The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Courtier

The ruby tiara isn't my favorite, but like you said - it's time now to let go of the past controversy. That is one of the reasons why I'm suggesting that Victoria should wear it. Countess Marianne wouldn't object. And it would be interesting to see what Victoria could do with it! I think it would be a great look with her dark hair + the rubies.

Old 11-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Margrethe is wearing her Turquoise Daisy tiara in Ghana:
http://i68.tinypic.com/bhlmyc.jpg

Old 11-23-2017, 11:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Tiaras this evening, Sofia wears her wedding tiara without the emeralds.
https://media.shootitlive.com/9C5w9N...expressen/2931
https://media.shootitlive.com/D4f0JY...expressen/2931
Interesting that we are seeing the tiara without the emeralds. It fits P. Sofia's head so much better this way. Glad that they have adjusted the tiara to fit her head and that it has some adapting possibilities.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:27 AM
Majesty

Wow I never liked Sofia's tiara before but I loved it tonight. It looks so much better without the spearmint emeralds. And it has either been adjusted, or is just position better, as it looks so better positioned on her.

Reminds me of when she wears the small cut steel. The cut steel suits her, like it suits no one else, the pay she positions it. Sofia is the only one who I like it and the four buttons on.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:06 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
It's a mystery why they use the Cameo so rarely. Maybe it's fragile but it can't be in bad quality as Victoria could wear it without any issues for a whole day at her wedding.
Somehow I suspect the Cameo becomes a heirloom bride tiara which only reserves for future Sweden queen (which means the next time we can see it again may be Estelle's wedding in far future), I hope I am wrong.

Actually the ruby tiara is quite difficult to wear, it's so tall and has so many space. I don't think anyone besides Silvia (and her hair) can pull it off. (does the ruby tiara reserve for the queen only?) btw I am groaning WHY AMETHYSTS BUT NOT THE RUBY when I see Silvia's red gown. I think IF Victoria can change her hairstyle (just looser) it may look good on her.

Good to see Sofia adjust the tiara's shape! Its base always look too flat to me. I hope she also remove the upper diamond between the palmettes if it allows, it's just too poking out to me.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
Somehow I suspect the Cameo becomes a heirloom bride tiara which only reserves for future Sweden queen (which means the next time we can see it again may be Estelle's wedding in far future), I hope I am wrong.
It as actually worn a lot of times by Queen Silvia after her Wedding. The last time she has worn it was at an State Visit to Austria in 2007. It would be a pity if this would only worn by ther heiress at their Weddings.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Actually the ruby tiara is quite difficult to wear, it's so tall and has so many space. I don't think anyone besides Silvia (and her hair) can pull it off. (does the ruby tiara reserve for the queen only?) btw I am groaning WHY AMETHYSTS BUT NOT THE RUBY when I see Silvia's red gown. I think IF Victoria can change her hairstyle (just looser) it may look good on her.
The ruby tiara certainly wasn't made to fit todays tiara criterias But it's a piece with a long royal history. It's also the only ruby tiara that the swedish family has access to.

In my dreams, Victoria would start wearing this - and also eventually make some modifications to it.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Let's hope for a surprise at this year's Nobels. With 4-5 royal ladies and on two nights, they should be able to give us something special.
I would like to see Victoria with a the aquamarine kokoshnik, or the pink topaz suite. Madeleine should try the large cut steel tiara. For the Queen I really hope that the breaks the rule that she alternates between the Leuchtenberg and the 9 prongs for the Nobels. It's more than time to wear the cameos again. And as for Sofia, I'd like to see if the new open halo-style setting of the wedding tiara also works with the emeralds.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

I agree with all, who would like too something different at nobel prize this year..

I think during the past 7 years we had a change for use of jewels in swedish royal family. Silvia shared The Connaught with her daughters, the Aquamarine kokoshnik seems to be back at the vault and "often" in use now. I also noticed Silvia wears the "small" Tiaras more often, in 2016/17 she wore both the Amethyst and Baden Fringe twice.
Tbh. i really hate the Cameo Tiara, it looks to costume for me, so i dont like to see it more often. But the Ruby Tiara would be really great, at least for the second dinner.
Maybe im to optimist, but Maybe we will see Victoria with 9 Prong, i know Usually its been worn by Q.Silvia, but also Lillian wore the Tiara for nobel prize..
Old 11-24-2017, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
I agree with all, who would like too something different at nobel prize this year..

I think during the past 7 years we had a change for use of jewels in swedish royal family. Silvia shared The Connaught with her daughters, the Aquamarine kokoshnik seems to be back at the vault and "often" in use now. I also noticed Silvia wears the "small" Tiaras more often, in 2016/17 she wore both the Amethyst and Baden Fringe twice.
Tbh. i really hate the Cameo Tiara, it looks to costume for me, so i dont like to see it more often. But the Ruby Tiara would be really great, at least for the second dinner.
Maybe im to optimist, but Maybe we will see Victoria with 9 Prong, i know Usually its been worn by Q.Silvia, but also Lillian wore the Tiara for nobel prize..
Yes the Aquamarine Kokoshnik set seems to be back in use now :) Probably because Princess Margaretha keeps it at the jewel vault in Stockholm and not in her home (lesson from the fate of Christinas tiara maybe) she probably think it should be used too :) Would love to see Victoria and Sofia use it for the first time.

Wether the Nine Prong Tiara will be used by someone else than Silvia depends on if anyone else have a matching headshape for it. It's the only tiara in the swedish vault that is 100 % nonflexible.

I think we will se Silvia more and more in the smaller tiaras the older she gets.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
I think we will se Silvia more and more in the smaller tiaras the older she gets.
Most probably (even though I don't think the amethyst tiara is a small tiara at all), but I would like to see her in the Braganza many more times. That will not happen for Nobels though... or that would be a major surprise!
Old 11-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
The ruby tiara isn't my favorite, but like you said - it's time now to let go of the past controversy. That is one of the reasons why I'm suggesting that Victoria should wear it. Countess Marianne wouldn't object. And it would be interesting to see what Victoria could do with it! I think it would be a great look with her dark hair + the rubies.
I would guess that we won´t see the ruby tiara more regular until countess Marianne Passes away. Even though i don´t think she will object to it´s use the press could drag it up again and with her the last "Connection" to Prince Sigvard is gone if you understand what i mean..
Old 11-25-2017, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
I would guess that we won´t see the ruby tiara more regular until countess Marianne Passes away. Even though i don´t think she will object to it´s use the press could drag it up again and with her the last "Connection" to Prince Sigvard is gone if you understand what i mean..
Correct. The swedish media (wich is not exactly "monarchy-friendly") wouldn't hesitate to go on and on and on with the old infected tiara-fight between the King and his late uncle. I don't think Countess Marianne has ever cared about that thing as much as her late husband did but the media certainly does. The Queen has worn it to the Nobel Dinner at the Royal Palace on 11 December before so we might see it there but i doubt it will be used frequently during very high profile events like the Nobel Award Ceremony and Dinner on 10 December and incoming-outgoing state visits until Marianne has passed away.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
Most probably (even though I don't think the amethyst tiara is a small tiara at all), but I would like to see her in the Braganza many more times. That will not happen for Nobels though... or that would be a major surprise!
Yes the Amethysts is indeed an impressing parure. Not the grandest in the vault but definitely not small. I would say It's medium-sized.

Would love to see the Queen wearing the Braganza tiara again. The way she wore it during Victorias Wedding might have been It's best outing ever. It will probably be on official portraits and maybe also during a monarchy State visit though she seems to prefer the Sapphires and the Nine Prong tiara nowdays to big events. The Braganza is probably heavy. I read somewhere that Queen Louise complained that it always gave her headaches.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:42 PM
Majesty

My guesses for the diplomatic dinner:

Kate: lovers knot tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara
Old 11-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Gentry

Silvia actually said that the Braganza tiara is heavy and difficult to wear, and she leaves it for very special occasions. Probably we wouldn't have some many chances to see it again unless there are any major special events in future.
Old 11-26-2017, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

I wonder if HMQ has any Pearl bracelets/cuffs to lend the Duchess of Cambridge ? If so, possibly those and the 'Lovers knot Tiara', with the Jenny Packham gown worn the other day for this years Diplomatic Reception ?

Altho' I suspect the Duchess of Cornwall will wear the Honeycomb AGAIN, the Delhi Durbar would be 'a treat'.

HMQ in the 'Girls', I hope [light but substantial].
Old 11-26-2017, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Silvia actually said that the Braganza tiara is heavy and difficult to wear, and she leaves it for very special occasions. Probably we wouldn't have some many chances to see it again unless there are any major special events in future.
Until a few years ago she used to wear it at incoming State Visits from other monarchies. But for the luxembrugian State Visit 10 years ago and i beleive also one from Jordan she wore anothe tiara. But i would be nice if she would start that again. As there will probably State Visits from the 3 new Kings in the next years we would see it quiet a few times.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
I wonder if HMQ has any Pearl bracelets/cuffs to lend the Duchess of Cambridge ? If so, possibly those and the 'Lovers knot Tiara', with the Jenny Packham gown worn the other day for this years Diplomatic Dinner ?

Altho' I suspect the Duchess of Cornwall will wear the Honeycomb AGAIN, the Delhi Durbar would be 'a treat'.

HMQ in the 'Girls', I hope [light but substantial].
I am sure we will see Kate in the lovers knott. It seems her choice now. And we have already seen Kate in pearl bracelets.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/onnq7qRysNI/maxresdefault.jpg

But the queen does have ones to loan like the queen Mary pearl bracelet

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Queen Mary's Pearl Bracelet

So far though Kate seems to favor pairing the tiara with diamond jewelry.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
My guesses for the diplomatic dinner:

Kate: lovers knot tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara
Is the date of this year's reception for the Corps Diplomatique known?

Thanks,
B.