Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Silvia wore tiaras to both the State Dinner (connaught) and the Return Dinner (baden fringe) during the last swedish State visit to Germany in 2016. I expect nothing different for Maxima next year :)

Depend on the dresscode for the state Banquet. When the urkish Preisdent paiid a State Visit earlier this year the dresscode was business suits and short gowns for the woman. Hopefully it will be different fot a reigning King.

Depend on the dresscode for the state Banquet. When the urkish Preisdent paiid a State Visit earlier this year the dresscode was business suits and short gowns for the woman. Hopefully it will be different fot a reigning King.

I really hope it had more to do with being a State visit from a republic than President Steinmeier having changed thr dresscode since President Gauck...

As Crown Princess Victoria will be attending the Japanese Enthronement alongside her father, i expect her to wear the Baden Fringe Tiara or the Connaught Diamond Tiara. I would love to see her debute the Edward VII Ruby Tiara but i don't expect that.

If Crown Princess Mary is attending (kongehuset.dk has still not listed any attendance from Denmark) i expect her to wear her Wedding Tiara or her newest Diamond and Ruby Tiara.
I don't expect her to take Queen Ingrid's Rubies to Japan. The only time she has taken it abroad so far was afaicr to the Crown Princess Wedding in Sweden 2010....

As Crown Princess Victoria will be attending the Japanese Enthronement alongside her father, i expect her to wear the Baden Fringe Tiara or the Connaught Diamond Tiara. I would love to see her debute the Edward VII Ruby Tiara but i don't expect that.

CP Victoria's position within the Royal House seems to have been upgraded lately as she naturally gets closer to the throne. The recent changes to membership of the Royal House are part of this trend to focus increasingly on the CP family as the core RF together with the current King and Queen.

Since Victoria is de facto standing in for Queen Silvia at the Japanese enthronement ceremony and given the recent changes in the Royal House with an increasing focus on her, how likely is it that she might debut a tiara previously worn by Queen Silvia only like the Leuchtenberg sapphires ?

I am not saying it is going to happen, but I am just curious to know what the Swedish posters (and other posters in this forum also) think.

Last edited:
It's a pity that the GD won't be able to attend the State Visit from Belgium. But HGD Stephanie will probably wear one of the medium sized tiaras like the choker tiara with pearl or the Belgian scroll tiara. The latter would be a first-timer for her, but which tiara would be more fitting for a Belgian visit?

Of course it would be splendid if Mathilde would wear the Spanish tiara, but like others here I doubt it. So I guess it's the full version of the nine provinces tiara.

I do think that Alexandra and Claire will attend as well, as it seems usual to have all hands on deck for an incoming royal visit. My guess is the aquamarine tiara for Claire and the sapphire laurel tiara for Alexandra.

CP Victoria's position within the Royal House seems to have been upgraded lately as she naturally gets closer to the throne. The recent changes to membership of the Royal House are part of this trend to focus increasingly on the CP family as the core RF together with the current King and Queen.

Since Victoria is de facto standing in for Queen Silvia in the Japanese enthronement ceremony and given the recent changes in the Royal House with an increasing focus on her, how likely is it that she might debut a tiara previously worn by Queen Silvia only like the Leuchtenberg sapphires ?

I am not saying it is going to happen, but I am just curious to know what the Swedish posters (and other posters in this forum also) think.

I have a feeling that the Leuchtenberg sapphires won't be an option for Victoria until she is queen. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the amethysts for the enthronement, though, although I'm guessing the Baden fringe is a safer bet.

If Crown Princess Mary is attending (kongehuset.dk has still not listed any attendance from Denmark) i expect her to wear her Wedding Tiara or her newest Diamond and Ruby Tiara.
I don't expect her to take Queen Ingrid's Rubies to Japan. The only time she has taken it abroad so far was afaicr to the Crown Princess Wedding in Sweden 2010....

She aslo has worn it during Guillaume and Stephanies wedding in 2012.

Since Victoria is de facto standing in for Queen Silvia in the Japanese enthronement ceremony and given the recent changes in the Royal House with an increasing focus on her, how likely is it that she might debut a tiara previously worn by Queen Silvia only like the Leuchtenberg sapphires ?

In my opinion the Connaught Tiara would be a great choice for Victoria, its Queenly but not to much-- For Silvia i hoped she wears the Cameo Tiara( i know it was unlikley but in recent years she has worn Tiaras we have not seen regulary on her (Baden fringe &Amethyst) Maybe Victoria could wear the Cameo Tiara?

It's a pity that the GD won't be able to attend the State Visit from Belgium. But HGD Stephanie will probably wear one of the medium sized tiaras like the choker tiara with pearl or the Belgian scroll tiara. The latter would be a first-timer for her, but which tiara would be more fitting for a Belgian visit?

Of course it would be splendid if Mathilde would wear the Spanish tiara, but like others here I doubt it. So I guess it's the full version of the nine provinces tiara.

I do think that Alexandra and Claire will attend as well, as it seems usual to have all hands on deck for an incoming royal visit. My guess is the aquamarine tiara for Claire and the sapphire laurel tiara for Alexandra.

I know it is unlikley she will wear Fabiolas Tiara. But i never expected the Stuart (small setting) on Maxima .. so who knows. in the case Mathilde owns the Tiara, she may not waiting until a spanish state visit or UK visit.

The Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara have (like the Braganza Tiara) ever since it came to Sweden with Queen Josefina (1807-1876) been strictly reserved for The Queen or when there has been no Queen, the highest ranked Princess of the Court, so i don't think that's an option for Victoria.

If she debuts something, i expect it to be Edward VII Ruby Tiara or perhaps the Nine Prong Tiara.

The Leuchtenberg tiara seems to be reserved for the First lady of the Realm (Rikets första dam) as it was worn by Crown Princess Louise, Princess Sibylla and Princess Birgitta even though they weren't queens. This differentiates it from the mighty Braganza which is worn exclusively by the queen. Therefore I doubt that we'll see the Leuchtenberg worn by Victoria at the Japanese enthronement celebrations but I'd be right chuffed if it was to happen. My hunch is that we'll see her in either the Baden fringe, the Connaught or Lilian's tiara.

My guesses for the Belgian State visit to Luxembourg:

Mathilde: Nine Provinces tiara (full version)
Stephanie: Diamond Vine Leaves tiara
Claire: Adelaide sapphire tiara
Alexandra: Aquamarine tiara

Last edited:

But Queen Ingrid often wore the ruby parure abroad. If i remeber rigt also on fairer distances. Only Crown Princess Mary has worn it only twice avbroad perhaps also because she hasn't attended such high-profile Events abroad.

The Leuchtenberg tiara seems to be reserved for the First lady of the Realm (Rikets första dam) as it was worn by Crown Princess Louise, Princess Sibylla and Princess Birgitta even though they weren't queens. This differentiates it from the mighty Braganza which is worn exclusively by the queen. Therefore I doubt that we'll see the Leuchtenberg worn by Victoria at the Japanese enthronement celebrations but I'd be right chuffed if it was to happen. My hunch is that we'll see her in either the Baden fringe, the Connaught or Lilian's tiara.

As Viciotoria is attending togehter with the King one could say she is the representing the First Lady of Sweden at the coronation as she is going instead of her mother.

As Viciotoria is attending togehter with the King one could say she is the representing the First Lady of Sweden at the coronation as she is going instead of her mother.

Yes but it doesn't change that Queen Silvia is still "Rikets Förstadam".
Crown Princess Louise only began to wear the Leuchtenberg Sapphires after Queen Victoria died and Princess Sibylla only began to wear it after Queen Louise died. Princess Birgitta wore it to the gala night the day before the wedding of the King and Queen in 1976 when she was the most senior ranked Princess of the Court present. So i think it's safe to assume that it is a "First Lady only" tiara...

Here are my (updated) guesses for the celebrations of the Japanese enthronement:

> Victoria will probably wear one of the Baden Fringe, the Connaught or possibly, the Amethyst tiaras for the Japanese enthronement.

> Maxima might wear the smaller setting of the House Diamonds / Stuart tiara, or perhaps the large W pearl and diamond tiara, which she has previously worn in Japan at a state visit.

> Mathilde will wear the None Provinces, larger setting

> Letizia will probably wear one of the two larger pearl and diamond tiaras she has worn in the last 18 months or so.

muriel said:
Maxima might wear the smaller setting of the House Diamonds / Stuart tiara, or perhaps the large W pearl and diamond tiara, which she has previously worn in Japan at a state visit.
Queen Máxima took at least two of the diamonds of the Stuart diadem on the trip, as she wore them yesterday in India. So perhaps we will see the -smaller version- of the Stuart tiara. It isn't every day that an emperor is enthroned so it makes sense to wear your best jewels.

For Victoria I am going for something new: I hope she will wear the King Edward's Ruby tiara of her mother.

Last edited:
Queen Máxima took at least two of the diamonds of the Stuart diadem on the trip, as she wore them yesterday in India. So perhaps we will see the -smaller version- of the Stuart tiara. It isn't every day that an emperor is enthroned so it makes sense to wear your best jewels.

Or she combines the earrings with on of the other diamond tiaras. Anyway if she has the Stuart tiara with her i hope she won't wear the big version as i think she then would overpower Empress Masako.

Last edited:
Stortingsmiddag coming up in Oslo on Thursday.

Queen Sonja - Emerald Parure
Crown Princess Mette-Marit - Diamond Daisy
Princess Astrid - one of the antennas

Queen Sonja: Desiree tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: vifte tiara
Pricness Astrid: Vasa tiara

Norway:
Queen Sonja: the diamond tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: daisy bandeau
Princess Astrid: the diamond wings aigrette

But I'd love to see something special and exciting. When Sonja was still the CP she once wore a pearl and emerald bracelet in her hair. Maybe Mette-Marit should try something like that as well. Emeralds would look lovely in her fair hair. But as we know, she's not tiara magpie and likes it light and simple. Anyway, I'll be happy if she feels well enough to attend.

Luxembourg:
It's tonight! The first pics must arrive shortly. I'm fairly excited because I think we might see Stéphanie with the Belgian scroll tiara. Of cause I'd love to see the Spanish tiara on Mathilde, but I somehow doubt that this is what we'll see. And I hope that Claire and Alexandra will attend as well. It's not a big chance though, because they didn't attend the last royal visit from the Netherlands.

:previous:

Alternatively it would be nice if we would see the Congo diamond necklace-tiara of the late GDss Josephine-Charlotte - if it is still in the family. IIRC we last saw it during a display for the cancelled auction of JC's jewels. Of course it is possible the tiara was dismantled and the stones sold quietly. I believe the present Grand Duchess did wear the Congo bracelet as a necklace at one point.

Last edited:

Alternatively it would be nice if we would see the Congo diamond necklace-tiara of the late GDss Josephine-Charlotte - if it is still in the family. IIRC we last saw it during a display for the cancelled auction of JC's jewels. Of course it is possible the tiara was dismantled and the stones sold quietly. I believe the present Grand Duchess did wear the Congo bracelet as a necklace at one point.

Wasn't iot worn as necklace by GD maria teresa on the State Visit to the neterlands? Or was that another dimonad necklace. Anyway i think even GD Joséphine-Charlotte wore it seldom as tiara and more as necklace.

Alternatively it would be nice if we would see the Congo diamond tiara of the late GDss Josephine-Charlotte - if it is still in the family. IIRC we last saw it during a display for the cancelled auction of JC's jewels. Of course it is possible the tiara was dismantled and the stones sold quietly.
It's a mystery why this tiara hasn't been seen again. MT has used it as her wedding tiara, after all, it should hold a place in her heart. In contrast, the Belgian scroll tiara, which also had been on display for the auction has been worn many times. I'd love to see it again, but for the Belgian visit the Belgian tiara might be more symbolic, imo.

My guesses:

Sonja: Queen Maud's pearl tiara
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Astrid: Vasa tiara

Last year at the Stortingsmiddag they had the amethysts, the vasa and the desiree diamonds. This time I think they will bring out:

Sonja: Queen Maud's pearl tiara (Or the emerald parure)
Mette Marit: Wedding tiara
Astrid: Turqouise parure

Neither Queen Sonja, nor Crown Princess Mette-Marit will attend the Stortingsmiddag, according to the Royal Court. Hope they're feeling okey!

My guesses for the Japanese enthronement:

Empress Masako: Imperial Chrysanthemum Tiara
Queen Mathilde: Laurel Wreath tiara
Queen Maxima: Mellerio Sapphire tiara
Crown Princess Mary: Danish Ruby tiara
Queen Letizia: Floral tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Connuaght tiara

Neither Queen Sonja, nor Crown Princess Mette-Marit will attend the Stortingsmiddag, according to the Royal Court. Hope they're feeling okey!

I was surprised that CPss MM was first scheduled for the dinner tonight as she, due to her illness, was on an exhausting 6 day tour to and through Germany for the Frankfurt Book Fair. Now we see it must have been too much of a strain.
Her Majesty Queen Sonja is on "sick leave" since about a week already.:sad:

Princess Astrid in the diamond aigrette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom