The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-23-2017, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I think I read somewhere that Prince Otto von Hannover inherited this tiara.
If Prince Otto inherited the shamrock tiara it's likely that his siblings inherited jewels as well. So the (slightly) enlarges the chances, that Viktoria of Prussia will wear a Prussian tiara that Princess Alexandre hypothetically inherited. Well, that quite a bit of speculation .

There used to be a gorgeous peridot parure in Leiningen family as well, but I don't know what happened to it. And somewhere in my notes I found a comment that the greek key tiara which Princess Isabelle wore at her wedding actually is a Leiningen tiara. If that info is correct, it might be worn by one of the Leiningen brides, as the youngest brother Prince Hermann is also engaged.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
If Prince Otto inherited the shamrock tiara it's likely that his siblings inherited jewels as well. So the (slightly) enlarges the chances, that Viktoria of Prussia will wear a Prussian tiara that Princess Alexandre hypothetically inherited. Well, that quite a bit of speculation .

There used to be a gorgeous peridot parure in Leiningen family as well, but I don't know what happened to it. And somewhere in my notes I found a comment that the greek key tiara which Princess Isabelle wore at her wedding actually is a Leiningen tiara. If that info is correct, it might be worn by one of the Leiningen brides, as the youngest brother Prince Hermann is also engaged.
But as it seems Prince Heinrich has not inherited a tiara as his wife wore only some sort of bejewelled headband at her Wedding.

As for the greek key tiara worn by Countess Isabelle of Egloffstein i doubt that this is a Leiningen piece. There was no member of Prince Karl-Emich Family at the religious Wedding apart from his 2 daughters so i don't think they would lend his bride a tiara.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But as it seems Prince Heinrich has not inherited a tiara as his wife wore only some sort of bejewelled headband at her Wedding.

As for the greek key tiara worn by Countess Isabelle of Egloffstein i doubt that this is a Leiningen piece. There was no member of Prince Karl-Emich Family at the religious Wedding apart from his 2 daughters so i don't think they would lend his bride a tiara.
That headband was a rather sumptuous choker necklace of Princess Thyra, Duchess of Cumberland. With not enough tiaras to spill out one to every sibling, it would make sense that some children had to receive other significant jewels. Anyway, it's just a theory.

As for the greek key tiara, I unfortunately didn't note where I found this note about it's origin. So I have no idea if it was reliable. Probably it wasn't.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
While we are thinking about wedding tiaras: What do you think will the future Princess of Hanover wear? The floral tiara? The Brunswick tiara? Or even the small wedding crown?
I think she will wear the Brunswick tiara. I would be happy to see that tiara for the first time probably since 2004.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:21 AM
Aristocracy

We've got some glittering days ahead of us.

On Monday evening, a state banquet will be held in honour of the President of Argentina in The Netherlands. Queen Máxima will certainly attend, and I expect we'll see princess Beatrix too.
I would usually say small tiaras for both ladies, however, since this is Queen Máxima's home country, I think she'll take a big gun out of the vaults. I'm hoping for the Sapphire tiara, but I can imagine it will be the Würtemberg pearl tiara or one of the ruby tiara's, which seem to be her favourite lately. For Queen Beatrix, I think she'll be wearing the diamond bandeau or Queen Emma's diamond tiara.

And then we have the Danish state banquet for the Belgians on Tuesday evening.
I think Queen Margarethe will wear the pearl tiara, CP Mary will wear her wedding tiara, as will princess Marie. For Queen Mathilde, I suppose she'll wear the Nine provinces, although I really hope she'll go for Queen Fabiola's spanish tiara.

What do you think?
Old 03-25-2017, 06:42 AM
Majesty

I would like to see Queen Máxima in the Laurel Wreath Diadem or the Ears-of-Wheat Diadem, these are examples of diadems she has not worn yet.

I would like Princess Beatrix to wear the Antique Pearl Diadem. It looks terrific on her.

Queen Mathilde will possibly wear the Nine Provinces, seems a good guess.

Queen Margrethe hopefully pulls out the fabulous emerald parure once again.

Princess Mary will be in her wedding diadem, I expect.

Princess Marie in her only diadem.

Princes Benedikte looks unlikely to attend to me.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:33 AM
Serene Highness

I think Maxima will wear the Diamond Bandeau and Beatrix will wear Emma's Tiara.

For Denmark, I think Margrethe will wear Emeralds, Mary will wear her wedding tiara (though I'd love to see her pull out the ruby as CP just once for a state visit), and Marie will wear her Flora Danica Tiara (wishful thinking, I know).

For Belgium, I think Mathilde will wear the Nine Provinces (hopefully the full thing).
Old 03-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes ,
Day 1 The Whole tiara with the Wolfers tiara as Necklace as Queen Fabiola did.
Day 2 Wedding Present tiara with Queen Fabiola's waterfall Brooch
Old 03-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Yes ,
Day 1 The Whole tiara with the Wolfers tiara as Necklace as Queen Fabiola did.
Day 2 Wedding Present tiara with Queen Fabiola's waterfall Brooch

Is it confirmed that there will be two tiara events in the Belgian state visit to Denmark ?

I believe Queen Margrethe II will wear the Pearl Poiré tiara at Tuesday's banquet; CP Mary will wear the full Ruby parure and, for Queen Mathilde, I expect the full version of the Nine Provinces.

If there is a second tiara event, I predict Queen Margrethe will choose the Baden Palmette, Mary will wear her new Midnight tiara and Mathilde will probably wear the Wolfers necklace as a tiara.

I doubt Mathilde will debut either the Spanish wedding gift tiara or the Art Deco bandeau, but, if she does, it will be a nice surprise.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The Art Deco bandeau belongs to Queen Paola.
Old 03-25-2017, 01:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Is it confirmed that there will be two tiara events in the Belgian state visit to Denmark ?

I believe Queen Margrethe II will wear the Pearl Poiré tiara at Tuesday's banquet; CP Mary will wear the full Ruby parure and, for Queen Mathilde, I expect the full version of the Nine Provinces.

If there is a second tiara event, I predict Queen Margrethe will choose the Baden Palmette, Mary will wear her new Midnight tiara and Mathilde will probably wear the Wolfers necklace as a tiara.

I doubt Mathilde will debut either the Spanish wedding gift tiara or the Art Deco bandeau, but, if she does, it will be a nice surprise.
The return dinner always depends on the visiting Monarch/Head of State. Given the Belgians, I would be surprised if it's a tiara event. But since they're in Denmark, they might do it.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I think she will wear the Brunswick tiara. I would be happy to see that tiara for the first time probably since 2004.
I too think that she will wear the Brunswick tiara. But it might be the floral tiara as well. Although, maybe Prince Christian's bride will one day wear the floral tiara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
The return dinner always depends on the visiting Monarch/Head of State. Given the Belgians, I would be surprised if it's a tiara event. But since they're in Denmark, they might do it.
Even the Swedish didn't have tiaras at the return banquet in Denmark. And at the Belgium visit to NL it was also black tie. So I expect only one tiara event in Denmark.

Like everybody I hope for the Spanish gift tiara. But I expect to see the full version of the nine provinces tiara. Queen Margrethe will probably wear the pearl tiara. For Mary I guess it's her new ruby/spinel tiara, Marie in her floral wedding tiara.

In NL I hope for the ruby peacock tiara on Queen Maxima and maybe the pearl button tiara on Princess Beatrix. An added bonus would be to see Princess Margriet and/or Princess Laurentien as well. I'm not sure how good the chances are for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I would like to see Queen Máxima in the Laurel Wreath Diadem or the Ears-of-Wheat Diadem, these are examples of diadems she has not worn yet.

The two tiaras that Queen Maxima hasn't worn yet. I'd love to see her bridge that gap, so to speak. Especially the laurel wreath tiara is lovely and wearable, it's difficult to understand why she hasn't tried it yet. As for the ears-of-wheat tiara... It's not as flattering as the other tiaras in the collection, but Maxima could pull it off, I'm sure of it.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember for the second Evening of the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg is Sweden.
The Grand Duchess came wth a tiara and had to put it off as the Swedish Royals wore no tiaras. I hope this will never happen anymore !
Old 03-25-2017, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I remember for the second Evening of the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg is Sweden.
The Grand Duchess came wth a tiara and had to put it off as the Swedish Royals wore no tiaras. I hope this will never happen anymore !
She did that in Denmark too, except, as far as I know, she kept it on all night.

I'm all for more tiara events. If you got them, wear them.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post

I would like Princess Beatrix to wear the Antique Pearl Diadem. It looks terrific on her.

Queen Mathilde will possibly wear the Nine Provinces, seems a good guess.

Queen Margrethe hopefully pulls out the fabulous emerald parure once again.

Princess Mary will be in her wedding diadem, I expect.

Princess Marie in her only diadem.

Princes Benedikte looks unlikely to attend to me.

Isnt Elisabeth set to attend the Danish banquet? If I recall correctly she has one tiara at her disposal? (I'm relying on Twitter rumours here)
Old 03-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Isnt Elisabeth set to attend the Danish banquet? If I recall correctly she has one tiara at her disposal? (I'm relying on Twitter rumours here)
Yes ,Her Highness Princess Elisabeth owns the sapphire and diamond tiara,I've also seen her wear another one but not sure id she owns it or if it was on loan.

The sapphire and diamond tiara
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rB4Lk2AdK0.../s1600/0c3.jpg

Diamond Fringe Tiara

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...89ebdaaa5d.jpg
Old 03-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Yes ,Her Highness Princess Elisabeth owns the sapphire and diamond tiara,I've also seen her wear another one but not sure id she owns it or if it was on loan.

Diamond Fringe Tiara

I knew I could trust in you
Old 03-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

Diamond Fringe Tiara

The fringe looks to be Alexandrine's Fringe Tiara which is owned by Count Ingolf and worn by his wife Sussie.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
She did that in Denmark too, except, as far as I know, she kept it on all night

I'm all for more tiara events. If you got them, wear them.
When Fabiola and Baudouin visited Denmark during King Frederik IX's reign, there were two tiara nights, as was also the case when Queen Margrethe II visited Belgium. Those were different times though.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Diamond Fringe Tiara

She has worn the fringe tiara 1or 2 times. It was after her mother had passed away and before Count Ingolf was remarried. So he lonaed it to his sister.
But she has another small diamond tiara avalible which she usually loans to one of her nieces. She has worn it a few years ago when her diamond and sapphire tiara was included in an exhibition at Amalienborg Museum.