The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Nobility

State visit from Netherlands to UK. my first guess until we have guest list and more details.

Q.Maxima Stuart Tiara/ Ruby Parure
Q.Elizabeth II Kokoshnik fringe

Old 07-03-2018, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
State visit from Netherlands to UK. my first guess until we have guest list and more details.

Q.Maxima Stuart Tiara/ Ruby Parure
Q.Elizabeth II Kokoshnik fringe

I think Queen Elizabeth II will wear the tiara she feels more comfortable with. At her age, I am not sure she will dust off the Kokoshnik just to match the Stuart tiara, which I believe will be Maxima's choice.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

I would say it's going to be the Stuart tiara for Queen Maxima. But which version? A UK visit would be an excellent opportunity for the original, grand version. But the smaller version which she has recently worn in Luxembourg is soooo beautiful! (Which can't be said of the full version.) And then, we don't know what other versions are possible for the tiara. Maybe there is something a bit grander without going out full?

Queen Elizabeth wore the aquamarine tiara only last year, and that one must be rather heavy as well with the chunky aquamarines. So I don't think that the kokoshnik is out of the race. It would be nice to see it again. Or the Vladimir with the pearls.

It's really sad that Meghan won't be in Britain, as we'd all love to see her with a tiara again. Kate will probably wear Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara. It's extremely unlikely that Camilla will wear anything other than the honeycomb, although no doubt many of us would like to see the Delhi durbar again. The festoon tiara for Anne, the five aquamarine for Sophie, palmette for the Duchess of Gloucester, fringe for Princess Michael.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I would say it's going to be the Stuart tiara for Queen Maxima. But which version? A UK visit would be an excellent opportunity for the original, grand version. But the smaller version which she has recently worn in Luxembourg is soooo beautiful! (Which can't be said of the full version.) And then, we don't know what other versions are possible for the tiara. Maybe there is something a bit grander without going out full?

Queen Elizabeth wore the aquamarine tiara only last year, and that one must be rather heavy as well with the chunky aquamarines. So I don't think that the kokoshnik is out of the race. It would be nice to see it again. Or the Vladimir with the pearls.

It's really sad that Meghan won't be in Britain, as we'd all love to see her with a tiara again. Kate will probably wear Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara. It's extremely unlikely that Camilla will wear anything other than the honeycomb, although no doubt many of us would like to see the Delhi durbar again. The festoon tiara for Anne, the five aquamarine for Sophie, palmette for the Duchess of Gloucester, fringe for Princess Michael.
I think Max will wear either the Stuart or the Sapphire tiara that she wore at their Inauguration.

Personally, I think it will be the Stuart. The outing in Luxembourg was just a little test drive for the main event in London. IMO, there is a reasonable chance that we will see the bigger version of the Stuart tiara.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-03-2018, 12:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I would say it's going to be the Stuart tiara for Queen Maxima. But which version? A UK visit would be an excellent opportunity for the original, grand version. But the smaller version which she has recently worn in Luxembourg is soooo beautiful!
I agree! The grander version is definitely stunning but not wearable to me (same feeling for Luxembourg's Empire tiara), but I don't mind Maxima prove me wrong. Or Württemberg Ornate Pearl with the top row of pearls? seems she kinda likes that one.

I guess Sapphire for QEII? just because the Order of the Netherlands Lion is blue (and orange, but BRF doesn't got a citrine or topaz tiara), or GDV with pearls.

I would be surprised (and very glad) to see Camilla wear something other than the Honeycomb. Hoping Kate will bring out the halo again as I just want someone to do justice to this gorgeous sparkling piece. Meander tiara for Anne, I simply love that one. I don't know why but my first feeling is that Sophie may wear her wedding tiara......hopefully not. And Meghan just missed her first tiara chance after marriage *sigh*.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The last time QEII wore the Kokoshnik in public was, I believe, at the Mexican State dinner in 2015, which is not so long ago. I believe it must be quite heavy to wear, but it is a possibility.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:19 PM
Nobility

previous Tiaras on Dutch -UK state visits

Queen Elizabeth II. 1958. GD Vladimir with pearls, Kokoshnik, Girls of Great Britain and Ireland.
Queen Elizabeth II 1972 GD Vladimir with pearls, Kokoshnik.
Queen Elizabeth II 1982. GD Vladimir with pearls, Burmese Ruby.

Queen Juliana: 1950. Wuerttemberg Pearl.
Queen Juliana: 1958. Stuart & Diamond Bandeau.
Queen Juliana 1972 Stuart & Saphire
Queen Beatrix 1982, Wuerttember Pearl, Q.Emmas Diamond, Saphire Tiara.

I think it would be a nice tardition if Elizabeth II wears the GD Vladimir again.
I wounder if its possible to finish the state visit with a gala at the Guildhall?
Old 07-03-2018, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

As the British State Visits are among the grandest I'd expect Queen Maxima to surprise us all and will really wear the house best!

