The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Don't think Queen Máxima will wear the full Stuart Parure at the State Banquet. I would say the tioara in it complett version with the stuart diamond and the bow broosch in it's full version. As for the brits the Queen the russian kokoshnik tiara and ther King George diamond necklace or more likely the Vladimir tiara in the pearl version and Queen Victoria's golden jubilee necklace. Don't think Camilla will suprise us both Catherine could be wear anotehr necklace loAaned by HM. As for the Guildhall banquet if there will be one one for Máxioma either the big sapphire tiara or the Württemberg diamond and pearl tiara. it will be interesting to see who from the british Royals will attend. perhaps again Princess Anne like last year at the spanish State Visit.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Don't think Queen Máxima will wear the full Stuart Parure at the State Banquet. I would say the tioara in it complett version with the stuart diamond and the bow broosch in it's full version.
That would be lovely. However, given how the necklace and the tiara have been "test driven" in the last 12-18 months, if she is to wear it all as a parure, this is the chance to do so, and I think, she will wear the necklace and the tiara in London. Whether she will wear the tiara in the full form (quite possibly, IMO) or a smaller version like she did in Lux remains to be seen.

Quote:
As for the brits the Queen the russian kokoshnik tiara and ther King George diamond necklace or more likely the Vladimir tiara in the pearl version and Queen Victoria's golden jubilee necklace. Don't think Camilla will suprise us both Catherine could be wear anotehr necklace loAaned by HM. As for the Guildhall banquet if there will be one one for Máxioma either the big sapphire tiara or the Württemberg diamond and pearl tiara. it will be interesting to see who from the british Royals will attend. perhaps again Princess Anne like last year at the spanish State Visit.
As it will be an Orange sash the Queen will be wearing, it could be either of the two suggestions you have made. My guess is that it will be the GDV tiara, which is what she has worn for pretty much every Dutch state visit.

Quote:
Don't think Camilla will suprise us both Catherine could be wear anotehr necklace loAaned by HM.
I fear you may be right re Camilla, but it will be a great opportunity for her to get either the collet or the 3 string Greville necklace out.

I do hope Catherine uses the Nizam necklace, or better still, the Queen lends her a necklace we have not seen for a few decades.

Quote:
As for the Guildhall banquet if there will be one one for Máxioma either the big sapphire tiara or the Württemberg diamond and pearl tiara. it will be interesting to see who from the british Royals will attend. perhaps again Princess Anne like last year at the spanish State Visit.
I suspect it will be the Wurttemberg. I so do hope the Cambridge's start to be the lead royals on these banquets.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post

As it will be an Orange sash the Queen will be wearing, it could be either of the two suggestions you have made. My guess is that it will be the GDV tiara, which is what she has worn for pretty much every Dutch state visit.

I fear you may be right re Camilla, but it will be a great opportunity for her to get either the collet or the 3 string Greville necklace out.

I suspect it will be the Wurttemberg. I so do hope the Cambridge's start to be the lead royals on these banquets.

Queen Elizabeth will be wearing the sash of the Order of the Netherlands Lion. Prince Charles, and maybe Camilla if she gets it, will wear the sash of the Order of Orange-Nassau.

As for the tiaras, I think it is a good opportunity for Camilla to wear the Delhi Durbar tiara again. It is a "grander" tiara IMHO than her usual Greville and with greater historical significance.

Finally, I would also love to see Catherine at the Guildhall banquet as she could actually wear two different tiaras during the state visit.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Queen Elizabeth will be wearing the sash of the Order of the Netherlands Lion. Prince Charles, and maybe Camilla if she gets it, will wear the sash of the Order of Orange-Nassau.

Forgot about the sash. Ais it blue/orange the Queen could also wear a diamond tiara and a sapphire necklace (the one from Oman would be nice as it was not seen for some time)

Quote:
As for the tiaras, I think it is a good opportunity for Camilla to wear the Delhi Durbar tiara again. It is a "grander" tiara IMHO than her usual Greville and with greater historical significance.
I have my doubts that Camilla will wear the Delhi Durbar tiara as last year at the SV from Spain she also used her favourite Honeyomb tiara but it would be great to see it again.

Old 07-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

Camilla could sport her large brooch-seen once at Ascot-with the orange stone. Or at least any other brooch, cause she's kind of forgotten about them!!!!
Old 07-26-2018, 03:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Camilla could sport her large brooch-seen once at Ascot-with the orange stone. Or at least any other brooch, cause she's kind of forgotten about them!!!!
That would be lovely. But I query if Camilla still has access to some of the jewels she wore early in her marriage including the 2 emerald and diamond brooches previously worn by QEQM, the emerald leek brooch, the cabuchon emerald and diamond earrings, the collet necklace. ........
Old 08-01-2018, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guesses for the French state visit to Denmark this month:

Margrethe: emerald tiara
Mary: ruby necklace tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Old 08-03-2018, 05:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post

I think it might be the Pearl Poire or the Aigerette to match with the red French sash.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:

I'm also thinking of which tiaras that have French origin or symbolism.

Mary's Ruby tiara would of course have that, made for Napoleon's coronation. The question is if it is too grand to wear on a state banquet for a visiting president.

Marie's Flora Danica tiara have lilies in it, which is a nod to her being born French. It would nice to see this tiara as a change.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post

Mary's Ruby tiara would of course have that, made for Napoleon's coronation. The question is if it is too grand to wear on a state banquet for a visiting president.

Marie's Flora Danica tiara have lilies in it, which is a nod to her being born French. It would nice to see this tiara as a change.
There are other jewels in the Danish vaults with Napoleonic connections. It would be a nice touch to wear them. Macron might be a president but he's definitely one with a lot of grandeur around (and in) him.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post

Mary has never worn the danish ruby tiara during a state visit to/from a republic. That's one of the reasons why I predict the ruby necklace tiara.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:

[...]

The strange thing is: the Prince of Wales has the Grand-Cross in the Order of Orange-Nassau (a State Order) but opted for a dynastic one instead in Amsterdam the Order of the House Orange: picture

We can expect the Dutch King to hand out this dynastic Order to Camilla, because of the lack of reciprocity (QEII not giving an Order to Máxima). So Camilla will possibly receive the same Order as Charles wore in Amsterdam.

On this picture the Prince of Asturias wears the Grand-Cross in the Order of Orange-Nassau, the State Order which was also bestowed on Prince Charles in 1982 - see picture.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The strange thing is: the Prince of Wales has the Grand-Cross in the Order of Orange-Nassau (a State Order) but opted for a dynastic one instead in Amsterdam the Order of the House Orange: picture

That is indeed strange. Another mix-up from his valet, as when his father showed up at King Baudouin's funeral with a Congolese order ? Well, the latter was a much bigger blunder.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Upcoming Belgian state visits:

State visit to Portugal in the autumn of 2018
State visit to Brazil in 2019
State visit to Luxembourg in 2019
Old 08-13-2018, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Upcoming Belgian state visits:

State visit to Portugal in the autumn of 2018
State visit to Brazil in 2019
State visit to Luxembourg in 2019

The only white-tie state dinner above will be in Luxembourg. The dress code in Portugal is black tie, but I suppose the Queen will wear one of her small tiaras. The dress code in Brazil, on the other hand, is now business suit only and I doubt there will be any tiara appearance.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The only white-tie state dinner above will be in Luxembourg. The dress code in Portugal is black tie, but I suppose the Queen will wear one of her small tiaras. The dress code in Brazil, on the other hand, is now business suit only and I doubt there will be any tiara appearance.

There where white tie State Dinners for the State visits from Spain and the Netherlands recently in Portugal. So there is hope that at the belgian state Visit it will also be white tie.

Perhaüs there is a little chance that at the State visit to Luxembourg the spanish Wedding gift tiara will come out or do we have to wait for a spanish State Visit.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Do we have any tiara events in September?
Old 08-30-2018, 10:16 PM
Serene Highness

Regarding the upcoming Dutch State Visit to UK. What i think it will be...

QEII : Grand Duchess Vladimir Tiara with Pearls or Emeralds. Or maybe Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara paired with Sapphire Jewels.

Maxima : Stuart Tiara (with or without the Stuart diamond) or the grand Sapphire Tiara.

Camilla : Greville Boucheron Tiara.

Kate : Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara.

What i would love to see......

QE II : George IV State Diadem.

Maxima : Württemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara with all the detatchable Pearl drops attatched (the way Beatrix wore it at her wedding)

Camilla : Teck Crescent Tiara.

Kate : Cartier Halo Tiara.

I wounder if there will be a Guildhall Banquet this time or only a "Return Lunch" as it will only be a 2-Day State Visit and not 3.

There should be a representation dinner coming up here in Sweden sometime in October after the elections are done and we have a new government and new MP's in place. Though i expect it to be late in October.
Old 08-31-2018, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post

There should be a representation dinner coming up here in Sweden sometime in October after the elections are done and we have a new government and new MP's in place. Though i expect it to be late in October.

There is already a Sweden Dinner announced for 14. September. But then well not get to see tiaras.

There should also be the annual Gala for the members of the Storting in Norwaqy perobablyx sometimes in October.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
. There should be a representation dinner coming up here in Sweden sometime in October after the elections are done and we have a new government and new MP's in place. Though i expect it to be late in October.
Quote:
There is already a Sweden Dinner announced for 14. September. But then well not get to see tiaras.
There should also be a Parliament Dinner this fall in Sweden. Probably in late October or November. That is black tie as well. So I don't expect a Representation dinner until late November or early December.

Closed Thread