The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
So we just got two first-time tiaras within three days. Not bad.
What do you think will be the next one?

I find it hard to imagine that Letizia will inaugurate two first-timers in a row, so I expect one of the tiara she has already worn. Preferably the Mellerio shell tiara. Maybe HGD Stephanie? She seems to be quite a magpie and hasn't worn a new one for some time. There's a Luxembourg State Visit coming up, the National Day gala and maybe the 80th birthday celebrations in Norway are a tiara event as well. I'd love to see one of the Norwegian ladies with Queen Maud's diamond tiara, though that seems not very likely.
__________________

__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-25-2017, 07:16 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,845
We still don't know the UK calender for state visits for this year. Depending on who the incoming visitors are, we could see some interesting bits emerge.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-25-2017, 07:45 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,894
I hope Her Majesty's Government will propose an invitation to the King of the Netherlands. Last year the King and Queen did attend Remembrance Sunday. The Queen knows Willem-Alexander his whole life. He has studied in Wales.

The Netherlands always advocated British membership of the EU (as contraweight to the two other Benelux neighbours: Germany and France) and it will never harm the UK to have a friend in The Hague with a moderate effect on Germany and France in the Brexit talks. Again also out of Dutch interest: think at giant Anglo-Dutch multinationals like Royal Dutch Shell and Unilever...

No doubt that such a State Visit will have a promise of awesome good oldfashioned royal glitter... ;-)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-25-2017, 09:52 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,273
I wonder how Queens Fabiola and Paola managed tiaras wthin 3 days as they had only 2! For Queen Mathilde Nine Province , Wolfers and Wedding tiaras. Thanks Queen Fabiola !
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-25-2017, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
I wonder how Queens Fabiola and Paola managed tiaras wthin 3 days as they had only 2! For Queen Mathilde Nine Province , Wolfers and Wedding tiaras. Thanks Queen Fabiola !
Queen Fabiola actually had 3 tiaras at her disposal (the Nine Provinces, the Wolfers, and the Spanish wedding gift). Queen Paola had only two (the Nine Provinces and the Art Deco).

So far, Mathilde has also worn three tiaras since she became queen consort (the Nine Provinces, the Wolfers convertible necklace, and her own Brabant laurel wreath). It remains to be seen whether the Spanish wedding gift is also available to her or not. Hopefully she will surprise us at the Danish state visit and debut the Spanish tiara, but I wouldn't count, much less bet on that.

It is unfortunate that Queen Mathilde doesn't also have access to the Art Deco tiara , but I'm afraid that piece will definitely stay with Princess Astrid.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 02-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I hope Her Majesty's Government will propose an invitation to the King of the Netherlands. Last year the King and Queen did attend Remembrance Sunday. The Queen knows Willem-Alexander his whole life. He has studied in Wales.

The Netherlands always advocated British membership of the EU (as contraweight to the two other Benelux neighbours: Germany and France) and it will never harm the UK to have a friend in The Hague with a moderate effect on Germany and France in the Brexit talks. Again also out of Dutch interest: think at giant Anglo-Dutch multinationals like Royal Dutch Shell and Unilever...

No doubt that such a State Visit will have a promise of awesome good oldfashioned royal glitter... ;-)
I still have my fingers crossed for a Dutch state visit to Sweden this year.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-25-2017, 01:00 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,723
I think the next queen we will see the art deco on will be Elisabeth. While Paola lends it to her daughter now, because of the shortage of tiaras in the family, I don't believe it will be given to astrid permanently. It will be fitting to see the future Queen Elisabeth in her namesakes tiara.

I do hope we see Mathilde in the wedding gift soon.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I still have my fingers crossed for a Dutch state visit to Sweden this year.
Such a visit might give us another glimpse of the Braganza. It hasn't been used since Victoria's wedding, so it's long overdue.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-25-2017, 05:02 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Helsingborg, Sweden
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Such a visit might give us another glimpse of the Braganza. It hasn't been used since Victoria's wedding, so it's long overdue.
Indeed, so it is about time some of the new monarchs visit Sweden, so Queen Silvia gets a reason to bring out the Braganza.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-26-2017, 01:15 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,040
My predictions for the Belgian visit to Denmark

Mathilde: full version of the Nine Provinces tiara
Margrethe: emerald parure
Mary: wedding tiara
Marie : wedding tiara
Benedikte: Fringe tiara
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 02-26-2017, 02:19 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 6,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think the next queen we will see the art deco on will be Elisabeth. While Paola lends it to her daughter now, because of the shortage of tiaras in the family, I don't believe it will be given to astrid permanently. It will be fitting to see the future Queen Elisabeth in her namesakes tiara.

I do hope we see Mathilde in the wedding gift soon.
HI&RH Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este born Princess of Belgium exactly is not the one with a shortage of jewels, still she -as only daughter of Queen Paola- received the fabulous diamond bandeau. So I am not all that sure that Astrid would leave it to her niece Elisabeth and not to her many daughters(-in-law), all Archduchesses and all active in high society. There is still a whole layer of royalty and aristocracy living in their niche of society, totally unnoticed by the public, but still with fancy balls, diners, receptions et all.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 02-26-2017, 02:27 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Indeed, so it is about time some of the new monarchs visit Sweden, so Queen Silvia gets a reason to bring out the Braganza.
Hopefully she will do so and not like at the State Visit from Luxembourg when she wore instead the Leuchtenberg sapphires.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 02-26-2017, 07:24 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,273
Duc , well said.
The Dowager Archduchess of Habsbourg Este is still alive. She has 4 Children . Will Prince Lorenz have the tiara AND the Eerald Collar??
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 02-26-2017, 02:10 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Let's return to the current events. Here is my list of (potential) tiara events before the summer break:

March
21st - SV from Iceland to Norway
23rd - representation dinner in Sweden
28th - SV from Belgium to Denmark
? - SV from Argentina to the Netherlands

April
4th - SV from Spain to Japan

May
9th - Gala dinner for the 80th birthday of King Harald and Queen Sonja
23rd - SV from Portugal to Luxembourg

June
6th - SV from the Netherlands to Italy and Vatican City

No date announced
May or June (probably) - Diplomatic Reception in the Netherlands
(might be later this year) - SV from the USA to Great Britain

Any corrections or additions?

----------
I'm particularly looking forward to Queen Letizia in Japan and to the birthday gala in Norway. It's not 100% sure that it will be tiaras, but I think it will. They might chose a dress code similar to that of King Carl Gustav's 70th BD, with optional tiaras.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 02-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
HI&RH Archduchess Astrid of Austria-Este born Princess of Belgium exactly is not the one with a shortage of jewels, still she -as only daughter of Queen Paola- received the fabulous diamond bandeau. So I am not all that sure that Astrid would leave it to her niece Elisabeth and not to her many daughters(-in-law), all Archduchesses and all active in high society. There is still a whole layer of royalty and aristocracy living in their niche of society, totally unnoticed by the public, but still with fancy balls, diners, receptions et all.

Has it ever actually been confirmed astrid was given the tiara? No. Yes she is loaned its use but we don't know who it will be left to when Paola dies.

The only daughter in law who will eventually really have any need for a tiara, in reality, is Elisabetta as the future archduchess. And there are the Austria ester tiaras.

I have no doubt Paola will leave her daughter jewels, as I am sure Elizabeth will leave Anne and her granddaughters pieces, but the tiara I have serious doubts. There are so few tiaras in the family.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 02-28-2017, 07:50 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,040
Does anyone know if King Willem Alexanders birthday with be a tiara event?
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 03-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Does anyone know if King Willem Alexanders birthday with be a tiara event?
It is not known, we have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't think it will be. But then you never know. WA and Maxima have augmented the number of tiara events, with their pre-inauguration gala and even some official visits. So there is a chance. It would be so gorgeous to see the King's aunts and sisters-in-law with tiaras once again!
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 03-02-2017, 01:16 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 4,273
Tilia C , I love your new Avatar !
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 03-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Tilia C , I love your new Avatar !
Thank you, maria-oliva.
For those who don't recognize it: it's the central element of the fleur-de-lys tiara recently worn by Queen Letizia.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 03-03-2017, 01:13 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 9,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It is not known, we have to wait and see.

Personally, I don't think it will be. But then you never know. WA and Maxima have augmented the number of tiara events, with their pre-inauguration gala and even some official visits. So there is a chance. It would be so gorgeous to see the King's aunts and sisters-in-law with tiaras once again!
Thank you. Hopefully there will be at least an official photo in which the Queen is wearing a tiara. If so, I think Maxima will wear the large pearl tiara.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiara and Jewels guessing for Prince Charles Coronation duke of poliganc Royal Jewels General Discussion 78 06-08-2017 10:11 AM
Sally Bedell Smith Upcoming Prince Charles Biography set for April 2017 release date WreathOfLaurels Royal Library 85 05-15-2017 04:57 AM
Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 2: 2016 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 519 01-05-2017 12:46 PM
Tiara & Jewels guessing for upcoming events 1: Oct 2009 - Dec 2015 Tilia C. Royal Jewels General Discussion 2019 12-14-2015 02:12 PM
Tiara's and jewels Queen Maxima might use IloveCP Royal Jewels General Discussion 41 03-29-2013 05:29 PM




Popular Tags
albania belgian state visit to japan best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday carl gustaf countess of snowdon crown princess mary crown princess mary cocktail dresses crown princess mary eveningwear crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge dutch state visit elia zaharia fashion poll hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style jewels king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander lists monarchy november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week picture of the week november 2016 pierre casiraghi prince charles prince harken in canada princess diana lady spencer princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofias hats princess sofia style queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gala dresses queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania australia november 2016 queen rania dresses queen rania fashion romania royal wedding september 2016 state visit successes succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises