The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

Welcome to

Tiara and Jewels guessing 4: 2018

Please guess and discuss the jewels that might be worn at upcoming events in 2018.

The previous thread can be found here:

Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

Please follow the
TRF Rules when posting

Old 12-14-2017, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

As usual, the first tiara events of the year are the New Year Receptions in Tokyo and Kopenhagen.

I'd say, it will be business as usual for the Princesses. Most of the Japanese Princesses only have one tiara, die Empress doesn't wear tiaras anymore. Mary always wears the rubies, Marie always wears the floral tiara. That really leaves Queen Margrethe to guess. And I think that this year she'll wear the emerald parure again, or at least I hope so.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Majesty

My guesses for New Years

Margrethe: emerald tiara
Mary: ruby tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Old 12-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Nobility

I expect,
Margrethe: Pearl Poire Tiara
Mary: Danish Ruby Tiara
Marie: Floral Tiara

but I wish,
Margrethe: Danish Emerald Tiara
Mary: Midnight Tiara
Marie: Amethysts Lilies Tiara
not so realistic (especially for Mary and Marie) but I just want to see something fresh/new.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

As much as I miss seeing the midnight and the amethyst lily tiara, both are only on permanent loan from jewelers. At such a highly official occasion at the New Year Gala, they won't wear loaned jewels, I guess. Marie has worn her tiara at one State Banquet, I think, but Mary has only worn the midnight tiara at private birthdays and weddings.

But yes, I understand that this is your wish. And I also have a wish that is not very realistic: I'd like to see Crown Princess Masako with her wedding tiara. She hasn't worn it for tooooo looong.

Old 12-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Majesty

My guesses for the Iceland state visit:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden fringe
Madeleine: aquamarine kokosnik
Sofia: wedding tiara

My guesses for the Spanish state visit to Moracco:

Letizia: floral tiara
Old 12-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Aristocracy

I dont think we will see a Tiara on Queen Letizia during the state visit to Morocco. Queen Sofia wore just a long dress and a necklace and a brooch during their state visit back in 2005. In my opinion Letizia follows into Sofias footsteps. she wore no tiara to republic state visits, or countrys no tiaras are worn, like morocco. I hope Letizia will wear a Tiara, but i doubt it.

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id108398333
Old 12-20-2017, 02:11 AM
Nobility

Let's hope Letizia will bring some gorgeous massive necklace/earrings/bracelet/brooch from the Spanish vault.

Are there any other confirmed state visits between monarchies in 2018?
Old 12-23-2017, 04:49 PM
Royal Highness

My tiara guess/wish for January

Denmark:
Queen: Pearl Tiara/ Emerald Tiara
Mary: Ruby Tiara/ wedding tiara with pearls
Marie: wedding tiara/ anything but the wedding tiara

Japan:
Masako: Sunburst tiara/ wedding tiara
-everyone else their usual tiaras, Empress no tiara

Spanish State Visit to Morocco:
Queen Letizia: no tiara/ wedding tiara
Princess Lalla Salma: no tiara/ wedding tiara

State Visit from Iceland to Sweden:
Queen: Nine Prong Tiara/ Cameo Tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara/ Connaught Tiara
Sofia: Wedding Tiara with Pearls/ large Cut Steel Tiara
Madeline: Wedding Tiara/ large Aquamarine Tiara
Old 12-27-2017, 07:28 AM
Nobility

State Visit from Iceland to Sweden:

I expect Silvia in Nine Prong (typical choice), and I am wishing for the Connaught or the Ruby.

Baden for Victoria, we haven't seen Baden for a long time right? Of course I don't mind she surprises us again like the last time in Nobel

Madeleine participated in the state visit from Canada in February but at that time Victoria was not here (in holiday?) so I guess she was only deputy (?). And also considering she is in pregnant, I don't think Madeleine will join the state visit this time.

Wedding tiara (emerald setting) or 4 buttons for Sofia.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:44 AM
Courtier

So some guesses from my side.

New Years Banquet in Copenhagen:
Queen Margrethe - Would be nice to see the Emeralds again.
Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies as usual (I like that)
Princess Marie - Her floral tiara (don't like that as much)

Icelandic State visit to Sweden:
Queen Silvia - As it is a state visit from a Nordic Head of state it is seen as very important. I guess it could be the Leuchtenberg Sapphires, but would love to see the Cameo again.
Crown Princess Victoria - I both think and wish it is time for the Baden Fringe.
Princess Sofia - The Large Cut Steel tiara would be nice.
Princess Madeleine - I don't think she will attend due to her pregnancy, but if she does her Modern Fringe is most likely.
Princess Christina - She might attend, especially if Madeleine doesn't, and she could opt for the 6-Button.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Icelandic State visit to Sweden:
Queen Silvia - Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - Large Cut Steel Tiara (because I want her to repeat the gorgeous look from Nobel 2016, this tiara with that beautiful H&M gown)
Princess Sofia - Six Button Tiara
Old 01-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

Sadly Crown Princess Victoria has cancelled her engagements for today due to a severe cold so we won't see her tonight :( But Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson attended the lunch earlier today so i guess she will be present for the Dinner tonight too :)

My guess for tonight

The Queen : Nine Prong Tiara

Princess Sofia : Wedding Tiara with Pearls

Princess Christina Mrs Magnuson : Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara or the small Cut Steel Tiara.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Tiaras tonight, queen Silvia with Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
https://media.shootitlive.com/7wCrzJ...lapictures/138
https://media.shootitlive.com/LO9it6...lapictures/138
Old 01-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Serene Highness

I love the sapphires to that red dress 💙❤️ Nice to see Princess Sofia using her wedding tiara with the pearls. That tiara is so much better now !

Apprently no Princess Christina and Tord Magnuson present...
Old 01-28-2018, 04:12 AM
Majesty

It would be great to see Catherine get a serious necklace (Nizam?) out for the official dinner in Norway this week. Other potential contenders could be the emerald and diamond necklace unseen so far; the accompanying (I presume!) earrings and bracelet were seen in NY in Dec 2014 at a fund raiser for St Andrews university.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It would be great to see Catherine get a serious necklace (Nizam?) out for the official dinner in Norway this week. Other potential contenders could be the emerald and diamond necklace unseen so far; the accompanying (I presume!) earrings and bracelet were seen in NY in Dec 2014 at a fund raiser for St Andrews university.
I hope Catherine repeats the Greville Ruby Necklace. Perhaps with a strapless red dress. Add HM Wedding Gift Bracelet I'll be ecstatic!!!
Old 01-28-2018, 06:48 AM
Majesty

Being pregnant will factor into type of dress she wears (Catherine) ...I don't expect anything to daring (plunging necklines).

I would love to see the Nizam or the Greville emeralds. But we might just see something like she wore more recently, one of those diamond collette necklaces.

LaRae
Old 01-28-2018, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

The pearl choker she has worn in November would also be a nice choice.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Nobility

I think Kate won't wear necklace......maybe just earrings and bracelet (the pearls from Diana?). Actually I'm more interested about what would the Norwegian (especially Sonja) wear . Can Sonja repeat her emerald beads necklace again? She wore that for Charles and Camilla's visit in 2012. It's a lovely modern piece and I don't think there is any ladies who wear emerald better than Sonja. I would like to see her pearl strands choker too but I don't think she'll pick such grand piece for this dinner. Mette-Marit, I guess she won't wear necklace (she is not a fans of this I think?), but I wish she brings out the Vifte (in necklace form of course) again.