Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Beatrice and Eugenie will be at the gala dinner? I really do hope that they will wear tiaras and that the press will have the opportunity to picture all the attendants. What a pity that Kate is not on the list, but I guess that's due to the birth being soon.

My guess is, that Beatrice borrows her mother's tiara, and Eugenie gets a loaner from the Queen, perhaps the sapphire bandeau? It's also exciting to see the Duchess of Kent, who rarely attends formal events these days.

It's also exciting to see the Duchess of Kent, who rarely attends formal events these days.

Are you sure the Duchess will attend? There is only announcement of the Duke's appearance :sad:

If this guest list is correct, the CHOGM Queen's Banquet is shaping up to be one of the biggest tiara events in Britain in recent memory, I hope there are lots of pictures!

Queen Elizabeth - Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Duchess Camilla - Greville Tiara / Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara
Princess Anne - Meander Tiara
Princess Beatrice - York Tiara
Princess Eugenie - Strathmore Rose Tiara (mounted on a base)
Countess Sophie - Five Aquamarine Tiara
Duchess of Gloucester - Cartier Indian Tiara or Teck Turquoise Tiara
Princess Alexandra - The Ogilvy Tiara
Princess Michael of Kent - Kent City of London Fringe Tiara

Last edited:
My tiara guess/wish for April:

Commonwealth Dinner
Queen Elizabeth - Girls of GB and Ireland / Queen Mary’s fringe
Duchess Camilla - Boucheron Honeycomb / The Teck Crescent

Portuguese State Visit to Spain
Queen Letizia – Floral tiara / wedding tiara
Queen Sofia - The Niarchos Rubies / Shell tiara

I wouldn’t Normally expect Queen Sofia to attend, but, after the Mallorca incident on Easter Sunday, she might. Since it is a visit by the HoS of a fellow Iberian country, there is a chance Letizia might wear the Grand Fleur de Lys whereas Sofia, if she attends, might wear Queen Ena’s Pearls and Diamond tiara

My guess for tiaras for Beatrice and Eugenie at the Commonwealth Dinner will be none. No tiaras. Lady Gabriella Windsor was at a dinner held for King Felipe and Queen Letizia last year and although most other ladies of the family had tiaras, Gabriella did not. And her family has at least 3. So again, I'm going to guess that the York girls will be tiara-free at the dinner. (I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.)

My guess for tiaras for Beatrice and Eugenie at the Commonwealth Dinner will be none. No tiaras. Lady Gabriella Windsor was at a dinner held for King Felipe and Queen Letizia last year and although most other ladies of the family had tiaras, Gabriella did not. And her family has at least 3. So again, I'm going to guess that the York girls will be tiara-free at the dinner. (I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.)
I agree. Tweeted the same and used Gabriella as an example yesterday. Added to that the dinner is black-tie so apart from the senior royal ladies I doubt we'll see tiaras. Though here's hoping.

Are you sure the Duchess will attend? There is only announcement of the Duke's appearance :sad:
Eeehmm... no. Sorry, I read to quickly and added some wishful thinking. But the Duches of Kent seems not on the guest list.
If this guest list is correct, the CHOGM Queen's Banquet is shaping up to be one of the biggest tiara events in Britain in recent memory, I hope there are lots of pictures!

It will we very interesting to see if all these ladies are going to wear tiaras. Usually, the dress code is black tie. The Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall usually wear tiaras. But will the other royal ladies do so as well, even including the York Princesses? I fear that tiaras will be reserved to the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall.
So my guess is the kokoshnik for the Queen and the honeycomb tiara for Camilla.
I wouldn’t Normally expect Queen Sofia to attend, but, after the Mallorca incident on Easter Sunday, she might. Since it is a visit by the HoS of a fellow Iberian country, there is a chance Letizia might wear the Grand Fleur de Lys whereas Sofia, if she attends, might wear Queen Ena’s Pearls and Diamond tiara
I think that Portugal is a special case, because of the close ties between the two countries, and because King Juan Carlos lived there in exile.
My guess is that Queen Letizia will wear the floral tiara, but I hope for one of the two pearl tiaras which she hasn't worn before. And if Queen Sofia attends, my guess would be the ruby tiara, but I hope for the Mellerio shell tiara.

At the last Portuguese State Visit the Infantas Elena/Cristina/Pilar and Margarita all attended so we could see Elena too there with her mother next week.

My guess is Queen Letizia the Floral Tiara ,Queen Sofia Prussian Tiara and if Infanta Elena is attending it will be her Marichalar tiara.

Last edited:
There will be a Galamiddag for Crown Prince Frederike's 50th birthday at Christiansborg. That means very likely tiaras.
And it could be that ome other royal like the swedish and norwgian Crown Princely Couples attend as they did that also on his 40th birthday which was smaller celebrated.

I agree. Tweeted the same and used Gabriella as an example yesterday. Added to that the dinner is black-tie so apart from the senior royal ladies I doubt we'll see tiaras. Though here's hoping.

I hope that either all the royal ladies at the Commonwealth dinner wear tiaras or none. They all have some smaller tiaras they can use. As for Lady gabriella at the spanish State visit perhaps it was because she herself is no royal and the 2 tiaras her parents have are bigger tiaras.

This is a great list, but the Cartier Indian Tiara is on exhibit in Australia at the moment so it is not available for The Duchess of Gloucester. I really do hope they all pull out the bling, but I'm not holding my breath. It would be nice to see the York girls' heritage so publicly acknowledged, and maybe even with the RFO but again, I'm not holding my breath. (Unless of course, The Queen wants to make sure B&E get a chance to attend one of these types of events and receive at least one RFO, just in case the rumors of Charles "downsizing" the monarchy in the future are in fact true.)

Commonwealth Dinner
Queen Elizabeth - Girls of GB and Ireland / Queen Mary’s fringe
Duchess Camilla - Boucheron Honeycomb / The Teck Crescent

Adding:
Commonwealth Dinner
Anne - Meander Tiara
Beatrice - York Tiara
Eugenie - Lotus Flower Tiara
Sophie - Five Aquamarine Tiara
Duchess of Gloucester - Gloucester Honeysuckle Tiara with pink topaz
Princess Alexandra - Ogilvy Tiara with turquoise
Princess Michael of Kent - Kent Fringe Tiara

Cartier Indian Tiara is in Australia, so not an option:sad:

(Unless of course, The Queen wants to make sure B&E get a chance to attend one of these types of events and receive at least one RFO, just in case the rumors of Charles "downsizing" the monarchy in the future are in fact true.)

They don’t have to attend tiara events to receive the RFO, the Queen can give it to whoever she wants. Anyway, all royal ladies will definitely attend Charles’s coronation and wear all their orders.

There will be a Galamiddag for Crown Prince Frederike's 50th birthday at Christiansborg. That means very likely tiaras.
And it could be that ome other royal like the swedish and norwgian Crown Princely Couples attend as they did that also on his 40th birthday which was smaller celebrated.
Tiaras would be gorgeous, but it could well be that it's black tie without tiara. Especially when you consider that Prince Henrik recently passed. But I would love to see a great tiara parade, including hopefully the Rosenborg cousins. We haven't seen any of them wearing tiaras for a long time. I wonder if one of the twins would wear their mother's beautiful sapphire tiara. Apart from that I would expect the CP couples from Norway and Sweden, and maybe even the younger siblings.
I hope that either all the royal ladies at the Commonwealth dinner wear tiaras or none. They all have some smaller tiaras they can use. As for Lady gabriella at the spanish State visit perhaps it was because she herself is no royal and the 2 tiaras her parents have are bigger tiaras.
Or maybe Princess Michael doesn't like to share her tiaras? It seemed that Sophie Winkelman only wore an average bridal ornament on her wedding day, and no tiara.
It would really be gorgeous if all ladies wore tiaras. Especially seeing Beatrice and Eugenie wear tiaras for the first time would be breathtaking. I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high, or the disappointment would be really bad.

Let's assume that the two York princesses wear tiaras, which ones could they be? My guess is that Eugenie would borrow from the Queen and leave the York tiara to her sister. That way she can wear her mother's tiara for the first time on her wedding day.

Very impressive guest list!

I might be wrong but won't this be the York girls 1st tiara event?

If they wear a tiara (not sure they will) I think it will be their first public tiara event.

LaRae

Yes, they've definitely never been seen with tiaras in public before.

Really looking forward to this and what a shame that Kate and Meghan will not participate for obvious reasons.

Regarding Letizia, maybe we will see one of Sofias tiaras on her head for the first time as further appeasement after the 'War of the Queens', eg
-Shell Tiara, only worn once
-Loop Tiara, would be the first time
-Pearl Tiara, would be the first time

or the Prussian Tiara again, most closely associated with Queen Sofia.

I personally don't think we will see Sofia at the State Dinner therefore I don't speculate what she might wear.

:previous: Yes I think Letizia may bring out some new piece from her MIL too, maybe the Pearl tiara or the Loop tiara, and the Shell tiara for Sofia (I guess she will attend). If she doesn't wear new piece I hope she will wear her pearl Fleur de Lys rather than the floral one.

CHOGM Queen's Banquet, tiaras for the York sisters, very excited!

I guess:
QEII - QA's kokoshnik
Camilla - Greville tiara (or hopefully Delhi Durbar tiara)
Anne - Meander tiara
Sophie - Aquamarine Necklace
Beatrice & Eugenie - York tiara/Sapphire bandeau/Strathmore Rose/QM's Fringe (TBH as long as they wear a tiara I will be happy)
Duchess of Gloucester - Honeysuckle tiara in emerald setting
Princess Alexandra - Ogilvy tiara in pearl setting
Princess Michael of Kent - Festoon tiara

:previous: Yes I think Letizia may bring out some new piece from her MIL too, maybe the Pearl tiara or the Loop tiara, and the Shell tiara for Sofia (I guess she will attend). If she doesn't wear new piece I hope she will wear her pearl Fleur de Lys rather than the floral one.

CHOGM Queen's Banquet, tiaras for the York sisters, very excited!

I guess:
QEII - QA's kokoshnik
Camilla - Greville tiara (or hopefully Delhi Durbar tiara)
Anne - Meander tiara
Sophie - Aquamarine Necklace
Beatrice & Eugenie - York tiara/Sapphire bandeau/Strathmore Rose/QM's Fringe (TBH as long as they wear a tiara I will be happy)
Duchess of Gloucester - Honeysuckle tiara in emerald setting
Princess Alexandra - Ogilvy tiara in pearl setting
Princess Michael of Kent - Festoon tiara

Camilla is unlikely to wear the Delhi Durbar at a Commonwealth event at the risk of upsetting the representatives from the Indian sub-continent, as well as the c2m people of South Asian descent now resident in the UK. Amongst the people of the sub-continent and those of sub-continental descent, the Durbar of 1911 is seen as the high point in the subjugation of the local populace by the Imperialists. I would be surprised if Camilla will want to bring attention to all of that by wearing the Delhi Durbar tiara. IMO, the Honeycomb it shall be for her!

:previous: Oh I completely forget that:bang:, thanks for bringing this up.:flowers:
But put that factor aside, she looks so well with Delhi Durbar tiara and I always hope she will bring it out again (maybe not this time), just something else other than the Honeycomb please.

Maxima: Württemberg Pearl
Beatrix: Antique Pearl
Margriet: Pearl button

Random guess, I just want to see the Dutch ladies to coordinate their tiara choices (which they definitely have enough tiaras to do so) ?.

For the last four years we always saw three tiaras: Maxima, Beatrix and Margriet. I'd love to see Laurentien added to the list, but that's wishful thinking.
My guess:
Maxima - large sapphire tiara
Beatrix - Queen Emma's diamond tiara
Margriet - Aquamarine tiara

For the last four years we always saw three tiaras: Maxima, Beatrix and Margriet. I'd love to see Laurentien added to the list, but that's wishful thinking.
My guess:
Maxima - large sapphire tiara
Beatrix - Queen Emma's diamond tiara
Margriet - Aquamarine tiara

Don't think Constantijn and aurentien will attend as they are not mentioned at the bttom of the side wuth the announcement. I wish however they weould finally allow photraphers inside at this Dinner or at last release some pics from inside instead let the photegraphers wait outside to see them leaving.
As for tiaras:
Queen Maxima: the ruby peacok tiara with the matching necklace
Princess Beatrix: the small sapphire tiara with matching sapphire jewels
Princess Margriet: the laurel wreath tiara

I think maxima will wear the mellerio ruby tiara.

Máxima - the diadem from the New Crown Parure in the smallest setting * in combination with a diamond collet collier, diamond stud earrings and the bow brooch from said parure in smallest setting.

Princess Beatrix - Queen Emma's floral motif diadem with a diamond rivière, diamond earhangers, and the five diamond stars from the diadem as broches.

Princess Margriet - the diamond Laurel Wreath diadem with a diamond rivière, diamond earhangers and a diamond broche.

* The two smallest settings of the diadem:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b5/92/5e/b5925e6940b02c17b9eb5f2e11e927dc--royal-dutch-royal-jewels.jpg

Last edited:
My Guess for diplomatic Dinner.

Q.Maxima: Ruby Tiara (would like to see the peacock or small sapphire)
P.Beatrix: Q.Emmas Diamond Tiara.
P.Beatrix. Emerald Tiara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom