The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-31-2019, 10:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There will be a Slovenian state visit to Norway in November. Here are my guesses:

Sonja: Josephine’s diamond tiara
Mette-Marit: wedding tiara
Astrid: Vasa tiara
The event is at the 6th of November. My guesses are:

Sonja: Queen Maud pearl tiara and additional pearl choker etc.
Mette-Marit: Not attending
Astrid: Turqouise parure

Old 11-06-2019, 01:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the UK diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth II: Modern Sapphire tiara
Duchess of Cambridge: Lovers Knot tiara
Duchess of Cornwall: Boucheron tiara

Old 11-11-2019, 09:31 AM
Courtier

This year's first (and probably) last Official dinner, Representationsmiddag, tomorrow at The Royal Palace of Stockholm.

Probably nothing exciting, but after tomorrow it will be easier to place our bets for the Nobel festivities.

Queen Silvia - The Connaught Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia - The Wedding Tiara with Pearls.
Old 11-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses for the UK diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth II: Modern Sapphire tiara
Duchess of Cambridge: Lovers Knot tiara
Duchess of Cornwall: Boucheron tiara

Do you know what date that will be on?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinacg View Post
Do you know what date that will be on?
Last year it was held on Dec 4th (2018).

16th of November,1528 : Birth of Jeanne d'Albret,Queen of Navarre
Old 11-11-2019, 11:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the Swedish official dinner this month:

Silvia: nine prong tiara

Victoria: six button tiara

Sofia: wedding tiara
Old 11-12-2019, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Last year was one of the rare exceptions that we saw photos of HM at the diplomatic reception. Let's hope that it won't stay an exception, but is turned into the new standard procedure. I think that the Queen will wear the kokoshnik tiara this year. Camilla and Kate will be business as usual, Boucheron honeycomb tiara and Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara. But as always, I would welcome seeing something else on them.

Finally a Swedish dinner! Again, I don't expect anything extraordinary, the nine prongs for the Queen, the fringe for Victoria and the wedding tiara for Sofia.

But it's less than a month till the Nobels now. I really hope that the Swedish ladies will pull out all the stops.
My wish:
- the Queen wears anything other than the ususal prongs or Leuchtenberg tiara for the awards ceremony
- all the ladies should wear different tiaras for the second night
- at least one of them should wear a tiara she hasn't worn before
- I want to see a lot of coloured stones: the amethysts set, the aquamarine koskoshnik and the gorgeous emerald necklace
Old 11-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
for Victoria and the wedding tiara for Sofia.

But it's less than a month till the Nobels now. I really hope that the Swedish ladies will pull out all the stops.
My wish:
- the Queen wears anything other than the ususal prongs or Leuchtenberg tiara for the awards ceremony
- all the ladies should wear different tiaras for the second night
- at least one of them should wear a tiara she hasn't worn before
- I want to see a lot of coloured stones: the amethysts set, the aquamarine koskoshnik and the gorgeous emerald necklace

Lets add on more wish:

That we will see the Cameo tiara worn again. The last time it was worn was at Victoria's Wedding.

We have also not see the Braganca tiara since then but i don't expect it to be worn for Nobel as Queen Silvia has only worn it for special occasions.

Old 11-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Lets add on more wish:

That we will see the Cameo tiara worn again. The last time it was worn was at Victoria's Wedding.

We have also not see the Braganca tiara since then but i don't expect it to be worn for Nobel as Queen Silvia has only worn it for special occasions.
Given that the Queen in general seems to favour smaller tiaras these days I somehow doubt that we'll see her in the Braganza again.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator

I fear you might be right about the Braganza. The Queen may not wear the heavy beast again. Besides she has never worn it at the Nobels before, so she might not want to start that now.

But to see the cameo tiara again would be great. (Though it might be as heavy as the Branganza.) In the end, it's difficult to understand why these two tiaras haven't come out of the vault since Victoria's wedding. Especially now that the Queen shares the Connaught tiara with her daughters, the cameo and the Braganza are needed as Queen-only-tiaras, imho. But in the end we can call ourselves lucky if Silvia doesn't wear the prongs tiara for the third time in a row.
Old 11-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Given that the Queen in general seems to favour smaller tiaras these days I somehow doubt that we'll see her in the Braganza again.

It would be a pity if the Queen would never wear the Braganza tiara again becuase then we will have tio wait a long time. I still hope she will wear if for an incoming State Visit from another Monarchy for example.

Or for official pics as then she will not have to wear it for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I fear you might be right about the Braganza. The Queen may not wear the heavy beast again. Besides she has never worn it at the Nobels before, so she might not want to start that now.
I think a reason not wearing if for the Nobels isalso that she would have to wear if for a long time. Ofcourse this was also the case at Victoria's Wedding but this was an one time Event.

Old 11-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

At the Nobel Prizes, I hope Madeleine will wear something new like any of these necklaces:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1f/08...785db23240.jpg

https://www.hellomagazine.com/imagen...pg?filter=w200

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...p&resize=480:*
Old 11-12-2019, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It would be a pity if the Queen would never wear the Braganza tiara again becuase then we will have tio wait a long time. I still hope she will wear if for an incoming State Visit from another Monarchy for example.
The Braganza hiatus is the longest since she became Queen, almost 10 years. On the other hand she has had no reason to wear it during this time of period, as she tend to wear it for state banquets from fellow monarchs or special family occasions. We have had neither of that since 2010, with the King's 70th birthday only being black tie.

Indeed, Queen Silvia seems to prefer smaller tiaras nowadays. What ever reason it is, I do hope to see the Braganza again, but I would undersand if she refrains it.
Old 11-12-2019, 03:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've long been of the opinion that the reason for the Queen generally going with her lighter tiaras these days has to do with her broken arm a few days ago. That's also the reason for her ever present shawls.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The Braganza hiatus is the longest since she became Queen, almost 10 years. On the other hand she has had no reason to wear it during this time of period, as she tend to wear it for state banquets from fellow monarchs or special family occasions. We have had neither of that since 2010, with the King's 70th birthday only being black tie.

When did Queen Louise last wear the Bragnca tiara? My guess is that she did no wear it in the last years before her death so it was probably around 15-16 years not worn when Queen Silvia wore it the first time for official pics in autumn 1976.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I've long been of the opinion that the reason for the Queen generally going with her lighter tiaras these days has to do with her broken arm a few days ago. That's also the reason for her ever present shawls.

Probably also the weight of the tiara is a reason but i think the Braganca is by far the heaviest from the swedsih tiaras. As for her ever present shawl i think for some reason the Queen is freezing sooner now and that is the reason it is always present at last at Events in the Royal Palace.

Old Yesterday, 02:59 AM
Serene Highness

I can understand If Queen Silvia don’t want to wear the Braganza anymore. It’s said to have a weight of 3kg...She is after all 75 years old (soon 76). Or at least not to state dinners when she has to carry it on her head for hours...

If we’ll ever see the Braganza again on Silvia, i think it will be for official portraits, but she has started to prefer other tiaras for that too...

Don’t know why the Cameo Tiara is so rarely used. A few years after the Crown Princess wedding, rumours circulated here in Sweden that it was in very fragile condition but i don’t know if it’s true or not....

I would love to see Queen Silvia make more use of King Edward VII Ruby Tiara (even including it in her regular tiara rotation for the Nobel festivities) because it’s a majestic piece full of royal history and deserves way more recognition.
But given it’s controversial history with the disputed ownership with the King’s late uncle Count Sigvard Bernadotte, i suspect that they have some form of family agreement that it won’t be used on a regular basis for as long as Sigvard’s widow Countess Marianne Bernadotte is alive.... Otherwise i’m sure they would have used it way more regularly by now....