Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The birthday Gala for Crown Prince Frederik will be interesting. From Princess Benedikte's tiaras the pearl and star tiara and her floral tiara are displayed in a new exhibtion at Koldinghus. So far only the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg fringe tiara remain for her to use if she attends. But wonder what will her daugters wera if they attend. Also displayed there is Khedive of Egypt tiara, the Naasut tiara and Crown Princess Mary's modern tiara.

The birthday Gala for Crown Prince Frederik will be interesting. From Princess Benedikte's tiaras the pearl and star tiara and her floral tiara are displayed in a new exhibtion at Koldinghus. So far only the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg fringe tiara remain for her to use if she attends. But wonder what will her daugters wera if they attend. Also displayed there is Khedive of Egypt tiara, the Naasut tiara and Crown Princess Mary's modern tiara.

Here are my guesses:

QM: Emeralds or Pearls
Mary: Rubies
Marie: Usual tiara
Benedikte: Fringe
Anne-Marie: Emeralds or Rubies

That kind of confirms my suspicion that the BD gala will be black tie without tiaras. I think that tiara galas will be restricted to the monarch's birthdays. And given Prince Henrik's recent death, a toned down dress code also makes sense.

But I'd love to be proven wrong! Remember that Queen Margrethe once loaned her turquoise tiara to Theodora? Princess Nathalie already worn the Danisch floral tiara once for Princess Märtha-Louise's wedding, and Princess Alexandra has borrowed the Baden palmette tiara for Queen Marghrethe's 60th BD. (Although in the latter case Queen Ingrid was still alive and the palmette might have been a loan from her and not from Marghrete.) Bases on these cases, I had long hoped that Margrethe would loan her minor tiara occasionally to her daughters-in-law.

Based on the assumption that all Greek princesses attend with a tiara, it's also interesting what Theodora and Tatiana will do, because only one of them can wear the antique corsage tiara and the other one has to borrow something else.

In my opinion the choice of venue, Riddersalen at Christiansborg, means that this is a very much official event with uniforms/white tie and tiaras. If they would have liked a more low-key celebration they could have settled with family and friends at Fredensborg as they have done with previous birthdays. Anyway... I hope it will be a white tie and tiara affair. The invitations must have reached the press by now (the Swedish PM's invitation is almost always mentioned in the tabloids for Swedish Royal events.

My guesses/wishes:
Queen Margrethe - The Pearl Poire Tiara
Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies
Princess Mary - Diamond Floral Tiara
Princess Benedikte - The Fringe Tiara
Queen Anne-Marie - The Emeralds
Princess Elizabeth - The Sapphire Tiara
Queen Silvia - Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara

In my opinion the choice of venue, Riddersalen at Christiansborg, means that this is a very much official event with uniforms/white tie and tiaras. If they would have liked a more low-key celebration they could have settled with family and friends at Fredensborg as they have done with previous birthdays. Anyway... I hope it will be a white tie and tiara affair. The invitations must have reached the press by now (the Swedish PM's invitation is almost always mentioned in the tabloids for Swedish Royal events.

My guesses/wishes:
Queen Margrethe - The Pearl Poire Tiara
Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies
Princess Mary - Diamond Floral Tiara
Princess Benedikte - The Fringe Tiara
Queen Anne-Marie - The Emeralds
Princess Elizabeth - The Sapphire Tiara
Queen Silvia - Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara

I think you mean Marie:whistling:

Thats waht i think to and if i remember it right for his 18th birthday there was also a white tie Gala Dinner at Christanborg. But i don't know if also foreign Royal attended back then.

There will a French state visit to Denmark in August. Maybe it will be a tiara event?

I'd imagine it will be as the Queen is hosting it .

State Banquets in Denmark have always been white tie so far, so we can count on tiaras.

My guesses:
Queen Margrethe: her beloved floral aigrette
CP Mary: her new favourite, the ruby and spinel tiara
Princess Marie: her floral diamond tiara
Princess Benedikte: (I hope she attends as well) the Berleburg fringe

State Banquets in Denmark have always been white tie so far, so we can count on tiaras.

My guesses:
Queen Margrethe: her beloved floral aigrette
CP Mary: her new favourite, the ruby and spinel tiara
Princess Marie: her floral diamond tiara
Princess Benedikte: (I hope she attends as well) the Berleburg fringe
My thoughts:

QM: Pearl Poire or Floral aigrette
Mary: Wedding tiara (Imo, unlikely to wear the spinel tiara to a state banquet )

My thoughts:

Mary: Wedding tiara (Imo, unlikely to wear the spinel tiara to a state banquet )

She has already worn it at State Banquets.

State Visit from Mexico in April 2016.
... and from Iceland in January 2017.

Actually, she hasn't worn her wedding tiara since she debuted the ruby-spinel tiara. I hope she doesn't retire it completely, because I'm very fond of diversity. But I assume that she has worn the wedding tiara so often, that for now she still enjoys the novelty of her new tiara.

... and from Iceland in January 2017.

Actually, she hasn't worn her wedding tiara since she debuted the ruby-spinel tiara. I hope she doesn't retire it completely, because I'm very fond of diversity. But I assume that she has worn the wedding tiara so often, that for now she still enjoys the novelty of her new tiara.

She should wear the wedding tiara as necklace again. She did so once and it looked great that way.

If the gala on H.R.H Crown Prince Frederik's 50:th birthday is a tiara event (it is impossible to imagine Daisy hosting a gala Dinner without bling bling. She LOVES it) this is my bid.

H.M The Queen : Floral Aigrette Tiara and Diamonds from the Crown Jewels at Rosenborg Castle.

H.R.H The Crown Princess : The Ruby Parure or the Wedding Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Marie : Princess Dagmar's Floral Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Elisabeth : Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara.

Countess Susie : Queen Alexandrine's Fringe Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Benedikte : Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Fringe Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Alexandra : ?

H.R.H Princess Nathalie : ?

(Dunno what they would wear if they attend with 2 of Benedikte's 3 tiaras being in Kolding. Maybe Daisy will give them something to wear for the night ? Or maybe the their fathers family have something we haven't seen for a long time ?)

Ms Carina Axelsson : Her private Diamond tiara.

H.M Queen Anne-Marie : Greek Olive Tree Ruby Parure.

H.R.H Crown Princess Marie-Chantal : Miller Fringe Tiara.

H.R.H Princess Alexia : Her Wedding Diamond tiara.

H.R.H Princess Tatijana : Maybe she will loan the Diamond tiara from Bulgari again ?

H.R.H Princess Theodora : Antique Corsage Tiara.

H.M The Queen of Sweden : Connaught Diamond Tiara or Baden Fringe Tiara.

H.R.H The Crown Princess of Sweden : Princess Lilian's Laurel Wreath Tiara.

If the Norwegian Royals are in attendance

H.M The Queen of Norway : Queen Maud's Pearl and Diamond Tiara (Replica)

H.R.H The Crown Princess of Norway : Vifte Tiara (would love to see it as a tiara again)

If the Crown Prince's birthday is a tiara event:

Margrethe: floral tiara
Mary: ruby tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Lilian's tiara
Sonja: pearl tiara
Mette Marit: wedding tiara

Aa for the greeks perhaps Princess Maria Olympia is also invited. If yes she will probably wear the Miller fringe tiara as it was a gift to her from her maternal grandparents. That way Marie Chantal would probably wear the big diamond tiara from Queen Friederike. As for Princess Theodora and Prccness Tatiana i hope that one of them would wear the circle tiara which was worn by Princess Irene in her younger years and was last seen worn by Infanta Elena in 1993.

As for Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Beleburg. Perhaps she will loan a tiara from her new partner who is a danish Count if there is one in his his Family. .

I hope

Margrethe: Pearl Poire tiara
Mary: Necklace tiara
Marie: Floral tiara (I will be surprised and happy if she wears other pieces)
Benedikte: Fringe tiara
Alexandra/Nathalie: Palmette tiara?
Anne-Marie: Emerald parure
Sonja: Maud Pearl tiara
Mette Marit: Vifte tiara
Silvia: Nine Prong tiara
Victoria: Amethyst parure or Connaught tiara

Last edited:
Sorry for being the spoil-sport. But at Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday, the gala dinner that include foreign royals (was it at Frederiksborg?) was without tiaras, to everyone's surprise. Only the gala dinner at Christiansborg for the official Denmark included tiaras. So I'll keep my expectations low.

Sorry for being the spoil-sport. But at Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday, the gala dinner that include foreign royals (was it at Frederiksborg?) was without tiaras, to everyone's surprise. Only the gala dinner at Christiansborg for the official Denmark included tiaras. So I'll keep my expectations low.

But there also foreign Royals present at the Gala Dinner at Christiansborg. And the Dinner at Fredensborg was private we only got pictures from the arrival of the guests nothing from inside (usually we get some pics from the speeches also at the private Dinners).

Last edited:

It was at Fredensborg but i don't think it was a gala dinner. According to the program it was just a "middag" (informal dinner). But the "Gallataffel" at Christiansborg definitely included both tiaras and foreign royals.

The event at The Crown Prince's 50:th Birthday is a "Gallataffel" and held at Christiansborg with foreign royals so i expect full splendour.

Attachments

• IMG_3301.jpg
    IMG_3301.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

You probably mean Fredensborg? That was, according to the official programme, a "dinner" (middag) of a more private nature for family and close friends while the one at Christiansborg was a "gala banquet" (galataffel) for the official Denmark.

On the Crown Prince's birthday, it's also a gala banquet (galataffel).

Could be, that there is a private party at some point.

Last edited:
Thats waht i think to and if i remember it right for his 18th birthday there was also a white tie Gala Dinner at Christanborg. But i don't know if also foreign Royal attended back then.

His 18:th birthday was definitely a white tie event.

Attachments

• IMG_3302.JPG
    IMG_3302.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 113
Both of the sons of Queen Margrethe's had white-tie occasions for their eighteenth birthday. I don't believe any foreign royal's were present for Frederik's birthday, however, Crown Prince Harald of Norway (now King Harald) was present at Joachim's. At Frederik's gala dinner, there were, indeed, tiaras. At Joachim's there were no tiaras even though it was white-tie.

My final guesses for the Dutch state visit to Luxembourg:

Maxima: Large pearl tiara
Maria Teresa: Large floral tiara
Stephanie: Adelaide sapphire tiara
Claire: Topaz tiara
Alexandra: Small floral tiara

Maxima: I agree about the Württemberg pearl tiara. I think that Maxima will go big, but she'll leave the debut of the house diamond tiara for an incoming royal visit.
Maria Theresa: I think it's time for MT to bring out the empire tiara again, it hasn't been seen since 2011.
Stephanie: She hasn't debuted a first-time tiara for a few years, so I think she will now. My guess: the criss-cross choker tiara that Alexandra wore in Japan.
Claire & Alexandra: As I hope for more first-timers I'll say she wears the small floral tiara and Alexandra the laurel sapphire bandeau. But it might also be the other way round.

You all got me really excited about Frederik's birthday.
If the midnight tiara were not in the exhibition, I'd bet on that one. But so it's probably her new tiara.
Marie: might wear the lily tiara once again, a private celebration is perfect for that

But what I really want to see is Queen Alexandrine's sapphire tiara on one of Countess Dorthe's daughters. Do you think that the Rosenborg cousins will get invited?

So with a bit of luck we will see Maxima 5 times with a tiara within the next 3 weeks, tonight in Luxembourg, if they attend Frederik''s birthday next Saturday and hopefully she will and in June during the State visits to the Baltic states...

I think the Stuart tiara is a larger possibility than usual. Obvious events for an re-introduction would be a state visit to the UK or a big birthday/ anniversary.

There are no big tiara events expected in the Netherlands in the next (15?) years, especially now the King's birthday did not seem to be upgraded to a tiara event, which likely will be repeated during other personal celebrations.

A state visit to the UK is unlikely to happen in the next 5 years at the very least. A return visit can only take place after that and is unlikely to take place during the present reign in the UK.

A visit to the other branch of the Nassau family, to a grand duchy that was once ruled by the house of Orange is also 'special'. Queen Juliana and Beatrix always treated it as such, perhaps the king will do so too. Perhaps it is the 'best' scenario for such an introduction if we exclude the possibilities listed above. If the queen intends to ever wear the piece at all.

The queen has slowly introduced the devant corsage and the necklace. Perhaps it is time for the rest of the parure now. All other disappeared items from the collection have been re-introduced as well, including the peacock tiara and necklace, the big bow brooches etc.

Bumping my own prediction for the Luxembourg visit. :whistling:?:lol:

What a wonderful surprise!

My predictions for the Baltics:

Emeralds for Lithuania
Small sapphire for Estonia
Rubies (peacock?) for Latvia

Bumping my own prediction for the Luxembourg visit. :whistling:?:lol:

What a wonderful surprise!

My predictions for the Baltics:

Emeralds for Lithuania
Small sapphire for Estonia
Rubies (peacock?) for Latvia
You get a big pad on the shoulder for this prediction. :flowers::D:D:D:D
Points are taken off for not predicting the changed version. :)hiding: Oh, just kidding.)

I got Stephanie's tiara right, btw.

But I wonder why you didn't see big events coming up in the Netherlands? Now that the first State Visits abroad are done, the return visits will have to start. There are bound to be some incoming SV's from other monarchs soon. Maybe those will be the right occasions for the full setting with Stuart diamond and all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom