Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why but there is something about the empire which just looks wrong in MT. Looking at photos, often looks like a bad photo shop.

Not sure we will see the Lannoy tiara on Stephanie. It's her families piece. Unlike Diana who wore her family as a lighter option to the lovers knot, Stephanie has options in the royal vaults. Do hope to see her change it up.
Although I love the might of the Empire Ive never really liked it on MT especially not when she wore it at Victorias wedding. That is, until years later when I saw pics of MT from the side and from the back which made me fall head over heels in love with her look on that day.

The Luxembourgers are great tiara sharers, so there's a good chance to see the odd first-timer. I really hope that Claire and Alexandra will attend the gala again, and I mourn for not seeing Tessy.

Now, this is more of a wish than a guess, but it it goes:
MT: the wine leafs tiara
Stephanie: the aquamarine bandeau
Claire: the small floral tiara
Alexandra: the emerald peacock tiara

MT: Belgian scroll
Stephanie: Aquamarine
Claire: citrine/topaz tiara
Alexandra: peacock

What I would like to see

Last edited:
The Luxembourgers are great tiara sharers, so there's a good chance to see the odd first-timer. I really hope that Claire and Alexandra will attend the gala again, and I mourn for not seeing Tessy.

Now, this is more of a wish than a guess, but it it goes:
MT: the wine leafs tiara
Stephanie: the aquamarine bandeau
Claire: the small floral tiara
Alexandra: the emerald peacock tiara

I doubt all of the above will attend the gala.

Last edited:
:previous: Why:ermm: the whole family usually attends the national gala every year.

Not really. It's only been the whole family in 2015 and 2016 at the national gala. Those who attend the daytime events don't always attend the gala. At least the Cour/media has gotten better about photos in recent years.

2007: Henri, MT, Felix
2008: Henri, MT, Alexandra, Louis, Tessy
2009: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Felix
2010: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Alexandra, Louis, Tessy
2011: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Alexandra, Louis, Tessy, Sebastien? There's a photo Alexandra in the Citrine/Topaz tiara but I haven't seen a group photo.
2012: No gala photos although everyone except Sebastien attended the daytime events
2013: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Stephanie
2014: Henri, MT, Guillaume, Stephanie, Louis, Sebastien
2015: whole family
2016: whole family

My guesses for Luxembourg National Day 2017:
MT: Diamond Vine
Stephanie: Chaumet choker
Claire: Emerald Art Deco
Alexandra: GD Adelaide

2013 Claire was not yet married to attend. In 2014 she had given birth a week before so little surprise she didn't attend. Alexandra was a student abroad and was not unknown to miss events. Neither are the case this year with either woman, well Alexandra but Ireland is much closer, no reason to think they won't.

Of course I didn't expect Claire to attend 2013 or 2014. I was merely pointing out "whole family at gala" isn't usually true. Alexandra is likely to attend and despite being aboard for several years, she attended National Day (any part) more often than not. Except for the GD and HGD couples, everyone else is a bonus.

Here my guesses for the upcoming Tiara Events in May 2017

Birthday in Oslo:
Q. Sonja. Josephine Diamond Tiara
CP Mette Marit, Amethyst Tiara
P.Märtha Louise Queen Maud Pearl Tiara
P. Astrid Queen Mauds Turquise Tiara
( i dont expect any Tiara Suprise but i think it would be nice to see someone in Q.Maud Diamond Tiara or Märtha Louise/Mette with the Modern Gold Tiara

Q.Silvia Leuchtenberg Sapphire Tiara
CP Victoria Six Button /Laurel Wreath
P.Sofia Amethyst Tiara
( I really hope Q.Silvia will suprise us and wears the Edward VII Ruby Tiara, I think its hard to say which Tiara Victoria might wear but also possible would be Connaught Tiara imo.

Q. Margrethe Aigrette
CP Mary Midnight Tiara/ her new Tiara
( The Midnigt Tiara seems to be something like a bday Tiara for Mary, i hope she will not wear the gold headpiece she wore in sweden last year)

Q.Mathilde Wolfers Tiara or Base of 9 Province

GD Maria Teresa Belgian Scroll
HGD Stephanie Topaz & pearl Tiara

My guess for not confirmed Guests.
Q.Maxima Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara/ Peacock Tiara ( i would like to see the smal sapphire Tiara
P.Beatrix. Q.Emma Diamond Tiara
P.Mabel. Her wedding Tiara

Q.Anne Marie Greek Ruby Tiara
P.Marie Chantal Fringe Tiara

D.Camilla. Cubitt Shand Tiara

I dont think Charlene or Benedikte will attend but we will see..

My guess for Luxembourg Nationalday
GD Maria Teresa. Vine Leaves Tiara
HGD Stephanie Amethyst Bandeau
P. Claire Ruby Parure

My Guess for Swedish State Visit to Indonesia
Q.Silvia Conaught Tiara
( I remember Margrethe wore a Tiara in Indonesia so i guess Silvia wears a Tiara too)

State visit from Portugal to Luxembourg
GD Maria Teresa- Aquamarine Bandeau
GDH Stephanie Butterfly Tiara

Diplomtic Dinner in Netherlands i guess around 20th may
Q,Maxima I think its the Wurttemberg Pearl Tiara but it will depend what she wears in Norway imo. I hope its not again the Ruby Parure..
P. Beatrix Pearl Button
P.Magriet Dutch Emerald Pearl Tiara

Last edited:
I will wait for the guest list to be published by the Norwegian court before I post my guesses for the Birthday party. I do hope the Ladies will wear some nice jewelry on Wednesday too, it's a pity that one isn't white tie. I'm looking forward to see all your guesses! It will be a very good night for us jewelry lovers I think!

I will wait for the guest list to be published by the Norwegian court before I post my guesses for the Birthday party. I do hope the Ladies will wear some nice jewelry on Wednesday too, it's a pity that one isn't white tie. I'm looking forward to see all your guesses! It will be a very good night for us jewelry lovers I think!
They do as they did for the 60th birthdays in 1997 and the King's 70th birthday in 2007 and celebrates with a white tie dinner and a black tie dinner.

They do as they did for the 60th birthdays in 1997 and the King's 70th birthday in 2007 and celebrates with a white tie dinner and a black tie dinner.

And it is indeed quite common elsewhere too. Those were the days when we got two or more white tie events for a celebration or a state visit. It is almost just the Danes and Swedes that do that on rare occasions.

I think the opulence of two white tie events is one thing for something like a state visit, nobels, even a wedding. But it seems perhaps over kill for a birthday, even a big one. One white tie and one black is still a big occasion to celebrate.

I think that is a fair guess, too bad. But nice to see such extensive celebrations anyway.

Q Sonja - Queen Josephine's Diamond Tiara
CP Mette-Marit - Pearl and Diamond Tiara
P Märtha Louise - Amethyst Tiara
P Astrid - Turquoise Tiara
Q Silvia - Leuchtenberg parure
CP Victoria - Connaught Tiara
P Sofia - Four button tiara - so hard, she has surprised us very much lately.
Q Margrethe - Aigrette tiara
CP Mary - New tiara

Who knows? Maybe the Norwegian ladies surprise us and introduces us to some new pieces? Maybe something from late Princess Raghild's collections, it would be a nice tribute to her and and to remember her on such an evening.

Continued guesses for the more guests.

Q Mathilde - The base of the full nine province tiara
GD Maria Teresa - Diamond Vine Leaves Tiara
HGD Stephanie - Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde's Tiara

And guests that possibly, or hopefully, will attend:
Q Maxima - Mellerio Ruby Tiara
P Beatrix - Queen Emma's Tiara
Q Anne-Marie - Greek Ruby Tiara
P Marie-Chantal - Fringe Tiara
D of Cornwall - The Cubitt-Shand Tiara
P Charlene - probably no tiara at all if she attends

I think Mathilde will wear the full Nine Provinces tiara.

More guesses for the dinner in Norway:

Queen Sofia: Ruby tiara
Marie Chantal: Fringe tiara
Tatiana: Wedding tiara
Sofia: Wedding tiara

Last edited:
My guess for the Norwegian festivities:

Queen Sonja: the emeralds
CPss Mette-Marit: the smaller setting of Queen Maud's pearl & diamond tiara
Pss Martha-Louise: amethyst tiara
Pss Astrid: Vasa tiara

Queen Silvia: Nine prong
CPss Victoria: Laurel tiara
Sofia: her own tiara

Queen Margrethe: Floral aigrette
CPss Mary: her new tiara

Mathilde: Nine provinces

GDss Maria Teresa: Belgian scroll tiara
HGD Stephanie: Bracelet tiara with Q. Astrids emeralds

Queen Maxima: Peacock rubies
Pss Beatrix: Diamond floral tiara
Pss Mabel: her wedding tiara

Queen Anne-Marie: Khedive of Egypt tiara
Pss Marie-Chantal: modern fringe
Pss Tatiana: her borrowed modern tiara

Last edited:
My final guesses for Norway:

Sonja: Josephine's diamond tiara
Metre marit: amethyst tiara
Martha: wedding tiara
Astrid: vasa tiara
Silvia: sapphire tiara
Victoria: Connaught tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara
Margrethe: floral tiara
Mary: diamond tiara
Marie: wedding tiara
Mathilde: wolfers tiara
Sophie: five aquamarine tiara
Maxima: mellerio ruby tiara
Beatrix: Emma's diamond tiara
Maria Teresa: emerald tiara
Stephanie: Adelaide sapphire tiara
Anne Marie: wedding tiara
Marie Chantal: fringe tiara
Tatiana: wedding tiara

Last edited:
My guess for the Norwegian festivities:

Queen Sonja: the emeralds
CPss Mette-Marit: the daisy bandeau
Pss Martha-Louise: her 18th birthday tiara
Pss Astrid: the turquoise circlet

wishing to see queen maud diamond tiara or countess Estelle Bernadotte Pink Topaz Tiara to be worn either by a norwegian or swedish royal

Queen Silvia: Nine prong
CPss Victoria: baden fringe
Sofia: new to her tiara maybe the connaught tiara

Queen margrethe : Floral aigrette
CPss Mary: her new tiara

Mathilde: the base of Nine provinces and maybe other new piece of jewellery to her like a necklace or a bracelet

GDss Maria Teresa: Grand Duchess Charlotte's Emerald Art Deco Tiara
HGD Stephanie: Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde's Sapphire & Diamond Tiara

Queen Maxima: the Wurttemberg Ornate Pearl Tiara
Pss Beatrix: Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara
Pss Mabel: her wedding tiara

Queen Anne-Marie: Khedive of Egypt tiara
Pss Marie-Chantal: fringe tiara
Pss Tatiana: the antique Corsage Tiara
wishing to see Anne-Marie wearing Queen Sophia's Diamond Tiara

Countess of wessex : the modern aquamarine tiara/necklace .

For the diplomatic dinner I predict Maxima will wear the peacock tiara.

As expected Maxima wears the Wuerttemberg Pearl Tiara:flowers:

There will be a dutch state visit to Portugal in October. I think Maxima will wear the mellerio ruby tiara.

There will be a dutch state visit to Portugal in October. I think Maxima will wear the mellerio ruby tiara.

I agree, but i also think it will depend which tiara she will wear in italy, and for the state visit from Vietnam( no date confirmed yet, but its been said it should take place later this year,) i could imagine she will wear the pearl tiara or the peacock tiara.. we will see..

My final guess for Maxima in Italy is Queen Emma's diamond tiara.

I like that Queen Maxima enjoys wearing the big guns. But there are so many nice, smaller tiara in the collection, and they are becoming quite neglected, imo. I miss seeing the peacock tiara, the emerald tiara (or it's pearl version) and the sapphire necklace tiara. Another thing I'd like to see on her is Queen Emma's diamond tiara with the ruby centre.

Imo, peacock or emerald tiara would be good guesses for Portugal, because of the red and green flag.

I like that Queen Maxima enjoys wearing the big guns. But there are so many nice, smaller tiara in the collection, and they are becoming quite neglected, imo. I miss seeing the peacock tiara, the emerald tiara (or it's pearl version) and the sapphire necklace tiara. Another thing I'd like to see on her is Queen Emma's diamond tiara with the ruby centre.

Imo, peacock or emerald tiara would be good guesses for Portugal, because of the red and green flag.

I don't like the diamond tiara with the ruby center (US spelling) as it looks to me like a cyclops eye. I do like though the Dutch emerald tiara and wish Máxima wore it more often with matching jewels and gown. Green is one of the national colors (US spelling again !) both in Italy and in Portugal, so it could be an incentive for Máxima to dust off the emeralds.

I agree with you it would be nice to see the small sapphire necklace again, I also hope she will wear the Aquamarine Tiara again, its not my favourite but i love Aquamarine stones. But the Mellerio Ruby seems to be her favourite Tiara. During her 4 years as Queen of Netherlands, Maxima wore the Big Mellerio Sapphire Tiara 3x , the Wuerttemberg Pearl Tiara 3x, Mellerio Ruby 4x, Peacock 3x , Diamond Bandeau three times, Her wedding Tiara with stars, Antique Pearl Tiara, Emerald Tiara, Q.Emma Tiara just once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom