The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2017, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
Confirmed: The President of Israel will pay a state visit to Spain next Monday on November 6th--7th
Israel avoids explicitly supporting Spain regarding Catalonia

My Guess for Gala Dinner. Letizia will wear Floral Tiara or her Pearl Ansorena.. I would like to see everything expect the Floral.. Also the prussian would be nice..
My guess is for the Floral Tiara,maybe queen Sofia might lend her the Prussian Tiara?

Old 11-01-2017, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

I believe the Queen Sofia wouldn't mind lending her any of her tiaras. The exception might be the ruby bandeau, which she has never shared with either her daughters or her daughter-in-law. But the floral tiara was a wedding gift to Queen Sofia, it's probably also a loan from Sofia. I think that it's just Queen Letizia's favourite tiara, so that's probably why she keeps choosing it.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Infantas Elena and Cristina for different reasons will alas not have a lot of tiara events anymore.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Infantas Elena and Cristina for different reasons will alas not have a lot of tiara events anymore.
The diamond Marichalar Tiara will become redundant like the diamond and sapphire tiara of Infanta Pilar!
Old 11-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps but Infanta Pilar and Don Luis Gomez-Acebo were not divorced.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

The Marichalar tiara can become the family's wedding tiara, but that's still a long time wait. Let's keep in mind that this thread is for short term events.

I hope that we will get to see some nice pics from the Diplomatic Reception in GB. My guess is that Kate will wear Queen Mary's lover's knot tiara again. And the Shand tiara for Camilla. It's always nice to see her wear something other than the honeycomb.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:43 PM
Courtier

The attending ladies (and gentlemen) of the Royal Family for the Nobel festivities have been announced by the Royal Court.

Queen Silvia
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Sofia
Princess Madeleine

All ladies will also attend The King's Dinner on the 11th, so 8 tiara appearances in total.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Courtier

No surprises there. Hopefully, princess Christina is also feeling well enough to join as she has done for years...
Old 11-01-2017, 07:56 PM
Majesty

I think Letizia will wear the floral tiara as well. As much as I love the lovers knot tiara, I would love to see law wear the Lotus tiara again at the diplomatic reception.
Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I agree, there won't be a tiara in India. So the visit to Japan will be full State Visit? Splendid!
Queen Beatrix wore a tiara in India back in 1986. So maybe there's some hope Queen Mathilde will wear one too !

Does anybody know the current dress code for Indian state banquets ? If it is still black tie, I am pretty positive that Queen Mathilde will wear a small tiara (probably the Wolfers or the Laurel Wreath).
Old 11-04-2017, 12:22 AM
Serene Highness

It was business suits in 2013 when the Japanese Emperor made a State Visit to India. I would not expect it to be more formal now.

My wish is that Mathilde wears a new-to-her necklace, hopefully from Queen Fabiola.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Queen Beatrix wore a tiara in India back in 1986. So maybe there's some hope Queen Mathilde will wear one too !

Does anybody know the current dress code for Indian state banquets ? If it is still black tie, I am pretty positive that Queen Mathilde will wear a small tiara (probably the Wolfers or the Laurel Wreath).
1986 is more than 30 years ago. Protocol and dress codes have changed considerably over time, so I don't think that we can take it as a reference. If it was suits for the Emperor of Japan, it's will most likely be the same for Philippe and Mathilde.

Old 11-06-2017, 01:54 AM
Gentry

If there is no tiara event in India, I still hope Mathilde will wear the Wolfers or even the Laurel Wreath Tiara as a necklace (has she even worn the base of 9 Provinces Tiara as a necklace/choker? she may give it a try)

I hope Letizia bring out the Shell Tiara again (with better hairstyle), but I guess she would prefer the Floral Tiara or her pearl Ansorena tiara. I don't mind if she wear grander pieces like the two Cartiers...

Swedish Nobel,
Silvia: 9 Prong Tiara, the sapphires tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara, Lilian's tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara, Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara (or Lilian's tiara? does it now belong to Victoria? I would like to see it on Madeleine)
Sofia: her wedding tiara, 4 buttons l tiara
Old 11-06-2017, 02:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Y.CII View Post
If there is no tiara event in India, I still hope Mathilde will wear the Wolfers or even the Laurel Wreath Tiara as a necklace (has she even worn the base of 9 Provinces Tiara as a necklace/choker? she may give it a try)

I hope Letizia bring out the Shell Tiara again (with better hairstyle), but I guess she would prefer the Floral Tiara or her pearl Ansorena tiara. I don't mind if she wear grander pieces like the two Cartiers...

Swedish Nobel,
Silvia: 9 Prong Tiara, the sapphires tiara
Victoria: Baden Fringe Tiara, Lilian's tiara
Madeleine: Modern Fringe Tiara, Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara (or Lilian's tiara? does it now belong to Victoria? I would like to see it on Madeleine)
Sofia: her wedding tiara, 4 buttons l tiara
Yes, it was left by Lilian to Victoria in her will. She is said to have left Victoria two tiaras (her will was made public) but what the other one is, is a mystery.

http://trondni.blogspot.ca/2013/11/t...ns-estate.html
Old 11-06-2017, 02:52 AM
Majesty

I just read that there will be a Belgian state visit to Canada in march and a visit to Portugal in the autumn. Do you think they will be Tiara events?
Old 11-06-2017, 03:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I just read that there will be a Belgian state visit to Canada in march and a visit to Portugal in the autumn. Do you think they will be Tiara events?
I'd say yes. I know Maxima wore a tiara when her and WA were in Canada in 2015.

Queen Máxima dazzles in fuchsia at State Dinner in Canada

Portugal state visits they do as well. We saw Maxima there earlier this year.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

My Guess for Nobel Prize.

10th December
Q.Silvia 9 Prong
P.Victoria Connaught
P.Madeleine Modern Fringe
P.Sofia Amethyst

11th December
Q.Silvia Connaught
P.Victoria Cut Steel
P.Madeleine Modern Fringe
P. Sofia modern Cut Steel
Old 11-08-2017, 07:28 PM
Majesty

My guesses for the Swedish dinner this month:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Sofia: four button tiara
Old 11-16-2017, 03:55 PM
Majesty

For the future bride of Prince Christian of Hanover, I predict she will wear the Brunswick tiara.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Nobility

I would love to see the Love Trophy Collar on someone say at an upcoming wedding. I’m mesmerized by it.