Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 4: 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it looks great on her, but the constant repetition is somewhat boring. So I'm glad that she has worn both Ena's fleur de lys tiara and the Cartier loop tiara lately. But these two might be a bit over the top for this visit, so the Mellerio shell tiara might be a nice change.

When did she wear the Cartier loop ? I recall her wearing Ena’s Pearl and Diamond tiara, but not the Cartier Loop.

UK DIPLOMATIC RECEPTION

HM Girls of Great Britain
Camilla Boucheron Honeycomb
Catherine Papyrus
Meghan Sapphire Bandeau (unless Wedding Tiara is pulled from the exhibition for the day.)

When did she wear the Cartier loop ? I recall her wearing Ena’s Pearl and Diamond tiara, but not the Cartier Loop.
She hasn't worn the Cartier loop tiara yet. Probably Tilia C. mixed it up with Ena's pearl and diamond tiara.

:bang: Oops, my bad! You are right, I meant Queen Ena's pearl tiara, which also is by Cartier. Perhaps it was my wishful thinking, as I want to finally see her wear the loop tiara, too. But it I don't think that the time has yet come.

The tiara is probably kept in Stockholm for safety, but I agree it is unlikely anybody besides Madeleine will wear it.
CP Victoria has worn it as a necklace once, I think that was in 2002. But I don't see her wearing it again now that it is confirmed that Madeleine owns it. Although loaning from a sister is not strictly unthinkable, it's not likely.

Will Meghan and Harry attend? Its been the Queen, Charles & Cams, Will & Kate for a bit now so I don't see why we should assume Harry and Meghan would attend now.

It has been as Harry was a single man. Him having a wife likely changes dynamics. The focus has been on the senior royals as they will be under Charles, why it has been these pairs, Meghan and Harry are in that group. They will be for at least another 29-25 years minimum until Cambridge kids step up.

I could be wrong but highly likely they will attend.

Time will show. But The Queen's younger children and spouses usually are not seen attending the Diplomatic Reception, so I don't see why the PoW's younger son and his wife would?

Needless to say, I'd be thrilled if Meghan had her second tiara event at the reception. It would be interesting to see if they'll take her wedding tiara off the display for the event, or if she'll be loaned a second tiara. I just don't think it will happen.:sad:

Time will show. But The Queen's younger children and spouses usually are not seen attending the Diplomatic Reception, so I don't see why the PoW's younger son and his wife would?

It could be that the Queens other children attend but stay already in the Palace and therfore we get no pics from them as don't get inside pics of it. Once there was a clip if it in a documentary Princess Alexandra was in it.

So my guess is those who attend State Banquets also attend the Diplomatic reception but not all are pictured.

Harry has been to the Diplomatic dinner/event at least once...and now that he is the Commonwealth Ambassador I'd think he (and Meghan) would be there.

LaRae

I don't think that Harry has ever attended the diplomatic event. Not even William as a future king attended when he was single.

I'm thinking he's been once.

LaRae

He went to state dinner once (the king and queen of Spain) not the diplomatic reception.

Yes I know he was at the State Dinner.but I thought IN THE PAST..as in not this year...he went to one of the Diplomatic Receptions.

LaRAe

Harry has been to the Diplomatic dinner/event at least once...and now that he is the Commonwealth Ambassador I'd think he (and Meghan) would be there.

LaRae
How does the Commonwealth Youth Ambassador role make any difference to whether he is akked to the Dip or not?

Just seems like that would have a common tie.

LaRae

As a grandson of the monarch not in the direct line to the throne, I don’t see a reason for Harry to attend the diplomatic reception, but we will have to wait and see.

I really hope we see some different tiaras at the Diplomatic reception!
The Lovers Knot is very becoming for Kate, and the Honeycomb for Camilla, but with so few tiara events, and so many sitting in the vault for years, it would be nice to get a change.

But the Queen doesn't seem to loan out very much.
Sophie got the aquamarine, but I think that is because her wedding tiara isn't attractive. She doesn't seem to have access to anything else?

Camilla seems to prefer wearing her personal jewels.

Kate has the most access, or so it seems, so perhaps she could choose to wear a different tiara?

Just seems like that would have a common tie.

LaRae
What might the common tie between the Commonwealth Youth and the UK government ''s diplomatic event be?

As a grandson of the monarch not in the direct line to the throne, I don’t see a reason for Harry to attend the diplomatic reception, but we will have to wait and see.
Fair point, but it is a big event, and they need to have a fair few royals around to mingle and work the crowd. The Sussex 's will be the equivalent of the Gloucester and Kent 's of this generation.

What might the common tie between the Commonwealth Youth and the UK government ''s diplomatic event be?

A commonwealth ambassador (regardless if it's youth) is going to have some crossover with diplomats. Seems pretty logical to me that these would be tied in.

LaRae

A commonwealth ambassador (regardless if it's youth) is going to have some crossover with diplomats. Seems pretty logical to me that these would be tied in.

LaRae
Tenuous link, at best, IMO

Fair point, but it is a big event, and they need to have a fair few royals around to mingle and work the crowd. The Sussex 's will be the equivalent of the Gloucester and Kent 's of this generation.

Interestingly, although the diplomatic reception is often one of the biggest events in a year in terms of the number of guests, and it is a very formal function seemingly meant to show off the monarchy at its glittering best, the royal crew brought in for it is usually fairly small.

Last year, the circular only listed The Queen, Charles and Camilla and William and Kate as being there. In contrast, for the most recent state dinner the Queen also called on Sophie, Anne and Tim, the Gloucesters, the Duke of Kent and Princess Michael. There must be something fundamentally different from state dinners about how the reception is structured that they don’t feel a need for as big a supporting team to extend the work of hosting.

I think we can definitely expect Harry and Meghan to start showing up to state dinners before too long (but likely not be included in the official, posed photo or seated at the head table), but I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see them at a diplomatic reception during the Queen’s lifetime. Perhaps when Charles is King.

All that said, I’m guessing Kate and Camilla will stick with their favorites: Cambridge Lover’s Knot and the Greville.

Here's to HM inviting the Sussexes, Wessexes
It could be that the Queens other children attend but stay already in the Palace and therfore we get no pics from them as don't get inside pics of it. Once there was a clip if it in a documentary Princess Alexandra was in it.

So my guess is those who attend State Banquets also attend the Diplomatic reception but not all are pictured.
I think the BRF need to update things such as the way they handle State Banquets, State Dinners, the Diplomatic Reception and various other official events by doing as the Danes and Swedes do and televising the arrivals up to the seating of the Monarch. It is in that way that the people will get to see and understand the diplomatic and political purpose of such events but also allow for pride in the setting and splendour of both the venue and the hosts.

Okay, coincidentally we would have the chance for lots more tiara guessing as we would see more of the Royals and their historical jewellery.

But tell me, anyone from Denmark and Sweden, is there a feeling of pride at seeing your Royal Family resplendent in all their finery and an even an greater national pride as their (your government's) guests file into the banqueting hall with all its glittering chandeliers, silverware, crystal, flickering candles and floral table settings?

Does it not give you a sense of what part the Royals play in your democracy?

For the last state visit to the Netherlands in December, I think Maxima will wear queen Emma's diamond tiara.

Also, it has been confirmed that Madeleine will not attend the Nobels (once again). So we can leave her out of our guesses. Furthermore, I don't think that Princess Cristina will attend any more. She has announced her retirement this year and will probably not make an exception for the Nobels.

It has been confiormed that Pricness Christina and her husband will attend the Nobel Prize Awards ceremony. So we will at at last on the 10. get to see 4 swedsih tiaras. My guess is that Priincess Christina will wear again the six-button tiara as that one seems to be her favourite in the last years.

It has been confiormed that Pricness Christina and her husband will attend the Nobel Prize Awards ceremony. So we will at at last on the 10. get to see 4 swedsih tiaras. My guess is that Priincess Christina will wear again the six-button tiara as that one seems to be her favourite in the last years.
:flowers: Oh, that's lovely! I always enjoy seeing Princess Cristina, and currently she's the only Swedish royal who looks really good with the 6 buttons tiara. It's probably most likely that she wears it again, but I hope for something different. Maybe she can don the aquamarine kokoshnik this year? Or I'd love to see her with the amethyst tiara.

:flowers: Oh, that's lovely! I always enjoy seeing Princess Cristina, and currently she's the only Swedish royal who looks really good with the 6 buttons tiara. It's probably most likely that she wears it again, but I hope for something different. Maybe she can don the aquamarine kokoshnik this year? Or I'd love to see her with the amethyst tiara.

I would also love to see her with the amethyst tiara. The purrple stones would üprobably look great in her white hair. But as she hasn't worn it yet it doesn't seem to be likely.

I usually don't like the button tiaras, but I do think Cristina wears the 6-button well. Plus, it's just nice that we're going to get to see her again in spite of her retirement. But it would be nice to see her in the amethyst tiara ?

I would also love to see her with the amethyst tiara. The purrple stones would üprobably look great in her white hair. But as she hasn't worn it yet it doesn't seem to be likely.
Oh, she has worn it at least once, at the SV from Japan. Only, the photos from the event don't show her well. But check out this pic; Cristina is on the far left:
https://www.gettyimages.de/fotos/638467418?family=editorial&phrase=638467418&sort=best#license
Still, I agree that it's not likely that she will wear it again. It's clearly not a favourite of hers, or she would have worn it more often.

Oh, she has worn it at least once, at the SV from Japan. Only, the photos from the event don't show her well. But check out this pic; Cristina is on the far left:
https://www.gettyimages.de/fotos/638467418?family=editorial&phrase=638467418&sort=best#license
Still, I agree that it's not likely that she will wear it again. It's clearly not a favourite of hers, or she would have worn it more often.

That photo is just a tease! Too bad it wasn't clearer, it looks as though the amethysts suited her very well.

Tiara day is coming up for the senior Royal Women of Windsor on the 4th: Reception for the Royal Diplomatic Corps at Buckingham Palace.

Who will wear what? Who won’t wear what? What’s gonna go down? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom