The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Courtier

This is one of my favorite pictures of how a tiara and the hair should be worn. Looks beautiful.:)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1126810289

Old 05-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree. She looks just great here. Isn't it her favourite tiara?

Old 06-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Courtier

Mette Marit's wedding tiara is quiet simple in style but with this kind of hairdo it looks good http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php...013_950189.jpg.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I don't like the way Victoria wears this tiara "http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ictoria1lj.jpg" (posted by Denissm http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...n-9143-13.html) all the base of the tiara is very visible.
I don't believe that pic is real! it looks like someone had fun in photoshop.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by qui mal y pense
I don't believe that pic is real! it looks like someone had fun in photoshop.
Unfortunatly that pic is real... They didnīt place the necklace on a good base (in my opinion) when they turned it into a tiara. I think that the jewels comes to far up and to far from the head, it only work if you have a flyffy hairdo or if you place it a bit tilted (like Victoria had on Märtha-Louises wedding). Itīs a shame beacuse i really like the looks otherwise but it ruines the whole impression of the tiara and it just looks like something isnīt quite right.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Commoner

The tiara in the last picture looks very much like the one belonging to Sarah, Duchess of York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Queen Noor's official portraits.
She seems to prefer variations of a simple up-do.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Commoner

Beautiful and magnificent. I reacon that most of the royal ladies look nice in their own tiaras but as Alexandria was saying some royals just dont fit

M.O
Old 06-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Well in my opinion, the only lady who gets it right always is the Swedish Queen. Her hair is perfectly "dressed" every time. You rarely see the base of the tiara. Her hair supports the tiara. Every detail is seen to. I like the fact that she sometimes dresses the back part of her hair with pearls or some other jewel, which only inhances the style as well as the tiara.
All the other ladies look very lovely. But the tiara more often then not, looks like it was plopped on their head "after" their hair was styled.
The ladies with fine hair, need to add hair pieces. The ladies with thicker hair, need to avoid additional hair pieces. And they all need to know the difference between "styling" the hair as opposed to "dressing" the hair.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Courtier

I will agree with everyone who says that Queen Silvia looks the best in her tiaras--with one exception. The way she is careful to balance large and elaborate tiaras with voluminous coiffures is perfect, especially when diamond and pearl strands are woven into the locks. She looks like some graceful lady of the mid 19th century (a period of most flattering hairstyles). However, sometimes this goes a bit overboard. Especially many years ago, she attempted to balance large, heavy, wide tiaras (like the braganza tiara) with equally large, wide hair. It looked rather as though she had a cardboard frame hidden in there (and I wouldn't be surprised if she did). It was terrible.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy
This is one of my favorite pictures of how a tiara and the hair should be worn. Looks beautiful.:)
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&d=1126810289
That tiara looks wonderful on her. And it works well with how she has her hair styled.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Nobility

[quote=monaco70s] Actually the last one was a necklace turned into a tiara, just shows us how creative Grace was

The other Royals have pieces that are tiara cum necklaces.
Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara I was surprised to learn could be broken up and worn as a necklace, the Duchess of Gloucester has a diamond tiara bandeau/necklace, Queen Silvia of Sweden's fringe tiara and other examples.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I do so love to see CP Victoria in all her finery. She looks gorgeous with her hair up topped with a tiara.:)
Old 07-12-2006, 11:39 PM
Nobility

Indeed, I like the way that Queen Silvia and her daughters CP Victoria and Princess Madelaine have worn their tiaras. They have come up with a variety of beautiful hairstyles and added adornments that have complemented the regal look.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN
Indeed, I like the way that Queen Silvia and her daughters CP Victoria and Princess Madelaine have worn their tiaras. They have come up with a variety of beautiful hairstyles and added adornments that have complemented the regal look.
I agree. The Queen is always on top of the game but I love how different the princesses are in their beauty. They both exude style and each knows what works for them individually.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Courtier

I think that tiaras look nice with up-do's or loose hair. It just depends on what type of tiara it is, what dress is going to be worn with it and what hairstyle has been choosen. I also agree that specific tiaras need a specific head/face shape so that it does not look strange. Most of the time these royal ladies chose well, but then there are days when you can't help but say "What where they thinking?" ...sadly, we all have days like that once in a while...

Thanks to all of you that have posted pictures! Great job guys! Have really enjoyed reading your comments and viewing your pictures.:)
Old 09-02-2006, 10:03 AM
Majesty

when was the last time beatrix or sopia did wear their hair up something like silvia does
Old 09-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

It depends on the tiara, really. When CP Mary wears the Ruby Parure, I actually prefer her wearing her hair down with it, like she did at the concert before her wedding to CP Frederik. I like the way it looked on her head with her hair flowing on her shoulders.

If she wears her wedding tiara, I prefer her hair up. It's simple and you want to draw attention to it, so wearing it with your hair in a beautiful up-do would do that.

Princess Madeleine of Sweden always wears her tiaras in interesting ways; she wears her hair down with them a lot. It works for her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 09-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Nobility

i agree HRHAmy this is a beautifull tiara and she wear it very modern and also good looking !
Old 09-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
when was the last time beatrix or sopia did wear their hair up something like silvia does
I don't think Queen Beatrix has worn her hair up a lot, maybe when she was still fairly young. As we all know, she has had this hairdo for ages!
Old 09-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Courtier

[quote=LOSSEAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monaco70s
Actually the last one was a necklace turned into a tiara, just shows us how creative Grace was

The other Royals have pieces that are tiara cum necklaces.
Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara I was surprised to learn could be broken up and worn as a necklace, the Duchess of Gloucester has a diamond tiara bandeau/necklace, Queen Silvia of Sweden's fringe tiara and other examples.
The Poltimore Tiara (formerly owned by Prss Margaret) is one of the most versatile tiaras I know of. The festoon pieces could come off and be worn as brooches (at least three), and the tiara could also be worn as two different forms of necklaces. One of these was only the flower drop pieces (creating a fringe effect), and the other included several of the festoon pieces between the vertical flowers (creating an exuberant floral necklace). It was such a lovely piece that I am quite sad it will no longer be seen in the United Kingdom.

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras

« Royal Replicas | - »