Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any attendance of the members of the royal family been confirmed at this stage?

There will be a state visit to Norway from Iceland in March. Here are my guesses

Sonja: Josephine's diamond tiara
Metre marit: wedding tiara
Martha Louise: amethyst tiara

I hope Queen Sonja will appear with the late Princess Ragnhild's sparkling diadem. The best opportunity would be the diner for the 80th birthday at the Opera in Oslo.

So we've got some jewel surprises tonight!

The Nine Prong for Queen Silvia.
The Amethists for princess Sofia for the first time! She's debuting a lot of family tiaras recently. Sadly enough not with an updo, again with the strange hairstyle.
The Aquamarine tiara for Princess Madeleine.

Its official. King Felipe and Queen Letizia make a state visist to Japan 4th-7th april. Of course i hope for a big Tiara, like Sofia in 2008 the Fleur de lys, or the Cartier Loop. But i have the feeling she will wear no Tiara in respect of the Empress. What do you think guys? Tiara? NO Tiara?. which Tiara?

Maxima wore the big Württemberg pearls tiara in Japan, while Mathilde wore the fairly small Wolfers tiara. So anything is possible. But with Queen Letizia, I'd put my money on a small tiara. We all know how she prefers understated jewellery. But I do think that she will wear one, given that the Japanese Princesses still always wear their full parures, even when the Empress wears no tiara at all.

If it must be a small one, I'd like to see the Mellerio wave tiara again. Wouldn't that be a nice bow to Hokusai's "Great Wave off Kanagawa"? But I half expect to see the floral tiara.

I predict letizia will wear her new tiara. I would love if she wore her shell tiara for the first time in about ten years however. As for Masako I think she will wear her sunburst tiara.

Last edited:
So we've got some jewel surprises tonight!

The Amethists for princess Sofia for the first time! She's debuting a lot of family tiaras recently. Sadly enough not with an updo, again with the strange hairstyle.
It wasnt just the strange hairstyle. The positioning of the tiara at the back of her head like a pillbox hat and the fact that it was attached crookedly looked very odd. Though anything that moves her away from the center part/hair glued to the scalp with a bottle of gel look is better than usual. She has that super high forehead which is accented by her usual hair style.

Here are my predictions for the Swedish dinner in March

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe
Madeleine: wedding tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara

I hope CP Masako wears the Crown Princess Scroll tiara although I expect she'll stick to the Pearl Sunburst.

Queen Letizia...hmmm... one of the Cartier tiaras would be amazing yet I suspect she'll wear her own Ansorena Princess Fleur de Lys Tiara or a smaller tiara borrowed from Queen Sofia.

with letizia the bar is so low that i would be very happy if she even wore a bracelet from joyas de pasar .

Last edited:
My guess is that as Letizia is very predictable on the jewelry front it will be the floral tiara and minimal everything else.

I guess the earrings of the joyas the pasar are th 1st part of the Fleur de lys she will wear, she seems to love earrings, maybe already this evening.. Today she received a new bracelet, would be nice if she wears it for the gala dinner today. But i doubt it.

King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima make a state visit to Italy and Vatican, i guess she will wear a little Tiara maybe the emerald or Q. Emmas DImaond Tiara. For the Argentin state visit i guess its the Diamond bandeau.

I guess the earrings of the joyas the pasar are th 1st part of the Fleur de lys she will wear, she seems to love earrings, maybe already this evening.. Today she received a new bracelet, would be nice if she wears it for the gala dinner today. But i doubt it.

King Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima make a state visit to Italy and Vatican, i guess she will wear a little Tiara maybe the emerald or Q. Emmas DImaond Tiara. For the Argentin state visit i guess its the Diamond bandeau.

Máxima may go with something bigger in a state visit from the president of her home country (of which BTW she is still a citizen last time I checked).

We have some glittering months ahead, with a few nice state visits.
I suppose Queen Letizia will wear something small in Japan, but I do really hope she borrows a tiara from Queen Sofia to show that she even has access to them now she's Queen.
We have the Belgians visiting Denmark in March (where we will likely see 4 or 5 tiaras in use).
We have the Argentinan president visiting the Dutch in March (hopefully princess Beatrix attends the state dinner too, then we'll have two tiaras). They also have their diplomatic reception in May or June, and they'll visit Italy. So we'll see at least three tiaras on Queen Máx before the summer. Hopefully she chooses three different tiaras.

Queen Letizi wears the FLEUR DE LYS: the BIG Fleur de lys..

I'm chocked!!! :eek:
All my tiara-guessing instincts have GONE. I'd never expected her to wear it before she tried the two other big tiaras. I thought she'd wait for years, or do a Beatrix (who never wore the big Stuart). And than at a visit from a Republic, when I had not even hoped to see it at a visit to GB. Really, I should give up this thread. :p
But of course I am very happy to see her with it.

Thank you, Your Majesty!

I'm chocked!!! :eek:
All my tiara-guessing instincts have GONE. I'd never expected her to wear it before she tried the two other big tiaras. I thought she'd wait for years, or do a Beatrix (who never wore the big Stuart). And than at a visit from a Republic, when I had not even hoped to see it at a visit to GB. Really, I should give up this thread. :p
But of course I am very happy to see her with it.

Thank you, Your Majesty!

I totally agree with you..

My predictions for Maxima:

Argentina visit: antique pearl tiara
Italy visit: rose cut tiara

So we just got two first-time tiaras within three days. Not bad. :D
What do you think will be the next one?

I find it hard to imagine that Letizia will inaugurate two first-timers in a row, so I expect one of the tiara she has already worn. Preferably the Mellerio shell tiara. Maybe HGD Stephanie? She seems to be quite a magpie and hasn't worn a new one for some time. There's a Luxembourg State Visit coming up, the National Day gala and maybe the 80th birthday celebrations in Norway are a tiara event as well. I'd love to see one of the Norwegian ladies with Queen Maud's diamond tiara, though that seems not very likely.

We still don't know the UK calender for state visits for this year. Depending on who the incoming visitors are, we could see some interesting bits emerge.

I hope Her Majesty's Government will propose an invitation to the King of the Netherlands. Last year the King and Queen did attend Remembrance Sunday. The Queen knows Willem-Alexander his whole life. He has studied in Wales.

The Netherlands always advocated British membership of the EU (as contraweight to the two other Benelux neighbours: Germany and France) and it will never harm the UK to have a friend in The Hague with a moderate effect on Germany and France in the Brexit talks. Again also out of Dutch interest: think at giant Anglo-Dutch multinationals like Royal Dutch Shell and Unilever...

No doubt that such a State Visit will have a promise of awesome good oldfashioned royal glitter... ;-)

I wonder how Queens Fabiola and Paola managed tiaras wthin 3 days as they had only 2! For Queen Mathilde Nine Province , Wolfers and Wedding tiaras. Thanks Queen Fabiola !

I wonder how Queens Fabiola and Paola managed tiaras wthin 3 days as they had only 2! For Queen Mathilde Nine Province , Wolfers and Wedding tiaras. Thanks Queen Fabiola !

Queen Fabiola actually had 3 tiaras at her disposal (the Nine Provinces, the Wolfers, and the Spanish wedding gift). Queen Paola had only two (the Nine Provinces and the Art Deco).

So far, Mathilde has also worn three tiaras since she became queen consort (the Nine Provinces, the Wolfers convertible necklace, and her own Brabant laurel wreath). It remains to be seen whether the Spanish wedding gift is also available to her or not. Hopefully she will surprise us at the Danish state visit and debut the Spanish tiara, but I wouldn't count, much less bet on that.

It is unfortunate that Queen Mathilde doesn't also have access to the Art Deco tiara , but I'm afraid that piece will definitely stay with Princess Astrid.

I hope Her Majesty's Government will propose an invitation to the King of the Netherlands. Last year the King and Queen did attend Remembrance Sunday. The Queen knows Willem-Alexander his whole life. He has studied in Wales.

The Netherlands always advocated British membership of the EU (as contraweight to the two other Benelux neighbours: Germany and France) and it will never harm the UK to have a friend in The Hague with a moderate effect on Germany and France in the Brexit talks. Again also out of Dutch interest: think at giant Anglo-Dutch multinationals like Royal Dutch Shell and Unilever...

No doubt that such a State Visit will have a promise of awesome good oldfashioned royal glitter... ;-)

I still have my fingers crossed for a Dutch state visit to Sweden this year.

I think the next queen we will see the art deco on will be Elisabeth. While Paola lends it to her daughter now, because of the shortage of tiaras in the family, I don't believe it will be given to astrid permanently. It will be fitting to see the future Queen Elisabeth in her namesakes tiara.

I do hope we see Mathilde in the wedding gift soon. :flowers:

I still have my fingers crossed for a Dutch state visit to Sweden this year.
Such a visit might give us another glimpse of the Braganza. It hasn't been used since Victoria's wedding, so it's long overdue.

Such a visit might give us another glimpse of the Braganza. It hasn't been used since Victoria's wedding, so it's long overdue.

Indeed, so it is about time some of the new monarchs visit Sweden, so Queen Silvia gets a reason to bring out the Braganza.

My predictions for the Belgian visit to Denmark

Mathilde: full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Margrethe: emerald parure
Mary: wedding tiara
Marie : wedding tiara
Benedikte: Fringe tiara

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom