The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 05:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Regarding the upcoming Dutch State Visit to UK. What i think it will be...

QEII : Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Pearls or Emeralds. Or maybe Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara paired with Sapphire Jewels.

Maxima : Stuart Tiara (with or without the Stuart diamond) or the grand Sapphire Tiara.

Camilla : Greville Boucheron Tiara.

Kate : Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara.

What i would love to see......

QE II : George IV State Diadem.

Maxima : Württemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara with all the detatchable Pearl drops attatched (the way Beatrix wore it at her wedding)

Camilla : Teck Crescent Tiara.

Kate : Cartier Halo Tiara.

I wounder if there will be a Guildhall Banquet this time or only a "Return Lunch" as it will only be a 2-Day State Visit and not 3.

There should be a representation dinner coming up here in Sweden sometime in October after the elections are done and we have a new government and new MP's in place. Though i expect it to be late in October.
It would be great if:

- Camilla wore the Grenville 3 string festoon necklace, or her collet necklace;

- Kate wore the Nizam necklace

Old 08-31-2018, 08:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I would love to see the Nizam necklace again, with the hair in an updo.

It would be great if Maxima would decide to wear an entire parure. I believe that the only parure she wore completely was Juliana's aquamarine parure, which is underwhelming compared with the other possibilities. I would especially like to see if the converted sapphire necklace of the sapphire parure can still be worn as a necklace. The last time must have been in the 70s when Q. Juliana wore the entire parure in the UK. But it seems Q. Maxima prefers to wear no necklace or a more simple one when she is wearing grand tiaras, the only exception being the Mellerio rubies, whose stomacher also was last worn in its complete form by Q. Juliana.

Old 09-02-2018, 01:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
But it seems Q. Maxima prefers to wear no necklace or a more simple one when she is wearing grand tiaras, the only exception being the Mellerio rubies, whose stomacher also was last worn in its complete form by Q. Juliana.
I don't know whether it is Max's personal preference to wear fewer necklaces, or it is just a question of the way fashions have been the last few years, and dresses have had higher necklines, making serious necklaces superfluous.

Quote:

I agree, that would be lovely. Alternatively, and I know this is quite unlikely, I would love to see Catherine reuse the emerald demi-parure she wore for the BAFTAs last year, along with the LOvers Knot or the Lotus tiara.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:40 AM
Serene Highness

If Camilla wears the Delhi Durbar Tiara again i would love to see her pair it with Queen Alexandra's Wedding Necklace (if she is allowed to wear it). It looked very good on the Queen Mother. Or if she wears a dress that doesn't allow a huge necklace, she could wear the Queen Mother's Coronation Diamond Collet Necklace.

For the last Dutch State visit to UK, Diana wore Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara, the Japanese 4-row Pearl Choker and her famous Sapphire Brooch. I hope Kate will wear something else. Otherwise the british media won't write about anything else...
Would love to see her wear the Halo Cartier Tiara again. Or the Lotus Tiara. Would also love to see The Queen loan her the King George VI 3-Strand Festoon Necklace if she doesn't plan to wear it herself. It would look good to any of those tiaras :)
Old 09-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Courtier

The Danish Royal Family will host a Aftenselskab for Parliament, Government and other parts of official Denmark on 24th October. Previously, this event has been white tie with tiaras. So here is the guesses:

Queen Margrethe - I wish for the Floral Aigrette
Crown Princess Mary - Wedding tiara with pearls
Princess Marie - Wedding tiara
Old 09-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Agree. I have to say it's a waste to wear such gorgeous necklace with hair down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Alternatively, and I know this is quite unlikely, I would love to see Catherine reuse the emerald demi-parure she wore for the BAFTAs last year, along with the LOvers Knot or the Lotus tiara.
Not really sure about wearing pearls with other coloured stone as I found her combination in UK-Spain banquet (diamond + pearl + ruby) is quite off and "busy" to me (maybe because there are too many types of stones, or because of the delicate design of the bandeau necklace, I don't know). If she will wear the emerald I hope she will use the halo tiara (I like that sparkling piece) rather than the other two pearl tiaras.

BTW I guess she will go necklace-free this time and bring out a new earrings loan?

And hopefully some lady will take these earrings out (no, not the overwhelming necklace, just no). They are lovely. Maybe Sophie pairs them with her wedding tiara? (That's not a stunning tiara but I don't really hate it )
Old 09-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
And hopefully some lady will take these earrings out (no, not the overwhelming necklace, just no). They are lovely. Maybe Sophie pairs them with her wedding tiara? (That's not a stunning tiara but I don't really hate it )
The opal is stunning but I do think it a bit large for the setting. I've always wished HM would have the piece reworked as a brooch using the diamonds to create a full frame around the opal.
On the other hand I think that Camilla could really pull this off. Maybe paired with something like the dark blue Vivienne Westwood gown she wore a few years ago.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The Danish Royal Family will host a Aftenselskab for Parliament, Government and other parts of official Denmark on 24th October. Previously, this event has been white tie with tiaras.
Queen Margarethe - Pearl Poire Tiara & Crown Pearls
Crown Princess Mary - Antique Tiara
Princess Marie - Wedding Tiara
Princess Benedikte - Husbands family tiara
Old 09-08-2018, 11:04 PM
Royal Highness

DUTCH STATE VISIT

Queen Elizabeth - Oriental Ruby Tiara & Greville Festoon Necklace
D of Cornwall - Greville Tiara & the Queen Mothers Collet necklace
D of Cambridge - Cartier Scroll Tiara and modern emerald demi parure
C of Wessex - Modern Aquamarine Tiara
Princess Royal - Festoon Tiara
Old 09-10-2018, 04:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
DUTCH STATE VISIT

The Queen is unlikely to use the Grenville festoon necklace. She never has, it was first used by QEQM and then by Camilla.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Queen Margarethe - Pearl Poire Tiara & Crown Pearls
Crown Princess Mary - Antique Tiara
Princess Marie - Wedding Tiara
Princess Benedikte - Husbands family tiara

Unklikey. The usually don't use the grander tiaras for this Event:

Queen Margrethe - Baden plamette tiawra or the floral aigrette tiara
Crown Princess Mary - Wedding tiara
Princess Marie - lilies tiara
Princess Benedikte - floral tiara

Old 09-10-2018, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Margrethe: the floral aigrette

Mary: her new favourite, the antique ruby-spinel tiara (she hasn't worn her wedding tiara since she debuted the new one, I think)
Marie: I hope for the lilies tiara, but think it will be the floral tiara
Benedikte: the star tiara

Old 09-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Queen is unlikely to use the Grenville festoon necklace. She never has, it was first used by QEQM and then by Camilla.
I was referring to the ruby necklace that Catherine wore with the pink dress at the last state banquet she attended.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
DUTCH STATE VISIT

Queen Maxima - Mellerino Ruby Parure
Old 09-23-2018, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I was referring to the ruby necklace that Catherine wore with the pink dress at the last state banquet she attended.
Ah. That is usually referred to as the Greville Ruby and Diamond Bandeau necklace.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:59 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Queen Maxima - Mellerino Ruby Parure
I have a feeling that, since she has already debuted the Stuart Tiara, she will wear it here, with the Stuart diamond as a pendant, or re-attached to the main tiara, although that would make the tiara clunky again. Never liked it on Juliana, seemed top-heavy. Oh well, we will see what she wears in the near future. Can't wait!
Old 09-23-2018, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella E. View Post
I have a feeling that, since she has already debuted the Stuart Tiara, she will wear it here, with the Stuart diamond as a pendant, or re-attached to the main tiara, although that would make the tiara clunky again. Never liked it on Juliana, seemed top-heavy. Oh well, we will see what she wears in the near future. Can't wait!

With all the Brexit drama going on, I wonder if the Dutch state visit might be canceled.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
With all the Brexit drama going on, I wonder if the Dutch state visit might be canceled.
More reason to keep your friends and allies on the Continent the close to you.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post

The Dutch have always been seen as the most sympathetic to the British in the EU. The Netherlands are sorry to see the UK go, as it was a handy counter-weight against the axis Berlin-Paris.

Besides the UK, it will be Ireland and the Netherlands to receive the hardest hits when it comes to "hard Brexit": these two countries have a lively trade with the UK.

But this did not stop Ireland and the Netherlands to remain one bloc with the EU27. After all, no less than 70% of the gigantic Dutch exports is within the EU, the volume of the Dutch-UK exports is dwarfed by the volume of the Dutch-EU27 exports, so the calculation is quickly made.

Now the British are leaving, the rationale of the Dutch will be: you are leaving the EU, you are not leaving Europe. You remain our trusted ally and neighbour.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:29 PM
Courtier

Incoming state visit from Italy to Sweden in November. I guess it will be a state banquet November 13th without surprises.

Queen Silvia - Nine Prong
Crown Princess Victoria - Baden Fringe
Princess Sofia - Wedding tiara with emeralds

Closed Thread