My guess is the Württemberg or Stuart Tiaras.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Old 07-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess:

Maxima - the Stuart (not sure which setting, praying for largest!) or Württemberg tiara
QE2 - GD Vladimir with pearls (Mary-Rose's post points out she's worn in last three Dutch state visits and I think Angela Kelly will know that)

I would love to see Anne in the mysterious double meander she wore once and Cams in the Delhi Durbar Tiara. I suspect though they and the other royal ladies will revert to their usual choices.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think maxima will wear the Stuart tiara. My second guess would be the large pearl tiara. No matter what tiara she will wear I hope she wears the Stuart necklace:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Breaking Jewel News of the Day: Queen Máxima Wears the Stuart Diamond Necklace
Old 07-06-2018, 02:45 AM
Courtier

Always think that necklace can be turned into a gorgeous tiara. But obviously the Dutch has no need to do that.
Old 07-06-2018, 06:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Always think that necklace can be turned into a gorgeous tiara. But obviously the Dutch has no need to do that.
I agree, it would make a lovely tiara, not too dissimilar in style to the GGBI tiara worn by QE2
Old 07-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Majesty

I hope Queen Maxima will wear a full parure, not necessarily the Parure with the House Diamonds. For an example the Grand Sapphire Parure in full setting, or the Mellerio Ruby Parure in full setting, with collier, corsage de devant, a fan or ostrich feather would be amazing on Queen Máxima:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HvepAyQLu...22-juliana.png
Old 07-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Royal Highness

Queen Elizabeth - Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik, Coronation Collet Necklace, Cullinin III & IV Brooch
Duchess of Cornwall - Greville Diamond Tiara, Greville 5 Strand Diamond Necklace
Duchess of Cambridge - Queen Mary's Lovers Knot Tiara, Nizam of Hyderabad Necklace
Princess Royal - Meander Tiara, Collier Riesselle Necklace
Queen Maxima - House Diamond Parure.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent

^ 'ALL GOOD', in fact that would be spectacular..
Old 07-06-2018, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Sadly I cannot see the Princess Royal 'having any truck' with the Collier résille, uncomfortable to wear [as it MUST be].
If anyone might be persuaded to wear it [indeed if it EVEN still exists] it is likely to be the Duchess of Cambridge, who has the long, swan like neck it demands !
Old 07-06-2018, 09:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Sadly I cannot see the Princess Royal 'having any truck' with the Collier résille, uncomfortable to wear [as it MUST be].
If anyone might be persuaded to wear it [indeed if it EVEN still exists] it is likely to be the Duchess of Cambridge, who has the long, swan like neck it demands !
I think the Duchess of Cambridge may well be the next person to wear the collier resille, but it may well be at the next coronation, rather than a state visit.

It would be good to see Catherine wear the Nizam necklace again though.

As regards Camilla, I would be delighted to see her wear either 3 strings of the Greville necklace, or the collet collier she has used in the past.

I think Anne will probably wear her married diamond parure with the Festoon tiara.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'd be surprised if Màxima doesn't go full out on this British State Visit. I don't think the first outing of a version of the Stuart tiara is a coincidence and it was meant as a test drive to see how it would feel and wear for an entire evening. And if she doesn't go with the Stuart, it'll be another big one meant to impress, so that leaves the Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara, Mellerio Ruby or Mellerio Sapphire.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

There is a possibility that Pss Mabel will be invited for the state dinner or the contra-prestation (if there is one). Pss Irene got invited to the state dinner in Paris when her mother paid a state visit. Pss Christina -who lives in Italy much of the year- and P[rince Jaime and his wife Viktoria got invited to the state dinner in Rome when the king paid a state visit last year.

If she does attend, I expect a smaller tiara. Up to now she only wore the sunburst tiara and the pearl buttons.

For Queen Maxima the Stuart is likely. I hope the Stuart will be on top of the tiara, but if not I suspect it will be worn as a pendant to a brooch. I don't expect the entire parure as the queen seldom wears one. But it would be great to see the necklace too. For the second day I am hoping for the sapphires.

For Queen Elizabeth II I am hoping for the Vladimir with those marvelous emeralds.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

I love the idea that Princess Mabel might attend the State Banquet in London. I think that she's very attached to her wedding tiara, but she could also wear another small tiara. I'd like to see her with the diamond base of the antique pearl tiara, the same as Princess Victoria wore in Rome. The laurel tiara would be another lovely choice for her.

I'll be surprise if Queen Maxima doesn't bring the tiara from the house diamond parure. The question is: which version will she wear? The full version with the Steward diamond is a possibility, emphasizing the connection between the British and Dutch royal families. But maybe she will surprise us with another unseen version of the tiara? We don't really know exactly how versatile this tiara might really be.

I don't expect anything out of the ordinary for the British royals, but it would be great to see something other than the usual tiaras on them. Especially Camilla has overused the honeycomb tiara. My wish would be to see her with the Teck crescent tiara. And I'd love to see the Queen with the Oriental circlet once again. Though one of her usual diamond tiaras seems to be a more realistic guess.