The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-04-2018, 12:29 PM
Nobility

King Felipe and Queen Letizia will make a state visit to Peru november 12-14. Im sure she will NOT wearing a Tiara but maybe we will see some earrings we have not seen for a long time. During past state visits abroad (Portugal, Japan, UK) she often suprised with some earrings of her mother in law, like the ruby, sapphire, turquoise, emerald)

Old 11-04-2018, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Since there won’t be a tiara in Peru, I’m hoping she’ll wear a necklace. I’d love to see:

Emerald
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/2c/70/72/2...en-letizia.jpg

Sapphire
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/f...S_sapphire.JPG

Ruby
https://royalwatcherblog.files.wordp...2018/10/30.png

Old 11-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Since there won’t be a tiara in Peru, I’m hoping she’ll wear a necklace. I’d love to see:

Emerald
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/2c/70/72/2...en-letizia.jpg

Sapphire
https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/f...S_sapphire.JPG

Ruby
https://royalwatcherblog.files.wordp...2018/10/30.png
I don't hold out any hope of Letizia wearing anything other than a change of earrings and maybe a bracelet if were very lucky
Old 11-06-2018, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

There will be a French state visit to Belgium this month. I predict Mathilde will wear the base of the nine provinces tiara.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There will be a French state visit to Belgium this month. I predict Mathilde will wear the base of the nine provinces tiara.
Very likely, I think the will wear that as well. Although, it would be nice to see the full Nine Provinces Tiara again.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe Silvia will have a think for the Italian State Visit and bring out some of the Leuchtenberg jewels or something that belonged to Karl XIV Johan or Désirée. Queen Josefina was Princess of Bologna & Duchess of Galliera, her father Eugene de Beauharnais was Viceroy of Italy and Prince of Venice while Karl Johan was Prince of Pontecorvo so there's definitely an Italian connection.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Will be interesting to see what Mathilde will wear fo the french State Visit. The danes brought out the bigger pieces for the recent State Visit so let's see if Mathilde will follow them.
As for the italian State Vist to Sweden it would be nice if Sivlia and Victoria would briong out some of the beaurhnis Jewels like the amethysts or the sappires or Cameos.

Old 11-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder if we'll see Astrid and Claire at the banquet for France? (Well, hope never dies ) Though I think it will be only Mathilde, and the meander base of the 9-Provinces tiara is a pretty good guess, imo. I think that Mathilde will go smaller than the Danes did.

The Italian Visit to Sweden will probably pretty much business as usual: Silvia with the 9-prongs, Victoria with the Baden fringe, Sofia with her wedding tiara.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for other tiara events this month:

State visit from Singapore to the Netherlands :

Maxima: antique pearl tiara
Beatrix: pearl button tiara

State visit from China to Spain:

Letizia: floral tiara
Old 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

State Visit of France to Belgium ? Wolfers tiara or nothing. I suppose King Philippe has the Legion d' Honneur ?
Old 11-08-2018, 04:20 PM
Nobility

I agree i think we will see the base of the nine provinces on Q.Mathilde
My guess for Italian sate visit to sweden

Q.Silfia Leuchtenberg Sapphir
P.Victoria Cut Steel
P.Sofia wedding tiara with emeralds
Old 11-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Majesty

Was just thinking of what tiara Meghan is likely to wear if she attends the Diplomatic Reception in early December. The tiara she wore at her wedding is likely to be on display at Windsor, which would mean that there might be a whole range of potential tiaras to consider.

I think she may wear the Papyrus / Lotus Flower tiara, previously used by Catherine and Princess Margaret. Thoughts welcome
Old 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Serene Highness

What about the scroll tiara that the Doc wore to her wedding? Meghan likes simple, classic pieces.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
What about the scroll tiara that the Doc wore to her wedding? Meghan likes simple, classic pieces.
Certainly a possibility, but I doubt Meghan and Harry may not want her to wear such a small piece for her first tiara outing after the wedding.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Was just thinking of what tiara Meghan is likely to wear if she attends the Diplomatic Reception in early December. The tiara she wore at her wedding is likely to be on display at Windsor, which would mean that there might be a whole range of potential tiaras to consider.

I think she may wear the Papyrus / Lotus Flower tiara, previously used by Catherine and Princess Margaret. Thoughts welcome
I've always liked this tiara and IMO would be a perfect choice for Meghan's first tiara outing should the couple attend the Diplomatic Reception.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Courtier

I don't mind Meghan brings the halo or lotus out again as I love these two, it's a shame that kate never wear them again after she got the lovers knot.

Nine provinces (base) for Mathilde
Aquamarine for Maxima
Fleur de Lys (the new one) for Letizia (or hopefully the pearls loop)
Nine prongs for Silvia
Baden for Victoria (hopefully the aquamarine or amethyst)
Wedding tiara (no pearls or emeralds) for Sofia
Old 11-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses for other tiara events this month:

State visit from Indonesia to the Netherlands :

Maxima: antique pearl tiara
Beatrix: pearl button tiara

State visit from China to Spain:

Letizia: floral tiara
There is no State Visit from Indonesia to the Netherlands:

14 November
Official visit by the President of Austria
- lunch offered by the King at Noordeinde Palace (suit)
- banquet offered by the Prime Minister at the Catshuis (black tie)
Most likely the royals will be in London for the Prince of Wales' birthday.

20 November
State Visit by the President of Singapore
- State Banquet offered by the King at the Royal Palace (white tie, I think)
My guess: Queen Máxima with the bandeau and the Borneo Suite
My guess: Princess Beatrix with Queen Emma's floral motif diadem and other diamond jewelry

21 November
State Visit by the President of Singapore
- Banquet offered by the Prime Minister in the Trêves Chamber of the Inner Court (black tie, I think)
My guess: no diadems but a nice display of other jewels

11 December
State Visit by the President of Cape Verde
- no program known yet
Old 11-09-2018, 11:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Certainly a possibility, but I doubt Meghan and Harry may not want her to wear such a small piece for her first tiara outing after the wedding.
I disagree - I think Meghan will purposely wear either her wedding tiara or if not available a more modest tiara to events where other royal women are present..... at least at the beginning ... as a sign of respect. Kate was very much the same way.

It is different when it is your wedding or on tour where you are the star - but I expect for her first outing with the other royal women - be it the diplomatic reception (which would make sense given the Sussex role in the Commonwealth) or a state dinner we will not see a big gun tiara.
Old 11-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
I don't mind Meghan brings the halo or lotus out again as I love these two, it's a shame that kate never wear them again after she got the lovers knot.

There are also some other long not seen pieces in the Queen's collection which are not too big like the Strathmore Rose, the lozenge Bandeau or the diamond and sapphire bandeau.

Isn't the Halo still displayed somewhere. It think it was displayed in Australia earlier this year

Old 11-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
State Visit of France to Belgium ? Wolfers tiara or nothing. I suppose King Philippe has the Legion d' Honneur ?

I think the base of the Nine Provinces is more likely for Queen Mathilde. If Princess Astrid attends, she will wear the Art Deco diamond bandeau.

I doubt Princess Claire will attend, so I won't make any guesses on which tiara she might wear (as far as we know, she owns two diadems although her small wedding tiara may be gone now).