The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2019, 10:50 AM
Courtier

Masako: predict - Meiji Tiara, wish - Chrysanthemum Tiara

Letizia: predict - Floral Tiara, wish - Cartier Pearl & Diamond Tiara or Loop Pearl & Diamond Tiara
Maxima: predict - Pearl Buttons Tiara, wish - Wurttemberg Tiara
Mathilde: predict - Wolfers Tiara, wish - Nine Provinces Tiara (full setting)
Silvia (I don't know why but I think Sweden may send the king and queen rather CP couple): predict - Nine Prong Tiara, wish - Edwardian Ruby Tiara
Charlene (who knows...): wish - Ocean Tiara

Victoria (if she is the representative rather her parent): predict - Baden Fringe Tiara or Six Buttons Tiara, wish - Aquamarine Kokoshnik
Mette Marit: predict - Wedding Tiara, wish - Amethyst Tiara
Mary: predict - Wedding Tiara (sans pearl), wish - Ruby & Spinel Tiara
Stephanie: predict - Aquamarine Bandeau, wish - Vine Leaves Tiara or GD M-A's Sapphire Tiara
Sophie: predict & wish - Habsburg Fringe Tiara
Caroline (I think Albert will come alone but again, who knows): predict - Sapphire necklace, wish - Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara

Old 09-10-2019, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

There is a chance I could missing some, but here are the confirmed royal women that will be attending the Japanese enthronement celebrations:

Queen Mathilde
Queen Maxima
Queen Silvia
Queen Jetsun Pema

Old 09-11-2019, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There is a chance I could missing some, but here are the confirmed royal women that will be attending the Japanese enthronement celebrations:

Queen Mathilde
Queen Maxima
Queen Silvia
Queen Jetsun Pema
Plus Empress Masako and the Japanese Princesses.
I guess that Masako will wear the Meiji scroll tiara, Kiko the CP scroll tiara, Hisako her wedding tiara. The younger ladies only have one tiara anyway.

GD Henri will attend alone, as will Prince Charles. I'm not sure if Norway, Denmark, Spain have jet confirmed who is going to attend.

I really hope that Jetsun Pema will wear her delightful wedding tiara again. As for the other ladies, I'm not sure how big they will go. Will they bring their big guns, or will they select more modest jewels in order to not outshine the new Empress?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Mathilde never wore the Nine Province tiara AND the Wolfers as necklace as Queen fabiola did . I hope for this event;
Old 09-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Plus Empress Masako and the Japanese Princesses.
I guess that Masako will wear the Meiji scroll tiara, Kiko the CP scroll tiara, Hisako her wedding tiara. The younger ladies only have one tiara anyway.

GD Henri will attend alone, as will Prince Charles. I'm not sure if Norway, Denmark, Spain have jet confirmed who is going to attend.

I really hope that Jetsun Pema will wear her delightful wedding tiara again. As for the other ladies, I'm not sure how big they will go. Will they bring their big guns, or will they select more modest jewels in order to not outshine the new Empress?

From Norway CP Haakon is confirmed. But he will attend alone so bno norwegian tiara in Japan. Quiet a pity that so many of the male royals attend alone.

Old 09-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hopefully if Queen Letizia is unavailable ,the Spanish will send queen Sofia as it been awhile since we had a Sofia tiara event.

September 14th ,1982 :Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
Old 09-11-2019, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Hopefully if Queen Letizia is unavailable ,the Spanish will send queen Sofia as it been awhile since we had a Sofia tiara event.

She hasn't worn a tiara since the abdication since the abication of King Juan Carlos. When she attended the albanian Wedding where there was a tiara Event in the evening she choose not to wear one which she has also done sometimes earlier.

Old 09-12-2019, 05:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I so do hope Letizia attends, and wears one of the two larger pearl and diamond tiaras.

I think Fed and Marry will attend as well, and I hope Mary uses the rubies.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

I think Fed and Marry will attend as well, and I hope Mary uses the rubies.

If they attend i think Mary will wear a diamond tiaras as the japanese imperial ladies all do not have tiaras with coloured stones. Peraps there would a slight chance that Queen Margrethe loans her one of her tiaras as Queen Ingrid has done the same in the past when Princess Margaretha ttended the british coronation in 1953.

Old 09-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Serene Highness

I hope Crown Princess Mary will get to wear the The Pearl Poiré Tiara as a loan from QMII. I know this is wishful thinking because it's really possible that she will just wear her non-colored go-to tiaras, her Wedding Tiara (with pearls) or the Edwardian Tiara.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 09-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I hope Crown Princess Mary will get to wear the The Pearl Poiré Tiara as a loan from QMII. I know this is wishful thinking because it's really possible that she will just wear her non-colored go-to tiaras, her Wedding Tiara (with pearls) or the Edwardian Tiara.

If she would get toe wear this one they would follow precedent as then Crown Pricness Ingrid wore it at the british coronation in 1927 and 1853 it was loaned to Princess Margaretha.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If she would get toe wear this one they would follow precedent as then Crown Pricness Ingrid wore it at the british coronation in 1927 and 1853 it was loaned to Princess Margaretha.
Which tiara did Queen Margrethe wear to Emperor Akihito's coronation?
Old 09-12-2019, 02:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If they attend i think Mary will wear a diamond tiaras as the japanese imperial ladies all do not have tiaras with coloured stones. Peraps there would a slight chance that Queen Margrethe loans her one of her tiaras as Queen Ingrid has done the same in the past when Princess Margaretha ttended the british coronation in 1953.
I am aware that the Japanese ladies ten not to wear coloured stones, but I would assume that a visitor could. In the event that Mary decides not to wear coloured stones, I think she will end up wearing her wedding tiara. I don't think Margarethe will lend out any of her tiaras.
Old 09-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Which tiara did Queen Margrethe wear to Emperor Akihito's coronation?
QMII wore The Pearl Poire Tiara. Queen Silvia wore the Leucthenberg Tiara
Old 09-12-2019, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post

I don't think CP Mary will wear the Pearl Poiré before she becomes queen consort. The Rubies are already a queen's tiara by Danish standards (Queen Ingrid wore them frequently), but have now passed (per Queen Ingrid's will) to the Crown Princesses. If the Danish court feels that CP Mary needs to step up her tiara game for a Japanese enthronement banquet, the natural choice would be to wear the full Ruby parure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am aware that the Japanese ladies ten not to wear coloured stones, but I would assume that a visitor could. In the event that Mary decides not to wear coloured stones, I think she will end up wearing her wedding tiara. I don't think Margarethe will lend out any of her tiaras.

As mentioned above, Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara for Emperor Akihito's enthronement, so I don't think there is a "no colored stones" rule for foreign guests.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don't think CP Mary will wear the Pearl Poiré before she becomes queen consort. The Rubies are already a queen's tiara by Danish standards (Queen Ingrid wore them frequently), but have now passed (per Queen Ingrid's will) to the Crown Princesses. If the Danish court feels that CP Mary needs to step up her tiara game for a Japanese enthronement banquet, the natural choice would be to wear the full Ruby parure.

As mentioned above, Queen Silvia wore the Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara for Emperor Akihito's enthronement, so I don't think there is a "no colored stones" rule for foreign guests.
Agreed. Sonja wore the Emerald Parure Tiara last time. So it seems to me that the ladies opt for their grander pieces for this event.

Non-coloured stones is probably a non-question for foreign guests. Queen Silvia has worn tiaras with both Sapphires (Enthronment) and Rubies (State Visit) in Japan previously.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Queen Margrethe rarely shares her tiaras, so that's not very likely to happen. But if she does, Mary might get the Baden palmette tiara. But I don't think that will happen. If she attends, then it's probably the ruby tiara. Since Denmark has not yet announced who will attend, it could also be the Queen herself. In that case I think she'll wear the pearl poire tiara and pearl necklace.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:53 AM
Serene Highness

Apparently, the King and Queen of Spain are attending. What a treat! Letizia will surely kill it.

Emperor Naruhito of Japan - Enthronement Ceremonies (October 2019) by Gert's Royals

On other topics, Queen Mathilde has not worn tiara for the longest. Most especially, her Brabant Laurel Wreath Tiara. It makes me curious as to what she will wear.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 09-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Majesty

As Japan loves diamonds and pearls, I hope Máxima will surprise us with the Württemberg Ornate Pearl Diadem, in the full version with all eleven upright pearls on top. The last time the full version was worn was in 1982.

The full version: https://www.vorsten.nl/app/uploads/2...1881887698.jpg
Old 09-13-2019, 03:00 PM
Majesty

That is indeed impressive..magnificent!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968