The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2003, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Diana's hair didn't work with her pearl tiara. It was also too matronly for someone as young as she was (in the early days).

I like dark hair with tiaras. Either long or short, but dark hair allows the tiaras to stand out (and you're less likely to see the support). Martha Louise's hair is short, and her tiaras look fine, regardless. Mathilde's hair is longer, and her tiara looks like an arrowhead. Victoria's hair is long, and she chooses bad tiaras. So it depends more on how the person places and chooses the tiara, than how long the hair is.

Old 12-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Courtier

From what I've seen, Sylvia gets to choose first, then Victoria, then MAdeleine. There are probably some tiaras that are off limits, like the 9-pointed one, and the Cameo one.

I think fringe tiaras would look best on her, because they would balance out the roundness of her face.
http://royal-jewels.tripod.com/swt/diamond.html
http://royal-jewels.tripod.com/swt/baden.html

If she got a new tiara, it should be a fringe design, or something like Sarah, Duchess of York's tiara. http://royal-jewels1.tripod.com/et/fergie.html It's not too angular (which might look odd with Victoria facial shape), but it's not rounded, either. Plus, it can be worn as a necklace (for when she gets her hands on the big tiaras).

Old 05-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Picture of princess Madeleine's hairstyle at the gala banquet for the German visit

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1519.jpg
Old 05-02-2004, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

I like the way Empress Farah Pahlavi used to wear her tiaras.

Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi and Empress Farah Diba prepare for the coronation ceremonies. Paris Match magazine - October 7,1967

Paris Match magazine (October 14, 1961)

Nur-el-Ain Tiara during the Persepolis Celebrations

2 days before the Persepolis Celebrations

Farah & the Emerald Tiara again

Diamond Tiara
Old 05-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Majesty

picture of Mary and her first tiara

what do you think of this way a big tiara, I think one need a lot of hair with this kind of tiara - very much like Queen Silvia
Old 05-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Courtier

I like the hair-it&#39;s very simple and doesn&#39;t compete with the tiara, which is very elaborate. She looks amazing there.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:45 AM
Majesty

a great picture of alexandras hair and tiara
princess alexandra of denmark
Old 06-07-2004, 11:45 AM
Royal Highness

I am seing a lot of tiaras and i realise that the same tiara can have many sizes.
So my question is:

All the tiaras can became longer or shorte depend of the taste of the person?

Queen Silvia is a good exemple of that.

LARGE

http://pro.corbis.com/images/0000213547-00...2-3357b1140acc}

SMALL

http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/u...-1068649739.jpg

http://www.lestribunesroyales.com/forums/u...-1069505652.jpg
Old 06-07-2004, 12:32 PM
Courtier

I think a lot of them have pieces that can be removed, thus altering the appearance of the tiara.
-Kara-
Old 06-08-2004, 12:46 AM
Royal Highness

Tiaras can be adapted for different situations. Some tiaras can be worn as necklaces in addition. The British royal family have these--the fringe tiara HM the Queen wore at her wedding could be worn as a necklace.

Tiaras can also be adapted to change stones in them. Queen Elizabeth II owns the Grand Duchess Vladimir&#39;s intercircle tiara which had pearls hanging in each of the circles. Queen Mary took some of the Cambridge emeralds from her mother&#39;s family and had them adapted to wear in the circles instead of the pearls. The Queen has worn the tiara with both the pearl and emerald drops.

The Queen also has the "Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara" inherited from Queen Mary. The tiara has a separate bandeau that can be worn with or without the tiara as a hair circlet. Queen Mary wore the bandeau alone once. The present Queen has not be photographed with just the bandeau on to my knowledge, but she has worn the tiara with and without the bandeau.

Queen Mary also gave Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester a diamond tiara that had a sapphire mounted in the front. Princess Alice had another colored stone adapted to wear instead of the sapphire if she wished (I forget what stone she adapted). The present Duchess of Gloucester wears this tiara.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Queen Elizabeth II owns the Grand Duchess Vladimir&#39;s intercircle tiara which had pearls hanging in each of the circles.* Queen Mary took some of the Cambridge emeralds from her mother&#39;s family and had them adapted to wear in the circles instead of the pearls.* The Queen has worn the tiara with both the pearl and emerald drops.
She has also worn it with the centres of the circles bare.

http://groups.msn.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/gbvladimirw.msnw

Quote:
Queen Mary also gave Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester a diamond tiara that had a sapphire mounted in the front.* Princess Alice had another colored stone adapted to wear instead of the sapphire if she wished (I forget what stone she adapted).* The present Duchess of Gloucester wears this tiara
The other stone was a pink beryl

The "Cambridge Lovers Knot" tiara that Diana wore was originally made with standing pearls along the top edge.

http://groups.msn.com/RoyaltyDanjel2/gbloversknotw.msnw
Old 06-08-2004, 01:28 AM
Royal Highness

I know the original had pearl spikes, I just didn&#39;t want to go on like a diatribe.

Queen Mary wanted to copy the tiara of her favorite aunt, Princess Augusta, Grand Duches of Mecklenburg-Strelitz. So she had it made exactly with the pearl spikes, but later removed them and put diamond collets in their place. I believe that is how Her Majesty inherited it--with the collets.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:56 AM
Gentry

I&#39;m not sure if ALL the tiaras are adjustable, but certainly most of them. Because tiaras are usually the most expensive pieces of jewelry and because they are worn quite seldom it is only economical and wise that tiaras can be altered to fit different sizes of heads, they can be altered to necklaces, bracelets or parts of it can be worn as brooches etc.

The Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara which Queen Silvia is wearing consists of movable, hinged panels (12 if I remember correctly) and the tiara can be easily adjusted to different hairdos. In Magdalena Ribbings book Smyckeboken there is a picture of this grand sapphire tiara when it is lying completely flattened in its own box.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Courtier

How a tiara is worn?

Hi, Like most of the other members on this site, I love to see the different tiaras worn by the princesses...but have always wondered how it's worn?

Do anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Courtier

The Swedish royal women have the most amazingly intricate hairstyles with tiaras that I have ever seen! They're absolutely gorgeous and elegant!
Old 09-12-2004, 02:35 AM
Courtier

omg how good would it feel to wear that and it would be super expensive :P she will make a beautiful queen one day
Old 09-23-2004, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Thumbs up

I personally love the look of long hair with a tiara. It's very 60's retro, but also sleek and sophisticated. It's very complimentary with her dress as well, and that's another plus. A wonderful harmony between dress, tiara, and wearer.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Royal Highness

Bravo, is a very good styl:.....................

Just now how is Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria? And some topic for her can i found pics from her.?
Old 09-24-2004, 09:12 AM
Nobility

I think it really looks nice when the hair is pulled back, because the tiara can be "valoured"...
Old 09-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by micas
Bravo, is a very good styl:.....................

Just now how is Princess Elisabeth of Bavaria? And some topic for her can i found pics from her.?
Take a look at at thread about her wedding in the wedding section, there's some more info there.

I agree she looked stunning with that tiara.

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras