The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-26-2017, 02:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Until a few years ago she used to wear it at incoming State Visits from other monarchies. But for the luxembrugian State Visit 10 years ago and i beleive also one from Jordan she wore anothe tiara. But i would be nice if she would start that again. As there will probably State Visits from the 3 new Kings in the next years we would see it quiet a few times.
Yes the last time she wore it for a visiting monarch, was the state visit by the Emperor and Empress of Japan in 2000 (or the outgoing state visit to Denmark in 2007). But she also wore the Leuchtenberg tiara for the state visit of King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia. But indeed these state visits are coming. closer and the possibility for the Braganza to be used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Silvia actually said that the Braganza tiara is heavy and difficult to wear, and she leaves it for very special occasions. Probably we wouldn't have some many chances to see it again unless there are any major special events in future.
I would say that these monarchy state visits are special occasions. I guess other special events in the future is the King's golden jubilee in 2023, the King's 75th birthday 2021, and 80th in 2026. One could hope for a grand celebration for the 200 year jubilee of the House of Bernadotte on the Swedish throne next year.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:08 PM
Majesty

Also a possible golden wedding anniversary of the king and queen in 2026. It's too bad all the most recent major wedding anniversaries of many kings and queens have not been celebrated In public ways, like gala dinners/concerts where they wear tiaras.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

If both C G and Silvia is alive and well for their golden wedding anniversary, i can imagine that Silvia would want to wear the Cameo Tiara for a gala or at least official portraits. But i wouldn't mind if she took the Braganza instead

Sadly, the opportunities for galas seems to be fewer and fewer. Only QMII seems to love full state galas the old way nowdays to every possible occassion. And she does it with that honour

I would love to see the Braganza Tiara again but she seems to prefer the Sapphires or Nine Prong Tiara these days even to "monarchy-State visits".

Imagine Silvia and Maxima having a "Battle of the Sapphires" during a dutch state visit to Sweden
Old 11-27-2017, 12:46 AM
Gentry

Silvia never wear Braganza tiara again after Victoria's wedding, right? I guess she would only wear it again for state visit between the Scandinavian. (imagine Braganza & Josephine’s Diamond, aww )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
If both C G and Silvia is alive and well for their golden wedding anniversary, i can imagine that Silvia would want to wear the Cameo Tiara for a gala or at least official portraits. But i wouldn't mind if she took the Braganza instead
It's possible because she wore the Braganza for her first official portrait.

Quote:
As there will probably State Visits from the 3 new Kings in the next years we would see it quiet a few times.
OT but WHAT???? I am excited
Old 11-27-2017, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Imagine Silvia and Maxima having a "Battle of the Sapphires" during a dutch state visit to Sweden
Better would be a battle of the Braganza tiara and the Stuart tiara.

Btw. is there a pic from the Wedding in 2010 showing Queen Silvia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa together. A battle of the walls of diamonds.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Courtier

*A wall of Diamonds* between Queen Silvia and the Grand Duchess Maria, now that would make my heart flutter like crazy.........darn how blinding that would be for everyone around them.......
Old 11-27-2017, 05:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Sadly, the opportunities for galas seems to be fewer and fewer. Only QMII seems to love full state galas the old way nowdays to every possible occassion. And she does it with that honour

I would love to see the Braganza Tiara again but she seems to prefer the Sapphires or Nine Prong Tiara these days even to "monarchy-State visits".

Quote:

Btw. is there a pic from the Wedding in 2010 showing Queen Silvia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa together. A battle of the walls of diamonds.
Anyway, I think that the Braganza is quite likely for the (possible) upcoming monarchy state visits. As you said a Braganza and Stuart battle would be amazing
Old 11-27-2017, 06:05 AM
Serene Highness

It would be fantastic to see the Braganza tiara again to any occassion. Didn't she wear it to a representation Dinner a few years back when she and the King came straight to the Dinner from a photo session ?

Can we please have such an opportunity again for the first representation Dinner of 2018 !

Btw. As much as i would love to see the Stuart Tiara again, i think Maxima would have worn it by now if she has any interest in wearing it.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:

This was the closest they got i think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1426.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	300812  
Old 11-27-2017, 06:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
It would be fantastic to see the Braganza tiara again to any occassion. Didn't she wear it to a representation Dinner a few years back when she and the King came straight to the Dinner from a photo session ?

Can we please have such an opportunity again for the first representation Dinner of 2018 !

Btw. As much as i would love to see the Stuart Tiara again, i think Maxima would have worn it by now if she has any interest in wearing it.
I think that actually is quite some years ago now. Without knowing I think that photo/dinner was in maybe 2004/2005.
Old 11-27-2017, 01:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
I think that actually is quite some years ago now. Without knowing I think that photo/dinner was in maybe 2004/2005.
Official dinner 10th March 2005.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 11-29-2017, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Well, I had 50% success in November, so let’s see how I do in December. I’m just doing my wishes this time.

Diplomatic Reception in the UK:
Queen – Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara
Camilla – Shand tiara
Catherine – Lotus tiara

Nobel day 1:
Silvia – Cameo parure
Victoria –Amethyst parure
Sofia – Large Cut Steel tiara
Madeline –Aquamarine tiara

Nobel day 2:
Silvia – Ruby tiara
Victoria – Baden Fringe tiara
Sofia – wedding tiara with emeralds and new base
Madeline – Modern Fringe tiara
Old 11-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
This was the closest they got i think
I think this is a photo taken at Victoria's wedding for I remember the gown Silvia wore with those amazing pink jewels for I was thrilled to see them out on her. That is one of my favorite sets of jewels in the SRF. And there is little Christian at the bottom for he was one who was in Victoria's wedding party.

Please correct me if I am wrong..........that to me was and is the most spectacular wedding of all times, the love between Victoria and Daniel just blew me away......it poured out them onto every one there and it is still the same today with them..........Nothing can ever replace that wedding for me.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:25 PM
Majesty

My Guesses for the noble prizes

Silvia: nine prong
Victoria: Connaught
Madeleine: amethyst tiara
Sofia: four button
Old 12-03-2017, 07:27 AM
Gentry

Is the state visit from Jordan to the Netherlands cancelled/postponed? I remember we had discussed few pages before.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the Jordanian visit has been postponed. There's no new date yet.

Is the date for the British diplomatic reception known? I think that we'll only see car pics from Kate and Camilla, at the best. My guess is: business as usual, lover's knot and honeycomb. But I'd really love to see any other tiara on them.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

Diplomatic Reception in the UK:
Queen – Vladimir Tiara with Drop Pearls
Camilla – Greville Honeycomb Tiara
Catherine – Cartier Scroll Tiara

Nobel day 1:
Silvia – Edward VII Ruby Tiara
Victoria –Connaught Tiara
Sofia – Four Button Tiara
Madeline – Modern Fringe Tiara

Nobel day 2:
Silvia – Nine Prong Tiara
Victoria – Baden Fringe tiara
Sofia – Small Cut Steel Tiara
Madeline – Connaught tiara
Old 12-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It as actually worn a lot of times by Queen Silvia after her Wedding. The last time she has worn it was at an State Visit to Austria in 2007. It would be a pity if this would only worn by ther heiress at their Weddings.
Yes, Before 2007, Silvia wore the tiara occasionally. She did not wear as frequently as the nine prong or Connaught but she wore occasionally. It would be a wonderful surprise if she wore at the Nobel prizes.
Old 12-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Serene Highness

One last bid for Sunday

The Queen : Cameo Tiara (but more likely Nine Prong Tiara)

The Crown Princess : Baden Fringe Tiara

Princess Sofia : Amethyst Tiara

Princess Madeleine : Modern Fringe Tiara

Princess Christina : Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara

And for Monday

The Queen : Connaught Diamond Tiara or Connaught Ruby Tiara

The Crown Princess : Princess Lilians Laurel Wreath Tiara

Princess Sofia : Wedding Tiara in the all Diamond Setting

Princess Madeleine: Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara

Princess Christina : Modern Fringe Tiara
Old 12-09-2017, 07:34 PM
Majesty