best hairdo.

Back
Top Bottom