Old 05-03-2013, 02:32 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Queen Máxima's wonderful hairdo and the Mellerio Sapphire tiara

Back view
Side view

Old 05-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Nice pics. Thanks

The tiara looks great from the front but the back view looks like balls on sticks.

Maybe she can pull her hair up higher so it covers more of the back.

I like everything she wore including the earrings. The hairstyle is a bit casual.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Maxima's hair was perfect!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not so perfect IMHO - it would have been easy to tease the hair a bit in the front to give it more volume in order to cover the rather ugly base of the tiara.
The tiara itself was not properly centered either but shifted a bit to the right, so I would not label Maxima's inthronisation tiara hairdo a real success.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think they use a piece, it is not all her hair, it has a piece going from the front to the back that is her heair but from thetiara on can be a piece that is fake, she dosn't have so much hair to look so full as it is!!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I think they use a piece, it is not all her hair, it has a piece going from the front to the back that is her heair but from thetiara on can be a piece that is fake, she dosn't have so much hair to look so full as it is!!!!
I'm certain that it's her own hair - combed over a filler underneath to create the roll in the neck, and teased on top to create the volume behind the tiara.
In general, people think rather too quickly of fake hair pieces (also when it comes to CP Mary, Queen Silvia etc.) when it's actually the ladies' own hair we see, albeit a thin layer of it put over and around fillers which create the shape and the illusion of volume.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
The tiara itself was not properly centered either but shifted a bit to the right, so I would not label Maxima's inthronisation tiara hairdo a real success.
I thought I saw the tiara a bit askew when I was watching the inauguration, and the back view of the hairstyle proves it. If you look at the large center sapphire and the diamond atop it, you can see how it drifts ever so slightly to the right.

But, all in all, this was a fantastic look for Maxima.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Aristocracy

This is the first I've seen her hair and tiara this closely. Disappointed you can see the base of the tiara... that really cheapens the look. I'm not terribly fond of her hair. It looks like it has the consistency of straw. No shine, nothing. And the roll around the bottom of the back looks matronly. She is stunning, nonetheless and the tiara is still ah-may-zing!!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:13 PM
Heir Apparent

I really didn't notice the base of the tiara showing during the ceremony; it was only in the still closeup photos that you can see it. It wasn't that bad; at least the tiara didn't stick up high and you could see those fantastic sapphires at the base.

But admittedly, it is very difficult to disguise a tiara base; I think Max did a fine job of displaying the tiara on a lovely hairstyle.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agree with Boris on how more volume in front would have helped. I noticed the tiara askew right away, but everything else was perfect.
Didn't know about fillers. Very interesting.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if going for more hight behind the tiara would have just recreated the problem we had with Queen Beatrix in that the fabulous sapphires across the bottom would have been either obscured by her hair or dulled and clouded without allowing the light refracting through them.

I always thought that the tiara was sort of drab and heavy but changing the central spike and setting it on Maxima's head in such a way that the light shone and refracted through both the diamonds and the sapphires almost made it look like a whole new tiara.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Here you can see how the hair-do is done, Retrorullen: För dig som vill se elegant ut | Mode | Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips | Expressen the model doesn't have longer hair than Máxima, and the roll is substantial, the ends of the hair is teezed to give it volume, and there is no mentioning of using any piece, just two kinds of brushes and hair spray and shine spray. The article was posted on April 24th.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I absolutely loved Maxima's tiara hair for her 40th birthday portrait:

1 2

I thought it was so elegant and perfect.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

More photos of Queen Silvia's tiara hair:

The Royal Watcher

The Royal Watcher
Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Silvia is definitely the queen of tiara hair; it's just a work of art. I love how she's unafraid to adorn her hair with jeweled ornaments as well as the tiara; excess is bliss though it never looks overdone.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are some of my favorite tiara hair from Queen Rania:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Her worst tiara hair has got to be this one.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Her worst tiara hair has got to be this one.
Oh yes. This hair style can kill any beautiful tiara.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Rania's a beautiful woman, but it looks like she's channeling a shorter version of Marge Simpson's towering hairdo.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are Crown Princess Victoria's hairstyles from the Nobel Prizes throughout the years:

1995 2 3
1997 2 3 4
2000 2 3
2001 2 3 4
2003 2 3 4
2004 2 3 4 5 6
2005 2 3 4
2006 2 3 4 5 6
2007 2 3 4 5
2008 2 3
2009 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2010 2 3 4 5 6 7
2011 2 3 4
2012 2 3 4 5

Even though I don't like the tiara, my favorite here is her hairstyle from 2009. Just beautiful!

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras