The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Majesty

Camilla need a large tiara when she has so much hair a smaller tiara need a lady with her hair up so the tiara can be seen thats my opinion

Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Commoner

I think that Queen Silvia wins hands down for the best hairstyles with a tiara. Her stylist deserves an award, I'm serious!
Very creative twists and knots, with pearls or diamonds woven into the hair creates such a magical almost 'fairytale' image of what I've always thought a queen should look like.
With very few exceptions, it's my opinion that if a woman has long hair, it should most definitely be worn 'up' when donning a tiara.
Camilla's hair is all wrong wrong wrong for tiara wear, it's too 'wide' and the lines of the honeycomb tiara did nothing but emphasize that fact. Hopefully someone will do an intervention soon.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emeraldeyes, you've got very sharp eyes too.
Meaning:
I agree with every word you say. The Delhi Durbar Tiara was bad enough on Camilla, along with the spider web dress and her short hair blown up as wide as possible, trying to make at least some sense of it, but now this...
Yikes. I had not seen this pic before, and I can't imagine what they were thinking putting yet another big tiara on that hair and combined with yet another spiderweb dress too: It's almost a joke.
really hoped they would be reasonable enough to keep the Boucheron / Cartier tiara in the vaults for a few more years to come, until the close identification with Queen Mum would have passed.
As far as your opinion of the art of Queen Silvia wearing tiaras goes, again I couldn't agree more.
Right now, her and Camilla DC are the exact opposites of how (NOT) to wear a tiara... Queen Silvia being the magnificent best and the Duchess making a good effort of becoming the hopeless worst among all female Royals, IMO.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Commoner

Thanks Boris, you are too kind. :)

My husband is a hairstylist and I am a trained aesthetician, so I know a little about what I'm pontificating about...
I agree with you about those spider-web dresses. Now that the Dss of C has started to get things right for her daytime look, we can only hope someone begins to take her evening selections to another place (the current crop can go straight to the rubbish bin!).
Old 04-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thumbs up

My personal opinion might be biased, but when it comes to the subject of "Tiara And Hair", nobody among any Queens or CPs does it better than Qeen Silvia.
A perfect, beautiful blend of the current and the ancient way of wearing a tiara. She's been experimenting a lot over the years, including additional jewel hair ornaments and hair extensions, but the result has always been beautiful; doesn't matter if it's the Nobel ceremony which gets media coverage globally, or the recent state visit from Botswana which won't exactly get recognized that much:
It seems that she doesn't give a damn how much media coverage she'll get, she just puts a lot of effort into getting it right & period. Hats (or tiaras?) off to her. Great style!
Old 04-17-2006, 06:48 AM
Commoner

curly hair

hi i have a question, do you know of any royal females who have natural curly hair and keep it because they all seem to straighten it even when wearing a tiara, except diana, princess of wales when her hair was short and curly and princess letizia (but hers is natural straight) ?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:35 AM
Commoner

Tiaras and Hair

My personal favorite is Maxima's wedding tiara - just gorgeous and her hair was perfectly done for it. Mary's wedding tiara was boring and barely sparkled, although well placed on hair and veil.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Majesty

if we talk about the princesses

i think victoria does at times great and a bit more with her hair when wearing tiaras i am thinking of the nobel 2001

Mary has done some great hairstyles with her tiara but her hair can be to big

Maxima did wear some extantion at the wedding in norway before her own wedding but to me it looked to barbie

Alexandra do need to try different styles with hergala hairstyle it has looked the same for many years

Mette-marit has done it at times i like her at the danish wedding in 2004 simple but hairstyle with style when wearing a small tiara

Letiza has varied her hairstyle what at gala and that i like

Madeleine do like her hair curly i woild like to seee her wearing her hair up but with some extra finess next time we see her in gala
Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzuela
I agree. It just looks too much.
The ruby tiara is not one of my favorites. The set overwhelms Mary; there is too much going on and it really doesn't fit her head correctly.

