The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2019, 12:10 PM
Majesty

My guesses on tiara's likely to be worn in Japan for the enthronement celebrations in October. Not all of the following attendees are confirmed, but I think it is highly likely that they will attend:

> Maxima: Small version of House diamonds (Stuart) tiara / Sapphire tiara / large W pearl tiara

> Letizia: One of the larger diamond and pearl tiaras that have made their debut in the last few years

> Mathilde: Nine Provinces

> Victoria: Baden Fringe

> Mary: Ruby parure

Old 08-14-2019, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if Charlene of Monaco might attend and we might have her very 1st tiara event?

August 25th, 1270 -Death of King Louis IX of France
Old 08-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if Charlene of Monaco might attend and we might have her very 1st tiara event?
I honestly can't see either happening (because i think she and P.Albert have agreed that she skips royal events as much as she can), but if it happens i'll promise to post an "i was wrong" post in the P.Charlene current events thread

That said, i would love love love to see her Diamond Foam tiara again on her, it's one of my alltime favorites (especially fitting with short hair)
Old 08-14-2019, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Perhaps we might see the Princess of Hanover in place of her sister in law wearing the beautiful pearl and diamond drop tiara.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Who will attend from Great britain ,Norway, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein ?
Old 08-14-2019, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales has so far confirmed his attendance not sure about the rest .

Old 08-14-2019, 04:27 PM
Serene Highness

It's nostalgic that 28 years ago, on the same occasion, the Prince of Wales together with Diana, Princess of Wales attended Emperor Akihito's enthronement ceremony.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I honestly can't see either happening (because i think she and P.Albert have agreed that she skips royal events as much as she can), but if it happens i'll promise to post an "i was wrong" post in the P.Charlene current events thread

That said, i would love love love to see her Diamond Foam tiara again on her, it's one of my alltime favorites (especially fitting with short hair)
It's such a pity but I agree with you. She dosn't seem to want to attend royal events and I don't see that changing. Would be great if she went though.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
It would be great if Charlene made it, but based on previous form, it appears highly unlikely.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:42 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Who will attend from Great britain ,Norway, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein ?
I think if MM is well enough, she will join Hakan in Japan. From Lux, I suspect it will be Guillame and Stephanie
Old 08-15-2019, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
From Lux, I suspect it will be Guillame and Stephanie

Could also be the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess from Luxembourg as in 1990 Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte went themself instead of sending Henri and Maria Teresa.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Could also be the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess from Luxembourg as in 1990 Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Joséphine-Charlotte went themself instead of sending Henri and Maria Teresa.
That is indeed a possibility, but M-T does not fly well and ducked out of a recent state (or official) visit to Japan.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

What do you think about the new Empress? I would love to see her with the Chrysanthemum tiara, but maybe we should expect the Meiji scroll tiara again. It's the most important imperial tiara after all.

The new Crown Princess will probably wear the CP scroll tiara again.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
What do you think about the new Empress? I would love to see her with the Chrysanthemum tiara, but maybe we should expect the Meiji scroll tiara again. It's the most important imperial tiara after all.

The new Crown Princess will probably wear the CP scroll tiara again.
I'd love to see Masako in the chrysanthemum tiara, I think she would carry it off beautifully, but I suspect you are correct, and the Meiji is more likely. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, though.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

I think Princess Victoria will wear the Baden tiara.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Watcher posted great Pictures of the former Emperor 's Coronation.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob2008 View Post
I think Princess Victoria will wear the Baden tiara.
I think that is a good bet if she attends, but would like to see something bigger, like the Amethyst tiara.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I'd love to see Masako in the chrysanthemum tiara, I think she would carry it off beautifully, but I suspect you are correct, and the Meiji is more likely. I'd be thrilled to be wrong, though.

My guess ist that she will stick to the Meji scroll tiara for a few years and then bring out the chrysanthemum. As far as i rember this was the case for Emrpess Michiko.

Perhapsd she could add the stars to the Meji tiara. Have recently seen a pic of Empress Nagako wearing it with the stars in the 1960's.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Like Tilia C. and Ista, I would love to see Empress Masako wearing the Chrysanthemum tiara at the enthronement parade/banquet although I expect her to wear the Meiji tiara as it's the oldest tiara for an empress.

However, I'm hoping for Meiji tiara with stars as an upgrade. Empress Kojun last wore that configuration when she was younger.

Other Imperial princesses in their wedding or only tiaras, except for Crown Princess Kiko who will probably wear the CP Scroll.

If Grand Duchess Maria Teresa somehow manages to attend... her favorite Belgian Scroll. Otherwise, I'm hoping Luxembourg will send Princess Alexandra with GD Henri or the HGD couple. Diamond Vines for either Alexandra or Stephanie.

I'm not expecting Princess Charlene but who knows... maybe the Ocean tiara? I doubt the Princess of Hanover will attend. Prince Albert is more likely to go solo.

Other guesses:

Crown Princess Victoria: Baden
Crown Princess Mary: convertible necklace-tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: smaller version of Queen Maud
Hereditary Princess Sophie: Fringe
Queen Maxima: Antique Pearl or small version of Stuart
Queen Letizia: Cartier Loop
Queen Mathilde: full Nine Provinces
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM
Serene Highness

I bet Empress Masako will wear the Meiji Tiara as much as I also want her to wear the Chrysanthemum or even the Honeysuckle.

Queen Letizia: The Diamond Floral Tiara
Queen Maxima: The Dutch Diamond Bandeau
Queen Mathilde: The Wolfers Tiara
CP Victoria: The Swedish 6 Button Tiaras
CP Mette-Marit: Diamond Daisy Bandeau
CP Mary: The Edwardian Tiara
Hereditary Princess Sophie: The Habsburg Fringe Tiara
Princess Caroline: Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara

From Luxembourg, if not the Grand Duke going solo, maybe Felix and Claire will.

Princess Claire: Grand Duchess Adélaïde Tiara