Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we are thinking about wedding tiaras: What do you think will the future Princess of Hanover wear? The floral tiara? The Brunswick tiara? Or even the small wedding crown?

While we are thinking about wedding tiaras: What do you think will the future Princess of Hanover wear? The floral tiara? The Brunswick tiara? Or even the small wedding crown?

Difficult to say. The grooms grandmother Princess Ortrud wore a smaller diamond tiara and behind it the tiny Wedding Crown. Don't think the Wedding Crown would work behind the floral tiara or the brunswick tiara.
However the groom's mother Chatnal wore no tiara at all at her Wedding.

Queen Frederika wore 2 tiaras at her Wedding , her diamond tiara and on top the Crown of Hannovver , She had to give it back, it was a loan .

Last edited:
That would be very nice, though I prefer it as a necklace. Not shabby in either form!

I will go for a Leiningen piece of jewelry.

Different weddings.

The tiara duc is suggesting was for the future princess of Hannover, aka the bride of Ernst August Jr, Ekaterina.

The Prussian-Lenigen family it depends. Neither bride nor groom family, for all their royal blood, has no obvious tiata option. If the Leningens do have one, pretty likely will be worn. Seems more likely IMO then the bride having to borrow from her cousin Georg.

Last edited:
Difficult to say. The grooms grandmother Princess Ortrud wore a smaller diamond tiara and behind it the tiny Wedding Crown. Don't think the Wedding Crown would work behind the floral tiara or the brunswick tiara.
However the groom's mother Chatnal wore no tiara at all at her Wedding.
I don't think that the wedding crown will be worn again, especially not together with another tiara. That kind of look seems rather dated, imo, and the bride is a very fashion-conscious person. On the other hand, wedding tiaras seem to be very much en vogue at the moment, so I believe that Ekatarina will wear a tiara, unlike her mother-in-law.
That tiara-necklace hasn't been seen in public since Princess Ortrud, so it would be very nice to see it emerge again. I wonder if her jewels all went to Prince EA? What if this one went to her daughter, Princess Alexandra? So this one could re-appear on another bride: Viktoria of Prussia. :D

And if the case that this one did go to EA as well, it is likely that he received all the heirloom jewels, including the shamrock tiara, which Countess Elisabeth von Thurn und Valassina wore on her wedding to Prince Ludwig. I somehow don't think, that Ekatarina will wear it, but it could be a possibility.
Different weddings.

The tiara duc is suggesting was for the future princess of Hannover, aka the bride of Ernst August Jr, Ekaterina.

The Prussian-Lenigen family it depends. Neither bride nor groom family, for all their royal blood, has no obvious tiata option. If the Leningens do have one, pretty likely will be worn. Seems more likely IMO then the bride having to borrow from her cousin Georg.
I agree, a Leiningen tiara seems more likely. The groom is the heir, after all.
But not at the Hannover Wedding.
Unless my little theory above is true, and it was inherited by Princess Alexandra of Leiningen, nee Hannover. I only just realized how closely both grooms-to-be are related, they are first cousins.

Last edited:
My guesses:

Belgian state visit to Denmark:
Margrethe: Floral Aigrette Tiara
Mathilde: Nine Provinces Tiara
Mary: Ruby Parure
Marie: Floral Tiara
Benedikte: I think she won't attend (she's in grief)

Argentinian state visit to the Netherlands:
Maxima: Pearl Button Tiara with stars

But, I will be very happy if she will wear Stuart Tiara. Maxi please!! :)

I don't think other dutch royal ladies will attend.

State visit to Italy and Vatican:
Maxima: Antique Pearl Tiara

State visit from Spain to UK:
Letizia: Ansorena Tiara
Elizabeth: Maybe sapphire
Kate: Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

:previous: Do we know if Victoria officially inherited Lilian's tiara? She's the only one that has worn it since her death, isn't she?

Have to say, the small steel tiara is not my favourite piece, especially from the Swedish collection, but it looks much better on Sofia than on Vic, IMO.

absolutely love their jewellery choices and princess sofia tiara is positioned perfectly today maybe i would have liked if she wore a necklace also even a small diamond riviera but she looked very pretty in that red dress and the crown princess is perfect as usual .

:previous: Do we know if Victoria officially inherited Lilian's tiara? She's the only one that has worn it since her death, isn't she?

Have to say, the small steel tiara is not my favourite piece, especially from the Swedish collection, but it looks much better on Sofia than on Vic, IMO.

Yes, princess Lilian left in her will her the Laurel Wreath tiara to Victoria. She had also said already a long time ago in a book that she will leave the tiara to Victoria. It is a very lovely tiara and it is great that Lilian left it to Victoria so that it stays at the main line of the family.

yes she did inherit that tiara and princess madeleine inherited some of the late princess aquamarine pieces and the queen inherited the pearl , emerald , sapphire and rubies necklace .

Yes, princess Lilian left in her will her the Laurel Wreath tiara to Victoria. She had also said already a long time ago in a book that she will leave the tiara to Victoria. It is a very lovely tiara and it is great that Lilian left it to Victoria so that it stays at the main line of the family.
Yes, indeed, it looks very good on Victoria and that's something, because I don't consider it an easy piece tu pull off ;)

And if the case that this one did go to EA as well, it is likely that he received all the heirloom jewels, including the shamrock tiara, which Countess Elisabeth von Thurn und Valassina wore on her wedding to Prince Ludwig. I somehow don't think, that Ekatarina will wear it, but it could be a possibility.

I think I read somewhere that Prince Otto von Hannover inherited this tiara.

I think I read somewhere that Prince Otto von Hannover inherited this tiara.
If Prince Otto inherited the shamrock tiara it's likely that his siblings inherited jewels as well. So the (slightly) enlarges the chances, that Viktoria of Prussia will wear a Prussian tiara that Princess Alexandre hypothetically inherited. Well, that quite a bit of speculation ;).

There used to be a gorgeous peridot parure in Leiningen family as well, but I don't know what happened to it. And somewhere in my notes I found a comment that the greek key tiara which Princess Isabelle wore at her wedding actually is a Leiningen tiara. If that info is correct, it might be worn by one of the Leiningen brides, as the youngest brother Prince Hermann is also engaged.

If Prince Otto inherited the shamrock tiara it's likely that his siblings inherited jewels as well. So the (slightly) enlarges the chances, that Viktoria of Prussia will wear a Prussian tiara that Princess Alexandre hypothetically inherited. Well, that quite a bit of speculation ;).

There used to be a gorgeous peridot parure in Leiningen family as well, but I don't know what happened to it. And somewhere in my notes I found a comment that the greek key tiara which Princess Isabelle wore at her wedding actually is a Leiningen tiara. If that info is correct, it might be worn by one of the Leiningen brides, as the youngest brother Prince Hermann is also engaged.

But as it seems Prince Heinrich has not inherited a tiara as his wife wore only some sort of bejewelled headband at her Wedding.

As for the greek key tiara worn by Countess Isabelle of Egloffstein i doubt that this is a Leiningen piece. There was no member of Prince Karl-Emich Family at the religious Wedding apart from his 2 daughters so i don't think they would lend his bride a tiara.

But as it seems Prince Heinrich has not inherited a tiara as his wife wore only some sort of bejewelled headband at her Wedding.

As for the greek key tiara worn by Countess Isabelle of Egloffstein i doubt that this is a Leiningen piece. There was no member of Prince Karl-Emich Family at the religious Wedding apart from his 2 daughters so i don't think they would lend his bride a tiara.
That headband was a rather sumptuous choker necklace of Princess Thyra, Duchess of Cumberland. With not enough tiaras to spill out one to every sibling, it would make sense that some children had to receive other significant jewels. Anyway, it's just a theory.

As for the greek key tiara, I unfortunately didn't note where I found this note about it's origin. So I have no idea if it was reliable. Probably it wasn't.

I think she will wear the Brunswick tiara. I would be happy to see that tiara for the first time probably since 2004.

We've got some glittering days ahead of us.

On Monday evening, a state banquet will be held in honour of the President of Argentina in The Netherlands. Queen Máxima will certainly attend, and I expect we'll see princess Beatrix too.
I would usually say small tiaras for both ladies, however, since this is Queen Máxima's home country, I think she'll take a big gun out of the vaults. I'm hoping for the Sapphire tiara, but I can imagine it will be the Würtemberg pearl tiara or one of the ruby tiara's, which seem to be her favourite lately. For Queen Beatrix, I think she'll be wearing the diamond bandeau or Queen Emma's diamond tiara.

And then we have the Danish state banquet for the Belgians on Tuesday evening.
I think Queen Margarethe will wear the pearl tiara, CP Mary will wear her wedding tiara, as will princess Marie. For Queen Mathilde, I suppose she'll wear the Nine provinces, although I really hope she'll go for Queen Fabiola's spanish tiara.

What do you think?

I would like to see Queen Máxima in the Laurel Wreath Diadem or the Ears-of-Wheat Diadem, these are examples of diadems she has not worn yet.

I would like Princess Beatrix to wear the Antique Pearl Diadem. It looks terrific on her.

Queen Mathilde will possibly wear the Nine Provinces, seems a good guess.

Queen Margrethe hopefully pulls out the fabulous emerald parure once again.

Princess Mary will be in her wedding diadem, I expect.

Princess Marie in her only diadem.

Princes Benedikte looks unlikely to attend to me.

I think Maxima will wear the Diamond Bandeau and Beatrix will wear Emma's Tiara.

For Denmark, I think Margrethe will wear Emeralds, Mary will wear her wedding tiara (though I'd love to see her pull out the ruby as CP just once for a state visit), and Marie will wear her Flora Danica Tiara (wishful thinking, I know).

For Belgium, I think Mathilde will wear the Nine Provinces (hopefully the full thing).

Yes ,
Day 1 The Whole tiara with the Wolfers tiara as Necklace as Queen Fabiola did.
Day 2 Wedding Present tiara with Queen Fabiola's waterfall Brooch

Yes ,
Day 1 The Whole tiara with the Wolfers tiara as Necklace as Queen Fabiola did.
Day 2 Wedding Present tiara with Queen Fabiola's waterfall Brooch

Is it confirmed that there will be two tiara events in the Belgian state visit to Denmark ?

I believe Queen Margrethe II will wear the Pearl Poiré tiara at Tuesday's banquet; CP Mary will wear the full Ruby parure and, for Queen Mathilde, I expect the full version of the Nine Provinces.

If there is a second tiara event, I predict Queen Margrethe will choose the Baden Palmette, Mary will wear her new Midnight tiara and Mathilde will probably wear the Wolfers necklace as a tiara.

I doubt Mathilde will debut either the Spanish wedding gift tiara or the Art Deco bandeau, but, if she does, it will be a nice surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom