Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, the first tiara events of the year are the New Year Receptions in Tokyo and Kopenhagen.

I'd say, it will be business as usual for the Princesses. Most of the Japanese Princesses only have one tiara, die Empress doesn't wear tiaras anymore. Mary always wears the rubies, Marie always wears the floral tiara. That really leaves Queen Margrethe to guess. And I think that this year she'll wear the emerald parure again, or at least I hope so.

My guesses for New Years

Margrethe: emerald tiara
Mary: ruby tiara
Marie: wedding tiara

I expect,
Margrethe: Pearl Poire Tiara
Mary: Danish Ruby Tiara
Marie: Floral Tiara

but I wish,
Margrethe: Danish Emerald Tiara
Mary: Midnight Tiara
Marie: Amethysts Lilies Tiara
not so realistic (especially for Mary and Marie) but I just want to see something fresh/new.

As much as I miss seeing the midnight and the amethyst lily tiara, both are only on permanent loan from jewelers. At such a highly official occasion at the New Year Gala, they won't wear loaned jewels, I guess. Marie has worn her tiara at one State Banquet, I think, but Mary has only worn the midnight tiara at private birthdays and weddings.

But yes, I understand that this is your wish. And I also have a wish that is not very realistic: I'd like to see Crown Princess Masako with her wedding tiara. :D She hasn't worn it for tooooo looong.:sad:

My guesses for the Iceland state visit:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden fringe
Madeleine: aquamarine kokosnik
Sofia: wedding tiara

My guesses for the Spanish state visit to Moracco:

Letizia: floral tiara

I dont think we will see a Tiara on Queen Letizia during the state visit to Morocco. Queen Sofia wore just a long dress and a necklace and a brooch during their state visit back in 2005. In my opinion Letizia follows into Sofias footsteps. she wore no tiara to republic state visits, or countrys no tiaras are worn, like morocco. I hope Letizia will wear a Tiara, but i doubt it.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos...orocco-on-january-17-2005-picture-id108398333

Last edited:
Let's hope Letizia will bring some gorgeous massive necklace/earrings/bracelet/brooch from the Spanish vault.

Are there any other confirmed state visits between monarchies in 2018?

My tiara guess/wish for January

Denmark:
Queen: Pearl Tiara/ Emerald Tiara
Mary: Ruby Tiara/ wedding tiara with pearls
Marie: wedding tiara/ anything but the wedding tiara

Japan:
Masako: Sunburst tiara/ wedding tiara
-everyone else their usual tiaras, Empress no tiara

Spanish State Visit to Morocco:
Queen Letizia: no tiara/ wedding tiara
Princess Lalla Salma: no tiara/ wedding tiara

State Visit from Iceland to Sweden:
Queen: Nine Prong Tiara/ Cameo Tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara/ Connaught Tiara
Sofia: Wedding Tiara with Pearls/ large Cut Steel Tiara
Madeline: Wedding Tiara/ large Aquamarine Tiara

State Visit from Iceland to Sweden:

I expect Silvia in Nine Prong (typical choice), and I am wishing for the Connaught or the Ruby.

Baden for Victoria, we haven't seen Baden for a long time right? Of course I don't mind she surprises us again like the last time in Nobel:ROFLMAO:

Madeleine participated in the state visit from Canada in February but at that time Victoria was not here (in holiday?) so I guess she was only deputy (?). And also considering she is in pregnant, I don't think Madeleine will join the state visit this time.

Wedding tiara (emerald setting) or 4 buttons for Sofia.

So some guesses from my side.

New Years Banquet in Copenhagen:
Queen Margrethe - Would be nice to see the Emeralds again.
Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies as usual (I like that)
Princess Marie - Her floral tiara (don't like that as much)

Icelandic State visit to Sweden:
Queen Silvia - As it is a state visit from a Nordic Head of state it is seen as very important. I guess it could be the Leuchtenberg Sapphires, but would love to see the Cameo again.
Crown Princess Victoria - I both think and wish it is time for the Baden Fringe.
Princess Sofia - The Large Cut Steel tiara would be nice.
Princess Madeleine - I don't think she will attend due to her pregnancy, but if she does her Modern Fringe is most likely.
Princess Christina - She might attend, especially if Madeleine doesn't, and she could opt for the 6-Button.

Icelandic State visit to Sweden:
Queen Silvia - Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - Large Cut Steel Tiara (because I want her to repeat the gorgeous look from Nobel 2016, this tiara with that beautiful H&M gown)
Princess Sofia - Six Button Tiara

Sadly Crown Princess Victoria has cancelled her engagements for today due to a severe cold so we won't see her tonight :( But Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson attended the lunch earlier today so i guess she will be present for the Dinner tonight too :)

My guess for tonight

The Queen : Nine Prong Tiara

Princess Sofia : Wedding Tiara with Pearls

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara or the small Cut Steel Tiara.

Last edited:
I love the sapphires to that red dress ?❤️ Nice to see Princess Sofia using her wedding tiara with the pearls. That tiara is so much better now !

Apprently no Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson present...

It would be great to see Catherine get a serious necklace (Nizam?) out for the official dinner in Norway this week. Other potential contenders could be the emerald and diamond necklace unseen so far; the accompanying (I presume!) earrings and bracelet were seen in NY in Dec 2014 at a fund raiser for St Andrews university.

It would be great to see Catherine get a serious necklace (Nizam?) out for the official dinner in Norway this week. Other potential contenders could be the emerald and diamond necklace unseen so far; the accompanying (I presume!) earrings and bracelet were seen in NY in Dec 2014 at a fund raiser for St Andrews university.

I hope Catherine repeats the Greville Ruby Necklace. Perhaps with a strapless red dress. Add HM Wedding Gift Bracelet I'll be ecstatic!!! ??

Being pregnant will factor into type of dress she wears (Catherine) ...I don't expect anything to daring (plunging necklines).

I would love to see the Nizam or the Greville emeralds. But we might just see something like she wore more recently, one of those diamond collette necklaces.

LaRae

The pearl choker she has worn in November would also be a nice choice.

I think Kate won't wear necklace......maybe just earrings and bracelet (the pearls from Diana?). Actually I'm more interested about what would the Norwegian (especially Sonja) wear :lol:. Can Sonja repeat her emerald beads necklace again? She wore that for Charles and Camilla's visit in 2012. It's a lovely modern piece and I don't think there is any ladies who wear emerald better than Sonja. I would like to see her pearl strands choker too but I don't think she'll pick such grand piece for this dinner. Mette-Marit, I guess she won't wear necklace (she is not a fans of this I think?), but I wish she brings out the Vifte (in necklace form of course) again.

What is the next tiara event coming up, seems like we are bit low on state visits in the spring?

Isn't it the State Dinner (London) coming up?

LaRae

What is the next tiara event coming up, seems like we are bit low on state visits in the spring?

I think the Norwegian state visit to Argentina in March is next. And Philippe and Mathilde are going to Canada, but no date yet.
There are usually a few incoming state visits in March or April, but this year seems to be unusually quiet on this front:sad:.

In February King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will meet President and Mrs Xi Jinping for the 4th time in 5 years (State Visit in Beijing, Nuclear Summit in The Hague, State Visit in Amsterdam, and now another visit in Beijing). I do not expect long dresses and jewels this time.

The lack of State Visits probably has to do with the Olympic Games in Korea, which will see the usual mass assembly of heads of states and royals.

Last edited:
I think the Norwegian state visit to Argentina in March is next. And Philippe and Mathilde are going to Canada, but no date yet.
There are usually a few incoming state visits in March or April, but this year seems to be unusually quiet on this front:sad:.

I didn't know Philippe and Mathilde were going to Canada this year. State dinners in Canada are black tie. Máxima wore a tiara there, but I suspect Mathilde will not.

I didn't know Philippe and Mathilde were going to Canada this year. State dinners in Canada are black tie. Máxima wore a tiara there, but I suspect Mathilde will not.

Sometimes Mathilde wears a tiara for a black tie State Dinner sometimes not. In Poland she debuted the Wolfers tiara and wore her laurel wreath tiara as necklace

I assume there will be an Official dinner (Representationsmiddag) in Stockholm in the spring as well. It always is. I would guess March, but no hints so far.

Yes Pranter, the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting takes place in London 16th-18th April, and will be marked by a White Tie State Banquet at Buckingham Palace..

Yes Pranter, the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting takes place in London 16th-18th April, and will be marked by a White Tie State Banquet at Buckingham Palace..

Is it confirmed that the CHOGM banquet will be white tie ? Isn't it normally black tie when the meeting is in other countries ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom