Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Pranter, the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting takes place in London 16th-18th April, and will be marked by a White Tie State Banquet at Buckingham Palace..

So tiaras should be worn...now to see who actually attends.

LaRae

There will a state visit from Portugal to Spain in the spring. I think Letizia will wear the floral tiara.

There will a state visit from Portugal to Spain in the spring. I think Letizia will wear the floral tiara.

In the past at State Visits from Portugal the State Banquet's where attended by more members of the Family even Infanta's Pilar and Margarita. So perhaps there is a chance that we will see this time more members like King Juan Carlos and Queen Sopfia and perhaps Infanta Elena at the State Banquet.

In the past at State Visits from Portugal the State Banquet's where attended by more members of the Family even Infanta's Pilar and Margarita. So perhaps there is a chance that we will see this time more members like King Juan Carlos and Queen Sopfia and perhaps Infanta Elena at the State Banquet.

I doubt it. King Felipe VI seems to favor a minimalist Royal House.

I love this one but I hope Letizia brings out other piece, any pearl tiara from Spanish vault is fine, the Shell, the Pearl and Diamond or the Loop (it'll be great to see another grand piece), even her Fleur de Lys (I miss that one).

I firmly expect to see her with her preferred floral tiara. Of cause, any change from that would be welcome on my side, but it would surprise me.

Stefan, I love the idea that JC and Sofia could attend the banquet for Portugal. In that case, I guess that Sofia wears the Mellerio shell tiara. But somehow I feel that that's not going to happen in Spain. The Dutch easily include Princess Beatrix* in formal events, and nobody thinks that she's stealing the limelight from the present King and Queen. But the Spanish seem to view such things differently.

* I still can't get used to writing 'Princess', in my thoughts I'll always call her Queen.;)

I firmly expect to see her with her preferred floral tiara. Of cause, any change from that would be welcome on my side, but it would surprise me.

Stefan, I love the idea that JC and Sofia could attend the banquet for Portugal. In that case, I guess that Sofia wears the Mellerio shell tiara. But somehow I feel that that's not going to happen in Spain. The Dutch easily include Princess Beatrix* in formal events, and nobody thinks that she's stealing the limelight from the present King and Queen. But the Spanish seem to view such things differently.

* I still can't get used to writing 'Princess', in my thoughts I'll always call her Queen.;)

One never knows after all King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia also attended the Pasqua Militair this year for the first time since the abdication. So perhaps there is a little chance as in the past even the isters of King Juan Carlos attended. As for Princess Beatrix (for me she is still Queen) she is following the precedent of her mother Queen Juliana who also attended official events after her abdication and stopped to so only when her health no longer allowed it.

Last edited:
Good point about the Pascuar Militar. It would be a real treat to see Queen Sofia with a tiara again.

I think its possible to see JC & Sofia during the Portugal state visit. Not just JC family grown up in Portugal, Casareal said they will attend various Events during the year in this case it would be suitable imo. in 2006 Sofia, Cristina,Elena, Infanta Pilar & Infanta Margarita attend the Gala Dinner. I dont expect all members but maybe a few royals. My guess,

Letizia- Floral Tiara & or Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara
Sofia- Mellerio Shell
Elena- Marchialer Tiara
Infanta Pilar- sapphire Tiara

Last edited:
If the state visit to Canada from Belgium will be tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the wolfers tiara.

There will be a state visit to France from Luxembourg in march. My guess would be it will not be a tiara event, however, what do you think?

No tiaras under the previous president, the state dinner was business suits. However, I think the current president hasn’t hosted any monarchy incoming state visits. If they make it black tie, the royal ladies can decide to wear a tiara. I doubt it will happen, but it’s possible.

We might see Mathilde with a glittering brooch in her hair, but not more, I'm afraid.

There's quite a tiara draught at the moment. I hope that the Swedish at least will put on a representation dinner soon.

Well if the French state visit is a tiara event, I think Maria Teresa will wear the Belgian scroll tiara. Although I would love if she wore the emerald Art Deco tiara.

Queen Sonja and King Harald will make a state visit to Argentinia march 6th-8th. I dont think its a Gala Dinner with Tiaras. But if she wears a Tiara i think its the Queen Maud pearl Tiara

We might see Mathilde with a glittering brooch in her hair, but not more, I'm afraid.

Hopefully, it will be a brooch of her own at least, rather than a borrowed one. I was so let down after finding out here at TRF that the exquisite butterfly brooch she wore at the Danish state banquet was actually a loan.

Last edited:
Queen Sonja and King Harald will make a state visit to Argentinia march 6th-8th. I dont think its a Gala Dinner with Tiaras. But if she wears a Tiara i think its the Queen Maud pearl Tiara

When Queen Beatrix, the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima made a State Visit to Argentina (under president Kirchner) the dresscode was just suit-and-tie for both days.

Day 1

Day 2

Recently in the Netherlands, President Macri did follow Dutch protocol:

Day 1

The return event, organized by the Argentineans, was suit-and-tie however:

Day 2

So my guess is: the dresscode in Buenos Aires will be suit and tie, no big jewels.

Well if the French state visit is a tiara event, I think Maria Teresa will wear the Belgian scroll tiara. Although I would love if she wore the emerald Art Deco tiara.

President François Hollande wanted to affiche himself as Monsieur Normal. The dresscode (once cravate blanc, then lowered to cravate noir) became just suit-and-tie.... picture

President Emmanuel Macron has more eye for the grandeur of the presidency. It is to wait and see if he will "up" the dresscode for a State Banquet at the Palais de l'Élysée or not.

France has now a handome first Lady, it will be interesting to see her in an evening dress with the Luxemburger Order du Chêne.

Tiara guessing for March (there’s a chance we might not see any tiaras, but I’m pretending they all are tiara events here):

Sonja in Argentina – Pearl Tiara in full setting
Mathilde in Canada – Nine Provinces in bandeau setting
Maria Teresa in France - Chaumet Emerald Tiara
Alessandra De Osma wedding – Brunswick Tiara

This months state visit to Holland from Jordan has been downgraded to an official visit. Too bad that's another event that won't be a tiara event.

Last edited:
Well, since WA's reign began, there have been a few official visits that included black tie and tiaras. The visits from Shimon Perez and Albert II of Monaco come to mind. So I think that there is a possibility that some tiaras will be worn. If so, I think that Queen Rania will wear her favoured Boucheron bracelet tiara and Maxima will probably go comparatively small too. Perhaps the emerald tiara or the small sapphire tiara.

Not sure about the dress - but what worries me more is that I am still not sure if I like the tiara in the new style with the pearls.... I mean, what not to like on a diamond and pearl tiara but there is something about this adaptation which somehow simply does not fly with me

I prefer it with the pearls or diamonds, and the slightly altered frame I believe. Sorry but the emeralds always reminded me of spearmint candies. Much more attractive with different toppers.

If the Jordanian visit is a tiara event, here are my guesses

Maxima: antique pearl tiara
Rania: bracelet tiara

I think we might see Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers Tiara or her Laurel Wreath in Canada. I think the state visit to Poland was also a black tie dinner and she wore the Wolfers.

I also think we might see Tiara during the Jordan visit to Netherlands. My guess.
small Saphire for Queen Maxima.
Barcelet Tiara for Queen Rania.
Pearl Button for Princess Beatrix.

I think we might see Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers Tiara or her Laurel Wreath in Canada. I think the state visit to Poland was also a black tie dinner and she wore the Wolfers.

Lets hope so. In Poland she actually wore two tiaras. The wolfers as tiara and her laurel wreath tiara as necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom