Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ruby tiara isn't my favorite, but like you said - it's time now to let go of the past controversy. That is one of the reasons why I'm suggesting that Victoria should wear it. Countess Marianne wouldn't object. And it would be interesting to see what Victoria could do with it! I think it would be a great look with her dark hair + the rubies.

Interesting that we are seeing the tiara without the emeralds. It fits P. Sofia's head so much better this way. Glad that they have adjusted the tiara to fit her head and that it has some adapting possibilities.

Wow I never liked Sofia's tiara before but I loved it tonight. It looks so much better without the spearmint emeralds. And it has either been adjusted, or is just position better, as it looks so better positioned on her.

Reminds me of when she wears the small cut steel. The cut steel suits her, like it suits no one else, the pay she positions it. Sofia is the only one who I like it and the four buttons on.

It's a mystery why they use the Cameo so rarely. Maybe it's fragile but it can't be in bad quality as Victoria could wear it without any issues for a whole day at her wedding.

Somehow I suspect the Cameo becomes a heirloom bride tiara which only reserves for future Sweden queen (which means the next time we can see it again may be Estelle's wedding in far future), I hope I am wrong. :bang:

Actually the ruby tiara is quite difficult to wear, it's so tall and has so many space. I don't think anyone besides Silvia (and her hair) can pull it off. (does the ruby tiara reserve for the queen only?) btw I am groaning WHY AMETHYSTS BUT NOT THE RUBY when I see Silvia's red gown. I think IF Victoria can change her hairstyle (just looser) it may look good on her.

Good to see Sofia adjust the tiara's shape! Its base always look too flat to me. I hope she also remove the upper diamond between the palmettes if it allows, it's just too poking out to me.

Somehow I suspect the Cameo becomes a heirloom bride tiara which only reserves for future Sweden queen (which means the next time we can see it again may be Estelle's wedding in far future), I hope I am wrong. :bang:

It as actually worn a lot of times by Queen Silvia after her Wedding. The last time she has worn it was at an State Visit to Austria in 2007. It would be a pity if this would only worn by ther heiress at their Weddings.

Actually the ruby tiara is quite difficult to wear, it's so tall and has so many space. I don't think anyone besides Silvia (and her hair) can pull it off. (does the ruby tiara reserve for the queen only?) btw I am groaning WHY AMETHYSTS BUT NOT THE RUBY when I see Silvia's red gown. I think IF Victoria can change her hairstyle (just looser) it may look good on her.

The ruby tiara certainly wasn't made to fit todays tiara criterias ? But it's a piece with a long royal history. It's also the only ruby tiara that the swedish family has access to.

In my dreams, Victoria would start wearing this - and also eventually make some modifications to it.

Let's hope for a surprise at this year's Nobels. With 4-5 royal ladies and on two nights, they should be able to give us something special.
I would like to see Victoria with a the aquamarine kokoshnik, or the pink topaz suite. Madeleine should try the large cut steel tiara. For the Queen I really hope that the breaks the rule that she alternates between the Leuchtenberg and the 9 prongs for the Nobels. It's more than time to wear the cameos again. And as for Sofia, I'd like to see if the new open halo-style setting of the wedding tiara also works with the emeralds.

I agree with all, who would like too something different at nobel prize this year..

I think during the past 7 years we had a change for use of jewels in swedish royal family. Silvia shared The Connaught with her daughters, the Aquamarine kokoshnik seems to be back at the vault and "often" in use now. I also noticed Silvia wears the "small" Tiaras more often, in 2016/17 she wore both the Amethyst and Baden Fringe twice.
Tbh. i really hate the Cameo Tiara, it looks to costume for me, so i dont like to see it more often. But the Ruby Tiara would be really great, at least for the second dinner.
Maybe im to optimist, but Maybe we will see Victoria with 9 Prong, i know Usually its been worn by Q.Silvia, but also Lillian wore the Tiara for nobel prize..

I agree with all, who would like too something different at nobel prize this year..

I think during the past 7 years we had a change for use of jewels in swedish royal family. Silvia shared The Connaught with her daughters, the Aquamarine kokoshnik seems to be back at the vault and "often" in use now. I also noticed Silvia wears the "small" Tiaras more often, in 2016/17 she wore both the Amethyst and Baden Fringe twice.
Tbh. i really hate the Cameo Tiara, it looks to costume for me, so i dont like to see it more often. But the Ruby Tiara would be really great, at least for the second dinner.
Maybe im to optimist, but Maybe we will see Victoria with 9 Prong, i know Usually its been worn by Q.Silvia, but also Lillian wore the Tiara for nobel prize..

Yes the Aquamarine Kokoshnik set seems to be back in use now :) Probably because Princess Margaretha keeps it at the jewel vault in Stockholm and not in her home (lesson from the fate of Christinas tiara maybe) she probably think it should be used too :) Would love to see Victoria and Sofia use it for the first time.

Wether the Nine Prong Tiara will be used by someone else than Silvia depends on if anyone else have a matching headshape for it. It's the only tiara in the swedish vault that is 100 % nonflexible.

I think we will se Silvia more and more in the smaller tiaras the older she gets.

I think we will se Silvia more and more in the smaller tiaras the older she gets.

Most probably (even though I don't think the amethyst tiara is a small tiara at all), but I would like to see her in the Braganza many more times. That will not happen for Nobels though... or that would be a major surprise!

The ruby tiara isn't my favorite, but like you said - it's time now to let go of the past controversy. That is one of the reasons why I'm suggesting that Victoria should wear it. Countess Marianne wouldn't object. And it would be interesting to see what Victoria could do with it! I think it would be a great look with her dark hair + the rubies.

I would guess that we won´t see the ruby tiara more regular until countess Marianne Passes away. Even though i don´t think she will object to it´s use the press could drag it up again and with her the last "Connection" to Prince Sigvard is gone if you understand what i mean..

I would guess that we won´t see the ruby tiara more regular until countess Marianne Passes away. Even though i don´t think she will object to it´s use the press could drag it up again and with her the last "Connection" to Prince Sigvard is gone if you understand what i mean..

Correct. The swedish media (wich is not exactly "monarchy-friendly") wouldn't hesitate to go on and on and on with the old infected tiara-fight between the King and his late uncle. I don't think Countess Marianne has ever cared about that thing as much as her late husband did but the media certainly does. The Queen has worn it to the Nobel Dinner at the Royal Palace on 11 December before so we might see it there but i doubt it will be used frequently during very high profile events like the Nobel Award Ceremony and Dinner on 10 December and incoming-outgoing state visits until Marianne has passed away.

Most probably (even though I don't think the amethyst tiara is a small tiara at all), but I would like to see her in the Braganza many more times. That will not happen for Nobels though... or that would be a major surprise!

Yes the Amethysts is indeed an impressing parure. Not the grandest in the vault but definitely not small. I would say It's medium-sized.

Would love to see the Queen wearing the Braganza tiara again. The way she wore it during Victorias Wedding might have been It's best outing ever. It will probably be on official portraits and maybe also during a monarchy State visit though she seems to prefer the Sapphires and the Nine Prong tiara nowdays to big events. The Braganza is probably heavy. I read somewhere that Queen Louise complained that it always gave her headaches.

My guesses for the diplomatic dinner:

Kate: lovers knot tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara

Silvia actually said that the Braganza tiara is heavy and difficult to wear, and she leaves it for very special occasions. Probably we wouldn't have some many chances to see it again unless there are any major special events in future.:bang:

I wonder if HMQ has any Pearl bracelets/cuffs to lend the Duchess of Cambridge ? If so, possibly those and the 'Lovers knot Tiara', with the Jenny Packham gown worn the other day for this years Diplomatic Reception ?

Altho' I suspect the Duchess of Cornwall will wear the Honeycomb AGAIN, the Delhi Durbar would be 'a treat'.

HMQ in the 'Girls', I hope [light but substantial].

Last edited:
Silvia actually said that the Braganza tiara is heavy and difficult to wear, and she leaves it for very special occasions. Probably we wouldn't have some many chances to see it again unless there are any major special events in future.:bang:

Until a few years ago she used to wear it at incoming State Visits from other monarchies. But for the luxembrugian State Visit 10 years ago and i beleive also one from Jordan she wore anothe tiara. But i would be nice if she would start that again. As there will probably State Visits from the 3 new Kings in the next years we would see it quiet a few times.

I wonder if HMQ has any Pearl bracelets/cuffs to lend the Duchess of Cambridge ? If so, possibly those and the 'Lovers knot Tiara', with the Jenny Packham gown worn the other day for this years Diplomatic Dinner ?

Altho' I suspect the Duchess of Cornwall will wear the Honeycomb AGAIN, the Delhi Durbar would be 'a treat'.

HMQ in the 'Girls', I hope [light but substantial].

I am sure we will see Kate in the lovers knott. It seems her choice now. And we have already seen Kate in pearl bracelets.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/onnq7qRysNI/maxresdefault.jpg

But the queen does have ones to loan like the queen Mary pearl bracelet

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Queen Mary's Pearl Bracelet

So far though Kate seems to favor pairing the tiara with diamond jewelry.

Until a few years ago she used to wear it at incoming State Visits from other monarchies. But for the luxembrugian State Visit 10 years ago and i beleive also one from Jordan she wore anothe tiara. But i would be nice if she would start that again. As there will probably State Visits from the 3 new Kings in the next years we would see it quiet a few times.

Yes the last time she wore it for a visiting monarch, was the state visit by the Emperor and Empress of Japan in 2000 (or the outgoing state visit to Denmark in 2007). But she also wore the Leuchtenberg tiara for the state visit of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. But indeed these state visits are coming. closer and the possibility for the Braganza to be used.

I would say that these monarchy state visits are special occasions. I guess other special events in the future is the King's golden jubilee in 2023, the King's 75th birthday 2021, and 80th in 2026. One could hope for a grand celebration for the 200 year jubilee of the House of Bernadotte on the Swedish throne next year. :whistling:

:previous: Also a possible golden wedding anniversary of the king and queen in 2026. It's too bad all the most recent major wedding anniversaries of many kings and queens have not been celebrated In public ways, like gala dinners/concerts where they wear tiaras.

If both C G and Silvia is alive and well for their golden wedding anniversary, i can imagine that Silvia would want to wear the Cameo Tiara for a gala or at least official portraits. But i wouldn't mind if she took the Braganza instead ;)

Sadly, the opportunities for galas seems to be fewer and fewer. Only QMII seems to love full state galas the old way nowdays to every possible occassion. And she does it with that honour ;)

I would love to see the Braganza Tiara again but she seems to prefer the Sapphires or Nine Prong Tiara these days even to "monarchy-State visits".

Imagine Silvia and Maxima having a "Battle of the Sapphires" during a dutch state visit to Sweden ;)

Last edited:
Silvia never wear Braganza tiara again after Victoria's wedding, right? I guess she would only wear it again for state visit between the Scandinavian. (imagine Braganza & Josephine’s Diamond, aww :in_love:)

If both C G and Silvia is alive and well for their golden wedding anniversary, i can imagine that Silvia would want to wear the Cameo Tiara for a gala or at least official portraits. But i wouldn't mind if she took the Braganza instead ;)
It's possible because she wore the Braganza for her first official portrait.:flowers:

As there will probably State Visits from the 3 new Kings in the next years we would see it quiet a few times.
OT but WHAT???? I am excited:clap:

Imagine Silvia and Maxima having a "Battle of the Sapphires" during a dutch state visit to Sweden ;)

Better would be a battle of the Braganza tiara and the Stuart tiara.

Btw. is there a pic from the Wedding in 2010 showing Queen Silvia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa together. A battle of the walls of diamonds.

:previous:
*A wall of Diamonds* between Queen Silvia and the Grand Duchess Maria, now that would make my heart flutter like crazy.........darn how blinding that would be for everyone around them.......:lol:

Sadly, the opportunities for galas seems to be fewer and fewer. Only QMII seems to love full state galas the old way nowdays to every possible occassion. And she does it with that honour ;)

I would love to see the Braganza Tiara again but she seems to prefer the Sapphires or Nine Prong Tiara these days even to "monarchy-State visits".

Btw. is there a pic from the Wedding in 2010 showing Queen Silvia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa together. A battle of the walls of diamonds.

Anyway, I think that the Braganza is quite likely for the (possible) upcoming monarchy state visits. As you said a Braganza and Stuart battle would be amazing

It would be fantastic to see the Braganza tiara again to any occassion. Didn't she wear it to a representation Dinner a few years back when she and the King came straight to the Dinner from a photo session ?

Can we please have such an opportunity again for the first representation Dinner of 2018 ! ;)

Btw. As much as i would love to see the Stuart Tiara again, i think Maxima would have worn it by now if she has any interest in wearing it.

This was the closest they got i think ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 118
It would be fantastic to see the Braganza tiara again to any occassion. Didn't she wear it to a representation Dinner a few years back when she and the King came straight to the Dinner from a photo session ?

Can we please have such an opportunity again for the first representation Dinner of 2018 ! ;)

Btw. As much as i would love to see the Stuart Tiara again, i think Maxima would have worn it by now if she has any interest in wearing it.

I think that actually is quite some years ago now. Without knowing I think that photo/dinner was in maybe 2004/2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom