Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My guesses for the state visit from Jordan

Maxima: rose cut tiara
Rania: Bracelet tiara

I guess Q Maxima will not wear grand piece this time. My guesses: emerald parure, or any pearl piece (antique pearl tiara, button tiara or emerald parure in pearl setting)

In 2006 Queen Rania wore this tiara, not the bracelet fortunately.
I really hope Q Rania bring this one again. Like the design and the concept behind. I don't mind she wears the emerald tiara, it suits her too. But please not the bracelet again. I wouldn't call it a tiara, it is a headband that only can be worn as a headband.

In 2006 there was a big turnout for the King of Jordan:

HM The King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
HM The Queen of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania of Jordan

HRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan
HRH Princess Noor Hamzah of Jordan

HRH
Princess Rahma of Jordan
Mr. Alaa Arif Al Batayneh

HRH Prince Contantijn of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands

HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands
Professor Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven

Picture

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A day later another big turn-out of royals:

HM The King of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
HM The Queen of the Netherlands
HM Queen Rania of Jordan

HRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan
HRH Princess Noor Hamzah of Jordan

HRH
Princess Rahma of Jordan
Mr. Alaa Aridf Al Batayneh

HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands
HRH Princess Margriet of the Netherlands

HH Prince Bernhard van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
HH Princess Annette van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

HH Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
HH Princess Anita van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

HH Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven
HH Princess Aimée van Oranje-Nassau, Van Vollenhoven

Picture

Would we have a chance to see Mabel this time? (Not sure what her current role in the rf)

Would we have a chance to see Mabel this time? (Not sure what her current role in the rf)

I don't think we will see Princess Mabel, she does not belong to the official Royal House. The adult members of the Royal House of the Netherlands are:

The King
Queen Máxima
Princess Beatrix
Prince Constantijn
Princess Laurentien
Princess Margriet
Professor Mr Pieter van Vollenhoven

The Van Vollenhoven family turned up for the return event in 2006 (means: invited by the host, King Abdullah) so we may assume there is a personal friendship between the Jordanian royal family and the Van Vollenhoven family. Besides this: Princess Mabel and her daughters live in London, not in the Netherlands.

The Jordanian SV to Sweden in 2000 also saw a large number of Jordanian royals accompanying the Royal Couple. But alas, it looks like they don't do that anymore (see the recent visit to Belgium). But I assume that a large number of Dutch royals will attend in style, as that's usually done for incoming royal SV's. I think that Princesses Beatrix, Margriet and also Laurentien will be out in tiaras. Mabel, I think not. Or at least she won't be in the official pictures. She is not a member of the Royal House and has no official role in that way. So she's likely to only attend private events.

For Rania I guess her favourite bracelet-tiara. It's been ages since has worn anything else, and I don't really see that now. Thought it would be nice to see one of her other tiaras again. I especially liked the tiara from the UK visit in 2001.

Queen Maxima won't go small, that's not like her :D. The Württemberg with all the pearl prongs would be great, but I could also be the the large sapphire tiara. The other Princesses are very difficult to guess, since they all have access to the same pool of jewels. But I think that we'll see the small sapphire tiara, the antique pearl tiara and the emerald tiara.

There will be a Representation/Official dinner at the Royal Palace on 24th November. According to the calendar only the King and Queen are set to attend, but I assume at least the Crown Princess Couple will attend as well.

Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

Tiara wise, I guess it will be business as usual.

There will be a Representation/Official dinner at the Royal Palace on 24th November. According to the calendar only the King and Queen are set to attend, but I assume at least the Crown Princess Couple will attend as well.

The Nine Prong or the Connaught for HM?

My guesses

Silvia: nine prong
Victoria: large cut steel
Sofia: four button tiara

The Nine Prong or the Connaught for HM?

My guesses

Silvia: nine prong
Victoria: large cut steel
Sofia: four button tiara

Yes, the Nine Prong or the Connaught is most likely for Queen Silvia. For home events this year she has worn; The Nine Prong for the State visit from Canada and the Connaught for the Official dinner in March. One might wish for the Connaught Ruby Tiara.

I would like to see the Baden Fringe for the Crown Princess, and I doubt Sofia will attend and save up for the Nobels instead.

Will Maxima get one of the ruby Parures out next week in Portugal?

Yes, the Nine Prong or the Connaught is most likely for Queen Silvia. For home events this year she has worn; The Nine Prong for the State visit from Canada and the Connaught for the Official dinner in March. One might wish for the Connaught Ruby Tiara.

I would like to see the Baden Fringe for the Crown Princess, and I doubt Sofia will attend and save up for the Nobels instead.

Lets hope the Queens wears the Nine Pronge for the Representations Dinner because then it is unlikely that she wears it again at the Nobels. Following her pattern of the last years of alternating between the Leuchtenberg Sapphires and the Nine Pronge for the Nobels it would be the turn of the Nine Pronge this year.

Queen Silvia has often worn the same tiara several times in a row. And since 2009 she has been alternating the Leuchtenberg and the prongs tiara for the Nobel Awards. Last year it was the Leuchtenberg, so this year... Unless, she decides to break this rule. I'd just love to see the cameo parure once again!

But for the representation dinner my guess is:
Silvia - Connaught
Victoria - Baden fringe
Sofia - her wedding tiara

Queen Maxima in Portugal:
I'd love to see the peacock tiara again, it's one of my favourite Dutch tiaras. But she has so many choices that it's hard to guess.

:previous:

I would love to see Q. Maxima with both the ruby peacock tiara and the ruby peacock necklace. But that is too much to hope for probably. She also tends to stay away from big necklaces when she wears a tiara.

:previous: That combination won't be seen at a visit to a democracy. But maybe she'll don both pieces at a higher profile event one day.

You mean a republic? Slip of the tongue ;).

It is unlikely indeed. As I said earlier, I am expecting something smaller: the awful emerald tiara is my best guess.

:previous: That combination won't be seen at a visit to a democracy. But maybe she'll don both pieces at a higher profile event one day.

It is unlikely indeed. As I said earlier, I am expecting something smaller: the awful emerald tiara is my best guess.

Well, Queen Silvia wore the full Leuchtenberg Sapphire Parure for the latest state visit in Portugal. So it is not impossible in a republic, more a matter of personal taste I guess.

My predication is the Mellerio Ruby Tiara, sure she uses it often, but it is grand enough without a large necklace.

Aarghh... of course I meant republic! What was i thinking? (Probably nothing at all :whistling:)

Actually the emerald parure would fit the Portuguese flags as well. And wouldn't it be a nice opportunity to add two more emerald prongs to the tiara? :D

The Portuguese order has a blue , white and black sash, if I not mistaken. That to me suggests that Max will go down the diamonds, or pearls and diamonds route. She could also wear sapphires, in which case expect the smaller sapphire necklace tiara which she has only worn once in 2010 in Denmark.

Not a lot of State Visits to Belgium this year ?
Sad because :I want to see

if Princess Asxtrid will wear again Queen Paola's Art Deco tiara
if Prince Laurent ad Princess Claire will attend and which tiara Claire should wear I or II

The Portuguese order has a blue , white and black sash, if I not mistaken. That to me suggests that Max will go down the diamonds, or pearls and diamonds route. She could also wear sapphires, in which case expect the smaller sapphire necklace tiara which she has only worn once in 2010 in Denmark.

There are several portugese Orders. And not all Queen Consorts have got the same. Queen Sonja has one with an red sash and Queen Silvia in blue white if i remeber right. So no Idea which one Máxima will get.

Not a lot of State Visits to Belgium this year ?
Sad because :I want to see

if Princess Asxtrid will wear again Queen Paola's Art Deco tiara
if Prince Laurent ad Princess Claire will attend and which tiara Claire should wear I or II

I don't expect Claire to attend any future state banquets in Belgium and I expect Astrid to wear the Art Deco tiara again as Queen Paola seems to have given it to her. I am still looking forward to seeing Queen Mathilde debut the Spanish wedding gift tiara. A state visit to or from Spain would be a good excuse to wear it. I also think a Belgian state visit to the UK is long overdue, but I find it unlikely that it will happen anytime soon (certainly not in 2018).

I don't expect Claire to attend any future state banquets in Belgium and I expect Astrid to wear the Art Deco tiara again as Queen Paola seems to have given it to her. I am still looking forward to seeing Queen Mathilde debut the Spanish wedding gift tiara. A state visit to or from Spain would be a good excuse to wear it. I also think a Belgian state visit to the UK is long overdue, but I find it unlikely that it will happen anytime soon (certainly not in 2018).

Much as it would be nice to see a Belgium - UK state visit, I don't see it as a dimplomatic priority for the UK. I think you are more likely to see a Dutch visit sooner.

The Norwegian Royal Family host the annual dinner for the Parliament, Stortingsmiddag, on 26 October. The King and Queen, the Crown Princess and Princess Astrid are set to attend, while Crown Prince Haakon is in Thailand for the cremation ceremony.

Offisielt program - kongehuset.no

Q Sonja: Queen Mauds's Diamond and Pearl tiara
CP Mette-Marit: Diamond daisy
P Astrid: The antennas

Last edited:
My predictions

Sonja: pearl tiara
Mette Marie: wedding tiara
Astrid: turquoise tiara

My prediction/wish

Q Sonja: Queen Maud's diamond and pearl tiara/Queen Josephine’s diamond tiara
CP Mette-Marit: Diamond daisy/ Vifte tiara
P Astrid: Turquoise tiara/ Vasa tiara

At the Stortingsmiddag tonight in Oslo:

Queen Sonja: Emerald Tiara
Crown Princess Mette-Marit: Amethyst Tiara
Princess Astrid: Antenna Tiara

There will be a Belgian visit to India in November. If there will be a tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the laurel wreath tiara.

There will be a Belgian visit to India in November. If there will be a tiara event, I think Mathilde will wear the laurel wreath tiara.

I don't think there will be a tiara Event in In dia. But there will be another State Visit as Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa will visit Japan at the End of November.
My guess is that the Grand Duchess will wear the belgian scroll tiara for the State Banquet. As for the imperial ladies they will wear the tiaras they always wear but i still hope that that Crown Princess Masako will wear the scroll Parure once again.

I agree, there won't be a tiara in India. So the visit to Japan will be full State Visit? Splendid!
I hope to see the vine leaves tiara on the Grand Duchess. As for the Japanese Ladies, Princess Hitachi and Princess Takamado are the only ones who wear different tiaras. It would be so great to see the Crown Princess with the scroll tiara once again, it has been ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom