The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Silvia doesn't wear Queen Sofia's tiara again. She wore it both at the State Visit to Italy in 2009 and in 1998 at the incoming State Visit from Italy. I'm starting to see a sad trend here.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I hope Silvia doesn't wear Queen Sofia's tiara again. She wore it both at the State Visit to Italy in 2009 and in 1998 at the incoming State Visit from Italy. I'm starting to see a sad trend here.

If she doesn't wear if for the State Visit next week we will likely see it for one of the Nobel Events again. But for the Awards Ceremony it would be the turn of the sappires this year if she keeps her pattern of alternating between them and the Nine Pronge tiara.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
If she doesn't wear if for the State Visit next week we will likely see it for one of the Nobel Events again. But for the Awards Ceremony it would be the turn of the sappires this year if she keeps her pattern of alternating between them and the Nine Pronge tiara.
She rarely goes off her tiara schedule for the Nobels.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Unfortunately.
Last year, Silvia wore the 9-prongs for the awards ceremony, so it must be the Leuchtenberg this year. Still, I hope for the cameo parure this year, though chances are small.

I wouldn't be surprised, if Sofia wore another first time tiara. She seems to like trying out new tiaras. Maybe she'll try out the aquamarine kokoshnik.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

There was a time before that Schedule which started i believe in 2008. Before she also sometimes wore the Connaught tiara and the Cameo Parure for the Awards CEremony but not as often as the 2 others.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
There was a time before that Schedule which started i believe in 2008. Before she also sometimes wore the Connaught tiara and the Cameo Parure for the Awards CEremony but not as often as the 2 others.
Since then she started to share the Connaught tiara with the younger generation, and Victoria made the Cameo her wedding tiara. Maybe, she decided that for the Nobels, she only wants to wear tiaras which are worn exclusively by the Queen? Anyways, it's a bit boring, and I still hope that she'll surprise us this year.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Since then she started to share the Connaught tiara with the younger generation, and Victoria made the Cameo her wedding tiara. Maybe, she decided that for the Nobels, she only wants to wear tiaras which are worn exclusively by the Queen? Anyways, it's a bit boring, and I still hope that she'll surprise us this year.

But the Connaught tiara was also worn before by the King's sisters sometimes. If she want's to wear Queen only tiaras for the Nobels she could also wear the ruby tiara for it as so far she is the only one who has worn it.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Majesty

For the Diplomatic Reception this year, I would love to see Catherine wear either the Nizam necklace or Princess Margaret 's turquoise and diamond payee that is rumoured to be back in HMs possession.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:11 AM
Majesty

Any guesses on the jewellery we might expect to see on the royal ladies for Prince Charles' 70th birthday party. I am guessing get it is a black tie dinner.

Personally, I would like to see Camilla in the Grenville 3 string iamond necklace, Catherine in her emerald demi-parure and Megan in her diamond earrings from the wedding and I presume a matching necklace. One can hope, but not sure what will actually get worn.

I suspect Crown Princess Mary will wear her aqua choker or the smaller version of the ruby and diamond necklace.

Mathilde will either wear the Wolfers tiara as a necklace.
Old 11-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

As Queen Silvia has worn the leuchtenberg sapphire tiara i wonder if she will wear it again at the Nobel Prize Ceremony which would be the second time in a few weeks. As it is their turn this year i wonder wif she will finally break her Schedule of alternating between it and the N ine Pronge tiara. If yes please not the Nine Pronge tiara this year but a different one like the Cameo, Connaught or the Ruby tiara.

Old 11-14-2018, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
As Queen Silvia has worn the leuchtenberg sapphire tiara i wonder if she will wear it again at the Nobel Prize Ceremony which would be the second time in a few weeks. As it is their turn this year i wonder wif she will finally break her Schedule of alternating between it and the N ine Pronge tiara. If yes please not the Nine Pronge tiara this year but a different one like the Cameo, Connaught or the Ruby tiara.
It would be great to see the Cameo reappear at the Nobel.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:31 AM
Majesty

Would see if this evening we will see Megan in any jewellery previously used by Diana
Old 11-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Royal Highness

Would that be appropriate though? I would think that she would wear the jewellery that she was gifted from Charles.
Her wedding bracelet and wedding reception earrings.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Would that be appropriate though?
No, it would not, indeed it would be rather insensitive..
Old 11-14-2018, 09:25 AM
Royal Highness

She can debut more of Diana's jewellery at the Royal Variety show next week.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:58 AM
Heir Apparent

If a Princess wears Princess Sybilla aquamarines tiara , the King bought it to Princess Margeretha his eldest sister.
If a Princess wears Princess Madeleine fringe Tiara , it is not her Private tiara.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Theodora has announced her engagement. I think she will wear the khedive of egypt tiara at her wedding.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

I fully agree, the chance that Theodora will wear the Khedive tiara is above 99%, imho. And I'm really looking forward to seeing this tiara on her. I only hope that Theodora will find a good way to handle that new, high base of the tiara.

There's also the French visit to Belgium coming up, as well as a visit from Singapore to the Netherlands. So there's a glittering week ahead of us.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Definitely the khedive tiara for Princess Theodora.

Queen Mathilde for the banquet monday night the base of Nine Provinces Tiara.

Queen Maxima on Wednesday The Dutch Diamond Bandeau.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Just sasw a pci from the last french State Visit to Belgium and Queen Fabiola wore then the full empire tiara with what seems to be empty arches. But hard to tell on the pic i have seen. So perhaps Mathidle will also opt for it.

Closed Thread