The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 02:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
If a Princess wears Princess Sybilla aquamarines tiara , the King bought it to Princess Margeretha his eldest sister.
If a Princess wears Princess Madeleine fringe Tiara , it is not her Private tiara.
Princess Margaretha inherited the Aguamarine Kokoshnik tiara from her mother, princess Sibylla.
Princess Madeleine has received the Modern Fringe Tiara as a gift from king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia.
A Swedish Jewel Mystery Solved! | The Court Jeweller

Old 11-17-2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Just sasw a pci from the last french State Visit to Belgium and Queen Fabiola wore then the full empire tiara with what seems to be empty arches. But hard to tell on the pic i have seen. So perhaps Mathidle will also opt for it.
The empty arches are not my favourite version of this tiara, but I'd really like to see it at least once on Queen Mathilde.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:41 PM
Courtier

So Nobel... as always very hard to guess, as the SRF is both predictable and surprising at the same time.

10 December
Old 11-17-2018, 04:42 PM
Courtier

So Nobel... as always very hard to guess, as the SRF is both predictable and surprising at the same time.

10 December
Queen Silvia - Seriously I don't know. Maybe the Connaught, or a real surprise with the Ruby Connaught.
Crown Princess Victoria - I wish for her to wear the Amethyst Tiara, for the first time at Nobel, but maybe more likely with the Connaught
Princess Sofia - The Six Button Tiara.

11 December
Queen Silvia - Most likely the Nine Prong if she doesn't wear it on the 10th.
Crown Princess Victoria - The Baden Fringe
Princess Sofia - the wedding tiara with emeralds (and her emerald gown from Nobel a couple of years ago)
Old 11-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Majesty

It's sad to think of the Modern Fringe shut away in a dark vault in Florida instead of being a contender.
Old 11-17-2018, 11:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It's sad to think of the Modern Fringe shut away in a dark vault in Florida instead of being a contender.
I'm not 100 % sure that Madeleine's tiara has followed her to Florida. She has no tiara occassions in USA and no need for it there. I wouldn't be surprised if she keeps it in Stockholm for safety reasons. The fate of Princess Christina's tiara was a painful reminder for the royal family of what can happen when it is kept in a private home...
Old 11-18-2018, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

The tiaras I would like to see at the Nobel ceremonies

10th December
Queen Silvia: Nine Prong Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Cut Steel Tiara
Princess Sofia: Her own tiara with emeralds

11th December
Queen Silvia: Ruby Tiara
Crown Princess Victoria: Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara
Princess Sofia: Four Button Tiara
Old 11-18-2018, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

I would like to see on Nobel:
Queen Sivlia: the Cameo Parure
Crown Princess Victoria: The laurel-wreath tiara with the pink topaz demi parure
Princess Sofia: four button tiara

the second evening:

Queen Silvia: the ruby tiara with the scarab necklace
Crown Pricness Victoria: the baden fringe tiara
Pricness Sofia: her won diamond tiara in the pearl version.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:04 AM
Courtier

Nobel:
10 Dec -
Silvia: the sapphire (I hope she will use some other earrings/necklace and not use the whole parure)
Victoria: the amethyst (with the Vasa earrings and the amethyst necklace from the parure, and a looser updo please)
Sofia: 4 buttons
Christina: 6 buttons, it never look bad on her!
11 Dec -
Silvia: the ruby (maybe with the modern fringe necklace form?)
Victoria: the aquamarine (without the diamond riviere, and how about pairing it with some pearl earrings?)
Sofia: wedding tiara (pearl vers. or sans pearl/emerald vers.)

Maxima: Q Emma diamond

Mathide: 9 provinces base (or, just a wild thought, Elisabeth bandeau?)
Old 11-19-2018, 03:27 PM
Nobility

My guess for upcoming state visits

Singapore
Maxima: Peacock Ruby (would like to see the smal sapphire)
Beatrix. Q.Emma Diamond

China
Letizia. Floral, (would like to see her own Pearl Fdl again)

Capo verde
Maxima. Antique Pearls
Beatrix. Pearl Button

Nobel1
Silvia.9 Prong (would like to see the topaz neckleace again maybe with the Connaught) please not the cameo! I dont think its the sapphire this year.
Victoria. Lillians Laurel Wreath
Sofia. Amethyst

Nobel 2
Silvia. Connaught
Victoria. Cut Steel
Sofia. wedding tiara with emerlads
Old 11-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Royal Highness

Nobel - Take 1

Sylvia - Cameo Parure
Victoria - Ruby Tiara with Fringe Diamond Necklace
Sofia - Cut Steel Tiara
Madelaine - Wedding Tiara

Nobel - Take 2

Sylvia - Connaught with Topaz Necklace
Victoria - Amethyst Parure
Sofia - 6 Button
Madelaine - Aquamarine Parure
Old 11-24-2018, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the diplomatic reception:

Elizabeth: modern sapphire tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara
Kate: lovers knot tiara
Old 11-25-2018, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

We usually don't see the Queen at the diplomatic reception, but I agree about Camilla and and Kate. Though it would be nice to see something different, like the Shand tiara and and the papyrus tiara. Or even better: Camilla finally with the Teck tiara! Not likely, but I can't help my imagination.

On the 27th, there is a State Banquet for the State Visit from China to Spain. I expect the floral tiara on Letiza, but once again, I'd love to see something else.

Also, it has been confirmed that Madeleine will not attend the Nobels (once again). So we can leave her out of our guesses. Furthermore, I don't think that Princess Cristina will attend any more. She has announced her retirement this year and will probably not make an exception for the Nobels.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

All pretty safe bets.

What I am struggling with is what tiara is Meghan likely to wear, if she attends. The QM bandeau she wore at the wedding is probably at the exhibition at Windsor, so it will be interesting to see what is pulled out for her. The Sapphire bandeau? The Filigeree? Or how about the Strathmore Rose?
Old 11-25-2018, 04:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
All pretty safe bets.

What I am struggling with is what tiara is Meghan likely to wear, if she attends. The QM bandeau she wore at the wedding is probably at the exhibition at Windsor, so it will be interesting to see what is pulled out for her. The Sapphire bandeau? The Filigeree? Or how about the Strathmore Rose?
The Filgeree is/was the QM Bandeau. That's what it was called before BP revealed the official name in the bridal outfit press release.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will Meghan and Harry attend? Its been the Queen, Charles & Cams, Will & Kate for a bit now so I don't see why we should assume Harry and Meghan would attend now.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

On the 27th, there is a State Banquet for the State Visit from China to Spain. I expect the floral tiara on Letiza, but once again, I'd love to see something else.

The Floral Tiara for Letizia ,I think it suits her the best.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 11-26-2018, 06:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Will Meghan and Harry attend? Its been the Queen, Charles & Cams, Will & Kate for a bit now so I don't see why we should assume Harry and Meghan would attend now.
Quite possibly.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
The Floral Tiara for Letizia ,I think it suits her the best.
I agree that it looks great on her, but the constant repetition is somewhat boring. So I'm glad that she has worn both Ena's fleur de lys tiara and the Cartier loop tiara lately. But these two might be a bit over the top for this visit, so the Mellerio shell tiara might be a nice change.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The tiara is probably kept in Stockholm for safety, but I agree it is unlikely anybody besides Madeleine will wear it.

Closed Thread