The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM
Courtier

What is the next tiara event coming up, seems like we are bit low on state visits in the spring?

Old 01-29-2018, 01:58 PM
Majesty

Isn't it the State Dinner (London) coming up?

LaRae

Old 01-29-2018, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
What is the next tiara event coming up, seems like we are bit low on state visits in the spring?
I think the Norwegian state visit to Argentina in March is next. And Philippe and Mathilde are going to Canada, but no date yet.
There are usually a few incoming state visits in March or April, but this year seems to be unusually quiet on this front.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:19 PM
Majesty

In February King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima will meet President and Mrs Xi Jinping for the 4th time in 5 years (State Visit in Beijing, Nuclear Summit in The Hague, State Visit in Amsterdam, and now another visit in Beijing). I do not expect long dresses and jewels this time.

The lack of State Visits probably has to do with the Olympic Games in Korea, which will see the usual mass assembly of heads of states and royals.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I think the Norwegian state visit to Argentina in March is next. And Philippe and Mathilde are going to Canada, but no date yet.
There are usually a few incoming state visits in March or April, but this year seems to be unusually quiet on this front.
I didn't know Philippe and Mathilde were going to Canada this year. State dinners in Canada are black tie. Máxima wore a tiara there, but I suspect Mathilde will not.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I didn't know Philippe and Mathilde were going to Canada this year. State dinners in Canada are black tie. Máxima wore a tiara there, but I suspect Mathilde will not.
Sometimes Mathilde wears a tiara for a black tie State Dinner sometimes not. In Poland she debuted the Wolfers tiara and wore her laurel wreath tiara as necklace

Old 01-29-2018, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I forgot about that, but you are right indeed: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4Mka33RmvC...255B1%255D.jpg
Old 01-29-2018, 03:36 PM
Courtier

I assume there will be an Official dinner (Representationsmiddag) in Stockholm in the spring as well. It always is. I would guess March, but no hints so far.
Old 01-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Pranter, the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting takes place in London 16th-18th April, and will be marked by a White Tie State Banquet at Buckingham Palace..
Old 01-29-2018, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Yes Pranter, the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting takes place in London 16th-18th April, and will be marked by a White Tie State Banquet at Buckingham Palace..
Is it confirmed that the CHOGM banquet will be white tie ? Isn't it normally black tie when the meeting is in other countries ?
Old 01-29-2018, 04:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post

So tiaras should be worn...now to see who actually attends.

LaRae
Old 01-29-2018, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Is it confirmed that the CHOGM banquet will be white tie ? Isn't it normally black tie when the meeting is in other countries ?
Black tie, but the Queen and Camilla wear tiaras.
Uganda http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/F...LpJSO2fMLl.jpg
Old 02-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will a state visit from Portugal to Spain in the spring. I think Letizia will wear the floral tiara.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There will a state visit from Portugal to Spain in the spring. I think Letizia will wear the floral tiara.
In the past at State Visits from Portugal the State Banquet's where attended by more members of the Family even Infanta's Pilar and Margarita. So perhaps there is a chance that we will see this time more members like King Juan Carlos and Queen Sopfia and perhaps Infanta Elena at the State Banquet.

Old 02-07-2018, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
In the past at State Visits from Portugal the State Banquet's where attended by more members of the Family even Infanta's Pilar and Margarita. So perhaps there is a chance that we will see this time more members like King Juan Carlos and Queen Sopfia and perhaps Infanta Elena at the State Banquet.
I doubt it. King Felipe VI seems to favor a minimalist Royal House.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I love this one but I hope Letizia brings out other piece, any pearl tiara from Spanish vault is fine, the Shell, the Pearl and Diamond or the Loop (it'll be great to see another grand piece), even her Fleur de Lys (I miss that one).
Old 02-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

I firmly expect to see her with her preferred floral tiara. Of cause, any change from that would be welcome on my side, but it would surprise me.

Stefan, I love the idea that JC and Sofia could attend the banquet for Portugal. In that case, I guess that Sofia wears the Mellerio shell tiara. But somehow I feel that that's not going to happen in Spain. The Dutch easily include Princess Beatrix* in formal events, and nobody thinks that she's stealing the limelight from the present King and Queen. But the Spanish seem to view such things differently.

* I still can't get used to writing 'Princess', in my thoughts I'll always call her Queen.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I firmly expect to see her with her preferred floral tiara. Of cause, any change from that would be welcome on my side, but it would surprise me.

Stefan, I love the idea that JC and Sofia could attend the banquet for Portugal. In that case, I guess that Sofia wears the Mellerio shell tiara. But somehow I feel that that's not going to happen in Spain. The Dutch easily include Princess Beatrix* in formal events, and nobody thinks that she's stealing the limelight from the present King and Queen. But the Spanish seem to view such things differently.

* I still can't get used to writing 'Princess', in my thoughts I'll always call her Queen.
One never knows after all King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia also attended the Pasqua Militair this year for the first time since the abdication. So perhaps there is a little chance as in the past even the isters of King Juan Carlos attended. As for Princess Beatrix (for me she is still Queen) she is following the precedent of her mother Queen Juliana who also attended official events after her abdication and stopped to so only when her health no longer allowed it.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Good point about the Pascuar Militar. It would be a real treat to see Queen Sofia with a tiara again.

Old 02-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Aristocracy

I think its possible to see JC & Sofia during the Portugal state visit. Not just JC family grown up in Portugal, Casareal said they will attend various Events during the year in this case it would be suitable imo. in 2006 Sofia, Cristina,Elena, Infanta Pilar & Infanta Margarita attend the Gala Dinner. I dont expect all members but maybe a few royals. My guess,

Letizia- Floral Tiara & or Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara
Sofia- Mellerio Shell
Elena- Marchialer Tiara
Infanta Pilar- sapphire Tiara