The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Sorry for being the spoil-sport. But at Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday, the gala dinner that include foreign royals (was it at Frederiksborg?) was without tiaras, to everyone's surprise. Only the gala dinner at Christiansborg for the official Denmark included tiaras. So I'll keep my expectations low.
But there also foreign Royals present at the Gala Dinner at Christiansborg. And the Dinner at Fredensborg was private we only got pictures from the arrival of the guests nothing from inside (usually we get some pics from the speeches also at the private Dinners).

Old 05-12-2018, 07:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Sorry for being the spoil-sport. But at Queen Margrethe's 75th Birthday, the gala dinner that include foreign royals (was it at Frederiksborg?) was without tiaras, to everyone's surprise. Only the gala dinner at Christiansborg for the official Denmark included tiaras. So I'll keep my expectations low.
It was at Fredensborg but i don't think it was a gala dinner. According to the program it was just a "middag" (informal dinner). But the "Gallataffel" at Christiansborg definitely included both tiaras and foreign royals.

The event at The Crown Prince's 50:th Birthday is a "Gallataffel" and held at Christiansborg with foreign royals so i expect full splendour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3301.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	133.5 KB
ID:	301273  

Old 05-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:

You probably mean Fredensborg? That was, according to the official programme, a "dinner" (middag) of a more private nature for family and close friends while the one at Christiansborg was a "gala banquet" (galataffel) for the official Denmark.

On the Crown Prince's birthday, it's also a gala banquet (galataffel).

Could be, that there is a private party at some point.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Thats waht i think to and if i remember it right for his 18th birthday there was also a white tie Gala Dinner at Christanborg. But i don't know if also foreign Royal attended back then.
His 18:th birthday was definitely a white tie event.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3302.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	301274  
Old 05-12-2018, 11:29 AM
Courtier

Both of the sons of Queen Margrethe's had white-tie occasions for their eighteenth birthday. I don't believe any foreign royal's were present for Frederik's birthday, however, Crown Prince Harald of Norway (now King Harald) was present at Joachim's. At Frederik's gala dinner, there were, indeed, tiaras. At Joachim's there were no tiaras even though it was white-tie.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

My final guesses for the Dutch state visit to Luxembourg:

Maxima: Large pearl tiara
Maria Teresa: Large floral tiara
Stephanie: Adelaide sapphire tiara
Claire: Topaz tiara
Alexandra: Small floral tiara
Old 05-18-2018, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Maxima: I agree about the Württemberg pearl tiara. I think that Maxima will go big, but she'll leave the debut of the house diamond tiara for an incoming royal visit.
Maria Theresa: I think it's time for MT to bring out the empire tiara again, it hasn't been seen since 2011.
Stephanie: She hasn't debuted a first-time tiara for a few years, so I think she will now. My guess: the criss-cross choker tiara that Alexandra wore in Japan.
Claire & Alexandra: As I hope for more first-timers I'll say she wears the small floral tiara and Alexandra the laurel sapphire bandeau. But it might also be the other way round.

You all got me really excited about Frederik's birthday.
If the midnight tiara were not in the exhibition, I'd bet on that one. But so it's probably her new tiara.
Marie: might wear the lily tiara once again, a private celebration is perfect for that

But what I really want to see is Queen Alexandrine's sapphire tiara on one of Countess Dorthe's daughters. Do you think that the Rosenborg cousins will get invited?
Old 05-23-2018, 09:57 AM
Nobility

So with a bit of luck we will see Maxima 5 times with a tiara within the next 3 weeks, tonight in Luxembourg, if they attend Frederik''s birthday next Saturday and hopefully she will and in June during the State visits to the Baltic states...
Old 05-23-2018, 03:54 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I think the Stuart tiara is a larger possibility than usual. Obvious events for an re-introduction would be a state visit to the UK or a big birthday/ anniversary.

There are no big tiara events expected in the Netherlands in the next (15?) years, especially now the King's birthday did not seem to be upgraded to a tiara event, which likely will be repeated during other personal celebrations.

A state visit to the UK is unlikely to happen in the next 5 years at the very least. A return visit can only take place after that and is unlikely to take place during the present reign in the UK.

A visit to the other branch of the Nassau family, to a grand duchy that was once ruled by the house of Orange is also 'special'. Queen Juliana and Beatrix always treated it as such, perhaps the king will do so too. Perhaps it is the 'best' scenario for such an introduction if we exclude the possibilities listed above. If the queen intends to ever wear the piece at all.

The queen has slowly introduced the devant corsage and the necklace. Perhaps it is time for the rest of the parure now. All other disappeared items from the collection have been re-introduced as well, including the peacock tiara and necklace, the big bow brooches etc.
Bumping my own prediction for the Luxembourg visit.

What a wonderful surprise!

My predictions for the Baltics:

Emeralds for Lithuania
Small sapphire for Estonia
Rubies (peacock?) for Latvia
Old 05-23-2018, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Bumping my own prediction for the Luxembourg visit.

What a wonderful surprise!

My predictions for the Baltics:

Emeralds for Lithuania
Small sapphire for Estonia
Rubies (peacock?) for Latvia
You get a big pad on the shoulder for this prediction.
Points are taken off for not predicting the changed version. ( Oh, just kidding.)

I got Stephanie's tiara right, btw.

But I wonder why you didn't see big events coming up in the Netherlands? Now that the first State Visits abroad are done, the return visits will have to start. There are bound to be some incoming SV's from other monarchs soon. Maybe those will be the right occasions for the full setting with Stuart diamond and all?
Old 05-23-2018, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I actually ended the prediction by saying that the Sapphire or the Wurttemberg would still be more likely than the Stuart. But who is counting? .

With big events I meant the kind of events where there is lots of foreign royalty with tiaras and such. A rarity here in the Netherlands - as opposed to Scandinavia.

The first monarchy (apart from Jordan) that will perhaps visit the Netherlands will likely be either the King of Spain or the Queen of Denmark. I don't expect that the present emperor of Japan will visit Europe / The Netherlands again for a SV.

A SV from Queen Margrethe II -IF it ever happens- would be a nice occassion to show the entire tiara. HM's godmother is certainly somebody who can appreciate it.

For the Dutch King perhaps a visit to Sweden is a likely thing these next years or perhaps a visit to a monarchy in the Middle East.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
My guesses/wishes:
Queen Margrethe - The Pearl Poire Tiara
Crown Princess Mary - The Rubies
Princess Marie - Diamond Floral Tiara
Princess Benedikte - The Fringe Tiara
Queen Anne-Marie - The Emeralds
Princess Elizabeth - The Sapphire Tiara
Queen Silvia - Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe Tiara
Maybe it is time to complete the guesses for tomorrow...
Queen Maxima - Mellerio Ruby Tiara
Queen Mathilde - Nine Province Tiara, only the base
Grand Duchess Maria Teresa - Chaumet Emerald Tiara
Old 05-25-2018, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

More guesses for the birthday gala

Mathilde: wolfers tiara
Maria Teresa: large floral tiara
Stephanie: butterfly tiara
Maxima: antique pearl tiara
Old 05-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder if Crown Princess Marie Chantal will wear her Fringe Tiara or the Queen Sophia’s Diamond Tiara?

8th of January,2020 -Death of HRH The Infanta Doña Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz,Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Old 05-26-2018, 01:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder if Crown Princess Marie Chantal will wear her Fringe Tiara or the Queen Sophia’s Diamond Tiara?

If Princess Maria Olympia attend's it would expect her to wear the fringe tiara because it is said that it was a gift to her, That leaves the question what maire Chantal then wears. Either she wears Queens Sophie's diamond tiara or Queen Anne-Marie loans her one of her tiaras.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator

I think that MC will wear the big diamond tiara again, if MO gives her tiara debut today. But have Theodora and Tatiana been seen in Denmark already? Because, if they don't attend, Mario Olympia could also wear the antique corsage tiara.

Another big question is: will Nathalie and Alexandra Berleburg attend, and if yes, what will they wear? The Berleburg star tiara and the floral tiara are currently exhibited. Would it be possible to take the jewels out of the exhibition for one night? Or does that mean, that they won't attend? Or that we won't see any tiaras after all?
Old 05-26-2018, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think that MC will wear the big diamond tiara again, if MO gives her tiara debut today. But have Theodora and Tatiana been seen in Denmark already? Because, if they don't attend, Mario Olympia could also wear the antique corsage tiara.

Another big question is: will Nathalie and Alexandra Berleburg attend, and if yes, what will they wear? The Berleburg star tiara and the floral tiara are currently exhibited. Would it be possible to take the jewels out of the exhibition for one night? Or does that mean, that they won't attend? Or that we won't see any tiaras after all?

As for Alexandra perhaps her new partner's Family has a tiara which she could borrow.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I am sure tiaras can be retrieved for one evening from the exhibition.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for upcoming events

Swedish dinner

Silvia: nine prong tiara
Victoria: Lilian's tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara

Luxembourg national day gala:

Maria Teresa: scroll tiara
Stephanie: butterfly tiara
Claire: sapphire tiara
Alexandra: small floral tiara