Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a Slovenian state visit to Norway in November. Here are my guesses:

Sonja: Josephine’s diamond tiara
Mette-Marit: wedding tiara
Astrid: Vasa tiara

Last edited:
There will be a Slovenian state visit to Norway in November. Here are my guesses:

Unfortunately, Queen Sonja and CP Mette-Marit have now missed several Norwegian tiara events in a row. I am not so confident they will attend the Slovenian state banquet.

So my guesses or wishes, or whatever for the Enthronment Banquet.

Empress Masako - The Meiji Scroll Tiara.

Queen Maxima - the small setting of the Stuart Tiara would be nice, but the Württemberg Pearl Tiara is more likely, I think.

Queen Mathilde - The full Nine Province Tiara, what other options are there?

Queen Letizia - Either the Cartier Pearl and Diamond Tiara or the Pearl Loop Tiara.

Crown Princess Victoria - I would so love to see the Cameo Tiara, maybe not so likely, but I have a feeling she will surprise us, or the just goes with the Baden Fringe.

Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies, definitely.

I think that all the European royal ladies will wear the largest and grandest tiaras in their collections. After all, it's an Imperial Enthronement :)

^ But much as eclipsing the Bride at a wedding is very bad manners, so is eclipsing an Empress at her enthronement.. [looking at you, Maxima]..

I think that all the European royal ladies will wear the largest and grandest tiaras in their collections. After all, it's an Imperial Enthronement :)

In 1990 Queen Sofia for example wore the Mellerio shell tiara and not one of her bigger tiaras and Queen Fabiola wore the Wofers tiara so i would not take that as measure. I certainly hope that Empress Masako will wear the bigger imperial Chrisanthemum tiara for the first time or wif she wears the Meji scroll tiara then with the stars of top so that it becomes more impressive.

My final guess for tomorrow.
Masako -Meji Scroll
Kiko- CP Scroll

Maxima- Ruby Parure or Stuart Tiara
Mathilde- 9 Provinces
Letizia- Cartier Loop or Cartier Pearl and Diamond
Mary- Wedding Tiara with pearls
Victoria- Connaught Tiara or Laurel Wreath

My final guess for tomorrow.
Masako -Meji Scroll
Kiko- CP Scroll

Maxima- Ruby Parure or Stuart Tiara
Mathilde- 9 Provinces
Letizia- Cartier Loop or Cartier Pearl and Diamond
Mary- Wedding Tiara with pearls
Victoria- Connaught Tiara or Laurel Wreath

Maxima: Württemberg pearl tiara
Victoria: Queen Josephine's amethyst tiara
Mary: Ruby parure
Mathilde: Nine Provinces plus the Wolfers convertible tiara as a necklace
Letizia: Cartier Pearl and Diamond

In 1990 Queen Sofia for example wore the Mellerio shell tiara and not one of her bigger tiaras and Queen Fabiola wore the Wofers tiara so i would not take that as measure..

True, but, if I am not mistaken, Queen Sofia didn't have either the Cartier Loop or the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiaras in 1990, so the Mellerio shell was actually her second "grandest" tiara after the Fleur de Lys which, I think, would not have been appropriate for the enthronement.

It surprises me that Queen Fabiola didn't wear her Spanish wedding gift tiara as she had worn it before in Japan during a state visit.

Last edited:
Maxima: Württemberg pearl tiara
Victoria: Queen Josephine's amethyst tiara
Mary: Ruby parure
Mathilde: Nine Provinces plus the Wolfers convertible tiara as a necklace
Letizia: Cartier Pearl and Diamond

True, but, if I am not mistaken, Queen Sofia didn't have either the Cartier Loop or the Cartier Pearl and Diamond tiaras in 1990, so the Mellerio shell was actually her second "grandest" tiara after the Fleur de Lys which, I think, would not have been appropriate for the enthronement.

It surprises me that Queen Fabiola didn't wear her Spanish wedding gift tiara as she had worn it before in Japan during a state visit.

The first time sofia had worn the Cartier tiara in 1987 so she could have worn it in Japan..maybe she liked more the shell then the cartier? or it is easier to wear?.

Queen Mathilde doesn't have much to choose from ,but my guess is the Nine Provinces tiara.

Queen Letizia has a little more to choose from than her Belgian counterpart and I think we may see the Floral Tiara in Japan.

The first time sofia had worn the Cartier tiara in 1987 so she could have worn it in Japan..maybe she liked more the shell then the cartier? or it is easier to wear?.

Are you sure ? Maybe it was a loan then. According to the Court Jeweller, King Juan Carlos only reacquired the Pearl and Diamond Tiara for the RF's main line in 1996. And the Cartier Loop didn't return to the main line until the year 2000 at least.

Last edited:
Are you sure ? Maybe it was a loan then. According to the Court Jeweller, King Juan Carlos only reacquired the Pearl and Diamond Tiara for the RF's main line in 1996. And the Cartier Loop didn't return to the main line until the year 2000 at least.

Of course it could be a loan but she wore it in November 1987 during a state visit to Nepal& Thailand, state visit from portugal to spain 1987 and state visit from morocco to spain 1989, state visit from tunisa 1991
EDIT she also wore it 1990 state visit from russia, anniversary in norway 1993, visit from japan 1994 then she stopped wearing it and wore it again in 2004

Last edited:
When talking about the Cartier loop tiara returning to the main line let's not forget that it belonged to the Countess of Barcelona who gladly lent it to her daughter and granddaughter when they got married.

When talking about the Cartier loop tiara returning to the main line let's not forget that it belonged to the Countess of Barcelona who gladly lent it to her daughter and granddaughter when they got married.

And the Pearl and Diamond tiara, as far as I know, belonged to Infanta Maria Cristina, Countess Marone, who passed away only in 1996. That is why I am surprised to hear that Queen Sofia had worn it before in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

I was under the impression that the only tiaras which were available to Sofia circa 1990 were the Fleur de Lys, the Mellerio Shell, Queen Maria Christina's floral tiara, the Prussian Tiara she inherited from her mother, and her Rubies gift tiara.

And the Pearl and Diamond tiara, as far as I know, belonged to Infanta Maria Cristina, Countess Marone, who passed away only in 1996. That is why I am surprised to hear that Queen Sofia had worn it before in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

I was under the impression that the only tiaras which were available to Sofia circa 1990 were the Fleur de Lys, the Mellerio Shell, Queen Maria Christina's floral tiara, the Prussian Tiara she inherited from her mother, and her Rubies gift tiara.

I think we will never know for sure when the Cartier Tiaras went back to the main line i just hope they will stay with F&L and Letizia will wear one of them in Japan

I already made a list a few months ago but I think I have revisions.

Mathilde: The Wolfers Tiara
Maxima: The Dutch Diamond Bandeau
Letizia: The Mellerio Shell Tiara
Mary: Wedding Tiara with Pearls
Victoria: The Baden Fringe Tiara

Last edited:
Right now from the actual Enthronement ceremony Queen Maxima is wearing the Stuart Parure Earrings, Crown Princess Mary is wearing the Ruby Necklace and Crown Princess Victoria is wearing the Amethyst Parure Brooch... perhaps signs of what tiaras are coming tonight ?

Can't wait to see it anyway ;)

Queen Letizia is also wearing her diamond and emerald earrings and the Joyas de Pasar diamond collet necklace and a diamond bracelet. Everybody is absolutely stunning.

The event is at the 6th of November. My guesses are:

Sonja: Queen Maud pearl tiara and additional pearl choker etc.
Mette-Marit: Not attending
Astrid: Turqouise parure

My guesses for the UK diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth II: Modern Sapphire tiara
Duchess of Cambridge: Lovers Knot tiara
Duchess of Cornwall: Boucheron tiara

This year's first (and probably) last Official dinner, Representationsmiddag, tomorrow at The Royal Palace of Stockholm.

Probably nothing exciting, but after tomorrow it will be easier to place our bets for the Nobel festivities.

Queen Silvia - The Connaught Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
Princess Sofia - The Wedding Tiara with Pearls.

My guesses for the UK diplomatic reception:

Queen Elizabeth II: Modern Sapphire tiara
Duchess of Cambridge: Lovers Knot tiara
Duchess of Cornwall: Boucheron tiara

Do you know what date that will be on?

My guesses for the Swedish official dinner this month:

Silvia: nine prong tiara

Victoria: six button tiara

Sofia: wedding tiara

Last edited:
Last year was one of the rare exceptions that we saw photos of HM at the diplomatic reception. Let's hope that it won't stay an exception, but is turned into the new standard procedure. I think that the Queen will wear the kokoshnik tiara this year. Camilla and Kate will be business as usual, Boucheron honeycomb tiara and Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara. But as always, I would welcome seeing something else on them.

Finally a Swedish dinner! Again, I don't expect anything extraordinary, the nine prongs for the Queen, the fringe for Victoria and the wedding tiara for Sofia.

But it's less than a month till the Nobels now. I really hope that the Swedish ladies will pull out all the stops.
My wish:
- the Queen wears anything other than the ususal prongs or Leuchtenberg tiara for the awards ceremony
- all the ladies should wear different tiaras for the second night
- at least one of them should wear a tiara she hasn't worn before
- I want to see a lot of coloured stones: the amethysts set, the aquamarine koskoshnik and the gorgeous emerald necklace

for Victoria and the wedding tiara for Sofia.

But it's less than a month till the Nobels now. I really hope that the Swedish ladies will pull out all the stops.
My wish:
- the Queen wears anything other than the ususal prongs or Leuchtenberg tiara for the awards ceremony
- all the ladies should wear different tiaras for the second night
- at least one of them should wear a tiara she hasn't worn before
- I want to see a lot of coloured stones: the amethysts set, the aquamarine koskoshnik and the gorgeous emerald necklace

Lets add on more wish:

That we will see the Cameo tiara worn again. The last time it was worn was at Victoria's Wedding.

We have also not see the Braganca tiara since then but i don't expect it to be worn for Nobel as Queen Silvia has only worn it for special occasions.

Lets add on more wish:

That we will see the Cameo tiara worn again. The last time it was worn was at Victoria's Wedding.

We have also not see the Braganca tiara since then but i don't expect it to be worn for Nobel as Queen Silvia has only worn it for special occasions.
Given that the Queen in general seems to favour smaller tiaras these days I somehow doubt that we'll see her in the Braganza again.

I fear you might be right about the Braganza. The Queen may not wear the heavy beast again. Besides she has never worn it at the Nobels before, so she might not want to start that now.

But to see the cameo tiara again would be great. (Though it might be as heavy as the Branganza.) In the end, it's difficult to understand why these two tiaras haven't come out of the vault since Victoria's wedding. Especially now that the Queen shares the Connaught tiara with her daughters, the cameo and the Braganza are needed as Queen-only-tiaras, imho. But in the end we can call ourselves lucky if Silvia doesn't wear the prongs tiara for the third time in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom