Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pics. Thanks

The tiara looks great from the front but the back view looks like balls on sticks.

Maybe she can pull her hair up higher so it covers more of the back.

I like everything she wore including the earrings. The hairstyle is a bit casual.

Maxima's hair was perfect!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so perfect IMHO - it would have been easy to tease the hair a bit in the front to give it more volume in order to cover the rather ugly base of the tiara.
The tiara itself was not properly centered either but shifted a bit to the right, so I would not label Maxima's inthronisation tiara hairdo a real success.

I think they use a piece, it is not all her hair, it has a piece going from the front to the back that is her heair but from thetiara on can be a piece that is fake, she dosn't have so much hair to look so full as it is!!!!

I think they use a piece, it is not all her hair, it has a piece going from the front to the back that is her heair but from thetiara on can be a piece that is fake, she dosn't have so much hair to look so full as it is!!!!
I'm certain that it's her own hair - combed over a filler underneath to create the roll in the neck, and teased on top to create the volume behind the tiara.
In general, people think rather too quickly of fake hair pieces (also when it comes to CP Mary, Queen Silvia etc.) when it's actually the ladies' own hair we see, albeit a thin layer of it put over and around fillers which create the shape and the illusion of volume.

The tiara itself was not properly centered either but shifted a bit to the right, so I would not label Maxima's inthronisation tiara hairdo a real success.

I thought I saw the tiara a bit askew when I was watching the inauguration, and the back view of the hairstyle proves it. If you look at the large center sapphire and the diamond atop it, you can see how it drifts ever so slightly to the right.

But, all in all, this was a fantastic look for Maxima.

This is the first I've seen her hair and tiara this closely. Disappointed you can see the base of the tiara... that really cheapens the look. I'm not terribly fond of her hair. It looks like it has the consistency of straw. No shine, nothing. And the roll around the bottom of the back looks matronly. She is stunning, nonetheless and the tiara is still ah-may-zing!!

I really didn't notice the base of the tiara showing during the ceremony; it was only in the still closeup photos that you can see it. It wasn't that bad; at least the tiara didn't stick up high and you could see those fantastic sapphires at the base.

But admittedly, it is very difficult to disguise a tiara base; I think Max did a fine job of displaying the tiara on a lovely hairstyle.

Agree with Boris on how more volume in front would have helped. I noticed the tiara askew right away, but everything else was perfect.
Didn't know about fillers. Very interesting.

:previous: I wonder if going for more hight behind the tiara would have just recreated the problem we had with Queen Beatrix in that the fabulous sapphires across the bottom would have been either obscured by her hair or dulled and clouded without allowing the light refracting through them.

I always thought that the tiara was sort of drab and heavy but changing the central spike and setting it on Maxima's head in such a way that the light shone and refracted through both the diamonds and the sapphires almost made it look like a whole new tiara.

Last edited:
Here you can see how the hair-do is done, Retrorullen: För dig som vill se elegant ut | Mode | Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips | Expressen the model doesn't have longer hair than Máxima, and the roll is substantial, the ends of the hair is teezed to give it volume, and there is no mentioning of using any piece, just two kinds of brushes and hair spray and shine spray. The article was posted on April 24th.

Last edited:
I absolutely loved Maxima's tiara hair for her 40th birthday portrait:

1 2

I thought it was so elegant and perfect.

Yes, Silvia is definitely the queen of tiara hair; it's just a work of art. I love how she's unafraid to adorn her hair with jeweled ornaments as well as the tiara; excess is bliss though it never looks overdone.

Here are some of my favorite tiara hair from Queen Rania:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Her worst tiara hair has got to be this one.

Last edited:
From what I can see, Catherine's tiara hair here looks lovely but I wish she wore her hair up like this. I am sure tiara appearances will be rare for her in the next couple of years so I am kind of disappointed that she wore her hair down like she did for her last tiara appearance.

The best placer of tiaras is the Queen of sweden hairdresser, always perfect !

Before Prince William married Catherine Middleton, my mother was able to see a program televised from England.
A male hairdresser showed his version of how the bride (Catherine) would wear her hair on the wedding day.
He had a young lady with long hair similar to Catherine's. He arranged part of the lady's hair up and back with a few long strands loose.
A tiara was placed atop her hair.

Last edited:
It was not a good idea , her lace wedding dress was so great and the back of the dress was hidden by her hair.

:previous: Good to know that there was more than one tiara "do" with hair down. However, the hair was styled back from the face so that not only could you see their faces, you could also see their necklaces and earrings.

Our Catherine continues to style Goldie Hawn on a breezy day.

The Swedish royal women at this year's Nobel:

*Images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions, and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• SIlvia.jpg
    SIlvia.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 260
  • Victoria.jpg
    Victoria.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 227
  • Madeleine.jpg
    Madeleine.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 316
I love all the hairstyles! My favorite is Victoria's.

Back
Top Bottom