Now, Mary's wedding tiara looks great on her; fits her head and style perfectly.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I must admit I do really like the way the Duchess of Cornwall wore both the Delhi Durbar and the The Boucheron Diamond Honeycomb Tiara. Imo, her hair suited perfectly with them. Only Queen Mary could have worn them better, imo.
I also love Queen Silvia and Queen Sofia wearing tiaras. They look very regal.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:53 AM

HRH Sultanah Hajjah Kalsom of Pahang, Malaysia

-this photo is taken from Humera - thank you
Old 04-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Courtier

Overall, I think no one can beat Queen Slivia when it comes to wearing a tiara...she does it flawless and in the most stunning way.

She's able to look regal and beautiful and at the same time, allow the tiara to stand out / she's able to bring out the beauty of the tiara..
Old 04-27-2006, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I must admit I do really like the way the Duchess of Cornwall wore both the Delhi Durbar and the The Boucheron Diamond Honeycomb Tiara. Imo, her hair suited perfectly with them. Only Queen Mary could have worn them better, imo.
I also love Queen Silvia and Queen Sofia wearing tiaras. They look very regal.
First of all, I would like to point out that I agree that Camilla looks good in the Delhi Durbar tiara. But I have a question about why. Do you think it is because the largeness of the tiara? I think it is possible that the tiara would not look right on someone with a smaller head. Camilla's 'head type' and her hair are perfectly suited for it. She probably wouldn't look quite right wearing a very tiny tiara like the one Queen Beatrix always wears, I don't know the name of it. Camilla needs something a bit more commanding, I guess!
Old 05-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Gentry

See I disagree about camilla and the Dehli Durbar. It certainly is a lovely tiara, but with camilla's huge hair there is just too much going on up top if you ask me.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think if Camilla wears a tiara with the hairstyle she had at her daughters wedding then that would look lovely.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
I don't like the way Victoria wears this tiara "http://img196.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ictoria1lj.jpg" (posted by Denissm http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...n-9143-13.html) all the base of the tiara is very visible.
The amethyst tiara doesn't look the best on Victoria. IMO it makes her face look very round when it's really not. Her worst tiara has to be her 18th birthday tiara. It's so small with the jewels barely visible and the base is kind of bigger than the actual tiara, that no matter what beautiful hairstyle she has, it will always look bad.

I thought Madeleine's hair at her father's birthday gala was pretty. The loose tendrils around her face made it a very soft look. Plus, the fringe tiara is always gorgeous.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&d=1146473777
(source: P.P.E., originally posted by Maxie)
Old 05-13-2006, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
Her worst tiara has to be her 18th birthday tiara. It's so small with the jewels barely visible and the base is kind of bigger than the actual tiara, that no matter what beautiful hairstyle she has, it will always look bad.
Yes this tiara has ruined her pretty face and and her hairdo http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...4&d=1107001060 http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1108464781 I like her hairdos. For amethis tiara, she should try some different style of hairdo to help the tiara shape fit with her face shape.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
The amethyst tiara doesn't look the best on Victoria. IMO it makes her face look very round when it's really not. Her worst tiara has to be her 18th birthday tiara. It's so small with the jewels barely visible and the base is kind of bigger than the actual tiara, that no matter what beautiful hairstyle she has, it will always look bad.
On this photo this tiara - that how Victoria had wore it wasn't a good choice. It really look strange. I must say that I like this tiara - the way of how it was wore on MarthaLouisa's wedding with this great dress.
I really hate her first tiara. Looks strange. I agree, that maybe if the jewels would be bigger or the base smaller it would looks much better...
Old 05-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Serene Highness

It looked like line of silver with big brown base. Vicotria looked great, but not with this tiara. God! Its tiara for small girl on children party !
Old 05-13-2006, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli_170291
and at last...jaja...i hope you like them...kisses
I love the one Letitizia is wearing- the art deco style of it is perfect with her style and it really seems to try and soften her a little bit, her face is so harsh, especcially since she is so thin. I really like Mary's ruby flowers tiara, it works with her coloring and her lovely face. And Camilla's tiara fits her face beautifully and she seems to sparkle in all of the pictures.

Tags
hair, jewellery, tiaras