Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first off who all is gonna be there? Harry/Meghan joining them?

Queen: Girls of GB&I
Camilla: Delhi Durbar (fingers crossed it's not the Greville)
Kate: QM Lover's Knot

If they go, not sure they do normally:

Sophie: Aquamarine
Anne: Meander
Meghan: Lotus or perhaps the Teck that Camilla is holding onto? Maybe even QM Sapphire Bandeau tiara...that would be awesome to see.

Well first off who all is gonna be there? Harry/Meghan joining them?

Queen: Girls of GB&I
Camilla: Delhi Durbar (fingers crossed it's not the Greville)
Kate: QM Lover's Knot

If they go, not sure they do normally:

Sophie: Aquamarine
Anne: Meander
Meghan: Lotus or perhaps the Teck that Camilla is holding onto? Maybe even QM Sapphire Bandeau tiara...that would be awesome to see.

I don't think Sophie and Anne normally attend. If they do, we don't see them (coverage of the DR itself is very limited).

I don't expect Meghan to be there either. If she is, she won't wear the Teck crescent, which is allegedly on loan to Camilla.

Who won't wear what? :lol:

Now, that's a nice one! Prince Charles won't wear the Vladimir tiara, I'm 1000 % sure!:D
I guess that we won't see the Queen this year.:sad: Kate will probably wear the lover's knot tiara. And for Camilla I guess the Shand tiara, or at least I hope that she will wear something other than the over used honeycomb tiara.

Yes I know Camilla has the Teck that's why I said perhaps the Teck Camilla is holding onto...of course Camilla could loan it to Meghan.

I don't remember about Anne/Sophie attending so I tossed it in there just in case..same with Meghan, if they attend.

If Meghan does go..the tiara choice will be interesting.

LaRae

Yes I know Camilla has the Teck that's why I said perhaps the Teck Camilla is holding onto...of course Camilla could loan it to Meghan.

LaRae

The tiara is not hers to loan. She would be loaning a loan, i.e. subletting in real estate terminology, which would be inappropriate IMHO.

I'm guessing the Lover's Knot for Catherine, and the Honeycomb for Camilla (however, I'd break out the confetti if she wore anything at all different and same for Catherine). For some reason I wonder if the Queen will wear the modern sapphire. It's less massive than some of the other options--if not, it's probably the usual GGBI.

I'd love to see Meghan, but as it looks as though this event is mostly confined to the Queen, PoW and PoW's heir, that seems like a long shot. If she is there, either the Papyrus, or something we haven't seen in a while (or ever ;-))

I don't think Sophie and Anne normally attend. If they do, we don't see them (coverage of the DR itself is very limited).

Actually coverage of the Event is non-existent apart from the few Car pics we get from the Royals arriving. Therefore i don't care much for it. I remember when Catherine debut the Lovers Knot tiara for it we could opnly guess it from the pics as only a bit of the side of the tiara copuld be seen in the Car pics.

I’m guessing that Harry and Meghan will attend because of Harry’s new role as the Commonwealth’s Youth Ambassador.

I don’t think Camilla will stray away from her usual Honeycomb Tiara. Catherine will probably wear her Queen Mary’s Lovers Knot or Lotus. Although it would be nice to see her wear her wedding tiara, the Cartier Scroll. If the Sussex’s attend...I can see Meghan pulling out a tiara we haven’t seen for some time.

The men will be in Court Dress (white tie) with orders. Harry isn’t a member of the Order of the Garter, so just white tie, military medals and Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order.

Last edited:
I’m guessing that Harry and Meghan will attend because of Harry’s new role as the Commonwealth’s Youth Ambassador.

I don’t think Camilla will stray away from her usual Honeycomb Tiara. Catherine will probably wear her Queen Mary’s Lovers Knot or Lotus. Although it would be nice to see her wear her wedding tiara, the Cartier Scroll. If the Sussex’s attend...I can see Meghan pulling out a tiara we haven’t seen for some time.

The men will be in Court Dress with orders.

Philip, Charles and William are known to wear the actual garter with their court dress. Of course, that would be impossible for Harry if he attended, which I still find unlikely.

The men will be in Court Dress (white tie) with orders. Harry isn’t a member of the Order of the Garter, so just white tie, military medals and Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order.

IIRC the Halo Scroll is still on tour...so not likely to see that and Kate's never worn it since the wedding day so I figure we won't ever see her in that one again.

I was thinking the same about H&M...so if they go Meghan is the wild card on what tiara since her wedding tiara is on display till Jan I think.

LaRae

The tiara is not hers to loan. She would be loaning a loan, i.e. subletting in real estate terminology, which would be inappropriate IMHO.

Give me a break..OBVIOUSLY it would be done only with the Queen's permission.

LaRae

Tiara day is coming up for the senior Royal Women of Windsor on the 4th: Reception for the Royal Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace.

Who will wear what? Who won’t wear what? What’s gonna go down? :lol:

The Queen:
Most likely Girls of GB & I Tiara or Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik.

Duchess of Cornwall:
Greville Boucheron Tiara probably but could be Delhi Durbar

Duchesss of Cambridge:
Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara probably but could be the Lotus Flower. She could also carry the Teck Crescent if her hair were piled up but I'm not sure she'd like it enough to wear it.

Duchess of Sussex (if she's there):
Queen Mary's Diamond Bandeau (borrowed from display) - or could be a rarely seen one eg Queen Mary's Lozenge or Sapphire Bandeau but I'd really love to see her wear the Strathmore Rose Tiara.

I was thinking the same about H&M...so if they go Meghan is the wild card on what tiara since her wedding tiara is on display till Jan I think.

I agree, it will be a "wild card". Query what the contenders for the wild card might be? The Strathmore Rose? Teck Circle? Queen Mary's Sapphire bandeau? Her wedding tiara itself?

I agree, it will be a "wild card". Query what the contenders for the wild card might be? The Strathmore Rose? Teck Circle? Queen Mary's Sapphire bandeau? Her wedding tiara itself?

I don't think it will be her wedding tiara since it's on display. Might be the Lotus or maybe (my hope) something like the QM Sapphire Bandeau or Teck borrowed from Camilla.

LaRae

When Kate first wore the lotus flower tiara, her wedding tiara was on an exhibition abroad. But now, Meghan's wedding tiara is displayed in Windsor, afaik. So technically, it would be possible to withdraw it for one night. I'm not sure that they would do it, but it can't be ruled out, imo.

I don't think it will be her wedding tiara since it's on display. Might be the Lotus or maybe (my hope) something like the QM Sapphire Bandeau or Teck borrowed from Camilla.

LaRae

Getting the wedding tiara from the Windsor exhibition for one evening is hardly a big deal, IMO.

My guesses for the nobel prizes:

Silvia: sapphire tiara
Victoria: Baden fringe
Sofia: wedding tiara

Any guesses of what necklace Catherine might wear to the Diplomatic Reception at BP this evening? In recent years, at various state events, we have seen her use the Nizam, the Greville ruby bandeau necklace, a diamond collet necklace and the Queen Alexandra wedding necklace. I am rooting for the Nizam to appear, with the QM Lovers Knot tiara.

The Lovers Knot tiara with a necklace she hasn't worn before is what I'd like to see.

My tiara wishes for next week

December 10
Silvia
The Cameo Parure
Victoria
The Ruby Tiara
Sofia
The Large Cut-Steel Tiara
Christina
The Aquamarine Kokoshnik

December 11
Silvia
The Amethyst Parure
Victoria
The Connaught Diamond Tiara
Sofia
The Six Button Tiara
Christina
The Smaller Cut-Steel Tiara

December 10
Maxima
The Dutch Diamond Bandeau
Beatrix
The Antique Pearl Tiara
Laurentien
The Laurel Wreath Tiara
Margriet
The Dutch Sapphire Necklace Tiara

My guesses for the private nobel Prize dinner:

Silvia: sapphire tiara
Victoria: Lilian's tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara

My guesses for Danish New Years:

Margrethe: pearl tiara
Mary: ruby parure
Marie: wedding tiara

I hope Crown Princess Mary gives the ruby tiara a break at the New Years Court.

I#M pretty sure that Mary will wear the ruby tiara as she alwyas wears it for the New Years Court. Afterall it is her grandest tiara. And Marie will wear the floral tiara.
The question is what the Queen will wear. I would like to see her again the floral wreath tiara but in it's wreath from from instead the peaces on the side of her hairdoo.

I think all Danish ladies will stick to their grandest piece, emerald for the Queen, rubies for Mary and floral for Marie.

I am thinking will Masako attend the new year ceremony for the last time as CP, if she'd attend I hope she will pick the Scroll tiara as it's her first tiara as CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom