The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Billed-bladet.dk has a gallery about "Impressive Diadems":

Google Übersetzer

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
In the first photo of the Billed-Bladet article, is that the Princess Alexandra, Lady Ogilvy?
The first photo shows Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, daughter of Princess Benedikte of Denmark and niece of Queen Margrete. She is wearing her mothers tiara, an heirloom from the Danish royal family.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
She dosen't look good with a tiara, at all
I think women must possess a certain style and deportment to wear a tiara. U must wear the tiara- not the tiara wearing U

Oh dear! I must disagree. I think that HRH looks impeccable with tiaras; she has a wonderful style and her deportment is always quite excellent. She's quite regal and a strong asset to the Monarchy. I hope to see her in some other amazing tiaras soon, especially with the upcoming State visit.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is that the State Visit from Mexico? I don't think we will be seeing our Milla in a new tiara anytime soon. She already has three tiaras, one personal, two royals. Thats more than the Duchess of York and Countess of Wessex and the same amount as Diana. We might just have to wait till she becomes Queen to see her with more sparkling headpieces.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I cannot wait to see Victoria wearing Queen Silvia's jewelry one day! I also cannot wait to to see the Infantas, Ingrid-Alexandra, Isabella and the Dutch girls in tiaras and the gorgeous jewels their mothers get to wear.. It's a long wait but worth it I think.

I'd also like to see a tiara on Charlotte Casiraghi, she would look divine.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Tiaras And Hair

Lucky Camilla! What an awesome piece of jewelry.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
Oh dear! I must disagree. I think that HRH looks impeccable with tiaras; she has a wonderful style and her deportment is always quite excellent. She's quite regal and a strong asset to the Monarchy. I hope to see her in some other amazing tiaras soon, especially with the upcoming State visit.
Camilla could look better in tiaras if Charles would let her lose the 70s "Charlie's Angels" hairdo. I don't think anyone w/ that do could look great. Camilla could probably benefit if her hair was pulled back and had some volume in the back and height, rather than only volume at the sides.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I doubt Charles has any say in her hair. What Camilla wants Camilla has.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I doubt Charles has any say in her hair. What Camilla wants Camilla has.
I've just heard that he likes her to keep the hairstyle from when they first met. But you could be right...it seems like she's always had that 70s do--in the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Queen Silvia always had a wonderful hair together with tiaras... like this: Tiaras And Hair

but lately she has turned up with her hair down... I think the first time (? at least first time I noticed, and first time at Nobel) was at Nobel 2007:http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...l-suecia8a.jpg
and I guess she wants to look young, but to me she dont look regal enough, esp if her daughters at the same time have their hair up in a nice way...
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 11-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Tiaras And Hair

Lucky Camilla! What an awesome piece of jewelry.
The tiara is incredible. Camilla always looks stunning with royal jewels.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just loved victoria's hair (and tiara) in this photo at the Nobel Prize:
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...nvictoria_.jpg
So elegant, soft and regal!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Nobility

Could anybody please post pictures of CP Maxima with the peacock parure? To come back to some comments earlier - I think that tiaras with colored gemstones look much better with blonde hair.
Thanks!
Old 12-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Here are a few pictures of Máxima wearing the Peacock parure. The tiara is gorgeous, but I didn't like her hairdo at all.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13516162.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13516135.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13516014.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13515950.jpg

Old 12-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

I guess the hairdo was created to keep the fanatastic tiara in place.
The peacock parure is stunningly gorgeous. I had not ever seen it before.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

the parure and the matching jewels, esp the necklace, are stunning. The Dutch family own some beautiful pieces.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I was stunned and pleased to see the peacock tiara and yes, the Dutch do have some beautiful pieces. I liked that Maxima wore her hair up so it shows the tiara to an advantage.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I never cease to be amazed by the way Letizia just smacks the old tiara on the head and leaves the hair a straggling mess more suited to a teenager. IMO it takes supreme confidence to carry off a really serious "updo" a la the Swedes at the Nobels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
In this shot there is too much hair and not enough tiara! Same problem with this do, especially when posed beside a lady renowned for her sophisication. I leaves her looking a bit "little girl".In this frontal shot her hair looks a mess and the tiara just slapped on like a cherry on top of a cupcake! The cut of the top of her dress was truely awful as with the high neckline and the long hair hanging down, her sholders were the focal point.These shots are a great improvement with her hair styled with height, to accentuate the tiara and with the sides pulled up and back to emphasis her really fine bone structure and fabulous earrings.

I guess that is what really annoys me about Letizia. She can and has looked fabulous but, for the most part, chooses to not make the effort.

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras