The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Aristocracy

I think Queen Rania is one of the best in wearing a tiara with her hair down. The swedish royal ladies wear their tiara very good in a beautiful hairdo.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:01 AM
Majesty

I have a question as this is one of my pet topics.
Sometimes we see royals wearing their tiaras in the same way gala after gala. How can they be innovative. I have seen photos from the 20¨s were royals has put their tiara upside down (do not have a photo to show) is this something you would like to see. Is there other ways for royals to be innovative when wearing tiaras for example with their hair.
I think several royal houses has brooches in their vaults so these can be used with a elaborate hairstyle.

Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
I have a question as this is one of my pet topics.
Sometimes we see royals wearing their tiaras in the same way gala after gala. How can they be innovative. I have seen photos from the 20¨s were royals has put their tiara upside down (do not have a photo to show) is this something you would like to see. Is there other ways for royals to be innovative when wearing tiaras for example with their hair.
I think several royal houses has brooches in their vaults so these can be used with a elaborate hairstyle.

I'd like to see headband or bandau tiaras make a comeback....you know, something that can be worn on the forehead or right along the hairline.

I'd also like to see something with pieces of jewelery woven into the hair. When my best friend got married a couple years ago, she had some pearl pieces that belonged to her grandmother sewn into her hair ribbon she had running through her hair, so when she turned around, the back of her head was diamonds and pearls.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does the Countess of Wessex has second tiara
Old 09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Does the Countess of Wessex has second tiara

No, I believe the only one she has was the one she receieved for her wedding.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Oh Countess has 3 tiaras- her wedding tiara (she received from queen), aqamarine tiara and scroll tiara (I think this is the right name of it) she wore it on their pre-wedding gala
Old 09-11-2006, 01:55 AM
Administrator

The Countess of Wessex's three tiaras are discussed in her thread, here.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

Here are some good pics of royal ladies with beautiful hairdos:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1150927843
credit for: Polfoto and Gettyimages
Old 09-11-2006, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
I'd like to see headband or bandau tiaras make a comeback....you know, something that can be worn on the forehead or right along the hairline.

I'd also like to see something with pieces of jewelery woven into the hair. When my best friend got married a couple years ago, she had some pearl pieces that belonged to her grandmother sewn into her hair ribbon she had running through her hair, so when she turned around, the back of her head was diamonds and pearls.
You mean something along these lines?

http://www.royal-magazin.de/monaco/fringe.htm

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...hofBelgium.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...eelizabeth.jpg

It is a shame that it is out of style. These ladies looked lovely with their short hair. Diana tried a couple of times to use this look. Laura Ponte inverted a tiara on her wedding day, but I didn't particularly care for her results. It's unfortunate. Some of the ladies today just pop a tiara on their heads and go.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Just a thought... I saw this picture of Amanda Peet at a premeir and she was wearing a thin head band made out of diamonds it looked really good on her brown hair. I can't find the picture online but I saw it in a magazine. I think that would be a cool take on a tiara, just a thing diamond head band. Rania would wear it well so would Mette-Marit. If anybody could find the pic it would be appreciated, I've looked everywhere for it. :) What do you think?
HRHAmy,

Is this what you saw??

Picture from GettyImages

Old 09-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
HRHAmy,

Is this what you saw??

Picture from GettyImages

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5275...1A18127607C2D4

Yes RachelD!!! That's the picture I was talking about, I love the way it fits with her hair. What do you think? Do you think a princess would look good in it? I know if they wore it they would get flack for not having a impressive tiara but I think it would be a good starter tiara and it's nice and light and probably wouldn't break the Queen or King's bank account either.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
HRHAmy,

Is this what you saw??

Picture from GettyImages

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/5275...1A18127607C2D4

That link doesn't work for me. When I click on it....I get nothing. Could you upload it to Imageshack so everyone can see it?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Heir Apparent

For me to. RachelD could you post it again or write the number of the photo from Getty Image?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That link doesn't work for me. When I click on it....I get nothing. Could you upload it to Imageshack so everyone can see it?
I'm sorry but how do I do that??? I'm a little bit on the ignorant side when it comes to computers....

Can you see this?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/5275...itorial_na&s=1

In case you can't, this is the image # on the gettyimages site:
Image 52751307
Old 09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Commoner

Quote:
When you click on the link do you get the "no authorization..." message? Refresh the window that's showing the error. This always works for me whenever I get that message with one of the Getty images.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I'm sorry but how do I do that??? I'm a little bit on the ignorant side when it comes to computers....

Can you see this?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/5275...itorial_na&s=1

I can see that picture.

For future reference, to upload something to Imageshack, save the picture to your hard drive, go to Imageshack, upload the picture and then you'll get a bunch of different links for displaying your picture. Just go to the last one and put that link between the img tags.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

I can see it!
Thanks RachelD, Nefertiti
Old 09-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Royal Highness

Just make so many time since any royal lady wear a tira i just miss of tiaras events...
Old 09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Majesty

i would like to see some alterative wearing of jewellery, we have seen this in the Swedish royal family with diamond necklaces in the hair and other glittering stuff.
I know that the Dutch royal house as stars Maxima has worn them on her dress maybe she can wear it in her hair.

kimebear these are the photos that i were thinking of its very different why to wear tiaras for us. i would love to see a brave royal try it out. Maybe mabel she usally have fun trying new things
Old 09-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

She'd go and tie bows to her tiaras!

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras