The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2018, 02:16 PM
Majesty

I get that when a president visits, its black tie. But it seems that it is quite common when a king/queen visit Japan, there is at least one tiara event. Different if say CP Victoria went to Japan.

Unless I am mistaken in believing these are not official visits.

Most recently Alexandra of Luxembourg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5d/9b...f635f3c671.jpg

Maxima
State Visit Jewels: Dutch Visit to Japan | The Court Jeweller

Mathilde
Queen Mathilde of Belgium dazzles in a tiara packed with 200 diamonds in Tokyo | Daily Mail Online

Silvia back on a state visit to Japan in 2007
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/826058756624060169/

Sofia
Empress Michiko in King Juan Carlos And Queen Sofia Of Spain Visit Japan - Day2 - Zimbio

Letizia
State Banquet - Visit of King Felipe and Queen Letizia to Japan | Newmyroyals & Hollywood Fashion

Sonja
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/6b/a4...4aebb53a07.jpg

It seems it would be surprising if there wasn't a tiara event. Unless there isn't an official state dinner on this visit. Silvia wore a tiara in Japan last time.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Afaik, all those visits you quoted were fully fledged State Visits, while the upcoming visit merely is an official visit. There will be less pomp and circumstance in an official visit and probably only a black tie gala dinner instead of a white tie state banquet.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

The swedish royal court updated their calendar yesterday. There will be an official dinner at the Royal Palace on the 31st May. The king, queen, crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel, prince Carl Philip and princess Sofia attend. So tiaras to be seen there.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think there'll be tiaras in Japan. Dinner might be limited to King Carl Gustaf, Queen Silvia, Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko.

2007 was a state visit so tiaras, banquet, and all. King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited Japan in 2012 and there was a dinner with the Imperial couple but I haven't seen photos. Doubt that was a tiara event.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The swedish royal court updated their calendar yesterday. There will be an official dinner at the Royal Palace on the 31st May. The king, queen, crown princess Victoria, prince Daniel, prince Carl Philip and princess Sofia attend. So tiaras to be seen there.
That was about time. I have been waiting for this first Official dinner of the year. The last day of May is the very late, but at least it will give us tiaras. So it is okey if there is no tiaras in Japan.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

My guess for upcoming Tiara Events.
For the Commonwealth Dinner ( in the case we have Tiaras)
Queen Elizabeth II Sapphire Tiara.
Duchess Camilla Boucheron Tiara

In May we might see a Tiara on Queen Elizabeth II during "order of the bath" held all 4 years last time 2014. I think she might wear Girls of Great Bitain and Ireland. http://queensjewelvault.blogspot.de/...h-service.html

Dinner in Sweden
Q.Silvia 9 Prong
CP. Victoria Baden Fringe
P.Sofia her wedding Tiara with pearls.

my guess for dutch state visit to:
Lithuania. I think there is a little chance to see a small tiara ( swedish state visit to Lithuania 2015 was black tie no Tiaras)
Queen emma diamond Tiara.
Estonia. I think we will see a Tiara. Beatrix wore the pearl button in 2008. Diamond Bandeau -- http://gpdhome.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...bbf0970c-400wi
Lativa. maybe the peacock. beatrix wore the big sapphire in 2006
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7&d=1148376499
(the swedish state visit 2014 was black tie no tiaras)
Old 04-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

My tiara guess/wish for April:

Commonwealth Dinner
Queen Elizabeth - Girls of GB and Ireland / Queen Mary’s fringe
Duchess Camilla - Boucheron Honeycomb / The Teck Crescent

Portuguese State Visit to Spain
Queen Letizia – Floral tiara / wedding tiara
Queen Sofia - The Niarchos Rubies / Shell tiara
Old 04-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the commonwealth dinner

Elizabeth: fringe tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara

Swedish dinner in may:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Lilian's tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara
Old 04-09-2018, 07:23 AM
Royal Highness

Commonwealth dinner

HM - Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik
DoCwl - Boucheron
Old 04-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Members of the royal family in attendance will include the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince Harry, the Duke of York, Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie, the Princess Royal, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence, the Earl and Countess of Wessex, the Duke of Kent, the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, Princess Alexandra and Princess Michael of Kent.
Will this be the first time we will see Beatrice and Eugenie with tiara?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Wow, Beatrice and Eugenie will be at the gala dinner? I really do hope that they will wear tiaras and that the press will have the opportunity to picture all the attendants. What a pity that Kate is not on the list, but I guess that's due to the birth being soon.

My guess is, that Beatrice borrows her mother's tiara, and Eugenie gets a loaner from the Queen, perhaps the sapphire bandeau? It's also exciting to see the Duchess of Kent, who rarely attends formal events these days.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It's also exciting to see the Duchess of Kent, who rarely attends formal events these days.
Are you sure the Duchess will attend? There is only announcement of the Duke's appearance
Old 04-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Courtier

If this guest list is correct, the CHOGM Queen's Banquet is shaping up to be one of the biggest tiara events in Britain in recent memory, I hope there are lots of pictures!

Queen Elizabeth - Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Duchess Camilla - Greville Tiara / Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara
Princess Anne - Meander Tiara
Princess Beatrice - York Tiara
Princess Eugenie - Strathmore Rose Tiara (mounted on a base)
Countess Sophie - Five Aquamarine Tiara
Duchess of Gloucester - Cartier Indian Tiara or Teck Turquoise Tiara
Princess Alexandra - The Ogilvy Tiara
Princess Michael of Kent - Kent City of London Fringe Tiara
Old 04-12-2018, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
My tiara guess/wish for April:

Commonwealth Dinner
Queen Elizabeth - Girls of GB and Ireland / Queen Mary’s fringe
Duchess Camilla - Boucheron Honeycomb / The Teck Crescent

Portuguese State Visit to Spain
Queen Letizia – Floral tiara / wedding tiara
Queen Sofia - The Niarchos Rubies / Shell tiara
I wouldn’t Normally expect Queen Sofia to attend, but, after the Mallorca incident on Easter Sunday, she might. Since it is a visit by the HoS of a fellow Iberian country, there is a chance Letizia might wear the Grand Fleur de Lys whereas Sofia, if she attends, might wear Queen Ena’s Pearls and Diamond tiara
Old 04-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Nobility

My guess for tiaras for Beatrice and Eugenie at the Commonwealth Dinner will be none. No tiaras. Lady Gabriella Windsor was at a dinner held for King Felipe and Queen Letizia last year and although most other ladies of the family had tiaras, Gabriella did not. And her family has at least 3. So again, I'm going to guess that the York girls will be tiara-free at the dinner. (I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
My guess for tiaras for Beatrice and Eugenie at the Commonwealth Dinner will be none. No tiaras. Lady Gabriella Windsor was at a dinner held for King Felipe and Queen Letizia last year and although most other ladies of the family had tiaras, Gabriella did not. And her family has at least 3. So again, I'm going to guess that the York girls will be tiara-free at the dinner. (I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.)
I agree. Tweeted the same and used Gabriella as an example yesterday. Added to that the dinner is black-tie so apart from the senior royal ladies I doubt we'll see tiaras. Though here's hoping.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Are you sure the Duchess will attend? There is only announcement of the Duke's appearance
Eeehmm... no. Sorry, I read to quickly and added some wishful thinking. But the Duches of Kent seems not on the guest list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
If this guest list is correct, the CHOGM Queen's Banquet is shaping up to be one of the biggest tiara events in Britain in recent memory, I hope there are lots of pictures!

It will we very interesting to see if all these ladies are going to wear tiaras. Usually, the dress code is black tie. The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall usually wear tiaras. But will the other royal ladies do so as well, even including the York Princesses? I fear that tiaras will be reserved to the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall.
So my guess is the kokoshnik for the Queen and the honeycomb tiara for Camilla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I wouldn’t Normally expect Queen Sofia to attend, but, after the Mallorca incident on Easter Sunday, she might. Since it is a visit by the HoS of a fellow Iberian country, there is a chance Letizia might wear the Grand Fleur de Lys whereas Sofia, if she attends, might wear Queen Ena’s Pearls and Diamond tiara
I think that Portugal is a special case, because of the close ties between the two countries, and because King Juan Carlos lived there in exile.
My guess is that Queen Letizia will wear the floral tiara, but I hope for one of the two pearl tiaras which she hasn't worn before. And if Queen Sofia attends, my guess would be the ruby tiara, but I hope for the Mellerio shell tiara.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

At the last Portuguese State Visit the Infantas Elena/Cristina/Pilar and Margarita all attended so we could see Elena too there with her mother next week.

My guess is Queen Letizia the Floral Tiara ,Queen Sofia Prussian Tiara and if Infanta Elena is attending it will be her Marichalar tiara.
Old 04-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

There will be a Galamiddag for Crown Prince Frederike's 50th birthday at Christiansborg. That means very likely tiaras.
And it could be that ome other royal like the swedish and norwgian Crown Princely Couples attend as they did that also on his 40th birthday which was smaller celebrated.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I agree. Tweeted the same and used Gabriella as an example yesterday. Added to that the dinner is black-tie so apart from the senior royal ladies I doubt we'll see tiaras. Though here's hoping.
I hope that either all the royal ladies at the Commonwealth dinner wear tiaras or none. They all have some smaller tiaras they can use. As for Lady gabriella at the spanish State visit perhaps it was because she herself is no royal and the 2 tiaras her parents have are bigger tiaras.